272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 576.
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Shit Biden can’t remember what state he is in or what year it is half the time...I sure as hell don’t trust that guy with my life.

Is memory loss a symptom of the Coronavirus?

Because I might have it then...

#802 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Yup. They’re called scientists. They use this thing called the scientific method to conduct experiments, eliminate certain possibilities while elevating the likelihood of others.

Thanks. I'm glad you explained that to me.

It's not like I'm a Metallurgy Chemist or anything.....Oh, wait, I am.

#803 4 years ago

(edited)

#804 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

It can be argued that women and African Americans held the US manufacturing base together while the “greatest generation”

You miss understood when I said "greatest generation" it included all Americans not just the soldiers fighting the war.

#805 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lol like I give a shit about the mayor. I don’t.
Was nice of him not to not go on TV and lie to us every day for weeks, though, and tell us all it was no big deal, and was all a media plot to hurt him.
Pretty low baseline I know but even that seems to higher than many have.

Once again, you dodge my question and change the topic.

I'll make it easier for you: Who in NYC makes the decision on closing schools, restaurants, and public places and when?

Here in Utah, our governor closed restaurants (except for take out), schools, and businesses early this week despite a relatively low number of at least diagnosed cases. Waiting for the feds to give that order would be incompetence at its worst.

These decisions should be made at the local level first. They are the ones that have the pulse of their cities and state.

Deflect and spin any way you want but your mayor and governor missed the window to try to blunt the spread in NYC. Ultimately, that failing falls on them first and foremost.

#806 4 years ago

It’s a fine line to walk for sure and I agree with you.

#807 4 years ago

Good thing the corona threads were consolidated to keep the politics talk in check.

#808 4 years ago
Quoted from Rabbit:

My hot water heater blew today. As I walked into Home Depot I was amazed at all the middle aged people jammed into the paint area waiting to select their colors. None of them were allowing any personal space between them. How is this any better than the kids at the beach? People need to set their priorities a little better.

My dishwasher and dryer broke this week and they aren’t old and weren’t cheap either. At least I’ll have something to do to keep myself busy when the parts get here. I’m just waiting for something else to happen

#809 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Good thing the corona threads were consolidated to keep the politics talk in check.

Pretty sure this thread is a free for all, just like the virus. If it stays in here and doesn’t spill over to other threads, I could care less. We can’t meet up any more to vent, and I think the mods gave us this. In the end, we are all pinball people. I’d still buy any one in here a beer. As long as your 21 that is. LOL

#810 4 years ago

The answer to "what would you say to scared Americans" was...interesting.

Some people have empathy and other human qualities, some people don't.

#811 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Does he change his gloves between patients?
They look taped on? He must disinfect them or have another pair on over the taped gloves?
Seems like a way to pick up the virus if you don't already have it?

Based on other comments, it looked like he disinfected the gloves.

#812 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

My dishwasher and dryer broke this week and they aren’t old and weren’t cheap either. At least I’ll have something to do to keep myself busy when the parts get here. I’m just waiting for something else to happen

If they are LG, PM me. Been there, done that.

#813 4 years ago

Who exactly is Anthony Fauci?

A bit of history on the man we're all counting on.

If this guy doesn't get a Presidential Medal of Freedom (or equivalent)... WE RIOT!

#814 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The answer to "what would you say to scared Americans" was...interesting.
Some people have empathy and other human qualities, some people don't.

It was clear he thought the question was loaded. Honestly? I don't know...but I know how he handled it was not how a professional or person in power should have handled it.

#815 4 years ago

In germany we now have 21000 cases of corona and 70 deaths so far, so way less deaths than in Italy that gives me hope, but the cases are spread out over the whole country. And so almost the whole country is in a soft lockdown mode, tomorrow it can be that we will have a real lockdown. In italy they have 53600 cases and more than 4800 deaths. I just don't understand this difference. I don't believe that we acted faster here in germany. For now I don't believe that we will have in germany as many deaths like they have in Italy. I think we tested way more than in italy. So the actual number of cases in italy could be way higher than in germany. But how could it spread in italy so extreme fast? Are we for now just lucky? Will we see the same numbers when our health system will go down like in Italy. What will happen in other countrys like the USA?
I am still afraid of what will come, and I still think it's the right way to take this extreme seriously. But I am starting to understand that even the experts still just have not enough informations about this virus. I think the most important thing now is to get them time to collect data they can analyze. I think everyone should try to help that they will get this time!

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/a-fiasco-in-the-making-as-the-coronavirus-pandemic-takes-hold-we-are-making-decisions-without-reliable-data/

And just one thing that is on my mind and I hope you don't think wrong about me when I say this here. I have contact with many people from china in my small village and I like them, they have great food, are polite and are the best neighbours you can wish for. But no matter how much I like them, I don't trust the chinese government. So I hope that our scientists will get soon enough own data to get a better understanding what's going on.

#816 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It was clear he thought the question was loaded. Honestly? I don't know...but I know how he handled it was not how a professional or person in power should have handled it.

It was a soft toss that anyone should have been able to knock out of the park. Just restate your plan and your faith in the team and the American people.

#817 4 years ago

Just going to post positive posts, because people are looking for good news when there is too much bad news.

Here is one for faster results kits approved by the FDA -

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/fda-authorizes-first-rapid-point-of-care-coronavirus-test/ar-BB11vTxm?li=BBnb7Kz

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

And just one thing that is on my mind and I hope you don't think wrong about me when I say this here. I have contact with many people from china in my small village and I like them, they have great food, are polite and are the best neighbours you can wish for. But no matter how much I like them, I don't trust the chinese government. China will always act in the best interests for their people and the rest of the world is only secondary. So I hope that our scientists will get soon enough own data to get a better understanding what's going on.

Nothing wrong with you being friends with Chinese people. While I don't agree with their government ideology I have no ill will towards their people.

#819 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

If this guy doesn't get a Presidential Medal of Freedom (or equivalent)... WE RIOT!

I highly doubt any respected, educated man of science is likely to get awarded that medal anytime soon. Not until hannity gets one at least.

#820 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I just don't understand this difference.

I saw a comment somewhere else mentioning that one difference could be a cultural difference in physical contact.

#821 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

It was a soft toss that anyone should have been able to knock out of the park

Wrong! Clearly a partisan hit job by the illuminati!

Empathy!? Who needs it?

#822 4 years ago

Hey Guys in Texas! Is this Story, True? 3 Days ago?

No Statewide gathering limits, No plans to help with Healthcare, and only declared a disaster yesterday?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/19/texas-coronavirus-response-136061

#823 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

In germany we now have 21000 cases of corona and 70 deaths so far, so way less deaths than in Italy that gives me hope, but the cases are spread out over the whole country. And so almost the whole country is in a soft lockdown mode, tomorrow it can be that we will have a real lockdown. In italy they have 53600 cases and more than 4800 deaths. I just don't understand this difference. I don't believe that we acted faster here in germany. For now I don't believe that we will have in germany as many deaths like they have in Italy. I think we tested way more than in italy. So the actual number of cases in italy could be way higher than in germany. But how could it spread in italy so extreme fast? Are we for now just lucky? Will we see the same numbers when our health system will go down like in Italy. What will happen in other countrys like the USA?
I am still afraid of what will come, and I still think it's the right way to take this extreme seriously. But I am starting to understand that even the experts still just have not enough informations about this virus. I think the most important thing now is to get them time to collect data they can analyze. I think everyone should try to help that they will get this time!
https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/a-fiasco-in-the-making-as-the-coronavirus-pandemic-takes-hold-we-are-making-decisions-without-reliable-data/
And just one thing that is on my mind and I hope you don't think wrong about me when I say this here. I have contact with many people from china in my small village and I like them, they have great food, are polite and are the best neighbours you can wish for. But no matter how much I like them, I don't trust the chinese government. China will always act in the best interests for their people and the rest of the world is only secondary. So I hope that our scientists will get soon enough own data to get a better understanding what's going on.

It is interesting that in countries like So. Korea and Germany, the death rate so far is so vastly lower than Italy. My heart aches for Italy everday I see the reports and hope and pray we don't repeat that in areas here in the US.

You are dead on on the Chinese government. I don't trust any of their data and given their recent propaganda attempts to blame Covid19 on the US military, I'm really beginning to wonder what they are trying to hide.

#824 4 years ago

“Who” sent out the talking point to blame the WHO for not calling it a pandemic quick enough? That’s one of the more illogical arguments I’ve heard and it just “spontaneously” seemed to pop up today. Lol

#825 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Nothing wrong with you being friends with Chinese people. While I don't agree with their government ideology I have no ill will towards their people.

The Chinese people are victims of a rogue, bad government.

Their current president, Xi, has made himself dictator for life and has cracked down on what limited freedoms the people enjoyed previously. They say he is cut out of the Chairman Mao, strongman mold. His now not so subtle goal, well known within China, is to displace the US as the world's superpower and democracy with authoritarianism.

#826 4 years ago

Any one here personally know anyone sick, or are sick themselves?

My biggest problem with this whole thing is the lack of hope from the media.

Let people know how to treat themselves if you contract this thing, know what to expect.

Stop feeding the fear for God sake!

#827 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

“Who” sent out the talking point to blame the WHO for not calling it a pandemic quick enough? That’s one of the more illogical arguments I’ve heard and it just “spontaneously” seemed to pop up today. Lol

Your kidding me right?

The CDC repeatedly like a month ago said that it technically was a pandemic yet the WHO didn’t declare it until much later.

Are you saying this didn’t happen?

#828 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I’m not even a sure what you are trying to say. Whatever you are trying to say, perhaps you should use proper grammar before attempting to insult people?

He’s talking “maker” states vs. “taker” states in terms of $$$ paid in federal taxes vs $$$ received in federal grants and spending. But he still doesn’t have their/there/they’re worked out.

#829 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Your kidding me right?
The CDC repeatedly like a month ago said that it technically was a pandemic yet the WHO didn’t declare it until much later.

Ha. No. Saying that it is suddenly being used to excuse the USA being uniquely horrible at dealing with it.

The WHO gave the test that was quickly and easily made to the world in January. I think they treated it seriously. It’s the height of gaslighting to suggest they didn’t when it’s obvious our Country’s leadership dropped the ball.

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Your kidding me right?

Please read this...You are arguing Semantics, to follow the rhetoric of deflecting blame?

Read to the End, it is an Absurd argument of blame.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2020/3/9/21163412/who-coronavirus-covid19-pandemic-world-health-organization

#832 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Nice post!

This man has such a great presence, and instills a genuine sense of calm, while giving detailed and explicit info on viral killers. Pretty amazing life....and he's 79!?!?! Wow!

His accent is fantastic too!

#833 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Hey Guys in Texas! Is this Story, True? 3 Days ago?
No Statewide gathering limits, No plans to help with Healthcare, and only declared a disaster yesterday?
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/19/texas-coronavirus-response-136061

Why wouldn't it be true? I don't know of any statewide restrictions other than Abbott shut down restaurants. Texas government helping with healthcare?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What planet do you live on? Even if they implement anything along those lines, I promise you it will be the ABSOLUTE BARE MINIMUM. These a-holes have tried to shut down Planned Parenthood how many times now? Demanding that abortion providers have admittance rights to a hospital, even though there's no actual clinical reason why that should be the case? The same guys that decided to not take government money so they would have an excuse not to expand Medicaid in the state? They don't know the first thing about healthcare, nor do they care to. The only time they ever stick a toe in those waters is when the federal government demands it (and sometimes even not then), and when they think they can use it to their political advantage to get rid of abortion.

I don't think there's TECHNICALLY any limits even in Dallas, but the fact is that the closing of bars, eateries, etc along with preventitive steps that any sane business is taking is making it a de facto limit. It's possible I've missed some local news somewhere that runs contrary to all this, as I've been trying to not saturate my entire day, every day, with all this stuff....but usually my wife gets me up to speed on anything really important as far as that goes.

*edit* You can't even GET tested unless you're a first responder or healthcare worker in Dallas. Someone my wife and I know through a cell phone game we used to play has all the symptoms of it...can't get tested. We haven't had any physical presence around said person in a very long time, thankfully, but just goes to show there's way more cases than are being actually REPORTED.

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Ha. No. Saying that it is suddenly being used to excuse the USA being uniquely horrible at dealing with it.
The WHO gave the test that was quickly and easily made to the world in January. I think they treated it seriously. It’s the height of gaslighting to suggest they didn’t when it’s obvious our Country’s leadership dropped the ball.

There are about 100 articles on this topic and they are taking some heat for waiting. When there is a pandemic declared there are many more actions and resources available to the gov’ts. They held off because of what happened in 2009 when they declared the Swine flu a pandemic too quick. At least that seems to be the consensus.
It’s not the WHO’s fault but it did indeed affect the preparedness of many nations around the world.

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Please read this...You are arguing Semantics, to follow the rhetoric of deflecting blame?
Read to the End, it is an Absurd argument of blame.
https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2020/3/9/21163412/who-coronavirus-covid19-pandemic-world-health-organization

It isn’t blaming the WHO but it has been widely acknowledged by many sources that it’s a contributing factor in the response or many nations.

#836 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

And just one thing that is on my mind and I hope you don't think wrong about me when I say this here. I have contact with many people from china in my small village and I like them, they have great food, are polite and are the best neighbours you can wish for. But no matter how much I like them, I don't trust the chinese government. So I hope that our scientists will get soon enough own data to get a better understanding what's going on.

Really digging the posts from outside the US. Gives a nice sensibility and perspective outside our own within different states.

I'd love to hear the pronunciation of your hometown..!!

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Your kidding me right?

He’s curious why people are talking about the WHO today, but weren’t last week. Where did you first hear about the WHO’s pandemic declaration date such that it now seems like a key failure to take action, vs whatever our own state and federal leaders did or failed to do? There were a ton of threads and posts so I could have missed it, but I don’t remember seeing you or others bring this up until recently.

Facts are facts, and if the WHO fucked up then they should be called to account. But it doesn’t excuse the severe ball dropping in the USA, and if it’s being spun that way to protect or excuse our leaders that’s some weak shit, and I’d hope most Americans are smart enough not to be fooled.

#838 4 years ago

Michael Savage podcast is very interesting.

https://michaelsavage.com/podcast/

A-lot of truth about our freedoms being taken away indirectly from COVID-19.

#839 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

He’s curious why people are talking about the WHO today, but weren’t last week. Where did you first hear about the WHO’s pandemic declaration date such that it now seems like a key failure to take action, vs whatever our own state and federal leaders did or failed to do? There were a ton of threads and posts so I could have missed it, but I don’t remember seeing you or others bring this up until recently.
Facts are facts, and if the WHO fucked up then they should be called to account. But it doesn’t excuse the severe ball dropping in the USA, and if it’s being spun that way to protect or excuse our leaders that’s some weak shit, and I’d hope most Americans are smart enough not to be fooled.

They declared it a global emergency way back on 1/30 and knew about the situation in a China much earlier than that even. The measures we have now should have been in place by early feb. Don’t think it became a pandemic until some time in March. Not sure on that date.

The point I was trying to get at is it looks bad when you have the WHO reluctant to call it such and then in the same briefing have the CDC calling it a pandemic by definition. I’m mean seriously, talk about bad optics.

Once a pandemic is declared its game on and nations have a lot more leeway on how to deal with things of this nature, that’s a fact and what many of the articles argue.

#840 4 years ago

Just watched American Factory on net flix because I am at home self quarantining. Watch it.

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It isn’t blaming the WHO but it has been widely acknowledged by many sources that it’s a contributing factor in the response or many nations.

"
When there’s a global pandemic, there largely are no sidelines. It no longer makes sense for countries to shut their borders against the affected countries, as the disease is present everywhere."

So we are still on lockdown, and by definition, not a Global Pandemic.

And, it doesnt matter when it was announced, does it?

But blaming others, IS the methodology of consistent rhetoric from many sources.

#842 4 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Just watched American Factory on net flix because I am at home self quarantining. Watch it.

That plant is close to where I work at and I have had friends that work there. It pissed me off and let's just say it made me feel much different about the Chinese. You can decide for yourself if that's good or bad.

#843 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

"
When there’s a global pandemic, there largely are no sidelines. It no longer makes sense for countries to shut their borders against the affected countries, as the disease is present everywhere."
So we are still on lockdown, and by definition, not a Global Pandemic.
And, it doesnt matter when it was announced, does it?
But blaming others, IS the methodology of consistent rhetoric from many sources.

I think your over simplifying something that is extremely complex.

But your right, it’s too late at this point so why even talk about it.

#845 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

There is a controlled News Source, that sometimes starts with Newscorp,/Murdoch, and Mercer funding and on....that has an army of social media posters....Facebook, 4Chan, Reddit, news sites that allow public commentary. It is all Uniform and controlled.

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They declared it a global emergency way back on 1/30. Don’t think it became a pandemic until some time in March. Not sure on that date.
The point I was trying to get at is it looks bad when you have the WHO reluctant to call it such and then in the same briefing have the CDC calling it a pandemic by definition. I’m mean seriously, talk about bad optics.
Once a pandemic is declared its game on and nations have a lot more leeway on how to deal with things of this nature, that’s a fact and what many of the articles argue.

So the WHO declaring a pandemic vs a global emergency would somehow have affected what we were doing in the US to prepare? I haven’t seen these articles (too much reading on the topic gets depressing), but I’d think this administration wouldn’t let a globalist entity like the WHO impact its policies in the slightest.

#847 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They declared it a global emergency way back on 1/30 and knew about the situation in a China much earlier than that even. The measures we have now should have been in place by early feb. Don’t think it became a pandemic until some time in March. Not sure on that date.

The WHO definition of pandemic has zilch to do with our country/CDC's approach. No one in the Trump administration sets their watch by WHO's proclamations or lack thereof.

#848 4 years ago

I just got a super jackpot in T Rex multi ball on JP and screamed like a school girl, oh wait, this isn’t the confessional thread.

#849 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Nice post!
This man has such a great presence, and instills a genuine sense of calm, while giving detailed and explicit info on viral killers. Pretty amazing life....and he's 79!?!?! Wow!
His accent is fantastic too!

He's also an avid runner/jogger.

RrDAtYcl_400x400 (resized).jpgRrDAtYcl_400x400 (resized).jpg
#850 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Does he change his gloves between patients?
They look taped on? He must disinfect them or have another pair on over the taped gloves?
Seems like a way to pick up the virus if you don't already have it?

That guy looks to be in a PAPR suit so he gets sprayed down between patients with disinfectant. Other sites may use disposable gowns, masks and gloves which are changed between patients.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/17?hl=flippinjimmy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.