272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 576.
#8501 4 years ago

Last couple of days they have told us Los Angeles has the cleanest air of any major city in the world right now.

Never thought I'd see the day...

#8502 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Last couple of days they have told us Los Angeles has the cleanest air of any major city in the world right now.
Never thought I'd see the day...

I believe that. I'll never forget watching the smog from LA get sucked through palm springs and out into the ocean when I lived in Cali.

I remember thinking to myself: "shit that's a fuckton of airflow.. if only they shut it off for a few days.."

#8503 4 years ago

Worker at Giant Food Store in Enola tests Positive for Covid 19

Not my store but right across the river from me. And the second grocery store in central Pa with worker testing positive.

https://pennwatch.org/worker-at-giant-food-store-in-enola-tests-positive-for-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR2XYRZ2B2l59dysa1wiHBDH3dnb0e5HULL-OaopqNgAtxbagRh5IEG8Kp0

#8504 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Worker at Giant Food Store in Enola tests Positive for Covid 19
Not my store but right across the river from me. And the second grocery store in central Pa with worker testing positive.
https://pennwatch.org/worker-at-giant-food-store-in-enola-tests-positive-for-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR2XYRZ2B2l59dysa1wiHBDH3dnb0e5HULL-OaopqNgAtxbagRh5IEG8Kp0

I’m not going into a grocery store anytime soon

#8505 4 years ago

I know 4 people right now that are crazy sick and have been home sleeping it off for 2-3 weeks. None of them have been tested, one tried and got told his symptoms didn't match but tested negative for the flu. The other 3 haven't went to the doctor but said this is the worst sick they've ever been.

I honestly don't believe anyone's numbers and I think we still have a lot to learn about this virus and how to detect it and think the above actually represents a many many people not getting counted. I'd be curious to know what the daily death numbers are and how many 'flu/unknown' deaths there are of people dying at home. They aren't getting counted.

That being said I left the house for the first time in 2 weeks and went for a motorcycle ride and a run. Nice and 82 here..it'll probably be 20 below and a blizzard in a few days.

#8506 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I remember thinking to myself: "shit that's a fuckton of airflow.. if only they shut it off for a few days.."

They can leave it shut off as far as I'm concerned.

#8507 4 years ago

Off tomorrow so just social distancing hanging with myself by the fire. Plan on getting shit faced and eating a pack of hot dogs. Getting crazy out here.

524D8132-87D9-49E6-AE07-31EA00380400 (resized).jpeg524D8132-87D9-49E6-AE07-31EA00380400 (resized).jpeg
#8508 4 years ago

State of WA was where things started getting bad really quick, and for a while we were the epicenter of the infections and the poster child of things going wrong. But I have to give credit for Gov. Inslee for thoughtful actions, calm and rational updates and in general making a bad situation as good as it can be as quickly as possible. If we didn’t have all the restrictions in place, as tough as they may be, I believe we’d be in much worse situation. Seeing some parts of the country still not taking this seriously is a bit puzzling, but I guess it remains to be seen where that leads. Still, it’s not often I give credit for our politicians, but feels like it’s due here. Hopefully this all will be over soon and we can start rebuilding our economy and get back to normalcy

#8509 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Off tomorrow so just social distancing hanging with myself by the fire. Plan on getting shit faced and eating a pack of hot dogs. Getting crazy out here.[quoted image]

Welcome to the party.

#8510 4 years ago

OCD test!

37FE74C8-0923-4C89-9D8C-F8BE803C6B68 (resized).jpeg37FE74C8-0923-4C89-9D8C-F8BE803C6B68 (resized).jpeg
#8511 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

OCD test![quoted image]

I was hoping to go out camping with the family. Just getting away from everything...but the governor just announced all our state parks are now closed

#8512 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Thats a Ron Jeremy movie, right?

Co starring the lock pick lawyer? Going back door?

#8513 4 years ago

You dont need a park for a tent or a grill.

You saw my previous pic. That is an open field where a 5 story commercial building is slated to go up ne t year (maybe now,)

Point is, police understand and even drove by tonight to ask about the cars (my buddy was there with his,) and didnt care as long as we were being smart.

For the first time in a while I believe we are seeing more understanding amongst people who generally disagree

#8514 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:As clg said, once it’s gone (or near gone) from here, the only way to keep it out is to lock down the borders.
Anyone who arrives in the country will be quarantined for 2 weeks in government controlled hotels/facilities.
That means our tourism industry (which is one of our biggest earners) is screwed until they find a vaccine for the virus.
It also means that kiwis (who are famous for globetrotting) will be forced to stay in the country for the next year. So no Brisbane Masters or INDISC for us this year, I’m thinking ...
rd

Heard a fascinating news item today about researchers at the South Pole that can’t travel home so they’re going to hole up on the Falklands. The concern is ensuring that Antarctica stays virus free.

#8515 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I was hoping to go out camping with the family. Just getting away from everything...but the governor just announced all our state parks are now closed

Quoted from Daditude:

Sorry to hear that. And kinda dumb since camping out always has been a way of getting away from every one.
Wow! Just gotta say those two dogs were frigging awesome!! Damn, 100 black Angus beef. The only way to go.
Need to make more.

#8516 4 years ago

This article says that in a study of those who recovered from COVID-19, “nearly a third had unexpectedly low levels of antibodies.” Bad news for herd immunity and maybe even vaccine effectiveness. This is one slippery bugger.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3078840/coronavirus-low-antibody-levels-raise-questions-about#click=https://t.co/DxgEzccmWX

#8517 4 years ago

Perhaps we can all say a little prayer for Connie. Thank you.

SCAN0083 (resized).JPGSCAN0083 (resized).JPG
#8518 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

If you guys have nothing else going on, the super pink moon should be pretty cool tonight.

Bark at the moon!

15BD7C27-B5DE-4B98-8006-65A2B5D29891 (resized).jpeg15BD7C27-B5DE-4B98-8006-65A2B5D29891 (resized).jpeg
#8519 4 years ago

Lost John Prine today to this terrible virus. I’ll dig out my albums tomorrow and give him a proper send-off.

#8521 4 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Sorry Texas - consumption really needs to be measured on a per capita basis
1 - New Hampshire
2 - Delaware
3 - Nevada
4 - North Dakota
5 - Wisconsin
Not surprisingly Texas rates right around average when compared to 50 states + DC

Nope. Mass, Vermont and Maine all export our beer. No sales tax. Consumption is based on sales in that state. So flawed data.

#8522 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Nope. Mass, Vermont and Maine all export our beer. No sales tax. Consumption is based on sales in that state. So flawed data.

Same with DE. No sales tax so PA and MD buy from them.

#8523 4 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Sorry Texas - consumption really needs to be measured on a per capita basis
1 - New Hampshire
2 - Delaware
3 - Nevada
4 - North Dakota
5 - Wisconsin
Not surprisingly Texas rates right around average when compared to 50 states + DC

I wonder what the "non-purchased" alcohol amount is? Texas is a HUGE moonshine state. It is readily available.

#8524 4 years ago

Finally:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-04-07/california-gavin-newsom-200-million-masks-coronavirus-rachel-maddow

Clearly we can't rely on the fed so time to go it alone and get the supplies we need. Other states have been asking us for help as well so we'll be able to supply them too. Hopefully this will eliminate some of the bidding wars, supplies getting confiscated and other current madness that's happening and states can get what they need.

#8525 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps we can all say a little prayer for Connie. Thank you.[quoted image]

Just getting caught up on the thread. So sorry to hear your news. Hoping for the best for you and your family.

#8526 4 years ago

Lots of comparisons of the US to countries overseas, but not so many to their nearest neighbour....

As a Canadian I hope that we're not just lagging in the timeline, but numbers have been holding steady for some time now... With ~9x the population of Canada, the US has ~20x the cases and 30x the deaths.

Nothing empirical, but my sense is that Canada had far less debate about the benefits of "stay at home", proportionately more testing early, and far less population density; all (hopefully) working in our favour.

Hoping every country can keep a lid on things until a vaccine arrives.

#8527 4 years ago

Day 15 in quarantine. Fixed the coffee maker.

E0C98918-6093-466A-B30E-F46931DF6DD1 (resized).jpegE0C98918-6093-466A-B30E-F46931DF6DD1 (resized).jpeg
#8528 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200407-225808~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200407-225808~2 (resized).png
#8529 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200407-231341~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200407-231341~2 (resized).png
#8530 4 years ago

It's a bonus day for being stupid here in PA.
The PA Fish Commission kicked off opening day earlier this year.

This was the scene in the small area near Boiling Springs.
(Forget the Governor's stay-at-home order - who needs it with this sort of social distancing??).

"I caught a trout today ... and a ventilator next week."
Your local ER awaits you, you knuckleheads.

https://www.pennlive.com/coronavirus/2020/04/anglers-cast-snag-into-pa-fish-and-boat-commission-hopes-for-social-distancing-in-at-least-one-spot.html?fbclid=IwAR3s7g2wBKPuT3T_rgd0dbrCcNmSWsXYqaxiczrwYFwaD3VecwIJ9N1x-H4
Fish Opening Day in Boiling Springs 04072020 (resized).jpgFish Opening Day in Boiling Springs 04072020 (resized).jpgFish Opening Day in Boiling Springs 04072020 -2 (resized).jpgFish Opening Day in Boiling Springs 04072020 -2 (resized).jpg

#8531 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Just getting caught up on the thread. So sorry to hear your news. Hoping for the best for you and your family.

Thanks man. I honestly thought I would be the last one to bring something up like that here. You just never know.

Digging out the photo album and that one in particular brought tears to my eyes. It didn't work out, but we did have some really good times.

#8532 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A little food for thought from the folks that brought you the Volvo.
Time will tell if they are right or not.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/sweden-found-solution-coronavirus-103003618.html

It’s a very conservative slant. Take that for what you will. Does anyone really think Sweden’s strategy is going to beat the odds?

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/national-review

#8533 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A little food for thought from the folks that brought you the Volvo.
Time will tell if they are right or not.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/sweden-found-solution-coronavirus-103003618.html

Looks like they may be wrong:

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-sweden-no-lockdown-test-thousands-deaths-expected-2020-4

"Prime Minister Stefan Löfven is now saying thousands will die from COVID-19 and that the country's parliament may bring in more restrictive measures."

Mind you they are just healthier there compared to us and have less pollution, so maybe they are more immune in general. Apparently they don't smoke much there for example. Likewise while around 40% of Americans are obese, it's around 4% in Sweden. Also less pollution there, for example electric cars are embraced there at 30% market share. I imagine all these factors make them less susceptible.

#8534 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Tough times for the folks who are living out of their vehicles. I’d considered getting an RV or camper van and ditching rent for awhile, but where do you go when they close access to nature?

#8535 4 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Tough times for the folks who are living out of their vehicles. I’d considered getting an RV or camper van and ditching rent for awhile, but where do you go when they close access to nature?

I read Walmart will let you use their parking lots overnight for your RV. You’d be first in line for TP!

#8536 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This has been one of those days where no phone call is a good phone call.
It's usually like that anyway, but today, it especially is.

My heart goes out to you. Stay strong.

#8537 4 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I am an avid disc golfer. So I play at the park frequently. It is a nationally ranked course in my hometown. It has ponds, a water park, dog park, etc. It is picturesque.
I would be very down if it were closed.

#8538 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

? Bad news:
L'association hydroxychloroquine-l'azithromycine, "nous avons déjà dû interrompre le traitement" annonce le chef du service de cardiologie du CHU de Nice
French hospital halts hydroxychloroquine treatment study due to cardiac side effects
Where’s the resident French source?

Here comes Ze French source!

I checked.
This is not (yet) national media news, but was reported in a local newspaper. Take it with a grain of salt until confirmed. But I checked, the Dr. Ferrari mentioned in this article does exist, and is indeed a cardiologist working in this hospital.

Just to translate one important §:
"When hydroxychloroquine is given alone, the cardiac risk is very low. On the other hand, the antibiotic (azithromycin) which is systematically prescribed in combination with hydroxychloroquine in the anti-Covid protocol also favors these abnormalities. Cardiological risk is then potentiated, a fortiori, if there are other associated drugs which have the same undesirable effect, if the oxygenation of the blood is not done well or if the potassium in the blood is low. if prescribed, must be prescribed with ECG monitoring at D0 and D2 minimum. "

https://www.nicematin.com/sante/coronavirus-nous-avons-deja-du-interrompre-le-traitement-de-hydroxychloroquine-azithromycine-au-chu-de-nice-489118

In other words, what has been stopped is the association between hydroxychloroquine and an antibiotic. Sometimes the combination of two relative safe drugs may become very unsafe.

Bottom line: DO NOT TAKE THESE DRUGS ON SELF-MEDICATION. Ask for medical advice first

I can't read Swedish, but it seems some Swedish hospital have stopped using chloroquine as well.

#8539 4 years ago

These NY numbers are very disturbing. My thoughts go out to all my fellow pinsiders in the Big Apple right now

Screenshot_20200408-010421 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200408-010421 (resized).png
#8540 4 years ago

I'll post a brand new clip from ABC News 7 in LA and everyone else can issue comment. Is this a reliable source? This doctor's tuned in to the body's zinc channels. "Every patient I've prescribed it to has been very very ill, and within 8 to 12 hours they were basically symptom-free…"

#8541 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I am an avid disc golfer. So I play at the park frequently. It is a nationally ranked course in my hometown. It has ponds, a water park, dog park, etc. It is picturesque.
I would be very down if it were closed.

I love disc golf!! I never heard of it until I went to college in Hays KS. Hays has a great course but there are a couple of holes that have water hazards. We would scavenge for frisbee in Big Creek on those holes. It was great until we started coming out of the creek with leaches attached to us.

#8542 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I love disc golf!! I never heard of it until I went to college in Hays KS. Hays has a great course but there are a couple of holes that have water hazards. We would scavenge for frisbee in Big Creek on those holes. It was great until we started coming out of the creek with leaches attached to us.

It's the greatest sport most have never heard of. It has been the #1 growing sport in the world the last several years, and more disc golf discs have been sold annually than footballs, baseballs, basketballs, tennis balls, and hockey pucks combined!

I used to play ball golf, and it has completely replaced it for me. It is the best of both worlds of golfing and hiking.

If you ever head this way, look me up and we can play. I will extend the same offer to all other pinsiders that disc golf.

#8543 4 years ago
Quoted from Da_Vagrant:

Lots of comparisons of the US to countries overseas, but not so many to their nearest neighbour....
As a Canadian I hope that we're not just lagging in the timeline, but numbers have been holding steady for some time now... With ~9x the population of Canada, the US has ~20x the cases and 30x the deaths.
Nothing empirical, but my sense is that Canada had far less debate about the benefits of "stay at home", proportionately more testing early, and far less population density; all (hopefully) working in our favour.
Hoping every country can keep a lid on things until a vaccine arrives.

I've seen this kind of post many times, now.

To my Canadian brothers: can we stop posting outright (or implying through statistics etc.) that Canada is doing "better" than the USA on this?

This is not the time.

#8544 4 years ago

Went out earlier today for the first time in two weeks to drive the cars/charge the batteries. Sadly surprised at the number of cars on the road. Didn’t look much different to me then what used to be normal traffic. I did my 20 minutes per car and that was it.

Unless this was “drive your car day Colorado”, it was not a good sign.

#8545 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks man. I honestly thought I would be the last one to bring something up like that here. You just never know.
Digging out the photo album and that one in particular brought tears to my eyes. It didn't work out, but we did have some really good times.

Sorry Mr. O-din. You have some wonderful memories and a beautiful girl, I am sure everything will work out.

#8546 4 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

Cut up an old bungee cord, all kinds of elastic band in them.

Or use slingshot rubbers

#8547 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

These NY numbers are very disturbing. My thoughts go out to all my fellow pinsiders in the Big Apple right now [quoted image]

I have family down in NYC, and just the other night they were describing what it was like at their apartment buildings. My cousins live in a 1960’s era high rise complex in Hell’s Kitchen (it’s the complex of apartments that are subsidized for artists on 43rd St for those that know the area), so imagine two tall towers with about 500 apartments. They said that ambulances pull up to their buildings multiple times during the day, every day, and at least 4 of their friends had died. They also said that an unhappy side effect is that the junkies don’t have the tourist crowds to beg $ from, so when they leave the apartment to get supplies, the junkies beeline towards them to try and get money. Most of them are just desperate and don’t even really understand why the crowds aren’t around, but another resident of the apartment building was actually attacked and injured. My cousin is still recovering from a heart attack in February, so he’s highly at risk, but because he was recovering, they already were following a lot of the protocols (masks, etc) before it became widely recommended. Knock on wood, they seem to be doing ok. My brother is in LIC, also in a big apartment building, and their experience is a little more mundane. They go out once a day for a walk, but otherwise are just holed up in their apartment binge watching Netflix.

It’s strange though—I’m used to NYC feeling more perilous, but it feels strange bc we are having the exact same experience of hearing way more ambulances during the day. We live in a suburban town, but we are on the outskirts in the middle of a bunch of protected land, and the houses are pretty far apart, so normally we maybe would hear one every other week or so. Lately we hear them 2-3 times a day.

#8548 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Quoted from arcademojo:

Same with DE. No sales tax so PA and MD buy from them.

Damn, you guys are right.

Giving myself a 4hr temporary thread eject for being stupid

#8549 4 years ago

Just thought I'd point out theres more to NY west of the Hudson river. NYC get the press, but theres issues other places in the state as well....

#8550 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Employee at Harrisburg-area Sheetz tests positive for COVID-19
This is why you don't let your guard down. I stop at this store just about every other day on my way to work. It's never busy at 5:30 am so never suited up with mask and gloves. Doesn't say if the employee worked register or not. Or what shifts they worked. This is also the third Sheetz in central Pa to have an employee test positive.
https://local21news.com/news/local/employee-at-harrisburg-area-sheetz-tests-positive-for-covid-19?fbclid=IwAR3POu76hGZmbAiUCrQDWQWnE5RWuKAELENBInQ6SJrrqmuwbnzPayJd-5k

I quit going to convenience stores over a month ago...its just not worth it. The touch screens have to be disgusting, no matter how often they wipe them. With Sheetz's unofficial motto of "Sorry about your wait", I am sure there are still gaggles of people waiting for their food orders. Have not even had to get gas in over a month, since I live 2 miles from where I work. Kinda cool in that respect, at least.

Also, one of the first 3 cases of COVID-19 in my county was a Wendy's worker. They died last week.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/171?hl=trogdor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.