272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 576.
#8901 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Yup. After doing some research...IE Google.. I keep 4oz in the morning discard the rest and then feed it twice that day. It is bubbling but will not float yet. I am guessing a couple more days.

Speaking of flour, isn't it isopropyl I mix that with to clean the mylar residue off of a playfield? I have to tackle my Lizard in the next day or two, and thought I would bring this thread full circle to our hobby.

BE0F07A4-0942-46CE-9681-2204F01C837A (resized).jpegBE0F07A4-0942-46CE-9681-2204F01C837A (resized).jpeg
#8902 3 years ago

@pinball_gizzard

Doc-

As a medical professional, what do you think of the smear campaign to discredit Dr. Fauci?

Is the criticism you’ve seen gaining steam on some media outlets and filtering its way down here justified? Do you think Fauci should be replaced?

#8903 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Speaking of flour, isn't it isopropyl I mix that with to clean the mylar residue off of a playfield? I have to tackle my Lizard in the next day or two, and thought I would bring this thread full circle to our hobby.[quoted image]

You saved some good projects for all this time we have to kill!

#8904 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Anyone whose skin is THAT thin doesn't deserve to be here anyway. Good riddance. Social media is scary for some people.
/eyeroll

I totally agree, but I did put about 10 people on ignore when things were getting really testy. I rarely ignore anyone and never make it permanent. As of this week I once again have no one on ignore and can see all my faves again. The two dudes I might have kept on got ejected anyway.

I’m sure a lot are ignoring me, because my downvotes are much lower than usual in this thread.

#8905 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

there are also studies suggesting overcounts of deaths.

Over counts? Where?

#8906 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:all models and projections of this thing where all OFF by miles and fauci (the so called expert) has been wrong almost every step of the way. January - Americans have nothing to worry about. March - shut eveything down. April - Ok we can now start relaxing the infected quarantine rules from 14 tyo 7 days.
We probably should have followed Sweden's model and keep the elderly and un-healthy at home quarantined and the rest of the population keep moving. All the projections are off by 80%.

Sweden has reversed that and admitted it was a mistake. And you’re just wrong about every thing else.

#8907 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Speaking of flour, isn't it isopropyl I mix that with to clean the mylar residue off of a playfield?

yessir

i like to leave it soak a bit under wax paper so all the alcohol doesn't evaporate so fast

#8908 3 years ago

The hospital my GF worked at closed up shop 4 weeks ago. It is a longer story but one part of the closing was related to Kansas not signing up for the Medicaid expansion. The company that bought the hospital 2 years ago also owns 2 other hospitals. I told GF that the owners saw this shit coming and said noway nohow. The little town is is terrified and has been on lockdown for 2 weeks now. No one knows when the shutdown will be lifted.

GF's son is a licensed massage therapist who has been working 10 years and built a nice business. And now he is shut down.

#8909 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do you think Fauci should be replaced?

And if so, should it be Dr Oz, Dr Drew, or Dr Phil?

#8910 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Dr Dre!

#8911 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

You know I’ve always felt Meat Loaf is most qualified.

#8912 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

not signing up for the Medicaid expansion. The company that bought the hospital 2 years ago also owns 2 other hospitals. I told GF that the owners saw this shit coming and said noway nohow.

Read estimates of around $40,000 to treat severe Covid patient. This jives:

“ less severe hospitalizations for respiratory infections and inflammations cost $13,297 in 2017. For a more severe hospitalization, the cost was about $40,000”

https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/hospitals-health-systems/kff-treating-uninsured-covid-19-patients-could-cost-between-nearly-14b-to

#8913 3 years ago
#8914 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The hospital my GF worked at closed up shop 4 weeks ago. It is a longer story but one part of the closing was related to Kansas not signing up for the Medicaid expansion. The company that bought the hospital 2 years ago also owns 2 other hospitals. I told GF that the owners saw this shit coming and said noway nohow. The little town is is terrified and has been on lockdown for 2 weeks now. No one knows when the shutdown will be lifted.
GF's son is a licensed massage therapist who has been working 10 years and built a nice business. And now he is shut down.

Some of these places are attempting to just cut and run, at the worst possible time.

https://www.wdtv.com/content/news/Governor-calls-for-investigation-into-Fairmont-Regional-Medical-Center-parent-company-569178021.html

#8915 3 years ago

When the govt. was laying out what were the essential services that needed govt. help, they forget the most mundane of things.

Now that you are home all of the effing time and loading up on all kinds of Amazon stuff, How is your trash service?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/09/economy/trash-collection-coronavirus/?hpt=ob_blogfooterold

I don't know if you can trust the fake news website to get this right, but cross your fingers anyway.

#8916 3 years ago

May I make the humble suggestion of checking out what other top health professionals are saying in countries OTHER than USA? That it's an election year down there is causing lots of unsavory players to chime in where they're not needed, muddying waters that really don't need to be muddied right now.
There will certainly be disagreements and different takes amongst them, but it will help avoid the election year spins.

#8917 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Now that you are home all of the effing time and loading up on all kinds of Amazon stuff, How is your trash service?

We've always had garbage/recycle workers that I would describe as "heroic" under normal circumstances, but seeing them out there this morning just reinforced one of the greatest tweets ever:
"Trash Men and Pickup Artists should swap names"

#8918 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

OTHER than USA?

We’re number 1. Why should we check what anyone else is doing?

#8919 3 years ago

From WaPo today:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/04/09/lesson-revised-death-toll-estimates-shouldnt-be-that-distancing-was-an-overreaction/

“As The Post reported Wednesday, there are existing questions about the accuracy of the IHME model, including places in which its estimates vary from what experts are seeing on the ground. It is an estimate with a wide range of possibilities. Even after its most recent revision, the range of possible death tolls by August spans nearly 100,000 deaths — maybe as low as 30,000 and maybe as high as 130,000. That’s a broad range that could still shift depending on how Americans continue to respond to the virus.”

That last sentence is the killer. The article also references sensationalist news sources that continue to sell the notion that more people will die in a bad economy than from corona virus.

#8920 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Dr DUDE!

D4248784-E7DE-46F4-B262-B9B4E6AB5DD2 (resized).jpegD4248784-E7DE-46F4-B262-B9B4E6AB5DD2 (resized).jpeg
#8921 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

yessir
i like to leave it soak a bit under wax paper so all the alcohol doesn't evaporate so fast

Thanks sir. Not sure I have wax paper...

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You saved some good projects for all this time we have to kill!

Yeah man! Now she’s up and running too. Interesting game. You know you’re bored when you start hand polishing coin doors.

Luckily we all have this hobby, and some games to consume some time. Playing or fixing.

22AB56D1-536E-42F4-8D48-CFAC3616BD1A (resized).jpeg22AB56D1-536E-42F4-8D48-CFAC3616BD1A (resized).jpeg5162ACF1-FAE6-44BA-98C0-ECC28517636F (resized).jpeg5162ACF1-FAE6-44BA-98C0-ECC28517636F (resized).jpeg
#8922 3 years ago

MEETINGS ON ZOOM, the increasingly popular video conferencing service, are encrypted using an algorithm with serious, well-known weaknesses, and sometimes using keys issued by servers in China, even when meeting participants are all in North America, according to researchers at the University of Toronto.

Related
Zoom Meetings Aren’t End-to-End Encrypted, Despite Misleading Marketing
The researchers also found that Zoom protects video and audio content using a home-grown encryption scheme, that there is a vulnerability in Zoom’s “waiting room” feature, and that Zoom appears to have at least 700 employees in China spread across three subsidiaries. They conclude, in a report for the university’s Citizen Lab — widely followed in information security circles — that Zoom’s service is “not suited for secrets” and that it may be legally obligated to disclose encryption keys to Chinese authorities and “responsive to pressure” from them. Excerpt from an Article The Intercept

This information, as well as lawsuits for sharing personal information with Facebook seems to negate Zoom as a private alternative to Net Conferences.

#8923 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Dr. Nick

index.jpgindex.jpg
#8925 3 years ago

Most objections to Huwai supplying our 5G components hinged on possible security breaches built in that could relay sensitive data to China. Until these concerns are confirmed/ proven wrong this should be delayed or an alternative Supplier identified.
Much like the American Embassy bulldozed due to bugs hidden in the infrastructure.
Revelations about Zoom are no less disconcerting.

#8926 3 years ago

Hi everybody

#8927 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Sorry, can't remember the source for this, probably a conspiracy- oriented rag unworthy of quoting.

Here a financial times article on it...
https://www.ft.com/content/2fc518e0-26cd-4d5f-8419-fe71f5c55c98

Looks like some tech news sites have been running with it around privacy and security concerns.

#8928 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

There have been two people here that announced the deletion of their entire Pinside account because of this thread and then followed through. Misguided and overly dramatic IMO.

You can delete your entire Pinside Account? Posts and all? Or did they just deactivate?

#8929 3 years ago

I'll preface by saying this is NSFW and can be perceived as racist so before you go clicking on this link please know I didnt create it.

I did however find it hilarious and very well put together.

Ladies and gentleman I present: Sars Wars:

#8930 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

You can delete your entire Pinside Account? Posts and all? Or did they just deactivate?

I'm pretty sure deactivation is the only option. Sorry. Although I heard a rumor that Pinball Molly had everything deleted many years ago. Just a rumor though.

#8931 3 years ago

Boris out of ICU! Hopefully a good sign.

#8932 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Boris out of ICU! Hopefully a good sign.

That’s great news, go Boris!

#8933 3 years ago

Not sure if Fauci involved, but this anti-covid video covers it all:

#8934 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Dr Teeth

C058FDAC-C2A0-4228-B99F-337702BBCE07 (resized).jpegC058FDAC-C2A0-4228-B99F-337702BBCE07 (resized).jpeg
#8935 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

McStuffins.
Dr. McStuffins is the only one qualified enough to lead through these troubled times.

#8936 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Doc Ock! He's really adept at working from more than 6 feet away.

docock (resized).jpgdocock (resized).jpg

#8937 3 years ago

One way to be part of the .6% of the US that’s been tested:

The White House Medical Unit is going to conduct a COVID-19 test on all members of the press who plan to participate in today’s task force briefing, including all correspondents and photographers

#8938 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Definitely not Dr. WHO

#8939 3 years ago

More than a decade ago in 2009, I made a post on Rec Games Pinball, the precursor to Pinside. "Would you be offended if I didn’t shake your hand at Expo?"

A cast of characters responded to me including, Cliffy, Lloyd, MNpinball, Metallik, Butterflygirl and others that transitioned to Pinside. First to comment in the thread was some smartass named Idnayman. You may recognize his posting style and a hearty upvote to whoever identifies him here.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.games.pinball/Would$20you$20be$20offended$20if$20I$20didn%E2%80%99t$20shake$20your$20hand$20at$20Expo$3F%7Csort:date/rec.games.pinball/OmpSY7x6B-I/a2kfnY8EW6wJ

#8942 3 years ago

Hopefully not these two:

#8943 3 years ago

If you have Covid-19 in the U.S who pays for the test,medical or hospital stay? Insurance, you or government ?

#8944 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

If you have Covid-19 in the U.S who pays for the test,medical or hospital stay? Insurance, you or government ?

You, unless you have insurance. The insurance will pay all, part, or none of the cost depending on your coverage type.

Some caveats if you are military or retired military and can get free care in the VA. Or if you qualify for Medicare or Medicaid. In these cases the government pays for most/all

#8945 3 years ago

Dr. Demento

Dr. Demento (resized).pngDr. Demento (resized).png
#8946 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Quoted from bwill:

You, unless you have insurance. The insurance will pay all, part, or none of the cost depending on your coverage type.

Remember, in the USA, EVERYTHING is a for profit business!

#8947 3 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Dr. Demento[quoted image]

“Here’s the funny 5 CDC recommendations for today!”

#8948 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Good one!

#8949 3 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

Some caveats if you are military or retired military and can get free care in the VA. Or if you qualify for Medicare or Medicaid. In these cases the government pays for most/all

Thankyou. I found this ... answered a lot also.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-04-01/as-unemployment-and-covid-19-cases-rise-who-will-pay-for-care

#8950 3 years ago

Day in the life type article about NYC. Crazy.

https://apnews.com/43f86972baffe88bcfc953d98016a3a0

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/179?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.