272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 576.
#8551 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Have not even had to get gas in over a month, since I live 2 miles from where I work. Kinda cool in that respect, at least.

When I was working, I used a tank of gas everyday. Last time I bought gas was March 15, the day I was told we were closing till June. I still have 1/2 a tank in the van. Actually; Once my gas expense is taken into account, I make just as much on unemployment as I did working.

#8552 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It's the greatest sport most have never heard of. It has been the #1 growing sport in the world the last several years, and more disc golf discs have been sold annually than footballs, baseballs, basketballs, tennis balls, and hockey pucks combined!
I used to play ball golf, and it has completely replaced it for me. It is the best of both worlds of golfing and hiking.
If you ever head this way, look me up and we can play. I will extend the same offer to all other pinsiders that disc golf.

Yeah, but it’s way cooler when you call it Frisbee golf!

#8553 4 years ago

Good news but why didn’t they get sent when Governor Polis asked? Or our other Senator...what’s special about Cory? Oh well, at least we’re getting them.

T-“Will be immediately sending 100 Ventilators to Colorado at the request of Senator Gardner!“

#8554 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Yeah, but it’s way cooler when you call it Frisbee golf!

And way less cool when you call it Frolf.

#8555 4 years ago

I laughed

IMG_20200408_091317.jpgIMG_20200408_091317.jpg
#8556 4 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

I'll post a brand new clip from ABC News 7 in LA and everyone else can issue comment. Is this a reliable source? This doctor's tuned in to the body's zinc channels. "Every patient I've prescribed it to has been very very ill, and within 8 to 12 hours they were basically symptom-free…"

That’s the same guy someone posted from the Blaze. It’s the exact same article the Blaze cut and pasted. Again, if Hydroxychloroquine and Zinc cured 100% of people we’d be hearing about it from more than one ER guy in California.

#8557 4 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

It's a bonus day for being stupid here in PA.
The PA Fish Commission kicked off opening day earlier this year.
This was the scene in the small area near Boiling Springs.
(Forget the Governor's stay-at-home order - who needs it with this sort of social distancing??).
"I caught a trout today ... and a ventilator next week."
Your local ER awaits you, you knuckleheads.
https://www.pennlive.com/coronavirus/2020/04/anglers-cast-snag-into-pa-fish-and-boat-commission-hopes-for-social-distancing-in-at-least-one-spot.html?fbclid=IwAR3s7g2wBKPuT3T_rgd0dbrCcNmSWsXYqaxiczrwYFwaD3VecwIJ9N1x-H4
[quoted image][quoted image]

I just looked into this...and it looks like the Carlisle Sun Sentinel got lazy and intermingled previous years photos in with their story. Note the photos at the end of the story all reference the opener photos being taken on "Saturday". They did nothing to differentiate previous years photos from this years photos...kinda lazy of them. https://cumberlink.com/news/local/in-surprise-move-pennsylvania-fish-and-boat-commission-opens-trout-season-today-across-the-state/article_e1d78b3e-0f34-526d-85f0-4d6ae2b17033.html

#8558 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

That’s the same guy someone posted from the Blaze. It’s the exact same article the Blaze cut and pasted. Again, if Hydroxychloroquine and Zinc cured 100% of people we’d be hearing about it from more than one ER guy in California.

I alway appreciate your balanced approach to news like this. I am one of those that can naively grab onto some things and I thank you for keeping me grounded.

#8559 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I laughed[quoted image]

-1 new deaths?? The covid19 zombie apocalypse is starting in Finland, apparently.

#8560 4 years ago

Sounds like he might be the first to use it with zinc. The article was an ABC news report that was copied by the blaze. Not the other way around.
I found the original article here.
https://abc7.com/coronavirus-drug-covid-19-malaria-hydroxychloroquine/6079864/

So lets do a search to see who he is?
https://health.usnews.com/doctors/anthony-cardillo-391771

#8561 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

people were playing Dig Dug on a condo wall in Toronto

#8562 4 years ago

Michigan state Rep. Karen Whitsett thanks Trump, hydroxychloroquine for helping save her life from coronavirus.
https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/7/michigan-democrat-thanks-trump-hydroxychloroquine-/?fbclid

#8563 4 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

I'll post a brand new clip from ABC News 7 in LA and everyone else can issue comment. Is this a reliable source?

please see every single other comment here about the drug, how scientific studies work, and the role of anecdotal data in medical care.

#8564 4 years ago

Just to throw more cold water on hydroxychloroquine, my pharma marketing team hosted a non-product related medical presentation on COVID last night. The guest was one of the most influential critical care pulmonologists in the nation. He was intrigued by hydroxychloroquine at first, but he’s moved completely away from it. He doesn’t see it being used unless one of the well controlled studies shows benefit.

*updated because I didn’t realize I was using the wrong name for hydroxychloroquine. In my defense, I only know the spaces I’ve worked in.

#8565 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Michigan state Rep. Karen Whitsett thanks Trump, hydroxychloroquine for helping save her life from coronavirus

So we can thank him for something that may have worked but not blame him for things that go South? Can I report on healthcare workers that are doing the opposite of thanking him?

#8566 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

So we can thank him for something that may have worked but not blame him for things that go South? Can I report on healthcare workers that are doing the opposite of thanking him?

You are a broken record dude seriously.

#8568 4 years ago

hagiography is not helpful

#8570 4 years ago

Dammit!!!

I’m eating milanos as I speak.

This is a big problem in many food processing places. The big poultry plants are just starting to put up dividers between workers, and providing proper PPE. Production lines are closing temporarily.

We are gonna have serious problems if there’s a supply chain issue. Not sure if government needs to get involved but these companies need to try harder to keep workers healthy.

#8571 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps we can all say a little prayer for Connie. Thank you.[quoted image]

Just catching up on the thread from yesterday...…..deep sigh...…..I might start drinking a little earlier today. hang in there o-din

#8572 4 years ago

Brief report on what we knew and when we knew it in the intelligence community and when it was disclosed up the food chain:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/intelligence-report-warned-coronavirus-crisis-early-november-sources/story?id=70031273

#8573 4 years ago

Some good news and some bad news in nyc...deaths up (we are well past 9/11 at this point) but admission to hospitals down, and far better shape than expected with ventilators. Deaths also being undercounted by estimated 100-200 a day.

All I know is my mom is worried fucking sick and she’s nagging me to stay home

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-death-toll-dying-at-home-de-blasio-20200408-st3unrzzwncchckjxu4rcrwkiy-story.html

#8574 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dammit!!!
I’m eating milanos as I speak.
This is a big problem in many food processing places. The big poultry plants are just starting to put up dividers between workers, and providing proper PPE. Production lines are closing temporarily.
We are gonna have serious problems if there’s a supply chain issue. Not sure if government needs to get involved but these companies need to try harder to keep workers healthy.

Agreed, this is going to be a HUGE problem in many food production plants. Many of these places the workers are in close quarters. If our food supply chain is disrupted it will change everything of the way we live. Everyone just takes for granted that they can just go to the store and buy food. We are in for a shock in months to come.

#8575 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Brief report on what we knew and when we knew it in the intelligence community and when it was disclosed up the food chain:
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/intelligence-report-warned-coronavirus-crisis-early-november-sources/story?id=70031273

They obviously knew but just chose to ignore the intelligence that was given to them.

With a few extra months of planning and ramping up production on tests and PPE, things could be a lot different right now

#8576 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

These NY numbers are very disturbing. My thoughts go out to all my fellow pinsiders in the Big Apple right now

Hidden by the jurisdictional lines are numbers for the region. NY, NJ, CT, RI, and NJ as a "supercell" have 52% of all national cases and 57% of all national deaths. Many counties with infection rates above 1 in 200 and the worst are 1 in 50 (Westchester, Rockland). I'd like to include Northeastern PA (e.g., Allentown) in the supercell numbers but I don't have an easy way to break them out from the entire state. Very difficult to witness. Source of my calculations is the data presented on infection2020.com.

Anyone know anything about the Southwest Georgia hotspot? Infection densities in excess of 1 in 100 in counties like Randolph, Terrell, and Dougherty where population counts suggest it is very rural? One of the counties has 90K citizens and the other two have less than 10K. They are bucking the trend of hot spots being in populated, urban areas or high travel areas (e.g., the ski resorts out West)

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#8578 4 years ago

Yeah I would just encourage some temperance on the hydroxychloroquine question. It might be helpful for a subset of patients, it might be helpful combined with specific other drugs, it might not be helpful at all. We need more data which should be coming in the next week or two.

Doctors are using this medication in COVID-19 patients so we will know shortly what the deal is with it. I think it’s safe to say it’s not a miracle drug or we would already be hearing about miracles across the country with it. My guess is that it will be shown to be helpful in a subset of patients but not everyone.

I’m not saying it shouldn’t be studied and I’m not even saying that doctors shouldn’t use it in COVID-19 patients after discussing the risks and benefits. I’m just saying these few physicians who are going on TV and saying it’s curing 100% of patients are either trying to get famous or trying to support the President politically. Even if they saw an effect in their small set of patients, every doctor knows how medical research is done and every doctor knows that small numbers of patients can not be counted on to make a decision on a therapy.

#8579 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Sounds like he might be the first to use it with zinc. The article was an ABC news report that was copied by the blaze. Not the other way around.
I found the original article here.
https://abc7.com/coronavirus-drug-covid-19-malaria-hydroxychloroquine/6079864/
So lets do a search to see who he is?
https://health.usnews.com/doctors/anthony-cardillo-391771

He’s not. It started 9 miles from my house:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/technology/doctor-zelenko-coronavirus-drugs.html

#8580 4 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

-1 new deaths?? The covid19 zombie apocalypse is starting in Finland, apparently.

Actually, one death was reported twice, and the data fixed on the next day.

#8581 4 years ago

This is currently the #1 cause of daily deaths in the US, eclipsing flu/pneumonia:

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/1712761

#8582 4 years ago

Yeah I would just encourage some temperance on the hydroxychloroquine question. It might be helpful for a subset of patients, it might be helpful combined with specific other drugs, it might not be helpful at all. We need more data which should be coming in the next week or two.
Doctors are using this medication in COVID-19 patients so we will know shortly what the deal is with it. I think it’s safe to say it’s not a miracle drug or we would already be hearing about miracles across the country with it. My guess is that it will be shown to be helpful in a subset of patients but not everyone.
I’m not saying it shouldn’t be studied and I’m not even saying that doctors shouldn’t use it in COVID-19 patients after discussing the risks and benefits. I’m just saying these few physicians who are going on TV and saying it’s curing 100% or patients are either trying to get famous or trying to support the President politically.

Appreciated as always, doc!

#8583 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

They obviously knew but just chose to ignore the intelligence that was given to them.
With a few extra months of planning and ramping up production on tests and PPE, things could be a lot different right now

It certainly would make sense. The number of people coming out saying how sick they were in late 2019 and written off as flu is pretty large. It would mean those really high flu numbers that everyone was going on about was really this. As I stated earlier, I still don't think we have a handle on this and can accurately test for it in all cases.

#8584 4 years ago

And his community is blowing up with Covid and yes, people have died. And a lot more will, because these groups are not social distancing and have been fined multiple times by the county.

#8585 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I don't really know you and I don't like saying this, but my sense is that you desire failure for political reasons. That makes me sad and I apologize for being confrontational. Maybe it's because I desperately want good news that I view you this way. But people like Levi, Cait001, TheFamilyArcade and several others can present convincing arguments and those guys always make me think and evaluate things. I don't always agree with them but I value them and their thoughts. With you, I simple shut down due to your snark and condescension just to name two of your methods.

I'm not perfect and I come off very poorly at times but at least I try to be open and have a diversity of thought. I hope you will consider my words.

#8586 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:Some good news and some bad news in nyc...deaths up (we are well past 9/11 at this point) but admission to hospitals down, and far better shape than expected with ventilators. Deaths also being undercounted by estimated 100-200 a day. All I know is my mom is worried fucking sick and she’s nagging me to stay home https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-death-toll-dying-at-home-de-blasio-20200408-st3unrzzwncchckjxu4rcrwkiy-story.html

How are you holding up and how is your aunt? A friend of my wife’s got a fever yesterday and she also has lupus. I guess the good news is she already takes hydro whatever quinine already. But it’s worrisome. This whole this is.

10 to 15x increase on the daily death at home count in NYC! Usually around 20, now over 200!

#8587 4 years ago

Yeah and Zelenko has yet to publish anything that I have seen on this. You don’t know what patients he has selected and even his own partner has said it is “irresponsible” of him to be touting this as a miracle cure.

Again, this guy lives in New York, the epicenter of the US COVID-19 outbreak. If Zinc and Hydroxychloroquine cured it all, the medical community in New York would be all over it.

My guess is he took patients with mild symptoms and gave them the drugs. So, the population he chose was less likely to need intubation or hospitalization in the first place. Now he says he has had zero patients require intubation or hospitalization. That’s called selection bias and is why you need larger numbers of patients.

The combination of Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin has also been shown to possibly cause or worsen heart muscle damage so giving this cocktail to people who probably would have been fine anyway is suspect as well.

#8588 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

but my sense is that you desire failure for political reasons

Your sense is incorrect and your post is personally insulting. I don’t particularly care though so that’s fine. It’s not about me or you. I want success but I also want realistic factual information presented.

It was an honest question given the posting rules. There is a massive amount of places where our response could improve but posting anything critical is questioned, yet posting thank you by name is cool.

I am thinking critically and will continue regardless. Ignore my posts if they are bothering you.

#8589 4 years ago

Not sure if this was posted yet.
New York hospitals discharge more coronavirus patients than they bring in for four straight days
https://www.theblaze.com/news/new-york-hospitals-discharge-more-coronavirus-patients-than-they-admit-for-four-straight-days
If you don't want to read the blaze then you can go here.
https://www.theepochtimes.com/discharges-outpace-hospitalizations-in-new-york-for-4th-straight-day_3299082.html#

#8590 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I don't really know you and I don't like saying this, but my sense is that you desire failure for political reasons. That makes me sad and I apologize for being confrontational. Maybe it's because I desperately want good news that I view you this way. But people like Levi, Cait001, TheFamilyArcade and several others can present convincing arguments and those guys always make me think and evaluate things. I don't always agree with them but I value them and their thoughts. With you, I simple shut down due to your snark and condescension just to name two of your methods.
I'm not perfect and I come off very poorly at times but at least I try to give a diversity of thought. I hope you will consider my words.

Appreciate that Kim. I don’t think anyone wants failure. There’s been a whole lot of frustration. I mean, I totally lost my cool here last week and was raving. Did I believe my ravings? Yes (and still do), but I was way out of line in my delivery, and regretted some of things I posted.

I think the mods zero tolerance policy has cleaned things up nicely, but beyond that, I do think most people here are softening their viewpoints in certain respects. There’s still gonna be some real hot buttons, but I think we’re getting more understanding of each other. Your quoted post here demonstrates that IMO. And thanks for that!

Edit: BTW Wickerman, I got your back. I think you understand the situation well and you’re holding the right people accountable.

#8591 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Not sure if this was posted yet.
New York hospitals discharge more coronavirus patients than they bring in for four straight days
https://www.theblaze.com/news/new-york-hospitals-discharge-more-coronavirus-patients-than-they-admit-for-four-straight-days
If you don't want to read the blaze then you can go here.
https://www.theepochtimes.com/discharges-outpace-hospitalizations-in-new-york-for-4th-straight-day_3299082.html#

I don’t want to read either of those!

#8592 4 years ago

If he is doing this from the ER/Urgent Care, how is he following up on 100% (his claim, not mine) of his patients? Does he see no one in the ER that has to go straight to the hospital?

#8593 4 years ago

This must quickly be forgotten. No biggy. Get those markets up. 3/8/2020

Market manipulation via Twitter should be banned.

#8594 4 years ago

Just jumping the gun and going right for the next hot topic.

#8595 4 years ago

I'm amazed at the 5G stuff. I have a huge scientific rant in the chamber about these 5G conspiracy loons but I don't think this is the thread for it.

#8596 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm amazed at the 5G stuff. I have a huge scientific rant in the chamber about these 5G conspiracy loons but I don't think this is the thread for it.

I'm struggling to find the jumping off point for this. The only thing I can think that might be close was the Pulse movies...and that one X Files episode...otherwise I have no idea where this idea even originated from....

#8597 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Just jumping the gun and going right for the next hot topic.[quoted image]

Yeah what's up with the 5G stuff? There are legit reasons to hate on 5G (like destroying invaluable weather forecast progress, being a slapdash workaround to hide lack of investment in fiber infrastructure,) but I hear people are actually trying to destroy 5G towers over the coronavirus?
Weird times, man.

#8598 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It was................. A joke.

#8599 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

If he is doing this from the ER/Urgent Care, how is he following up on 100% (his claim, not mine) of his patients? Does he see no one in the ER that has to go straight to the hospital?

That’s a good question. I’m assuming he’s using this in patients who don’t need to be admitted which again is a subset of patients who probably would have been ok anyway.

The is data to suggest that zinc can help shorten symptoms from many viral illnesses and it might do the same with coronavirus. It’s not a miracle cure though.

#8600 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

It was................. A joke.

Yeah I know you don't believe it, but there are a good number of people who do.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/172?hl=tuukka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.