272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 576.
#9451 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

that's very big of you, considering what he had written about you and later deleted

Thanks! Was that the “I hope your whole family gets it and I’ll piss on their graves”? or a different one? I think it was nicer. Doesn’t matter either way. People stressed out say stupid shit, especially online. Myself included!

#9452 4 years ago

I trust it was justified but I'm disappointed that TheFamilyArcade was thread booted here. I didn't realize it was him until late. He is a pisser for certain but I really like the man. I never met him personally but he and I went private a couple of times after a rocky start. To those that he rubbed the wrong way, I will tell you he is a really good dude.

From my observations on Pinside, the Moderators are pretty even handed even though I'm certain they have their own political beliefs. Some of you guys wear your politics on your sleeve and I've seen complaints about the moderators from both sides. Tough job for them. I'm glad they're here even though I've felt the sting myself.

I hate what politics is doing to many of us especially during a national and global crisis. Look what we do to one another on a stupid pinball forum. I have my regrets and embarrassing moments but some of you guys must have keyboards dripping in sweat.

Sorry if my message seems a bit dopy but my body chemistry is off due to a hangover.

#9453 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

There is a Youtuber named, Crazy Russian Hacker that I find entertaining. He's all over the board with eccentric stuff that he tests out but some of his videos are him opening and eating military MRE's from the 1940's or 1950's. Cookies, coffee and even cigarettes in them. Some of the containers have leaks, some don't. And some MRE's that he purchased are from military's around the globe. - I think he's funny too.
BOOM, dare ya go.

I believe I have seen this guy. Not sure I would want to eat MRE that old.

#9454 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

People stressed out say stupid shit, especially online. Myself included!

Me too. Thanks for posting that.

#9455 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I believe I have seen this guy. Not sure I would want to eat MRE that old.

I dunno. I’ve eaten MRE’s as old as 15 years. Especially a fan of fettuccine Alfredo.

#9456 4 years ago

Pinside before COVID:

C160D6D5-31F1-48A4-AC98-C7A32B6F960A (resized).jpegC160D6D5-31F1-48A4-AC98-C7A32B6F960A (resized).jpeg

Pinside after COVID:

3BC47430-A7FB-4139-9DE2-AEFA169CF92A (resized).jpeg3BC47430-A7FB-4139-9DE2-AEFA169CF92A (resized).jpeg

#9457 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Let’s keep it clean guys. Don’t want the thread locked.

Nor any more people banned...

#9458 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I dunno. I’ve eaten MRE’s as old as 15 years. Especially a fan of fettuccine Alfredo.

Screenshot_20200411-115214~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200411-115214~2 (resized).png
#9459 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Nor any more people banned...

People openly pontificating about who will be president for the next 4 years should be banned. Unless that zero tolerance policy has been waived? I’m sure we all have tons of fascinating opinions on the subject that we’ve been holding back on...but if it’s open season, we can let ‘em tip?

#9460 4 years ago

People on both sides are winking at friends and pushing boundaries. I'd like to see it all stopped.

#9461 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The gum and cigs usually seem ok. The canned pork or whatever usually isn’t.

BUT THEY STILL EAT IT
and that's why I keep coming back.

I love looking into the aspects of wars that aren't the fighting. The supply chains, the home fronts, the duldrums of the daily life.

Like this is one of the more interesting WW2 videos I've seen in a long while. Highly recommended.

#9462 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

4 people on this planet know where my bunker is. Yes it is boobie trapped. Yes with animal proof explosives in designated blast proximity. No, you can’t come over for dinner.

Go watch Angel has Fallen on netflix now

#9463 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People openly pontificating about who will be president for the next 4 years should be banned.

You'd like that.

Maybe report him to the Ministry of Truth.

Might want to wait until after the 2 Minutes of Hate are up though.

I wouldn't want you to get short changed.

#9464 4 years ago

#9465 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

There is a Youtuber named, Crazy Russian Hacker that I find entertaining. He's all over the board with eccentric stuff that he tests out but some of his videos are him opening and eating military MRE's from the 1940's or 1950's. Cookies, coffee and even cigarettes in them. Some of the containers have leaks, some don't. And some MRE's that he purchased are from military's around the globe. - I think he's funny too.
BOOM, dare ya go.

I realized I had been given this about 10 years ago. I believe it to be from an MRE.? About an inch and a half tall.

20200411_120915 (resized).jpg20200411_120915 (resized).jpg
#9466 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I realized I had been given this about 10 years ago. I believe it to be from an MRE.? About an inch and a half tall.[quoted image]

Maybe bit those are all over the place.
Source: Had an ex who was weird about loving all things small and found these often

(Yes I realize what I wrote before posting but you gotta throw your boys an alleyoop once in a while)

#9467 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Maybe bit those are all over the place.
Source: Had an ex who was weird about loving all things small and found these often
(Yes I realize what I wrote before posting but you gotta throw your boys an alleyoop once in a while)

Perhaps on airlines?

#9468 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The good news on my end is that this post should get you banned from the thread. The rest of us are trying to obey the rules don’t see why you don’t think you have to.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People openly pontificating about who will be president for the next 4 years should be banned.

Jesus man, you campaigning to be a moderator?

Quoted from Mr68:

People on both sides are winking at one another and pushing boundaries. I'd like to see it all stopped.

Agreed. Some people on here are antagonizing and baiting others to post certain “forbidden” comments, but then not getting booted themselves.

#9469 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Some people on here are antagonizing and baiting others to post certain “forbidden” comments, but then not getting booted themselves.

Master baiters

#9470 4 years ago

No more moderation talk. If you have an issue, you need to report the abuse or open a moderator feedback thread. We have placed several warnings throughout the thread. We are monitoring it already.

We are all doing as fair of a job as we can. This pandemic has been unprecedented, as has the thread on pinside covering the topic.
Discussing the policies/moderations openly is a GREAT way to get ejected.

#9471 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I realized I had been given this about 10 years ago. I believe it to be from an MRE.? About an inch and a half tall.[quoted image]

Not from an MRE. But I still have my Limited Edition of Billy Mitchell's hot sauce from the 2008 Midwest Gaming Classic. If things get desperate I may have to open this sucker up!
IMG_20200411_123248 (resized).jpgIMG_20200411_123248 (resized).jpgIMG_20200411_123258 (resized).jpgIMG_20200411_123258 (resized).jpg

#9472 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Not from an MRE. But I still have my Limited Edition of Billy Mitchell's hot sauce from the 2008 Midwest Gaming Classic.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! I have mine also Billy Mitchell from 2013 PATZ.

#9473 4 years ago

bottle says "26 of 50" limited edition ..but lower in same photo shows the number 28..did you get cheated on this?

#9474 4 years ago

Stopped by Aldi this morning and they had a 2 person cart cleaning crew on the grounds. They gave you a cart that was cleaned, no quarter required. Upon returning it they took and again cleaned again. I made sure to thank them for doing this! I'm sure this made people feel a little less stressed and at ease.

#9475 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

bottle says "26 of 50" limited edition ..but lower in same photo shows the number 28..did you get cheated on this?

Either that or it's a rarity like the '89 Fleer Billy Ripken baseball card

#9476 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Either that or it's a rarity like the '89 Fleer Billy Ripken baseball card

just jokin with you my friend.you must expect this kind of comment from a former 'FIB'

#9477 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Quoted from MikeS:

Not from an MRE. But I still have my Limited Edition of Billy Mitchell's hot sauce from the 2008 Midwest Gaming Classic. If things get desperate I may have to open this sucker up!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from chad:

Nice! I have mine also Billy Mitchell from 2013 PATZ.

Do you guys ever actually use the hot sauces?
Lol

This doesn't include any peppers, pepper sauces, hot sauce packets, or spices. That would take forever...

20200411_125125 (resized).jpg20200411_125125 (resized).jpg
#9478 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Do you guys ever actually use the hot sauces?
Lol
This doesn't include any peppers, pepper sauces, hot sauce packets, or spices. That would take forever...[quoted image]

There are only 2 that I have not used, Billy Mitchell and the very small one . I saved them specifically. Any other hot sauce I definately have opened.

#9479 4 years ago

My go to is always Marie Sharps. Original. Great on black beans (baked beans work too) and rice with a side of chicken.

98346C6B-6EC1-40A9-9B57-13FD01A193C8.jpeg98346C6B-6EC1-40A9-9B57-13FD01A193C8.jpeg
#9480 4 years ago

I’m trying to limit the collection of these sauces as they just seem to hang around and age. But the last few weeks have given me an opportunity to go though it all.

I’m pretty settled on avoiding novelty sauce at this point and sticking with Tabasco, choula, and guilty pleasure Siracha (though honestly I’m getting tired of the stuff)

There is a local tavern called Sam’s Waterfront that has amazing sauce, flavorful and hot. I’m about to run out of that stuff but the bottle is a couple years old anyway so it was time.

Heinz has a Tabasco ketchup now which is good, since I usually mix them anyway.

#9481 4 years ago

The moderators asked us to move anything remotely COVID related here. So I'm reposting here. I've already heard a couple of decent suggestions. Notably, turn off every other machine, and alternate which games are turned on. I thought that was pretty creative. Anyway, here was my original post:

I'm starting to ponder what changes COVID may bring to location pinball.

At least at first, I would imagine that bars and restaurants will be asked to facilitate the 6 feet distance between patrons. That means spacing my location games much more widely than normal. To get 6 feet between players, it seems that would decrease the number of games in a row dramatically. (Down to 1/3-1/2 of the usual number?)

I could also imagine putting sanitizer in the Pingulps rather than reserving that for drinks. Or a pingulp on each side? One for sanitizer, one for drinks?

Frequent cleaning? Perhaps need to leave cleaning materials available for patrons to clean the games themselves if they want?

What other ideas can you think of to optimize location pinball in the near future?

#9482 4 years ago

Taco Bell, Border Sauce! I gots 100's of packets at home.
0_b7Jc4-Exnmh5PRiJ (resized).jpg0_b7Jc4-Exnmh5PRiJ (resized).jpg

#9483 4 years ago

Heat to vinegar ratio is what I look to. Cholula is nice and mild. My go to everyday life (eggs, toast, etc). Tabasco is too vinegary for me. If I am cooking, I usually won’t use any of those types of pepper sauces and instead just put a couple scoops of fresh chili paste in there.

#9484 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Heat to vinegar ratio is what I look to. Cholula is nice and mild. My go to everyday life (eggs, toast, etc). Tabasco is too vinegary for me. If I am cooking, I usually won’t use any of those types of pepper sauces and instead just put a couple scoops of fresh chili paste in there.

Im not big on the vinegar either. Tabasco is good for cooking, however, because the vinegar burns off.

#9485 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Im not big on the vinegar either. Tabasco is good for cooking, however, because the vinegar burns off.

Will keep that in mind. Next week is soup week on the quarantine calendar.

This thread is good for all the random obvious things in life I should already know but didn’t.

#9486 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Will keep that in mind. Next week is soup week on the quarantine calendar.
This thread is good for all the random obvious things in life I should already know but didn’t.

My wife uses the Tabasco, I prefer the pepper based (1st ingredient) hot sauces, which are typically what we call "mexican-style" down here. They are also almost always spicier.

#9487 4 years ago

Sriracha is great, but you gotta buy the ground paste version instead of the ketchup like stuff in the bottle. It’s sugar free, just as spicy, and is a great addition to stews/curries or just mix it in a bowl of rice.

#9488 4 years ago

My sauce and my home town.
Chelsea is known for brutal poverty, high crime and burning down right to the ground every 70 years or so, hence the hot sauce name.
97057919-BC0A-46AB-A5A9-D8F27A4BA924 (resized).jpeg97057919-BC0A-46AB-A5A9-D8F27A4BA924 (resized).jpeg8FAE8C35-42F1-443E-BCF7-A7E1B07E8BD0 (resized).jpeg8FAE8C35-42F1-443E-BCF7-A7E1B07E8BD0 (resized).jpeg

#9489 4 years ago

maybe this happened yesterday and I wasn't paying attention, but USA (20,086) overtook Italy (19,468) in having most # of deaths

#9490 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Sriracha is great, but you gotta buy the ground paste version instead of the ketchup like stuff in the bottle. It’s sugar free, just as spicy, and is a great addition to stews/curries or just mix it in a bowl of rice.

Link?!

#9491 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

maybe this happened yesterday and I wasn't paying attention, but USA (20,086) overtook Italy (19,468) in having most # of deaths

Yes there’s a lot of death. It totally Fn sucks.

Am I wrong in assuming that by this point, everybody knows someone who is dead, dying, or miserable with Covid? I don’t know anybody who has died but plenty of friends/relatives of friends.

#9492 4 years ago

You want the jars. The clear is a chili garlic paste and the gold is chili paste. It’s in the Asian section of my store (while regular sriracha got bumped up into the condiment aisle)

79E5E46F-09B1-4AB3-98F2-2D26977B236B (resized).jpeg79E5E46F-09B1-4AB3-98F2-2D26977B236B (resized).jpeg
#9493 4 years ago

The gold label is what I was referring to and use when cooking. You can also add afterwards, which we have to do now due to the kids. Make things super plain for kiddos then add a scoop of the paste on your rice.

Beware if you don’t distribute it properly and you get the 99% paste bite

Edit: Also don’t spill it on your wife’s phone when passing it to her. Destroys speakers and you will never hear the end of it.

#9494 4 years ago

I'd like to say after weeks of rain, the sun beating on my head this morning feels good.

#9495 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

The moderators asked us to move anything remotely COVID related here. So I'm reposting here. I've already heard a couple of decent suggestions. Notably, turn off every other machine, and alternate which games are turned on. I thought that was pretty creative. Anyway, here was my original post:
I'm starting to ponder what changes COVID may bring to location pinball.
At least at first, I would imagine that bars and restaurants will be asked to facilitate the 6 feet distance between patrons. That means spacing my location games much more widely than normal. To get 6 feet between players, it seems that would decrease the number of games in a row dramatically. (Down to 1/3-1/2 of the usual number?)
I could also imagine putting sanitizer in the Pingulps rather than reserving that for drinks. Or a pingulp on each side? One for sanitizer, one for drinks?
Frequent cleaning? Perhaps need to leave cleaning materials available for patrons to clean the games themselves if they want?
What other ideas can you think of to optimize location pinball in the near future?

You might want to watch/research how small and casual restaurants adapt as they have similar problems as you do. Reduced seating within the same area limits for one. I see many restaurants going out of business unless the get really creative somehow. Large expensive restaurants won't have nearly as bad a problem.
I like the idea for sanitizer in the pingulps as a customer but it could become a stocking problem for the operators. Good luck.

#9496 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You want the jars. The clear is a chili garlic paste and the gold is chili paste. It’s in the Asian section of my store (while regular sriracha got bumped up into the condiment aisle)[quoted image]

Yeah I have the chili paste with the green lid. Good stuff.

#9497 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes there’s a lot of death. It totally Fn sucks.
Am I wrong in assuming that by this point, everybody knows someone who is dead, dying, or miserable with Covid? I don’t know anybody who has died but plenty of friends/relatives of friends.

I haven't met anyone that has it or anyone that knows anyone who does.

#9498 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Do you have a pic or link?

Is it the one in the clear jar with the green lid?

#9499 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I haven't met anyone that has it or anyone that knows anyone who does.

Probably skewed due to my location.

#9500 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My workhorse editor at White River (publisher of several railroad enthusiast magazines) was complaining of "some kind of funk like he had never known" back in February. It actually affected several pieces and deadlines we were working on, and I'd not known anything like that in the almost 10 years I've worked with him. He was born in 1965, so not quite in the high risk group, but close. And now I have to wonder... it was actually scary for a while back then, and if he *didn't* have it then, I can't imagine what would happen if he got it now.

And as I type this I am working from home on critical scheduled IT infrastructure changes for my job, leaving my wife to take my kids to the drive-by memorial for one of their more beloved teachers, who passed away from Covid-19 induced complications just a few days ago. The schools shut down only a month ago; they've opened up the parking lot for this memorial. It's pretty tragic.

Granted, both are not "close relative" relations as far as those things go, so I've been fortunate in that respect thus far. And yet... my 80yo father in law has severe COPD; we thought we were losing him a couple weeks back when we found out my niece decided "yay I'm an invincible 20-something dumbass" and went on spring break - albeit cutting it short. His wife called us in a panic having to rush him to that oh-so-wonderful rural care. He recovered, they are both basically hostage there on their farm. Since my wife and I are both essential and have to check in with our respective offices at times, also and shop for our own household... we basically can't go anywhere near them until.... well when, exactly, is anyone's guess. If he has another flareup and doesn't make it, it will suck horribly.

The more flippant "it's the economy, stupid... I'm young and invincible so yeehaw murica motherfukcer" people in all this really piss me off.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/190?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.