272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 576.
#8701 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

New details from HHS and FEMA released by the Oversight Committee indicates that federal government has depleted 90% of its stockpile of respirators/gloves/other emergency equipment. Remaining 10% will be kept for federal workers.
https://oversight.house.gov/sites/democrats.oversight.house.gov/files/documents/SNS%20PPE%20REPORT.pdf

Well good, that’s one less thing for me to be upset about (release the damn PPE).

Now to start working on the other 999 things on the list.

#8702 4 years ago

Can’t have before pics without including after picks. Enough diversion to keep us from becoming insane. 9156C147-03BB-4B91-9748-F6BC18036F62 (resized).jpeg9156C147-03BB-4B91-9748-F6BC18036F62 (resized).jpeg441F1F87-BBA3-40DA-B7A9-625433E950C0 (resized).jpeg441F1F87-BBA3-40DA-B7A9-625433E950C0 (resized).jpeg

#8703 4 years ago

This is the very latest from the NYT:

Another 779 people in New York state died of the virus, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo reported, compare with 731 the day before. In New Jersey, 275 people died, Gov. Philip D. Murphy said, up from 232 on Tuesday.

More people in the two states have died — a total of 7,772 — than in the rest of the United States combined.

Another grim distinction: New York State, with 149,316 confirmed cases, has had more people test positive for the virus than any country outside the United States, including Italy and Spain, the two other countries the pandemic has hit hardest.

But Mr. Cuomo said hospitalization figures continued to show the curve of infection flattening in the state. The number of virus patients in hospitals increased 3 percent since Tuesday, the fifth consecutive day of increases below 10 percent. By contrast, 25 percent increases have been typical in recent weeks.

#8704 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

So I'm not clear why several people keep trying to discrete every post that someone post on that SHOWS it is doing some good.

I'm not sure how many times we have to explain to you how science and medicine works, but please stop this.

#8705 4 years ago

All I can say is this thread has it all.

#8706 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

All I can say is this thread has it all.

Just wait until I unleash the meme stash...

Here's a teaser:

Screenshot_20200408-121225~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200408-121225~2 (resized).png
#8707 4 years ago

went for a bike ride with my daughter, came home and the global death tally jumped by over a thousand.

EDIT: CORRELATION, NOT CAUSATION!

#8708 4 years ago

Last week I contacted the management company who handles the lease on my warehouse and asked if could pay only half of the rent. I was hoping for them to counter with a third off.
They immediately said, “fine...
Now I kinda wished I had asked for more.

Still, that’s a lotta Lunch

BE2653C3-D39D-46E5-8A0F-10A6F61BE5E1 (resized).jpegBE2653C3-D39D-46E5-8A0F-10A6F61BE5E1 (resized).jpeg
#8709 4 years ago

Most countries have reported for today. 1.5 M confirmed cases 694DB532-23FF-41E9-9676-DC9430762FBF (resized).png694DB532-23FF-41E9-9676-DC9430762FBF (resized).png7C526FF8-8D2F-49F0-AF70-8D7220ADFCDD (resized).png7C526FF8-8D2F-49F0-AF70-8D7220ADFCDD (resized).png

#8710 4 years ago

https://apple.news/AoGB6nzr7Q8WcmrABDa9GUg

Looks like our government is $25T in debt and still use 40 year old computer systems. Where’s all the money going?

#8711 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Where’s all the money going?

Put me down for steak and lobster and perhaps a bottle of fine wine.

#8712 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Most countries have reported for today. 1.5 M confirmed cases [quoted image][quoted image]

They say it’s human nature to include the number 3 when falsifying a figure.
For some stupid reason it just is.
Look at China’s number on that chart: 3333

#8713 4 years ago

embryonjohn

A great choice for lunch or any other time of the day.

#8714 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

https://apple.news/AoGB6nzr7Q8WcmrABDa9GUg
Looks like our government is $25T in debt and still use 40 year old computer systems. Where’s all the money going?

Have you ever read about the missile silos that are still run on old 5 1/4" floppy discs? It's easy to laugh, but when you think about it, what point in the missile silo's life span was convenient to update the code to C++ or Java or whatnot?
I am a systems analyst, but the systems I work with are also still COBOL, and founded in the early 1970s, and it's the same sort of thing: never a great time to rewrite from the ground up.
It's not a glamorous life, but if you're willing to spend a few months learning COBOL you'll have a job for life.

#8715 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Geico just announced offering a policy credit.

I got an email from esurance that they were refunding 15% of our monthly premium for April and May

#8716 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Most countries have reported for today. 1.5 M confirmed cases [quoted image][quoted image]

Sad days this week indeed:

deat (resized).JPGdeat (resized).JPG
#8717 4 years ago

I found this amusing, although there have been reports of corona shutting down production for the time being.

Screenshot_20200408-123142~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200408-123142~2 (resized).png
#8718 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

there have been reports of corona shutting down production for the time being.

When they say "Extra", they mean it.

#8719 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When they say "Extra", they mean it.

Some say you are a little bit " extra, " O-din

#8720 4 years ago

4/8 NY Governor's briefing

Highlights:
-NY PAUSE & social distancing is working to flatten the curve so far. "If we stop what we are doing, you will see that curve change"
-The number of hospitalizations are down
-It's not a time to become complacent. We need to continue what we're doing to avoid over-burdening the health care system or it will end up like Italy.
-Number of deaths may continue to rise as those hospitalized for the longest periods pass away.
-Be responsible not just for yourself, but to protect those who are vulnerable. The life you risk might not be your own.
-All flags to be flown at half-mast in honor of those we have lost to covid-19
-The world is smaller than every before. "Someone sneezes in Asia today, you catch a cold tomorrow. Whatever happens in any country on this globe can get on airplane and be here literally overnight."
-NY will make an additional $600 payment immediately to all who filed for unemployment. This is expected to be later reimbursed by the federal government.
-Extending covered period of unemployment benefits for another 13 weeks (39 weeks total).
-By executive order, all New Yorkers can vote absentee on June 23rd primaries instead of making everyone stand on lines to vote
-Mercury Medical donated 2,400 new BiPAP machines. JetBlue flew them from FL to NY for free.
-Starting a social media campaign: "Who are you staying home for?"
-"We still have more to do. We are by no means out of the woods. And do not misread what you're seeing in that data in those charts. That is a pure product of our actions and behavior. If we behave differently, you will see those numbers change."
-Fine doubled from $500 to $1000 for disobeying the social distancing rules: https://www.businessinsider.com/new-york-raises-fine-for-social-distancing-rule-breakers-1000-2020-4
-Concern that with the decreasing number of cases, people will think that it's safer and then stop following social distancing, then cause a spike in cases
-Numbers for cases of people who stay at home and/or die at home are unknown--only figures from major institutions (hospitals, nursing homes, etc) are being counted so far
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8721 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Some say you are a little bit " extra, " O-din

Thanks!

At least we still have Forceflow to highlight all the important posts.

What would we do without him?

#8722 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Can anyone recommend a good breakfast wine?

I don't have a wine, but this stout from Founders is all you need in the morning.

IMG_7180 (resized).JPGIMG_7180 (resized).JPG

#8723 4 years ago

Wow.. $1000 for social distance violation? Are they going around with six foot poles or busting private functions? No way this will hold as weather gets nicer. Hard for kids to rationalize someone else’s existence when they are dying of boredom. Many adults also..

#8724 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I don't really know you and I don't like saying this, but my sense is that you desire failure for political reasons. That makes me sad and I apologize for being confrontational. Maybe it's because I desperately want good news that I view you this way. But people like Levi, Cait001, TheFamilyArcade and several others can present convincing arguments and those guys always make me think and evaluate things. I don't always agree with them but I value them and their thoughts. With you, I simple shut down due to your snark and condescension just to name two of your methods.
I'm not perfect and I come off very poorly at times but at least I try to be open and have a diversity of thought. I hope you will consider my words.

VERY well said. I don’t always agree with Levi and Nelson either, but they have earned my respect and I do value their opinion. Wickerman...not so much.

#8725 4 years ago

#8726 4 years ago

My girlfriend just lost one of her friends to the Coronavirus. She is now freaking out ten times more than she was about this crap.

#8727 4 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Are they going around with six foot poles or busting private functions?

I have bruises from women with 10 foot poles.

#8728 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I have bruises from women with 10 foot poles.

Internal?

#8729 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I can't read Swedish, but it seems some Swedish hospital have stopped using chloroquine as well.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8199477/amp/Swedish-hospitals-stop-prescribing-chloroquine-coronavirus-patients-adverse-effects.html?__twitter_impression=true

Swedish hospitals abandon trial of promising malaria drug chloroquine for coronavirus patients after it caused them blinding headaches, vision loss and agonising cramps

#8730 4 years ago

I think that we should try to keep everything in context here re: when it is stated that NY has more than X country. NY may very well have a similar population to X country. The term country sounds much larger vs a state. RI just moved to the 8th of May. Hopefully all the efforts work and we can all get back to socializing again. Personally, I am OK with waiting until June, but there needs to be a plan in place to get back to normal. Even if that means carrying hand sanitizer and wearing masks in public until a vaccine is here.

#8731 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8199477/amp/Swedish-hospitals-stop-prescribing-chloroquine-coronavirus-patients-adverse-effects.html?__twitter_impression=true
Swedish hospitals abandon trial of promising malaria drug chloroquine for coronavirus patients after it caused them blinding headaches, vision loss and agonising cramps

I’ll take that over death

#8732 4 years ago

Agreed.

#8733 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’ll take that over death

Right!

#8734 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My girlfriend just lost one of her friends to the Coronavirus. She is now freaking out ten times more than she was about this crap.

I'm sorry to hear that. Did she have any previous health issues?

#8735 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Last week I contacted the management company who handles the lease on my warehouse and asked if could pay only half of the rent. I was hoping for them to counter with a third off.
They immediately said, “fine...
Now I kinda wished I had asked for more.
Still, that’s a lotta Lunch[quoted image]

Do you still have games setup there? I know you were moving things around quite a bit

#8736 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Do you have any games still setup there?

Fireball (yours), Last Action Hero, 2001, Big Hit, Chexx Hockey, ‘69 Chicago Coin Slap Shot, Pac Man

#8737 4 years ago

Just visited a nearby small Town to get some groceries. This Town has a reputation for being stuck in the 50's, do not allow fast food restaurants or many chain Business, think Mayberry and you have the closest thing to it.
Amazed to see so many people wearing masks. They put up shields at each register. A Clerk was washing cart handles with sanitizer. Amazing!
Still out of eggs (paid 5 dollars for the last carton of free range organic whatever), biscuits, sausage (except Neeses Hot Variety, I like it), Lysol wipes. Sandwich meat was way down, bread selection too, but the refrigerated areas were overflowing with fresh milk. Beer was stocked to the Max (with non-refrigerated for the hoarders piled to the ceiling. They actually had 6-packs of toilet paper, very few.
Guess there is hope after all.

#8738 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Fireball (yours), Last Action Hero, 2001, Big Hit, Chexx Hockey, ‘69 Chicago Coin Slap Shot, Pac Man

If you ever want to sell that back to me. My son would love it.

Carry on thread...carry on...

#8739 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

It's not a glamorous life, but if you're willing to spend a few months learning COBOL you'll have a job for life.

Where can a guy get the training he needs over the next few months?

#8740 4 years ago

Not directed at anyone in particular, but it came up on my FB feed and I thought it appropriate here.

"Please stop saying you "researched it."

You didn't research anything and its highly probable that you dont even know how to do so.

Did you compile a literature review and write abstracts on each article? Or better yet, did you collect a random sample of sources and perform independent probability statistics on the reported results? No?

Did you at least take each article, one by one and look into the source ( that would be the author, publisher and funder), then critique the writing for logical fallacies, cognitive distortions and plain inaccuracies.

Did you ask yourself why this source might publish these particular results? Did you follow the trail of references and apply the same source of scrutiny to them?

No? Then you didnt fucking research anything. You read or watched a video, most likely with little to no objectivity. You came across something in your algorithm manipulated feed, something that jived with your implicit biases and served your confirmation bias, and subconsciously applied your emotional filters and called it proof.

Scary.

- Linda Gamble Spadaro"

#8741 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I'm sorry to hear that. Did she have any previous health issues?

Not that they know of Dad. She was an older woman and just a tad overweight but no major problems that my gf is aware of. I dont know the lady personally but she lives in a small town and was loved by everyone from what I am hearing.

#8742 4 years ago

Tonight we boiled some brats in beer and onion and finished on the griddle

672D768B-69DC-4584-BCB0-81808F700C0D (resized).jpeg672D768B-69DC-4584-BCB0-81808F700C0D (resized).jpeg
#8743 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Tonight we boiled some brats in beer and onion and finished on the griddle

Them's Johnsonville brats?

For some reason tube meat just sounds better coming from a place called Johnsonville.

#8744 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Them's Johnsonville brats?
For some reason tube meat just sounds better coming from a place called Johnsonville.

Lol, no, they’re from the butcher, us FIBs usually call the whole state of Wisconsin, Johnsonville

#8745 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Lol, no, they’re from the butcher, us FIBs usually call the whole state of Wisconsin, Johnsonville

Enlighten me. What is an 'FIBs'?

#8746 4 years ago

Connie, originally from Aurora Il. introduced me to the wonders of a Johnsonville brat. Yes, Wayne's World Aurora.

Should have bought one of those small cases last time I was in Costco.

#8747 4 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Enlighten me. What is an 'FIBs'?

Fuckin Illinois Bastard

#8748 4 years ago

Cheeseheads have been calling us that for decades

#8749 4 years ago

Lunchtime here. First food of the day.

This used to be my regular deal when I would pack a lunch for work. And a bag of chips. Can't let it go to waste.

DSCN6774 (resized).JPGDSCN6774 (resized).JPG
#8750 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Lunchtime here. First food of the day.
This used to be my regular deal when I would pack a lunch for work. And a bag of chips. Can't let it go to waste.[quoted image]

A California boy buyin Wisconsin cheese?

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/175?hl=jaydee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.