272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 576.
#9051 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Grill you up some chipmunk Dad.
I'll take mine Cov free please.

I’ll survive an apocalypse

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/157849/slow-cooker-squirrel-and-veggies/

#9052 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:Tell that to poor people.

The poor will inherit the Earth and delight in great prosperity.

#9053 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

The poor will inherit the Earth and delight in great prosperity.

Sweet! My ship has finally come in!

#9054 4 years ago

Lined up 3 labor and time intensive projects for next week. Time to change up the routine, too much wasted down time. Try to check on my favorite thread but time to stop dwelling on it. Gone for awhile.
Appreciate the discussion, everyone I knew growing up loved a good argument.

#9055 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Lined up 3 labor and time intensive projects for next week. Time to change up the routine, too much wasted down time. Try to check on my favorite thread but time to stop dwelling on it. Gone for awhile.

Come on! Tell us what the projects are at least!

#9056 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

On the bright side, since it seems it is mostly the old timers dying off, there should be more Social Security money left for everybody else.
But some 95 year old dude checking out is not much help; He has already bled the system dry
It needs to be the 62 to 70 years old passing on without having the time to have collected too much.
This should save Medicare gobs of money, too.
The "entitlements" problem will be diminished by magnitudes.

I am glad there is still some compassion for old timers. I put the same thing up on another thread and got 2 upvotes.

Except this time I forget to put up the sarcasm sign. My bad.

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 10.49.36 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-09 at 10.49.36 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 10.47.30 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-09 at 10.47.30 PM (resized).png

#9057 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I am glad there is still some compassion for old timers. I put the same thing up on another thread and got 2 upvotes.
Except this time I forget to put up the sarcasm sign. My bad.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You’ll always be thumbs up in my eyes Cotton.

#9058 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200409-225804~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200409-225804~2 (resized).png
#9059 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Come on, man.....give it a rest already

Oh lighten up! One joke and you’re over the edge? Thicken up that skin, it’s social media! This is the big leagues man! Also, you can hit the ignore button...

#9060 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Good luck on your projects. I hope they'll turn out successful!

#9061 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

You’ll always be thumbs up in my eyes Cotton.

Damn. And here I thought you were going to invite me up to share some of your stash

#9062 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Between you and Odin I just about split a gut I get to laughing so hard.

#9063 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Hey Cotton, I just got to thinking, did I deliver that flight 2000 to you from Lexington?

#9064 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Screenshot_20200409-233839~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200409-233839~2 (resized).png
#9065 4 years ago

It seems like this thread has really slowed down a lot. Is that a good sign that maybe things are looking better?

#9066 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It seems like this thread has really slowed down a lot. Is that a good sign that maybe things are looking better?

It's definitely slowed late at night...or maybe I stay up too late...

#9067 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200408-122253~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200408-122253~2 (resized).png
#9068 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

That’s not deep enough for the water...

The big issue is ensuring the hose is drained properly. Just one early frost or you forget and it’s shot. Total junk. You gotta dig the whole thing up!
It’s all good that YOU know what to do, but the issue is if something happens, or a family member has to do it, or someone else has to do it. People often forget that they won’t be this ever-present being that can dictate instructions!
Just be careful when you’re adding infrastructure cuz it’ll be someone else’s headache someday!

You cant put romex in conduit. 14awg thwn-2 insulated wire in that conduit, 18" deep if it is for lights only. I wouldn't do it this way since I'd rather see wire incased in conduit but you are better off running 14-2 direct burial 24" deep if you don't what to do it the correct way using conduit. There is a little more to it than that but that is a condensed basic to follow.

#9069 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nope..everyone who was on their soapbox got booted. This is still deadly and your actions are the only defense.

#9070 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I read a report that Sweden reversed its decision to not enforce more stringent social distancing. They felt - at first - that they didn’t need to worry about it for certain populations and decided that was a poor decision. If I’m misinformed please set the record straight.

Social distance is a recommendation that most people follow and therés a group that dont, theese are the ones seen in media.
There is restrictions about bar hang but eating in restaurants is allowed if distance is kept, most people avoid restaurants though.
A maximum gathering of 50 people is allowed, this was changed from 500 in the beginning, kids up to the age of 13 still goes to school, the rest has home education online.
The curve has flattened in Stockholm and healthcare has been able to handle it so far but its on the edge, better protection of the elder would have helped, its a lesson to be learned since other countries handle this better.
They talk about testing more care takers now to stop it from reaching the retierment home as they are the ones that will overwhelm the hospitals if they get infected.
A lot of us will get infected by this virus and without a vaccine we can only hope that herd immunity will happen, this may be the reason to the assumtion that its a strategy in Sweden since the entire country havent been locked down in quarantine, this is the only solution when the situation gets out of hand to help healthcare.
New Zeeland acted in time and seems to be able to isolate it but they have the benefit of living on an island without surrounding countries, we will not know the outcome of this pandemi and what has been the best approach within a near future but most will be better prepared the next time for sure.

#9071 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

You cant put romex in conduit. 14awg thwn-2 insulated wire in that conduit, 18" deep if it is for lights only. I wouldn't do it this way since I'd rather see wire incased in conduit but you are better off running 14-2 direct burial 24" deep if you don't what to do it the correct way using conduit. There is a little more to it than that but that is a condensed basic to follow.

Yes I know, I’m licensed here in NY at least so I’m familiar with the important codes. I ran direct burial in conduit just for the redundancy and put it 2 feet deep out to my detached garage I built.
Now that everyone is home and my gameroom has been converted into a study... perhaps I should slap a heater out there and turn that garage into a gameroom too!

#9072 4 years ago

riverside county, ca residents are currently required to wear masks when leaving their homes. effective friday, los angeles residents will need to wear masks when entering essential businesses. ill be doing my part to make america great again.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/california/articles/2020-04-05/california-county-orders-all-residents-to-wear-masks

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/los-angeles-mandates-face-coverings-n1178816

caristico03 (resized).jpgcaristico03 (resized).jpg
#9073 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Yes I know, I’m licensed here in NY at least so I’m familiar with the important codes. I ran direct burial in conduit just for the redundancy and put it 2 feet deep out to my detached garage I built.
Now that everyone is home and my gameroom has been converted into a study... perhaps I should slap a heater out there and turn that garage into a gameroom too!

NM (romex) is not listed for use in wet locations. That means you cannot use it in an underground conduit.

UF (direct burial rated) is listed as rated for wet locations and is suitable for direct burial. No conduit required. Minimum cover depths must still be achieved though.

When it comes to enclosing either of these wiring methods in a conduit though...….NEC 300.18 (A) Raceway Installations......comes into play.

That code section clearly states that a raceway be a complete run BEFORE installing conductors in said raceway. There is no way in hell you can pull UF or NM in a completed conduit. Typically when people do choose to do this they build the pipe around the wire and this is where you violate the code.

There is an exception that allows short sections of raceways to contain conductors prior to completing the raceway to protect them from physical damage though.

All of this information is in the National Electrical Code. And it's cool to be "familiar with the important codes" but in my eyes all the codes in the NEC are important.

Okay...…...that was my rant. I'm off to go do an outdoor installation that conforms to the NEC and hopefully do not get covid-19 cooties on me in the process.

#9074 4 years ago

A meat packing plant in Hazleton, PA has 130 cases now.
https://www.inquirer.com/business/meat-plants-pennsylvania-cargill-jbs-souderton-covid-20200409.html

Some businesses are life sustaining AND nearly impossible to social distance in. How do you stop the spread of the virus while not having major food chain disruptions?

#9075 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

https://www.inquirer.com/business/meat-plants-pennsylvania-cargill-jbs-souderton-covid-20200409.html
Some businesses are life sustaining AND nearly impossible to social distance in. How do you stop the spread of the virus while not having major food chain disruptions?

Whoa. That’s not good.

#9076 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

May I suggest something a little more danker?[quoted image]

Something to consider: https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/10/health/smoking-weed-coronavirus-wellness/index.html

#9077 4 years ago

I betcha a lot of people are taking the time to make "special" brownies now that a lot of us have more free time to bake. Heh heh. Bake.

#9078 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

Something to consider

This is some brilliant reporting..

“a joint of weed” bahaha. Did my mom write this??

A summary of why smoking weed is bad during a pandemic according to this article:

if you get a cough/ inflamed lungs, the doctors won’t be able to discern if it’s because you smoked “ a joint of weed” or if you have the corona.

Also, if you smoke to reduce anxiety and then have an emergency and end up in the ER you won’t have any idea how to handle the healthcare workers..

"They want the person who's agreeing and giving informed consent to be completely in control of their thought processes."

The takeaway- if you find yourself with a “joint of weed” you better eat it, and then avoid going to the the ER for 4-8 hours.

#9079 4 years ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

This is some brilliant reporting..
“a joint of weed” bahaha. Did my mom write this??
A summary of why smoking weed is bad during a pandemic according to this article:
if you get a cough/ inflamed lungs, the doctors won’t be able to discern if it’s because you smoked “ a joint of weed” or if you have the corona.
Also, if you smoke to reduce anxiety and then have an emergency and end up in the ER you won’t have any idea how to handle the healthcare workers..
"They want the person who's agreeing and giving informed consent to be completely in control of their thought processes."
The takeaway- if you find yourself with a “joint of weed” you better eat it, and then avoid going to the the ER for 4-8 hours.

Haha. What I laughed about the most in that article was that if you never smoked marijuana before the corona virus but started smoking to relieve the stress, don't cause doctors will think you have the virus because you WILL develop bronchitis. Lol. So I'm out of work. Have no money or barely enough to pay the bills. But I'm going to buy a bag of weed and start smoking the relieve stress? That's a huge stretch.

Btw, I've been smoking dope daily since I was 13 and still haven't developed a cough.

#9080 4 years ago

I saw what our Attorney General said regarding religious gatherings. I then looked at the Bureau of Prisons website. They claimed they have been preparing for Covid 19 since Jan. ("No one could have seen this coming") They have been in lockdown since before mid March. It seems to me that his bureau is actively working to try to avoid catastrophe, while he says it's ok to congregate outside of prison for religion.

#9081 4 years ago

Just a reminder to the burners out there. If/when you venture outside to the stores, choose a bowl and not to roll. Your fingers are constantly by your mouth when you smoke a joint. I pack my shatter pen full so my fingers aren't by my mouth after possibly touching something infected and disinfect the pen when I get home.

Stay safe

#9083 4 years ago

Too much of this doctor.

20200410_071300 (resized).jpg20200410_071300 (resized).jpgtmp-name-2-18031-1533483838-0_dblbig-4 (resized).jpgtmp-name-2-18031-1533483838-0_dblbig-4 (resized).jpg
#9084 4 years ago

If the lockdown does what it says it should with reducing spread of the virus, then one could assume that if a certain sub sect of the population ignored the lockdown they would be affected more.

Like, if only NHL hockey games were allowed to happen with fans in attendance, you should see more death among the population of hockey fans. More contact to the virus = more people infected = more loss of life. Even though I dont like hockey (even though I'm canadian) I dont want to see any of my hockey loving friends get I'll.

.......don't go to church this weekend.

#9085 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Oh lighten up! One joke and you’re over the edge? Thicken up that skin, it’s social media! This is the big leagues man! Also, you can hit the ignore button...

So its a joke to you that people are going to suffer beyond Easter? An arbitrary goal that should have never been spoken but it was meant as a day of hope.
And it's not just one joke, this a pattern with you to beat people over the head with your biased agenda.
You defeat your cause by turning people off in this manner and it's why we cannot have civil discussions in our country.

And yes, we all know that we can put you on ignore. You remind us almost daily.

#9086 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

.......don't go to church this weekend.

I really hope people heed this warning. I'm down here in the bible belt and the number of churches still planning something is staggering.

#9087 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Strictly enforce the use of PPE, strict cleaning protocols, close lunch/break rooms, take breaks either outside maintaining social distancing or in vehicles, and DO NOT offer attendance bonuses! Offer additional paid sick days to encourage employees that are not feeling well to stay home. These are just some ideas, I’m sure there are other ways as well.

#9088 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I really hope people heed this warning. I'm down here in the bible belt and the number of churches still planning something is staggering.

The Kansas governor issued an executive order to limit church gatherings this week, then the legislature overturned it. They are of opposing political parties.

#9089 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

The Kansas governor issued an executive order to limit church gatherings this week, then the legislature overturned it. They are of opposing political parties.

Just another reason to hate Kansas. . MIZ.

#9090 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

My parents are high risk so they are staying home. Their hobby farm is mostly self sufficient, so they are ok to be locked in for weeks.

My sister is a hospital worker and her husband is a firefighter. So they're both smart enough to avoid people whenever possible.

#9091 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

This from our SC Governor:

McMaster said people can still go to businesses that are open under his previous orders, including gun stores. He said he wouldn’t close gun stores because “It’s a constitutional right to have and bear arms.”

McMaster also said on Monday that he wouldn’t stop churchgoers from Easter services on Sunday, citing the First Amendment. But he encouraged church to stream services online, have church outdoors or otherwise ensure people social distance.

#9092 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

So its a joke to you that people are going to suffer beyond Easter?

No. It’s a bad joke that the obviously impossible and dangerous goal of packing churches on Easter was even mentioned just a couple weeks ago. Anybody with a brain and the weight of the federal government should’ve known that was impossible.

Again, I don’t have a biased agenda. I am saying the same things and linking articles to things that governors and local officials are saying about our response to the crisis. It’s not MY fault it’s the worst by far of any Country on planet Earth. If anyone has an agenda it’s the group that jumps down the throat of anyone they perceive as “liberal” or whatever.

Please stop trying to make this thread about personality and drama. It’s silly. That’s Facebook stuff. Don’t take it so seriously. Get outside, go for a walk or something. And yes, again, please ignore me if ONE comment yesterday about a ridiculous open the Country on Easter goal sets you off. Christ man. Chill.

#9093 4 years ago
FB_IMG_1585946588230 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1585946588230 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1586513043464 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1586513043464 (resized).jpg
#9094 4 years ago

Doc’s 4 year old got it out here:

Dr. Reginald Washington is the Chief Medical Officer at Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children. He, too, wants parents to understand children can still get sick from this virus.

“About 70% of kids that have COVID-19 have symptoms, compared to about 90-95% of adults. So kids can have the same symptoms: fever, cough, muscle aches,” he said. “And they can be infected. About 10-15% of children that get COVID are under the year of one.”

https://www.9news.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/shes-a-doctor-and-her-4-year-old-son-was-diagnosed-with-covid19/73-fe132958-d20a-465b-a685-54a13fb0e207

#9096 4 years ago

$2.2 T first round Stimulus
$2.3 T for another round stimulus
Saying there’s gonna be 4 or 5 rounds
Feels like I’m sitting in Oprah’s audience. “You get a trillion! You get a trillion! Everyone gets a trillion!” Yayyy!!!!

#9097 4 years ago

Nursing homes are getting destroyed by this:

14 residents have died in a COVID-19 outbreak at a Greeley nursing home

15 surviving residents at Centennial Healthcare Center have also tested positive for the novel coronavirus.

https://www.9news.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/greeley-nursing-home-covid-19-outbreak/73-b2552996-e283-4e80-80c5-fcbf50d3314a

Seems like some sort of task force or protocol should’ve and still should be in place for nursing homes. Those poor people are sitting ducks.

#9098 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Nursing homes are getting destroyed by this:
14 residents have died in a COVID-19 outbreak at a Greeley nursing home
15 surviving residents at Centennial Healthcare Center have also tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
https://www.9news.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/greeley-nursing-home-covid-19-outbreak/73-b2552996-e283-4e80-80c5-fcbf50d3314a
Seems like some sort of task force or protocol should’ve and still should be in place for nursing homes. Those poor people are sitting ducks.

39 deaths in one facility in Richmond:
https://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/update-absolutely-devastating-covid-death-toll-now-up-to-39-at-canterbury/article_66c56dff-ee78-5458-a5d9-99d1b857f6cb.html

#9099 4 years ago

LA with no smog

BB04A7B0-6BE2-44B4-A10D-6441BD3E5C42 (resized).jpegBB04A7B0-6BE2-44B4-A10D-6441BD3E5C42 (resized).jpeg
#9100 4 years ago

Yes....nursing homes/assisted living facilities are having a hard time. Unfortunately many people are not equipped to take their loved ones out of these places. The time to do that for many was weeks ago. It’s a tough call.

The place where my Father-in-law is at just had a resident test positive. They have been removed. And now an associate at the facility who was Asymptotic has tested positive.

This whole thing sucks. It’s really the Asymptotic people that makes this so tough....no symptoms but can carry and spread it. Sick people know they are sick.

Even with PPE and proper precautions taken you only reduce the chance of spreading or catching the virus. There is still risk and ultimately we can distance but some contact from the outside is inevitable....even if you have ALL essentials delivered there is still a risk with ANYTHING you bring into your home. I am sure most of us understand all this but there are some that don’t.

The truth is probably until this slowly spreads to everyone and only then will this begin to end. And now reports are coming out that people may get it again even if they already had it??? Hope this is not true but so much we are still learning about this virus. Too much misinformation out there.

We live in an instant gratification society. Unfortunately time is needed for a safe and effective treatment/vaccine. Hard for most to accept this.

I feel this is the first wave for us in the US....the numbers will flatten and the mistake will be made to get back to “normal” to soon and we will see this all over again. Maybe not as bad but if the virus does not die out it will continue for some time. Hope I am wrong on this.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/182 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.