272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 576.
#8851 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

This article raises some chilling points I hadn't really considered until now.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/09/world/coronavirus-equipment-rich-poor.html

How soon do you think the pre-Covid "connected world" of unfettered globetrotting will return once this is over? When will it *actually* be over? Half the globe might remain an untested, untreated hotspot even by the time a vaccine trial shows promise in privileged countries. The potential implications are hard to fathom right now.

In my opinion, I think we are going to see social distancing practices continue most places in the world in some form until a vaccine has been released. Even if someone is tested today, they could have contact with someone or something already infected tomorrow and wind up incubating the virus. People will go back to work before then, but measures are going to be taken to limit employees contact with each other and the public until we have a handle on a reliable vaccine.

#8852 4 years ago

Check out Bob Dylans' new song, 17 minutes long. Pretty interesting.

#8853 4 years ago

Zoom offering Teleconferences all over the World, now considered "Critical Infrastructure"
All transmissions sent directly to Bejing. Zoom? BOOM!
Don't know who or how they knew this but glad they revealed it.

#8854 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Took a break to get some work done, shop a few of my games, get some things done around the house, ponder life.
I couldn't fathom reading the 100+ pages since I was last on, but glad to see everybody still hotdoggin.

You didnt miss anything and half of the people have been ejected from the thread for talking politics.

#8855 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I don't think you missed anything!

I hear you George. I think last time I was in this thread it had 78 pages. I wasn’t about to read 6400 new posts.

Good video posted with Trevor Noah above though. Somewhat reassuring.

I see a lot of people starting to get cabin fever though, so I would assume that more and more people might start venturing out. That could cause a problem.

#8856 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You didnt miss anything and half of the people have been ejected from the thread for talking politics.

Hahaha. Yeah, I saw the new added rules disclaimer posted at the bottom of the thread page too. That’s a first.

#8857 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I have a sinking suspicion more and more people that live alone are going to be discovered dead in their homes before this is over. Lots of apartment buildings in NYC.

Emergency Medical Service data first reported by Gothamist suggests the undercount of individuals who have likely died from the virus is massive. On Tuesday alone, 256 people were pronounced dead at home across the five boroughs. Until this month, about 25 people in New York City were found dead in their homes on a typical day, suggesting that most of Tuesday’s calls were related to the outbreak that has already killed over 5,400 people across the state and infected 140,386 more.

#8858 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

In my opinion, I think we are going to see social distancing practices continue most places in the world in some form until a vaccine has been released. Even if someone is tested today, they could have contact with someone or something already infected tomorrow and wind up incubating the virus. People will go back to work before then, but measures are going to be taken to limit employees contact with each other and the public until we have a handle on a reliable vaccine.

Not sure why your comment made me think of this but do you remember Goggle Glasses? They may dust off that old idea and retool it for social and work distancing. I can envision a lot of applications for it in our new world.

#8859 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Tuesday’s calls were related to the outbreak that has already killed over 5,400 people across the state and infected 140,386 more

I think this is my third week of the stay at home order in PA, and working remotely. Assuming three weeks for most people.

Has anybody seen a comparative statistic on how much the numbers have gone down with three weeks of quarantine, vs. before the measures were taken by more than 20 states?

I wonder how much, if at all, we have a flattened the curve already.

#8861 4 years ago

Very informative.

#8862 4 years ago
FB_IMG_1586443800906 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1586443800906 (resized).jpg
#8863 4 years ago

I think our cat is taking the social distancing just a little too far.

638B93A5-6384-4377-8B2F-34FF81F32969 (resized).jpeg638B93A5-6384-4377-8B2F-34FF81F32969 (resized).jpeg
#8864 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There have been two people here that announced the deletion of their entire Pinside account because of this thread and then followed through. Misguided and overly dramatic IMO.

#8865 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

With the look of, your now too close to me!

#8866 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Check out Bob Dylans' new song, 17 minutes long. Pretty interesting.

famous people over 70 shouldn't be allowed to release anything new right now because the second we see their name trending we worry the're sick or dying!!!

#8867 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Coming in 2022:

the end of that clip just kills me

#8868 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

There have been two people here that announced the deletion of their entire Pinside account because of this thread and then followed through. Misguided and overly dramatic IMO.

Crap...who? I must’ve skipped over that dramatic adventure.

#8869 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think our cat is taking the social distancing just a little too far.[quoted image]

Matryoshka cat needs you to social distance!!

#8870 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Anyone whose skin is THAT thin doesn't deserve to be here anyway. Good riddance. Social media is scary for some people.

/eyeroll

#8871 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Must have been when I was working. Didn’t even know about it.

#8872 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Crap...who? I must’ve skipped over that dramatic adventure.

Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Anyone whose skin is THAT thin doesn't deserve to be here anyway. Good riddance. Social media is scary for some people.
/eyeroll

They were relatively unknown to me and I noted their profiles indicated newbie-ish on Pinside. - Eh, we can all make rash decisions and hopeful they'll realize their error and come back.

#8873 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Emergency Medical Service data first reported by Gothamist suggests the undercount of individuals who have likely died from the virus is massive. On Tuesday alone, 256 people were pronounced dead at home across the five boroughs. Until this month, about 25 people in New York City were found dead in their homes on a typical day, suggesting that most of Tuesday’s calls were related to the outbreak that has already killed over 5,400 people across the state and infected 140,386 more.

there are also studies suggesting overcounts of deaths.

#8874 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

As well as undercounts.

#8876 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think our cat is taking the social distancing just a little too far.[quoted image]

Yeah,mine too.

9ACDBA40-F427-42E8-8E69-F8F906391207 (resized).jpeg9ACDBA40-F427-42E8-8E69-F8F906391207 (resized).jpeg
#8877 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I see a lot of people starting to get cabin fever though, so I would assume that more and more people might start venturing out. That could cause a problem.

100% anecdotal, but during my afternoon bike ride yesterday and my hike around the city this morning, it is my strong sense that car traffic is way up from 10 – 14 days ago. I'm thinking/hoping it's because some businesses have adapted to safety protocols but I'm way more worried people may be dropping their guard.

#8878 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Does the sound drop off some shows for you? Its weird, some shows play perfect, other the sound quits after a minute or so.
Yeah, like Jean Luc but just couldn't get attached to the rest of the cast. The scenes with Data were good. I understand Whoopie is coming back.

Hope that John de Lancie can make an appearance.

#8879 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Quoted from JodyG:

As well as undercounts.

I think the moral of the story is to ignore people trying to get all Trutherism with the data and we can hash out the specific numbers AFTER we've all survived a global pandemic

#8880 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I’ve heard that reported by Tucker Carlson and Bill O’reilly. The line seems to be, these people were on their last legs anyway, something would have killed them. The stats in NYC seem logically to point to covid...if they normally have 25 dead in homes, and now they have 200-300? What’s happening now that might cause that? Birx and Fauci just addressed this contention of over counting and said it’s false and has no basis. Seems like political messaging.

#8881 4 years ago

anecdotal: anyone else notice an increase in street racing / stunt driving late at night? Streets are empty and at least once an evening I'll hear someone just pushing an engine to max.

#8882 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I think the moral of the story is to ignore people trying to get all Trutherism with the data and we can hash out the specific numbers AFTER we've all survived a global pandemic

Exactly. My county is listed at 14 deaths on the Hopkins tracker site, 17 on the the official state website that is updated at noon ET daily, and the county coroner says we are at 31 as of this morning. Huge difference there...I can imagine we are not the only place seeing this kind of disparity.

#8883 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

anecdotal: anyone else notice an increase in street racing / stunt driving late at night? Streets are empty and at least once an evening I'll hear someone just pushing an engine to max.

Here in MN, even though traffic is way down, accidents involving deaths is about double from last year. Seems the main reason is speeding.

#8884 4 years ago

Over counts and "smear the experts" are the new talking points.

#8885 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Streets are empty and at least once an evening I'll hear someone pushing an engine to max.

That's just normal. A lot of people are trying to leave Canada as fast as they can.

Quoted from JodyG:

My county is listed at 14 deaths on the Hopkins tracker site, 17 on the the official state website, and the county coroner says we are at 31 as of this morning. Huge difference there.

Well, 14 plus 17 does equal 31, so maybe both figures are correct?

#8886 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I’ve heard that reported by Tucker Carlson and Bill O’reilly. The line seems to be, these people were on their last legs anyway, something would have killed them. The stats in NYC seem logically to point to covid...if they normally have 25 dead in homes, and now they have 200-300? What’s happening now that might cause that? Birx and Fauci just addressed this contention of over counting and said it’s false and has no basis. Seems like political messaging.

It's just another example of some taking a slice of truth and misapplying it to push certain platforms.

The truth is, yes, there are disparities in how deaths are counted across the literally thousands of different entities involve. But that doesn't mean they are NEFARIOUS differences... nor does it necessarily mean the deltas are materially significant to the overall numbers. Just because item1 is true, doesn't necessarily mean anything else said in the same claim is.

But just having that sliver of truth is all the pontiffs need to spin FUD about 'is it really that bad?' and rather than actually look into the points raised... people take the FUD and run with it.... because again, it re-enforces what they already want to believe.

Once again, #DetailsMatter

#8887 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Between this and backyard music wars, you guys are giving me ideas.

#8888 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Zoom offering Teleconferences all over the World, now considered "Critical Infrastructure"
All transmissions sent directly to Bejing. Zoom? BOOM!
Don't know who or how they knew this but glad they revealed it.

What?

#8889 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Here in MN, even though traffic is way down, accidents involving deaths is about double from last year. Seems the main reason is speeding.

There are certainly a lot less police out, so I would assume you will continue to see that.

#8890 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Over counts and "smear the experts" are the new talking points.

all models and projections of this thing where all OFF by miles and fauci (the so called expert) has been wrong almost every step of the way. January - Americans have nothing to worry about. March - shut eveything down. April - Ok we can now start relaxing the infected quarantine rules from 14 tyo 7 days.

We probably should have followed Sweden's model and keep the elderly and un-healthy at home quarantined and the rest of the population keep moving. All the projections are off by 80%.

#8891 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Quoted from jhanley:

Yeah,mine too.

Mine are not!! I told them 6 feet! But then again, they appear to be sleeping through this entire thing.

BF3DDC09-857B-47AE-8405-6FCD77318AC3 (resized).jpegBF3DDC09-857B-47AE-8405-6FCD77318AC3 (resized).jpeg
#8892 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

all models and projections of this thing where all OFF by miles and fauci (the so called expert) has been wrong almost every step of the way. January - Americans have nothing to worry about. March - shut eveything down. April - Ok we can now start relaxing the infected quarantine rules from 14 tyo 7 days.
We probably should have followed Sweden's model and keep the elderly and un-healthy at home quarantined and the rest of the population keep moving. All the projections are off by 80%.

Define miles

#8893 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

The smear campaign is in full effect.

It won’t work. People really like Fauci. And they trust him. Because he doesn’t lie to us, he has a lifetime of experience and service, and unlike others, he appears to have zero ulterior motive beyond promoting good public health.

That’s a luxury/freedom of being an appointed career Public servant rather than someone who is running for office and has to look after their own interests.

#8894 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People really like Fauci

He should be our point guard on this crisis:

AD201EDE-F4D0-4AE4-81DC-767FCAF9ECAF (resized).jpegAD201EDE-F4D0-4AE4-81DC-767FCAF9ECAF (resized).jpeg
#8895 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

He should be our point guard on this crisis:[quoted image]

Ha! That’s awesome. I bet he can still ball!

#8896 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Of course you DO realize that the whole point of mitigation is to affect the modeling, right? It's a catch-22: the models are wrong because we as a human race took action to CAUSE them to be wrong. It means we're doing something right.

#8897 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Of course you DO realize that the whole point of mitigation is to affect the modeling, right? It's a catch-22: the models are wrong because we as a human race took action to CAUSE them to be wrong. It means we're doing something right.

Yeah it’s like he’s upset more people aren’t dead because we actually listened to the experts.

#8898 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Are you feeding your starter? Equal parts water and flour daily? (4oz flour, 4 oz water)
Here's ours after 2 days. Bubbles up nicely and already reaks of yeast. Wife says after 5 days it will be ready to use
[quoted image]

Yup. After doing some research...IE Google.. I keep 4oz in the morning discard the rest and then feed it twice that day. It is bubbling but will not float yet. I am guessing a couple more days.

#8899 4 years ago

Fauci has been at this for a long time, since the Aids epidemic in the 80s, I trust him.

#8900 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I love my 20th Century dinosaur! 1970 Plymouth road runner...I’ve owned it since 1997 and not once did I ever care about the gas mileage!!! [quoted image]

Ahh. ..Mopar !

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/178 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.