272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 576.
#851 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

He’s curious why people are talking about the WHO today, but weren’t last week. Where did you first hear about the WHO’s pandemic declaration date such that it now seems like a key failure to take action, vs whatever our own state and federal leaders did or failed to do? There were a ton of threads and posts so I could have missed it, but I don’t remember seeing you or others bring this up until recently.

I’ll just give you my comments to edit before going to print. You explain it better than I can. Might be because my head has exploded several times.

#852 4 years ago

Jaybird ...mannn....we had the greatest time hangin at LAX did we not? Really lookin forward to partyin with ya again bruh.
Sell me that BSD!

#853 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I highly doubt any respected, educated man of science is likely to get awarded that medal anytime soon. Not until hannity gets one at least.

if you watch the whole video, he was awarded the MOF in 2008 by George Bush.

#854 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

if you watch the whole video, he was awarded the MOF in 2008 by George Bush.

Give him another one!

#855 4 years ago

More exiting non-political back and forth news.
As of today most of the grocery stores are now paying hazard pay to there employees.
Also many stores are now installing plexiglass dividers between the customers and cashiers. Doesn't help all the people on the floor re-stocking the selves but it's a start.

#856 4 years ago

Fauci/Cuomo 2020

#857 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

As of today most of the grocery stores are now paying hazard pay to there employees.
Also many stores are now installing plexiglass dividers between the customers and cashiers. Doesn't help all the people on the floor re-stocking the selves but it's a start.

Are you getting these benefits at your workplace?

#858 4 years ago

Fauci/Limbaugh. I'm always getting those two confused.

#859 4 years ago

Any Japanese automakers switching to ventilator production? I’d prefer one of those...

#860 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Jaybird ...mannn....we had the greatest time hangin at LAX did we not? Really lookin forward to partyin with ya again bruh.
Sell me that BSD!

Actually it’s almost done, and getting ready to sell, I’d deliver it you on the cheap

#861 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I just got a super jackpot in T Rex multi ball on JP and screamed like a school girl, oh wait, this isn’t the confessional thread.

multi ball?? are you crazy?..i heard from the guy who plows dennis nordmans driveway that this will spread this virus...only one ball games!

#862 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are you getting these benefits at your workplace?

Yes, I'm quoting from my workplace on what they are doing.
They weren't the first company to do it but once there competitor announced they had no choice.

#863 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

multi ball?? are you crazy?..i heard from the guy who plows dennis nordmans driveway that this will spread this virus...only one ball games!

That’s nuts!

#864 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

People like to make themselves feel important. One of the idiots spewing this garbage said they had friend in the DoD they got the info from. Made me laugh and cry at the same time. There’s another woman on fbook who heard a specific blood type wasn’t susceptible to the virus and she was saying how happy she was because her family was that blood type. Stupid and selfish. Sometimes I wonder how some people get through life.

This is an actual study that was done that shows POSSIBLY O blood type is LESS susceptible and A blood type is more susceptible, but it has a small sample size of 3k and needs way more studies and a much larger sample size to proof conclusive.
If you’re gonna bitch and call someone a liar, at least know the truth and science behind it.

Also from the post earlier. Coronaviruses cause 30% of Common Cold cases. Don’t be ignorant. That’s some science/denier shit. The most common cause are rhinoviruses.

#865 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Actually it’s almost done, and getting ready to sell, I’d deliver it you on the cheap

Did I tell you somebody 2 rooms down found bedbugs in their room?! The Louisville Ramada makes Motel 6 look like the Broadmoor. I never found any, but sanitized everything anyway.

#866 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Did I tell you somebody 2 rooms down found bedbugs in their room?! The Louisville Ramada makes Motel 6 look like the Broadmoor. I never found any, but sanitized everything anyway.

That loud shitty ass metal music that you listen to probably scared the bed bugs to death and made them leave your room!

#867 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Lol, I could tell by the smell, I woke up not knowing where I was, and looked over and saw a handsome man, and then throttled down on the V8, haven’t left the home since.

#868 4 years ago

(edited)

#869 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Just remember what Joe Pesci says about the drive thru.

Ughhh no shit. My wife and I ordered Pappasitos takeout and they said 15 minutes. We drove there and sat for 20. It was cold with no meat sauce on the enchiladas and it just wasn’t good. We wasted 50 bucks. I would have preferred the Frosted Flakes we bought at the store on the way. They won’t get me twice.

#870 4 years ago

Why did I just see on Fox, Watters World, that we are ready for War with Russia or China?

#871 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Why did I just see on Fox, Watters World, that we are ready for War with Russia or China?

At least you are finally watching a good news channel. Jessie Watters is a douche though.

#872 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Who exactly is Anthony Fauci?
A bit of history on the man we're all counting on.

If this guy doesn't get a Presidential Medal of Freedom (or equivalent)... WE RIOT!

3:45 into the video, G.W.Bush gives him the Presidential Medal of Freedom. It would be fine if he got another one!

#873 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

The Chinese people are victims of a rogue, bad government.
Their current president, Xi, has made himself dictator for life and has cracked down on what limited freedoms the people enjoyed previously. They say he is cut out of the Chairman Mao, strongman mold. His now not so subtle goal, well known within China, is to displace the US as the world's superpower and democracy with authoritarianism.

I agree the Chinese can't be believed to give accurate stats but all indications that the draconian measures taken by Xi did have the desired results to hammer down the outbreak there. This is something our leaders had no vision or intestinal fortitude to make happen here in North America. The bubble headed blonde in the US was more worried about optics and the billions all his cronies would lose in the stock market than the people. Our pretty boy Trudeau is more focused on looking good in front of the cameras and wasted weeks that could have mitigated the damage with shutting things down when its proven they ALL knew how bad it was going to get weeks ago. We now all live with the results of poor leadership. All of us need to thank our healthcare professionals for the dedication and sacrifice they are making on the front lines as they are the real heroes not the dip shit politicians.

#874 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Nice post!
This man has such a great presence, and instills a genuine sense of calm, while giving detailed and explicit info on viral killers. Pretty amazing life....and he's 79!?!?! Wow!
His accent is fantastic too!

Fauci reminds me of George Burns: everyone loves him. He’s going to be around for another 20-30 years, I hope.

#875 4 years ago

The KC metro is now under a stay at home order for 30 days starting Tuesday. It may be extended after 30 days. Technically it's for residents of 4 counties. I don't live in those counties, but I do work there.

#876 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I saw that Loblaws is giving employees a 15% pay hike

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

NYC and Northern NJ is the highest density of population in country.
Glad they went to full lockdown in those states.

I don't know. I'm in Bergen Co right now & people were out in full force shopping like fools. Start taking this seriously & don't go out unless necessary.

#878 4 years ago

Grizz out here with full sentences and shit!

#879 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

He's also an avid runner/jogger.[quoted image]

I saw that in the article. Does that in his 9 hours of not being at work...!

Humbling, to say the least, to watch even a brief highlight reel of that man's life. Makes me want to be silent, rather than speak innanely, and work harder, at something...anything.

#880 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

One store is giving back hazard pay from last week. Not mine though.
On another note my store is paying until May 2nd. Not sure if they know more then me but sounds like we can expect to be on lockdown a whole month.

#881 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

"Why should you go to jail for a crime somebody else noticed?" B.Loblaw

Bob Loblaw (resized).pngBob Loblaw (resized).png
#882 4 years ago

They are just people man, people like anyone else. You can disagree with how China runs things but to make such a broad statement is a pretty sh!tty thing to say. Hell I don't agree with how Chin handles some things and I absolutely HATE that everything in our stores is made in China, but have some respect for another human being.

#883 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

He’s curious why people are talking about the WHO today, but weren’t last week. Where did you first hear about the WHO’s pandemic declaration date such that it now seems like a key failure to take action, vs whatever our own state and federal leaders did or failed to do? There were a ton of threads and posts so I could have missed it, but I don’t remember seeing you or others bring this up until recently.
Facts are facts, and if the WHO fucked up then they should be called to account. But it doesn’t excuse the severe ball dropping in the USA, and if it’s being spun that way to protect or excuse our leaders that’s some weak shit, and I’d hope most Americans are smart enough not to be fooled.

I can say that they were. Maybe not everyone here has been tracking every post, but we WERE talking about the WHO, and there were a few people dismissing their news as biased.

#884 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

They are just people man, people like anyone else. You can disagree with how China runs things but to make such a broad statement is a pretty sh!tty thing to say. Hell I don't agree with how Chin handles some things and I absolutely HATE that everything in our stores is made in China, but have some respect for another human being.

Seems like frustration and venting. People get upset. No human is entirely a saint or sinner, Chinese, Guys named Matt from Detroit or otherwise.

It would be interesting, if manufacturing shifted back this way some, due to pharmaceuticals being short in supply, among other things, as well as a possible phobia to rely so heavily on one outside nation for production.

#885 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

#886 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

That guy looks to be in a PAPR suit so he gets sprayed down between patients with disinfectant. Other sites may use disposable gowns, masks and gloves which are changed between patients.

Thanks for info.

I noticed a lot of video coming out of China and Italy with healthcare workers in full suits. At what point do you guys switch from a mask and goggles to a full protective suit? Are there different levels of suits? The look expensive, so I would imagine there aren't a ton of them just lying around. Are they single use or can you sanitize and re-use them?

#887 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Grizz out here with full sentences and shit!

Liquor stores closed man. Bad for me, good for my grammar.

#889 4 years ago

Here's another example of someone re-purposing air-conditioner filters into face masks. It comes with a warning that it's not lab-tested, but he also says that regular paper products have at least some ability to stop particles. It's got to be at least as good as a scarf or a bandanna?!

#890 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Here's another example of someone re-purposing air-conditioner filters into face masks. It comes with a warning that it's not lab-tested, but he also says that regular paper products have at least some ability to stop particles.
It's got to be at least as good as a scarf or a bandanna?!

Maybe this guy was ahead of the curve!

tapeface (resized).PNGtapeface (resized).PNG
#891 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Jaybird ...mannn....we had the greatest time hangin at LAX did we not?

You flew into LAX and didn't even bother to look me up? Let's just say I'm... slightly disappointed.

#893 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Thanks for info.
I noticed a lot of video coming out of China and Italy with healthcare workers in full suits. At what point do you guys switch from a mask and goggles to a full protective suit? Are there different levels of suits? The look expensive, so I would imagine there aren't a ton of them just lying around. Are they single use or can you sanitize and re-use them?

Full suits are expensive and hard to come by. I'm actually a little surprised they were using them in that video. They may have better PPE supplies in that state vs Texas, not sure. Here in Texas we are using a disposable paper gown, gloves, facemask with a shield or eye goggles for swabbing coronavirus patients.

Looking at the video again, I don't see the little respirator motor on a belt with him so maybe he's just in a full suit with no respirator.

Usually PAPR suits are only used for highly contagious things like Ebola. I have heard of docs in Europe using them for intubations of COVID-19 patients due to the high amounts of virus that are aerosolized during the procedure and it puts the doc doing the procedure at risk. Several ICU docs in Europe and Asia have died of COVID-19 after intubating and caring for patients in the ICU. Not many of those suits to go around though.

#894 4 years ago

It looks like the NY governor is planning to set up temporary hospital sites in the NYC area. One of the identified sites is the Javits center, known for hosting the NYC comic con. Also, two SUNY colleges, and another convention center.

https://auburnpub.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/ny-coronavirus-cases-top-k-cuomo-ids-temporary-hospital-sites/article_25b836f2-6a71-5ffe-a84f-1ab268642f64.html

#896 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

American corporations are stepping up. Example: Hanes is going to start producing surgical masks, and car companies like Tesla are switching over to start producing ventilators.

No, he did not call the virus a "hoax", he was referring to Democratic rhetoric on trying to nail him on events, here is exactly what he said in context:
“Now, the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus," and, "One of my people came up to me and said, 'Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.' That didn't work out too well. They couldn't do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. And this is their new hoax.”

Jesus, you can't even quote him correctly, get moderated, and I cannot respond for reasons I would rather not mention.

#897 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

we are using a disposable paper gown, gloves, facemask with a shield or eye goggles for swabbing coronavirus patients.

What say you to this expert analysis?

“Why aren’t we sanitizing masks?” . “You look at the masks, I’ve looked at all the different masks. Some don’t lend themselves to doing that but many do. ... We have very good liquids for doing this, sanitizing the masks, and that’s something they’re starting to do more and more of.”

#898 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It looks like the NY governor is planning to set up temporary hospital sites in the NYC area. One of the identified sites is the Javits center, known for hosting the NYC comic con. Also, two SUNY colleges, and another convention center.
https://auburnpub.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/ny-coronavirus-cases-top-k-cuomo-ids-temporary-hospital-sites/article_25b836f2-6a71-5ffe-a84f-1ab268642f64.html

Yay, javits! 10 blocks from home.

I’ll drop by and take some pics.

#899 4 years ago

For anyone interested, NY governor's presentation and Q&A from earlier today:

#900 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Stop spreading lies. That is 100% false!

That's fine line, Who-Dey. I do not recall anyone calling it a hoax, save one who made the reference in a rally speech. I wish I could play the movie.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.