272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 576.
#8751 3 years ago
92356348_10222104240782985_8897405115967733760_o (resized).jpg92356348_10222104240782985_8897405115967733760_o (resized).jpg
#8752 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

A California boy buyin Wisconsin cheese?

I like the look of the package.

#8753 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I like the look of the package.

That’s what she said

#8754 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

That’s what she said

Actually I pick out whatever sliced cheese is not too thick or too thin, and of course what is on sale. Store brand is not usually as good.

But I can guarantee you without a doubt that is a 100% grown in California avocado.

Don't know where they got the ham, but again it comes in a nice package.

#8755 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Don't know where they got the ham, but again it comes in a nice package.

#8757 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Last week I contacted the management company who handles the lease on my warehouse and asked if could pay only half of the rent. I was hoping for them to counter with a third off.
They immediately said, “fine...
Now I kinda wished I had asked for more.
Still, that’s a lotta Lunch[quoted image]

They make good beer! I'd consider moving to Maine because of that brewery.

#8759 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Not directed at anyone in particular, but it came up on my FB feed and I thought it appropriate here.
"Please stop saying you "researched it."
You didn't research anything and its highly probable that you dont even know how to do so.
Did you compile a literature review and write abstracts on each article? Or better yet, did you collect a random sample of sources and perform independent probability statistics on the reported results? No?
Did you at least take each article, one by one and look into the source ( that would be the author, publisher and funder), then critique the writing for logical fallacies, cognitive distortions and plain inaccuracies.
Did you ask yourself why this source might publish these particular results? Did you follow the trail of references and apply the same source of scrutiny to them?
No? Then you didnt fucking research anything. You read or watched a video, most likely with little to no objectivity. You came across something in your algorithm manipulated feed, something that jived with your implicit biases and served your confirmation bias, and subconsciously applied your emotional filters and called it proof.
Scary.
- Linda Gamble Spadaro"

I like the depth of this post. I do not research everything I read. Hence the fact I do not post things that could be complete BS. I take most of life at face value. If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and flies like a duck it's probably a duck. I still don't believe it is a duck until that damn duck is right in front of me nthough

and I have a dee-cent beer buzz right now...……..God I hope those aren't ducks at the door...……..I only have so much beer.

#8760 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Wow.. $1000 for social distance violation? Are they going around with six foot poles or busting private functions?

Yes. They are. Because that’s how we do.

https://people.com/human-interest/police-break-up-hasidic-jewish-funerals-in-nyc/

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-brooklyn-funeral-crowded-20200405-4wjy44pstfgsfkdo4nc57agzme-story.html

https://nypost.com/2020/04/04/nypd-busts-bronx-party-ignoring-coronavirus-social-distancing-rules/

You’d probably sound a lot less sure if yourself in a confrontation with the NYPD.

#8761 3 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

I do not post things that could be complete BS.

Well, if nobody did, we wouldn't have much of a thread here now would we?

#8762 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:VERY well said. I don’t always agree with Levi and Nelson either, but they have earned my respect and I do value their opinion. Wickerman...not so much.

Thanks Wayne. Appreciate that!

#8764 3 years ago

If you’d like to get your mind off of the pandemic, might I suggest spending the evening cutting out every damn letter so you can spray the yellow on your playfield restoration? I think I went cross eyed a few times!

AF87991D-9A82-4C6A-A463-4AA6171F3439 (resized).jpegAF87991D-9A82-4C6A-A463-4AA6171F3439 (resized).jpegCA6640D9-59CC-4CD9-BC14-49936111909B (resized).jpegCA6640D9-59CC-4CD9-BC14-49936111909B (resized).jpeg
#8765 3 years ago

This is what I think of Covid-19.....

07941188-D7BE-4C39-AFFF-C9D34F890A86 (resized).jpeg07941188-D7BE-4C39-AFFF-C9D34F890A86 (resized).jpeg
#8766 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

True.

Very true.

#8767 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Apply this to your personal lives and not just TV doctors. Physicians are human beings with ego's, distracting personal/family stresses, judgment errors and other frailties that we all suffer from. They are well intended but not Gods yet many people will accept advice without question. Pinball_Gizzard the exception.
I appoint myself as Physician Assistant with research, asking a lot of questions and/or a second opinion. I terminated with a doctor because of a vague, flippant answer he once gave me as it was obvious he didn't know what he was talking about. Best reply from a doctor I've ever gotten was, "I don't know", I'll check into it.
No offense to our Pinside doctors but I'll bet they have colleague stories they might vent during Happy Hour.

Exactly. Most physicians tend to be very smart and intelligent. However, like any profession, there are some better then others, early adopters vs. laggards when to comes to trying new procedures or therapies, and differences of opinion.

This is why with diseases or diagnosis of any potentially serious nature or surgery, it is always a good idea to seek out multiple opinions. Physicians are human and make mistakes just like the rest of us

#8768 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My girlfriend just lost one of her friends to the Coronavirus.

I'm so sorry, that's devastating.

#8769 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

No way this will hold as weather gets nicer. Hard for kids to rationalize someone else’s existence when they are dying of boredom. Many adults also..

Agreed. I worry it will get worse with this, as we've all seen the photos of the beeches and the parks packed despite isolation warnings

#8770 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When you stay up until 3:00 AM and watch Mannix because now you can...

I bought the Mannix soundtrack, noW I need to hunt that down and watch it tonight.

#8771 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

8697E1DD-BAB6-41DA-B2EF-8C55630B651D (resized).jpeg8697E1DD-BAB6-41DA-B2EF-8C55630B651D (resized).jpeg
#8772 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I bought the Mannix soundtrack, noW I need to hunt that down and watch it tonight.

It's on METV at 2:00 AM after Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock Presents. Most of those Hitchcocks are now reruns sad to say.

But I get in the zone on my couch with maybe some popcorn or M and Ms and stay enthused.

Most of those Mannix's are new to me. Brings back memories of dark lounges with red upholstered booths.

#8773 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Tonight we boiled some brats in beer and onion and finished on the griddle

That does it, I am buying one of these. I have never liked propane grills, but having a griddle is a different story. My kitchen ventilation is crap unless I open the windows (getting a range hood when I get around to remodeling) so I don’t grill or fry as much as I would like inside the house. This will be perfect.

#8774 3 years ago

Anyone else getting into sonic wars with their suburban neighbors? The guy next to me has been playing Top Forty 80’s music in his backyard for the last 5 days, so I finally let loose with a marathon of Black Moth Super Rainbow / Tobacco. I’m not going to stop until every album has been played. Don’t bring a knife to a gunfight, dude.

#8775 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Growing up our next door neighbors were the Joe Mannix family. He had an insurance business down the street. He was arrested for fraud, then disappeared. Later on it was discovered he had changed his name to ‘Mannix’ when the show became popular.
My dad always thought it was a hoot we lived next door to Joe Mannix. My dad died before we found out what a crook the guy was. My family still talks about that till this day. Wonder what he would’ve thought about our neighbor.

#8776 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Anyone else getting into sonic wars with their suburban neighbors? The guy next to me has been playing Top Forty 80’s music in his backyard for the last 5 days, so I finally let loose with a marathon of Black Moth Super Rainbow / Tobacco. I’m not going to stop until every album has been played. Don’t bring a knife to a gunfight, dude.

This is the best post I’ve read today, anywhere! Hilarious!

Actually, here’s a story. I put my old weight set back together on my back porch this week, since the gym is out. Yesterday I was working out and had Bill Withers going on my Bluetooth speaker. And the Temptations (Psychedelic Shack baby!). It wasn’t that loud, but it wasn’t quiet either, and my neighbor looked at me from across the way with a look that said “what in fuck are you listening to?”.

And I found out today that Bill Withers has died of Covid 19. Really, really sucks.

#8777 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

And I found out today that Bill Withers has died of Covid 19. Really, really sucks.

That’s the worst. Ain’t no sunshine when he’s gone. Who am I gonna lean on now?

#8778 3 years ago
01BF5203-D26A-428B-A9AD-0471D0894A14 (resized).jpeg01BF5203-D26A-428B-A9AD-0471D0894A14 (resized).jpeg
#8779 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Righteous! Good job

#8780 3 years ago
Quoted from c508:

That does it, I am buying one of these. I have never liked propane grills, but having a griddle is a different story. My kitchen ventilation is crap unless I open the windows (getting a range hood when I get around to remodeling) so I don’t grill or fry as much as I would like inside the house. This will be perfect.

One of your local Wal-Marts has the 36" Pro Series (last year's model) for $250 right now. Brickseek inventory for Wal-mart is kinda iffy, but worth a check.

https://brickseek.com/p/blackstone-36-pro-series-outdoor/6732118#in-store-offers

#8781 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That’s the worst. Ain’t no sunshine when he’s gone. Who am I gonna lean on now?

When this is all over I will play “Lovely Day” first.

#8782 3 years ago

Still the king in these parts

20200408_210227 (resized).jpg20200408_210227 (resized).jpg
#8783 3 years ago

This one might be the best of all. Check out his band here. These dudes are laid back, fly and cool as chilled wine.

#8784 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

One of your local Wal-Marts has the 36" Pro Series (last year's model) for $250 right now.

That’s cheaper than the one I planned on getting! Thanks, I will call them tomorrow.

#8785 3 years ago
Quoted from c508:

That’s cheaper than the one I planned on getting! Thanks, I will call them tomorrow.

It even shows as $250 (in-store) on the Wal-Mart website. That's a very good sign they actually have it. Good luck!

#8786 3 years ago
Quoted from c508:

You’re welcome.

#8787 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8788 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Can’t have before pics without including after picks. Enough diversion to keep us from becoming insane. [quoted image][quoted image]

I decided to take up a new hobby during the quarantine. I can cook and bake but have never done sourdough. I am day 5 into my starter and it is starting to double. Hopefully next week I will be able to make a loaf.

02FC8DD8-6474-41E9-848A-7EC35D8FC075 (resized).jpeg02FC8DD8-6474-41E9-848A-7EC35D8FC075 (resized).jpeg
#8789 3 years ago

Report: China blocked US companies’ health supplies from reaching US – Trump weighing legal options
WOW also says China bought 2.46 billion masks from around the world.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/04/report-china-blocked-us-companies-health-supplies-from-reaching-us-trump-weighing-legal-options/?utm

#8790 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I decided to take up a new hobby during the quarantine. I can cook and bake but have never done sourdough. I am day 5 into my starter and it is starting to double. Hopefully next week I will be able to make a loaf.[quoted image]

I'm gonna do this. In other news, I bought my last rolls of Charmin Ultra Soft ~1 month ago. This is the first TP I've found in-store since then. I didn't buy it. Thank God I still have plenty of Charmin!

tp (resized).PNGtp (resized).PNG

#8791 3 years ago

One more for the night.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8792 3 years ago

Oh man... The Allegheny white fish tapes full volume at 3 am would be equivalent to a nuclear strike..

#8793 3 years ago

Why hasn’t the toilet paper supply chain caught up from the mad dash a month ago? Anyone know?

#8794 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Apply this to your personal lives and not just TV doctors. ...
No offense to our Pinside doctors but I'll bet they have colleague stories they might vent during Happy Hour.

I’m not a doctor, but I played one on TV.

http://scrubs.justbecauseican.com

#8795 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Why hasn’t the toilet paper supply chain caught up from the mad dash a month ago? Anyone know?

We get a (normal) supply everyday. Problem is we need a truck load everyday. So we sell out by noon. Each factory can only make X amount a day. Many of these places were already setup to run 24/7 so it's not like they can just run more shifts to make more. Plus people are still hoarding and some are still bulk buying to resell at a higher price. If all stores would limit to only 2 packs a day they would have a better chance of catching up.

#8796 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

One more for the night.

Thats funny because Ive been spending at least an hour or 2 a day playing Robotron for the last week while stuck at home. One of my sons punk friends has a 470,000 point high score on it and Im determined to beat it. Seeing as how Im topping out at around 150000 Ive got a long ways to go. That game is hard AF!

#8797 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

We get a (normal) supply everyday. Problem is we need a truck load everyday. So we sell out by noon. Each factory can only make X amount a day. Many of these places were already setup to run 24/7 so it's not like they can just run more shifts to make more. Plus people are still hoarding and some are still bulk buying to resell at a higher price. If all stores would limit to only 2 packs a day they would have a better chance of catching up.

Our store's issue is our main distributor is limiting how many pallets we receive and toilet paper takes up a lot of space.

#8798 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

We get a (normal) supply everyday. Problem is we need a truck load everyday. So we sell out by noon. Each factory can only make X amount a day. Many of these places were already setup to run 24/7 so it's not like they can just run more shifts to make more.

More importantly, they don't want to tool up to make more. Demand for TP is *very* stable overall... people are not going to shit any more or less going forward. All the hoarded TP isn't going to go bad, so demand is going to plummet once everyone has 40 rolls in the closet.

#8799 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's on METV at 2:00 AM after Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock Presents. Most of those Hitchcocks are now reruns sad to say.

Hate to break it to you buddy but since Alfred Hitchcock Presents last episode was aired in 1965 I think they are all gonna be re-runs.

I had a dvd set from that show that just had the episodes from the series that Hitchcok himself directed. I gotta look to see if I still have it or not.

#8800 3 years ago

The Twilight Zone (New) on CBS All Access didn't do much for me, though only watched a few episodes.
I don't remember the "F" word in any of the other versions, this will one day really Date this iteration.
Free 30 days, just wanted to catch up on Picard. First couple of Episodes were brilliant, then went into
a black hole.
Gonna cancel tomorrow.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/176?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.