272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 576.
#751 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ANY public official who spent weeks and months downplaying the risks of Coronavirus is guilty of in incompetence and negligence at best, treason and murder at worse. Stop trying to excuse this nonsense away it’s disgusting.

The full French Video is different that most US videos The US Video is edited.

#752 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would GLADLY secede to Canada now.
Couldn’t possibly be worse.

Hey, what would Kentucky, Missouri, Mississippi, etc do without NY, CA, NJ, etc. funding there lifestyle?

#753 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I don’t know, they were lousy parents. Look how their kids turned out.

My kids turned out fine both are successful thank you. My kids are likely your age possibly older at 39 and 43

#754 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm going to give into a little bit of what seems to be happening with "stay at home" orders in NY. This is changing on a day-to-day basis, so what I typed up might be outdated in a few hours.
Yesterday (Friday), the NY governor announced a "stay at home" order for all non-essential businesses, which effectively shuts a lot of businesses down.
https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-signs-new-york-state-pause-executive-order
https://esd.ny.gov/guidance-executive-order-2026
Some businesses are fortunate enough to have roughly a 30-day operating cost emergency fund in place, and are continuing to pay staff as long as possible, but many businesses don't have that cushion. So, depending on the type of business and how healthy it is, some people are still getting full pay, I've heard of a few cases where people are getting partial pay, and some people are getting no pay. A sick leave bill was working its way through the system, but I'm not quite sure where things stand with that. I've also heard of a few cases of people being in limbo with trying to apply for welfare. Employees who haven't officially been laid off, terminated, or fired don't seem to be able to actually apply for benefits. The term "zero hour schedule" has been thrown around for people still being listed as an employee, but not actually working or getting paid.
There's nothing in place yet for people who still have to pay rent & property taxes, other than a freeze on evictions. Foreclosures are still proceeding normally. There is supposedly a 90-day waiver on mortgage payments going into effect, but details are unclear at the moment--it appears to be some sort of postponement of payments for 90-days.
Some landlords are saying that renters (both business and residential) still have to pay full rent, some are saying they'll work with people on a case-by-case basis, some are offering reduced rent....there's really no plan in place right now, and a lot of people are concerned about financial ruin if they have no income to pay.
In the scenario where people simply stop paying rent under the eviction freeze, there doesn't appear to be plan in place for what happens after the freeze is lifted. There is concern about landlords hitting renters with a giant bill that they have to pay or face immediate eviction.
In turn, landlords who have mortgages and property taxes to pay are expressing concern as well. Most of them probably couldn't survive or keep their properties with no income.
Then there's the concern about income and property taxes that fund state/county spending, and if that is paused, what happens with government spending if there's nothing left to spend.
The NY governor put a pause button on one section of society, but not on other areas, which is putting a lot of people in a tough spot.
The NY governor also mentioned that he expects that this "stay at home" order could last 2-4 months at least. While some people and businesses might be able to weather a couple weeks of no income, going 2-4 months is not going to end well for a lot of people here.
There are a lot of offers for low interest loans, but that really isn't going to help much with people who are already in debt.
So, things are a mess and anxiety is somewhat high in NY state right now. I'm sure other NYers can chime in as to where things stand for them or their communities.
I expect other states will do similar shut down scenarios soon like NY, CA, and IL when they see the number of positive cases rise in their states. Although that's kind of like closing the barn door after the horse has bolted.
Positive cases in NY are skyrocketing. A lot of people still aren't taking this seriously. They are using the time off to hang out, gather with family and friends, play contact sports. That is all the wrong thing to do. The point of social distancing/isolation is to put as much space as possible between you and other people so that you don't catch the virus from other people and so you don't spread it to others. Be aware that mail, packages, groceries, etc are not immune from carrying the virus, so handle and wash/disinfect all that stuff appropriately.
https://www.seattletimes.com/life/food-drink/how-should-you-best-wash-produce-a-guide-to-home-food-safety-tips-amid-the-coronavirus-pandemic/
Given the developing events, I would suggest everyone be smart about their spending try to save as much money as possible to try to stretch things out as long as possible. We might be shut down for longer than people think. It might be better to start limiting unnecessary spending now to avoid struggling later. I'm not trying to panic anyone, but especially for people who are not on solid financial footing and/or living paycheck to paycheck, they really should do this now as a precaution.

Review your spending. If you don't keep track of your spending, it's a good time to start doing that. Make a list--rent/mortgage, food, clothes, subscriptions, electric, heat, insurance, taxes, medical costs, etc.
Try to reduce spending, and cancel as many subscription services as possible. Magazines, premium cable channels, possibly even cable service altogether. Club and gym memberships. If you have multiple video streaming service subscriptions, maybe drop down to only one. If there are multiple levels for streaming services (like with netflix), maybe drop that down to a lesser plan. If your family is leasing more than one vehicle, maybe consider contacting the leasing company for relief, or possibly look into what it would take to end the lease early. Review your credit card statements to check what might be hitting your card if you don't know off the top of your head.
Keep in mind that if you're stuck at home, your electric, heat , and water bills might be increasing due to your increased usage, and the general increased demands on the electrical grid. So, try to conserve electricity by turning off anything not in use, unplug energy vampires, and lower the thermostat. Avoid using large appliances as much as possible (drier, oven, etc). Try to run large appliances during off-peak times when electric is cheaper. Try to conserve water. You will probably be flushing the toilet a lot more if you're home all day. Try to avoid the urge to run the dishwasher or washing machine more than necessary.
If you have car insurance renewals coming up, think about making changes to your coverage--you're probably not going to be going much of anywhere if you're staying home and just making runs to the grocery store. If you have more than one car, figure out which vehicle will be for primary use, and maybe drop coverage for the other(s).

Obviously, use your best judgement. These are just some suggestions and ideas I pulled off the top of my head. Some might work for you, some might not.

I might just stop paying my mortgage all together. What are they gonna do? Millions won’t be paying soon. More money for a nib pinball when recovery happens. Lol.

#755 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Well, I know what I'm going to be spending my afternoon searching the "Dark Web" for....
Thanks for sending me down this rabbit, or should I say... monkey hole.

I love that analogy. I heard it a different way.

A friend told me a story about a sales pitch back in the day, where him, the boss and the product manager pitched the C Suite of some company on their product. They hadn’t prepared well, didn’t read the room at all, and had a pretty bad experience.

The sales rep’s friend (who’d helped get them the opportunity) was in the room, and after the big wigs had left told him “you guys looked like three dogs trying to fuck a football”. That remains my definition for completely messing up a good opportunity. Makes me smile to this day.

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ANY public official who spent weeks and months downplaying the risks of Coronavirus is guilty of in incompetence and negligence at best, treason and murder at worse. Stop trying to excuse this nonsense away it’s disgusting.

Yeah and throw your mayor in there with that. He has shown a staggering degree of incompetence in how he has handled the outbreak in NYC. I read his advisors were begging him for days to close schools, restaurants, etc while he continued to make his daily journey to the YMCA for work outs and pretend it should be business as usual. He dragged his feet and New York has a major healthcare crisis in the making.

Meanwhile air traffic to and from the New York area has continued which has contributed to spread all over the eastern seaboard and country. 5-6 of the earliest cases here in Utah were from New Yorkers who came here for ski vacations. They contributed to the breakout in Park City which is a ski hub with a relatively small local population.

This isn't New Yorkers fault but to your point, it is on the feds who should have shut down air traffic from early hotzones like New York, Seatte, etc. 7-10 days ago along with Europe.

Of course, there is plenty of blame to go around there. Had they done that, NYC's mayor, governor, and other national politicians would have screamed bloody murder and politicized that issue as well.

What all of this has taught me is that even in the event of a legitimate national crisis where potentially thousands of lives and the economy is at stake, politicians on both sides of the aisle seem to prioritize political agendas and scoring points over the needs of the country. This contributes to gridlock and gets in the way of taking quick, decisive action that in this case could have made a big difference.

#757 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I might just stop paying my mortgage all together. What are they gonna do? Millions won’t be paying soon. More money for a nib pinball when recovery happens. Lol.

Great idea. Contribute to another banking crisis and depression

Unless you have no way of paying your mortgage this attitude is completely irresponsible. H
You borrowed the money and agreed to repay the loan. Do the right thing and honor your obligations.

#758 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yeah and throw your mayor in there with that. He has shown a staggering degree of incompetence in how he has handled the outbreak in NYC. I read his advisors were begging him for days to close schools, restaurants, etc while he continued to make his daily journey to the YMCA for work outs and pretend it should be business as usual. He dragged his feet and New York has a major healthcare crisis in the making.
Meanwhile air traffic to and from the New York area has continued which has contributed to spread all over the eastern seaboard and country. 5-6 of the earliest cases here in Utah were from New Yorkers who came here for ski vacations. They contributed to the breakout in Park City which is a ski hub with a relatively small local population.
This isn't New Yorkers fault but to your point, it is on the feds who should have shut down air traffic from early hotzones like New York, Seatte, etc. 7-10 days ago along with Europe.
Of course, there is plenty of blame to go around there. Had they done that, NYC's mayor, governor, and other national politicians would have screamed bloody murder and politicized that issue as well.
What all of this has taught me is that even in the event of a legitimate national crisis where potentially thousands of lives and the economy is at stake, politicians on both sides of the aisle seem to prioritize political agendas and scoring points over the needs of the country. This contributes to gridlock and gets in the way of taking quick, decisive action that in this case could have made a big difference.

And if the WHO grew a set of balls and declared it a pandemic when it actually was one back in late January early feb or if the cdc intervened and said wtf this is a pandemic and intervened we would be in a much different position.

These people are in high power positions to make tough decisions right or wrong...do it!

#759 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There was a rumor flying around near me that NJ and the rest of the country was going to be put on a military lock down. NJ governor just stated he knows about the rumor, it’s not true and that it came from foreign sources, specifically noting China and Iran. Be careful where you get your info, there are forces trying to start panics and destabilize things. Governor announced that many things that are essential will remain open, like grocery stores, liquor stores, pet stores, hardware stores, restaurants with takeout and other places. Hardly worth panicking over. If you have to go to those places that are open continue thinking about social distancing. Only place we are going to is grocery store and we are trying to do that no more than once every 10 days and only for essential items and we aren’t stockpiling.

why do people act on unfounded rumors? Why trust anything that doesn’t have a face and a history? Credibility. Reputation. Etc. why make decisions based on he said that she said that they heard that....This shit happens way too much. People should know better.

#760 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm going to give into a little bit of what seems to be happening with "stay at home" orders in NY. This is changing on a day-to-day basis, so what I typed up might be outdated in a few hours.
Yesterday (Friday), the NY governor announced a "stay at home" order for all non-essential businesses, which effectively shuts a lot of businesses down.
https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-signs-new-york-state-pause-executive-order
Some businesses are fortunate enough to have roughly a 30-day operating cost emergency fund in place, and are continuing to pay staff as long as possible, but many businesses don't have that cushion. So, depending on the type of business and how healthy it is, some people are still getting full pay, I've heard of a few cases where people are getting partial pay, and some people are getting no pay. A sick leave bill was working its way through the system, but I'm not quite sure where things stand with that. I've also heard of a few cases of people being in limbo with trying to apply for welfare. Employees who haven't officially been laid off, terminated, or fired don't seem to be able to actually apply for benefits. The term "zero hour schedule" has been thrown around for people still being listed as an employee, but not actually working or getting paid.
There's nothing in place yet for people who still have to pay rent & property taxes, other than a freeze on evictions. Foreclosures are still proceeding normally. There is supposedly a 90-day waiver on mortgage payments going into effect, but details are unclear at the moment--it appears to be some sort of postponement of payments for 90-days.
Some landlords are saying that renters (both business and residential) still have to pay full rent, some are saying they'll work with people on a case-by-case basis, some are offering reduced rent....there's really no plan in place right now, and a lot of people are concerned about financial ruin if they have no income to pay.
In the scenario where people simply stop paying rent under the eviction freeze, there doesn't appear to be plan in place for what happens after the freeze is lifted. There is concern about landlords hitting renters with a giant bill that they have to pay or face immediate eviction.
In turn, landlords who have mortgages and property taxes to pay are expressing concern as well. Most of them probably couldn't survive or keep their properties with no income.
Then there's the concern about income and property taxes that fund state/county spending, and if that is paused, what happens with government spending if there's nothing left to spend.
The NY governor put a pause button on one section of society, but not on other areas, which is putting a lot of people in a tough spot.
The NY governor also mentioned that he expects that this "stay at home" order could last 2-4 months at least. While some people and businesses might be able to weather a couple weeks of no income, going 2-4 months is not going to end well for a lot of people here.
There are a lot of offers for low interest loans, but that really isn't going to help much with people who are already in debt.
So, things are a mess and anxiety is somewhat high in NY state right now. I'm sure other NYers can chime in as to where things stand for them or their communities.
I expect other states will do similar shut down scenarios soon like NY, CA, and IL when they see the number of positive cases rise in their states. Although that's kind of like closing the barn door after the horse has bolted.
Positive cases in NY are skyrocketing. A lot of people still aren't taking this seriously. They are using the time off to hang out, gather with family and friends, play contact sports. That is all the wrong thing to do. The point of social distancing/isolation is to put as much space as possible between you and other people so that you don't catch the virus from other people and so you don't spread it to others. Be aware that mail, packages, groceries, etc are not immune from carrying the virus, so handle and wash/disinfect all that stuff appropriately.
https://www.seattletimes.com/life/food-drink/how-should-you-best-wash-produce-a-guide-to-home-food-safety-tips-amid-the-coronavirus-pandemic/
Given the developing events, I would suggest everyone be smart about their spending try to save as much money as possible to try to stretch things out as long as possible. We might be shut down for longer than people think. It might be better to start limiting unnecessary spending now to avoid struggling later. I'm not trying to panic anyone, but especially for people who are not on solid financial footing and/or living paycheck to paycheck, they really should do this now as a precaution.

Review your spending. If you don't keep track of your spending, it's a good time to start doing that. Make a list--rent/mortgage, food, clothes, subscriptions, electric, heat, insurance, taxes, medical costs, etc.
Try to reduce spending, and cancel as many subscription services as possible. Magazines, premium cable channels, possibly even cable service altogether. Club and gym memberships. If you have multiple video streaming service subscriptions, maybe drop down to only one. If there are multiple levels for streaming services (like with netflix), maybe drop that down to a lesser plan. If your family is leasing more than one vehicle, maybe consider contacting the leasing company for relief, or possibly look into what it would take to end the lease early. Review your credit card statements to check what might be hitting your card if you don't know off the top of your head.
Keep in mind that if you're stuck at home, your electric, heat , and water bills might be increasing due to your increased usage, and the general increased demands on the electrical grid. So, try to conserve electricity by turning off anything not in use, unplug energy vampires, and lower the thermostat. Avoid using large appliances as much as possible (drier, oven, etc). Try to run large appliances during off-peak times when electric is cheaper. Try to conserve water. You will probably be flushing the toilet a lot more if you're home all day. Try to avoid the urge to run the dishwasher or washing machine more than necessary.
If you have car insurance renewals coming up, think about making changes to your coverage--you're probably not going to be going much of anywhere if you're staying home and just making runs to the grocery store. If you have more than one car, figure out which vehicle will be for primary use, and maybe drop coverage for the other(s).

Obviously, use your best judgement. These are just some suggestions and ideas I pulled off the top of my head. Some might work for you, some might not.

This is why even though it sounds communist, I think if we are really going to proceed with shutting everything down we need to hit pause on everything. No bills, no job losses, no going out of business. Simply keep people alive with necessities until we work this out. Once we have a handle on it, bring it all back to the point before the pause. No penalties, no complicated red tape. Obviously this is a very high level idea with lots of little pieces to it that need addressed, but at this time people shouldn't be worried about these complex issues. The fear of 'what if' will lead to people doing bad things.

#761 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

right. Italy has a higher proportion of older people, 23% compared to 16% in the US. You’d expect Italy to have much higher deaths.

I wonder what their population of Gen Z Vapers is? This is going to be fascinating. The people who have been coating their lungs in oil and god knows what else for years now. Maybe they’ve been prepping for “Covad”? To show us Xers and Boomers how young and strong they are.

While coughing on our vegetables and spring breaking.

#762 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This is why even though it sounds communist, I think if we are really going to proceed with shutting everything down we need to hit pause on everything. No bills, no job losses, no going out of business. Simply keep people alive with necessities until we work this out. Once we have a handle on it, bring it all back to the point before the pause. No penalties, no complicated red tape. Obviously this is a very high level idea with lots of little pieces to it that need addressed, but at this time people shouldn't be worried about these complex issues. The fear of 'what if' will lead to people doing bad things.

As of today they are talking about pausing all mortgages, will see if it happens.

I do think if people can still pay they should to reduce the burden.

I have to add, if a world event like this can’t unify people we are really fucked. I actually find this to be the most upsetting thing about the whole situation.

#763 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

why do people act on unfounded rumors? Why trust anything that doesn’t have a face and a history? Credibility. Reputation. Etc. why make decisions based on he said that she said that they heard that....This shit happens way too much. People should know better.

Yeah, I got crap for that. Good thing I heard it from my brother in law, former Director of the National Guard! Yes, this is true.

#764 4 years ago

I wonder what their population of Gen Z Vapers is? This is going to be fascinating. The people who have been coating their lungs in oil and god knows what else for years now. Maybe they’ve been prepping for “Covad”? To show us Xers and Boomers how young and strong they are.

While coughing on or vegetables and spring breaking.

Europe smokes like a chimney yet.

#765 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Our mayor could Have done better, should have closed the bars and movie theaters a cooler said earlier. Our gov is doing a great job.

Both have acted
Like adults, and not gone out of their way to try to convince us it’s a hoax, or no big deal, or is well under control.

To do so would have been criminally negligent, and an act of near-treason. Anybody who did that for the months leading up to this deserves the blame for their actions and should be publicly shamed; actions like that are costing lives at this very moment.

#766 4 years ago

Should have happened 10 days ago along with Seattle. Would have blunted a lot of national spread and helped save some lives.

#767 4 years ago

Yeah, good luck with that. Also, stop being a prick. My wife works at a vape shop, and Gen Z is not even remotely close to being their biggest market. They're stupid in their own way, just like every other generation before them, but vaping hardly has anything to do with it. You going to tell me that cigarettes is better? I don't see you pissing on other smokers.

Oil? Only in your illegal weed cartridges, bud.

#768 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Our mayor could
Have done better. Our gov is doing a great job.
Both have acted
Like adults, and not gone out of their way to try to convince us it’s a hoax, or no big deal, or is well under control.
To do so would have been criminally negligent, and an act of near-treason. Anybody who did that for the months leading up to this deserves the blame for their actions.

Your mayor could have and should have done a lot better. He is largely responsible for the mess right now in NYC.

Acted like an adult? He ignored everyone around him for days begging him to close schools, etc while showing a blatant disregard for public health and showing a terrible example bu going to his favorite YMCA every day.

Sorry but you cant just point fingers at the feds and not look at the glaring incompetence and mistakes made at the local level by your mayor.
Both have made blunders but unfortunately those made by your mayor have have a much bigger impact on the current uncontained spread in your city than any other one person.

#769 4 years ago

For anyone wondering what happens during a drive-through coronavirus test:

#770 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I am going to partially disagree with you on some of this info. I was born in 1952. I grew up watching reruns of WW2 movies where everyone was a hero. Hollywood came to the rescue with all of these patriotic movies, such as John Wayne in the Fighting SeeBees, for example. Hollywood's Frank Capra was contracted to make all of these propaganda movies about how eager people were to enlist and serve. But this was after Pearl Harbor. Pearl Harbor is what galvanized the country into action because we had been attacked.
Before Pearl, FDR had to do all kinds of dancing around to help out Britain with the lend-lease program. Many, not all, people who had had their fill of WW I were not happy with the the thought of the U.S. getting caught up in another European war. Sedition was a problem. Also there were a lot of Jew haters in this country. America did not want to go to war. We can thank FDR for having the foresight to see what was coming and having the smarts to get some of his programs through Congress.
And we had the draft. Yeah, sure, you can read where a group of high school kids took off to join up. And we can read about the underage kids that lied so they could enlist, but a lot of people were reluctant to sign up. So, it took the draft, and a whole lot of Hollywood to turn many into the patriots we think they were. Not taking anything away from them, but there were a lot of reluctant heroes.
You go back and look at the newspapers of the day and it was pretty much business as usual. The factories were humming making war machines, Rosie was busy riveting, etc. But various and sundry items were still being sold sold. And the newspapers turned into geography instructors as battles in Europe took place.
Other than the rampant patriotism, I will agree with you on everything else.
No action was spared to get the American public involved and supporting the war. Propaganda posters were placed that vilified all Germans as the enemy. There was scrap metal drives for the housewives to give up their pots and pans to support the war. Ladies, save your bacon grease as it can be used in the production of ammunition.
Celebrities were employed to encourage patriotism. Celebrities in uniform were highlighted and the public was made aware of those celebs who were in uniform.
Bond drives were put on around the country, using celebrities, telling you to buy bonds to help with the war effort. The govt. did not need your help to finance the wary your buying of bonds. Instead, with all of the soldiers going overseas and the people left behind, who came out of the depression and found theirselves working 12 hours days suddenly had money to burn and not much to spend it on as most items were for war production. The primary purpose of the bond drives was to get money out of circulation in an effort to help keep consumers goods price in check.
So, on this side to WW2, it looks like a lot patriotism, and there was, after Pearl Harbor.
Oh yeah, oner other thing: Those guys who did go to war did go in to battle fighting for you here at home. That's poppycock. They were fighting for their buddies who were going into battle with them.

It can be argued that women and African Americans held the US manufacturing base together while the “greatest generation” was off fighting the war. When the boys got back home to reclaim their jobs, the people that held down the fort - quite well thank you - were thrown out on their ass. And then not allowed to buy property in good neighborhoods. All while we rebuilt Europe and Japan. This engenders deep socio-economic problems. And a couple generations later, after ongoing disenfranchisement, some have the audacity to call these people takers.

Well, we’ll see who becomes the engine of our rebuilt economy after Covid 19. A lot of potential candidates might not be allowed in any more.

#771 4 years ago

I think we can some up these posts as, The situation we are in, as good as it is, has been the responsibility of Government. Thank you Government.
The Situation as Bad as it is, is Not the Responsibility of the Govt, Blame someone else.
Pretty much covers it.

#772 4 years ago

My hot water heater blew today. As I walked into Home Depot I was amazed at all the middle aged people jammed into the paint area waiting to select their colors. None of them were allowing any personal space between them. How is this any better than the kids at the beach? People need to set their priorities a little better.

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Hey, what would Kentucky, Missouri, Mississippi, etc do without NY, CA, NJ, etc. funding there lifestyle?

Hey, where would Ca. get it's high fructose corn syrup if it wasn't for some of those midwestern states?

#774 4 years ago

Tournament players check your e-mails. I just got notice that a tournament we played at (I think Colorado) had someone test positive for Covid-19.

#775 4 years ago

Started a 1000 piece puzzle with the wife and kids.
This thing is BS as it says 10 years plus and we’re going to have it done in a few days.

4159D1DB-5900-438E-96E5-3E5FDDC79065 (resized).jpeg4159D1DB-5900-438E-96E5-3E5FDDC79065 (resized).jpeg
#776 4 years ago

#777 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It is a fact that the WHO took for f’ing ever to declare a pandemic when it fit the criteria of a pandemic for several weeks prior to being lableled such.
On a different note, everyone was up in arms about the war powers act not being fully implemented.
It is happening folks, GM is no longer producing at the moment..they are building ventilators as we speak. Many other industries are rapidly being repurposed in the short term as well.

Is this right? How do you go from making cars to making ventilators in a car factory so fast? Ventilators I’d guess need an extremely sterile environment and I think they are precision instruments. Might take a while to get setup, but I don’t really know and you might be right.

#778 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Your mayor could have and should have done a lot better. He is largely responsible for the mess right now in NYC.
Acted like an adult? He ignored everyone around him for days begging him to close schools, etc while showing a blatant disregard for public health and showing a terrible example bu going to his favorite YMCA every day.
Sorry but you cant just point fingers at the feds and not look at the glaring incompetence and mistakes made at the local level by your mayor.
Both have made blunders but unfortunately those made by your mayor have have a much bigger impact on the current uncontained spread in your city than any other one person.

Lol like I give a shit about the mayor. I don’t.

Was nice of him not to not go on TV and lie to us every day for weeks, though, and tell us all it was no big deal, and was all a media plot to hurt him.

Pretty low baseline I know but even that seems to be higher than many have.

#779 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:Let's clear up one misperception about the WHO and CDC testing. The US did not turn down tests because it was never offered them. From the CNN article below:
"No discussions occurred between WHO and the CDC about providing tests to the United States, WHO spokesperson Tarik Jasarevic told CNN on Tuesday, and WHO did not offer coronavirus tests to the CDC."
If you dig into the article and others, it appears that the US did single thread for waiting for the CDC test, which the first one was flawed. This created delays and combined with other redtape, is the reason we are behind in testing. It's ok to be upset about testing, but lets make sure that we have facts straight.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/health/who-coronavirus-tests-cdc/index.html

A supreme leader is above red tape.

#780 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Started a 1000 piece puzzle with the wife and kids.
This thing is BS as it says 10 years plus and we’re going to have it done in a few days.[quoted image]

Try a 6000 piece, I started this 3years ago.
If I do have to self isolate at least I'll have something to do

15848294985451054571300548752527 (resized).jpg15848294985451054571300548752527 (resized).jpg
#781 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

......and History gets rewritten.....
BTW, What is the official story as to why Germany did not offer US the tests?

I read that the CDC decided they wanted to develop their own tests that could not only test but for coronavirus but rule out similar symptom diseases like influenza, etc at the same time.

The test failed and cost us valuable time. This combined with the misguided CDC plan to centralize and control testing (not allowing private labs to offer their own tests) for only those that met certain criteria has proven disasterous.

#782 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

They did as theirs was the one adopted by the WHO. The CDC decided they wanted to develop their own tests that could not only test but for coronavirus but rule out similar symptom diseases like influenza, etc at the same time.
The test failed and cost us valuable time. This combined with the misguided CDC plan to centralize and control testing (not allowing private labs to offer their own tests) for only those that met certain criteria has proven disasterous.

So do you draw a paycheck from Fox News or are you providing us with this constant nonsense and history rewriting for free?

I don’t think it’s gonna work. In the end most
People will remember who sold
Out our entire country just to score some points with his base.

#783 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It is a fact that the WHO took for f’ing ever to declare a pandemic when it fit the criteria of a pandemic for several weeks prior to being lableled such.
On a different note, everyone was up in arms about the war powers act not being fully implemented.
It is happening folks, GM is no longer producing at the moment..they are building ventilators as we speak. Many other industries are rapidly being repurposed in the short term as well.

Supreme leaders know something is a pandemic before people declare it a pandemic.

#784 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Isn’t it MORE outrageous that the POTUS would say anything like this? Target your pearl clutching elsewhere please. We all know what he said.
Point is....at rally...saying bs, instead of being in 911 blinking red light alert mode because his intelligence agency told him a potentially deadly pathogen was coming.
Could have been preparing Country, but, nope.

Did he call it a hoax specifically on Feb 28th? Not really, but he did say the media/democrats criticisms of his coronavirus response was 'their new hoax'. Then told everyone at the South Carolina rally what a great job his administration had done on it. Then told them about Big Flu Numbers (that no one had ever heard of) and contrasted them with small coronavirus numbers. If you were at that rally in South Carolina, you definitely did not go home worried about coronavirus. You very likely thought it was overblown media hysteria. And you might have thought the virus itself to be a hoax. Later that week you have MSM consumed with Coronavirus coverage and Fox/Conservative Radio telling you it's the same virus that causes the common cold and no big deal.

In the background of all this - the CDC created a test on 1/24 and the FDA took 10 days to approve it. CDC ships tests around the country around 2/6. Slowly figures out the tests don't work and finally loosens rules about who can create and use a new test by the 28th. FDA and CDC spent 6 weeks or so in a bed shitting contest and completely blow any advantage to be gained in early and wide testing - and many other countries did not blow this opportunity.

China travel ban happens on feb 3rd, that's a really great thing in theory - but we already had cases on both coasts at the time and US citizens could still return from China. They had 14 day 'self-monitored' quarantining period if they had no symptoms at the airport health screenings upon arrival. And no way to test in February.

In case you guys think I left anyone out - WHO and China also shit the bed on this. China for the attempted cover up and WHO for not calling BS on China early enough.

#785 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Tournament players check your e-mails. I just got notice that a tournament we played at (I think Colorado) had someone test positive for Covid-19.

And so it begins...

#787 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m not even sure what you are trying to say. Whatever you are trying to say, perhaps you should use proper grammar before attempting to insult people?

#788 4 years ago

That will be super, especially if one of the antivirals under clinical trial right now shows promise. Some of them need to be administered early to be effective, similar to Tamiflu and the flu.

#789 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So do you draw a paycheck from Fox News or are you providing us with this constant nonsense and history rewriting for free?

Tell where I'm wrong on your mayor? I didn't hear it from Fox News and have hardly watched FOX at all during this crisis.

I'm tired of both parties and have not been happy myself with how Trump has handled this. Increasingly, I consider myself an independent.

You on the other hand clearly are a partisan. It appears you can only see the mistakes made by a Republican administration while completing ignoring and refusing to acknowledge the egregious blunders of NYC's mayor and politicians at the local and state level.

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

This should be a sticky IMO. Good post Forceflow.

#791 4 years ago

People like to make themselves feel important. One of the idiots spewing this garbage said they had friend in the DoD they got the info from. Made me laugh and cry at the same time. There’s another woman on fbook who heard a specific blood type wasn’t susceptible to the virus and she was saying how happy she was because her family was that blood type. Stupid and selfish. Sometimes I wonder how some people get through life.

#792 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Is this right? How do you go from making cars to making ventilators in a car factory so fast? Ventilators I’d guess need an extremely sterile environment and I think they are precision instruments. Might take a while to get setup, but I don’t really know and you might be right.

It was reported today, with the help of another company and I assume a ventilator mfg.

#793 4 years ago

This shit stresses me out.

C6481A88-0429-4D0A-90C3-D2069B455338 (resized).jpegC6481A88-0429-4D0A-90C3-D2069B455338 (resized).jpeg
#794 4 years ago

Supreme leaders know something is a pandemic before people declare it a pandemic.

Well just about every world leader missed the mark on this one then so not sure what your point is there.

Shit Biden can’t remember what state he is in or what year it is half the time...I sure as hell don’t trust that guy with my life.

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

For anyone wondering what happens during a drive-through coronavirus test:

Does he change his gloves between patients?

They look taped on? He must disinfect them or have another pair on over the taped gloves?

Seems like a way to pick up the virus if you don't already have it?

#796 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Does he change his gloves between patients?
They look taped on? He must disinfect them or have another pair on over the taped gloves?
Seems like a way to pick up the virus if you don't already have it?

Just remember what Joe Pesci says about the drive thru.

#797 4 years ago

All I know is no matter what parties president is in power when you are put to shame by South Korea in your pandemic response and the economy tanks you are most likely not getting re-elected.

#798 4 years ago

I don’t see a lot of value in rehashing how we got here over and over. There will be time for a post-mortem after we get through this. There’s definitely no danger of someone making a mistake and not getting noticed. This is honestly the best time to say the hell with politics for a couple of months, let’s support each other, and that includes the leaders we may really dislike.

If there’s any good news right now, it’s that we are ALL taking this seriously now, on a bipartisan basis. It’s not a left vs. right thing any more, it’s responsible vs. irresponsible.

#799 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

All I know is no matter what parties president is in power when you are put to shame by South Korea in your pandemic response and the economy tanks you are most likely not getting re-elected.

As much as I think that should be the case...something tells me that's not going to matter. Additionally, let's assume this keeps going on to the end of the year, will the elections still happen? Probably, but scary to think about given some comments that have been made over the last few years. Is the country really going to want to change administration right in the middle of a crisis?

Let's just hope we get this under control as quickly as possible.

#800 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

COuld you post the note?

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/16?hl=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.