272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 576.
#8351 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I've been working on and off on this one for nearly 2 years.
I'm working 7 days a week now, so even less time to complete it.
Just had a look at other 6000 piece puzzles and they were ridiculous prizes![quoted image]

Why stop at 6000 when you can get the 40000 piece puzzle for $800 on Amazon?

Looks like there's also a couple 51300 piece ones.

610lL7PlLhL._AC_SL1024_ (resized).jpg610lL7PlLhL._AC_SL1024_ (resized).jpg

#8352 4 years ago

Tell me this.

China has a population of 1.3 billion. The US has a population of 327 million.

Why do we suck so bad when compared to a country that has 4 times our population?

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 1.25.44 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-07 at 1.25.44 PM (resized).png

#8353 4 years ago

The mother of my daughter, who she still lives with, fell ill last week.

Taken to an urgent care on Thursday, she was tested and diagnosed with the flu and sent home with Tylenol. Saturday she was admitted to the hospital, and although test results not back as of yesterday, they are treating it like Covid-19. She is on a ventilator suffering multiple organ failure and the prognosis is not good. They are not expecting her to make it. The have her on dialysis as well hoping for the best.

She had some underlying heath issues over the last few years that have made her susceptible. My daughter has no symptoms.

#8354 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

On a positive note, MLB is looking to get clearance to start play only in Arizona in May. All teams will be quarantined from the public, no fans in the stands. Might work if they can assure no one has coronavirus when they enter the compound.

They are going to get really good ratings if they pull this off. There is no competition and we are all missing something to watch.

#8355 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Taken to an urgent care on Thursday, she was tested and diagnosed with the flu and sent home with Tylenol. Saturday she was admitted to the hospital, and although test results not back as of yesterday, they are treating it like Covid-19. She is on a ventilator suffering multiple organ failure and the prognosis is not good. They are not expecting her to make it. The have her on dialysis as well hoping for the best.
She had some underlying heath issues over the last few years that have made her susceptible. My daughter has no symptoms.

Sorry, man.

#8356 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Tell me this.
Why do we suck so bad when compared to a country that has 4 times our population?
[quoted image]

Because they are lying about their numbers by flat out NOT reporting them.

#8357 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Ya, if you believe China...I have a Great Wall to sell you.

#8358 4 years ago

Thanks man. It's a fucked up deal in more ways than one that I will not get into.

But she is getting the best care she can right now in a quality hospital.

#8359 4 years ago

Damn. Sorry OD.

#8360 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Tell me this.
[quoted image]

2 reasons.
China has a better control over the population and news propaganda. They were able to FULLY lockdown in the affected area relatively quickly.

China lies about their numbers.

#8361 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

China lies about their numbers.

Probably, but our numbers are likely way off as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/04/05/us/coronavirus-deaths-undercount.amp.html

#8362 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

By how much do you or anyone think they are under reporting? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands? More?

#8363 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

By how much do you or anyone think they are under reporting? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands? More?

More

#8364 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

By how much do you or anyone think they are under reporting?

CIA is on it but we’re not supposed to trust our intelligence agencies these days...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/us/politics/cia-coronavirus-china.amp.html

#8365 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

There's no way to know for sure, but considering it started there, they have a huge country that is densely populated, and they have been forcing workers to go to work...i would guess there are hundreds of thousands of more cases they aren't reporting.

#8366 4 years ago

Voting is going well in Wisconsin today....

SMH

voting (resized).jpgvoting (resized).jpg

#8367 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So sorry to hear brother.

#8368 4 years ago

I've seen reports the numbers are 10-40x higher than reported.

#8369 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

She is on a ventilator suffering multiple organ failure and the prognosis is not good. They are not expecting her to make it. The have her on dialysis as well hoping for the best.

Well shit, sorry to hear that o-din. Hope they can make her comfortable at least.

#8370 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Where are you seeing these reports? Got a link, please?

#8371 4 years ago

Peak prosperity, medcram and Dr John Campbell

#8372 4 years ago

I have never ignored pinsiders at a faster rate than this thread.

And my faith in America has never been more challenged. It isn't as much the lies spread from above... it's the percentage of the population that stubbornly believes them and ignores ALL scientific fact.

There is only one other country I have lived in that behaved the same way: Kenya. Where you could show up with scientific evidence to explain AIDS and why one should use condoms and people would still visit the village elder and follow his/her advice. And obviously the result is not so good.

I always knocked on China for believing the propaganda but aren't we actually worse? We have theoretical freedom of the press... and people believe horseshit anyway.

I am so befuddled.

#8373 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:Where are you seeing these reports? Got a link, please?

I thought that was the new policy in this thread? No?

#8374 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

And my faith in America has never been more challenged. It isn't as much the lies spread from above... it's the percentage of the population that stubbornly believes them and ignores ALL scientific fact.

Even scarier is that the one thing these folks are good at is voting, which imperils the lives of the rest of us who do believe in science.

#8375 4 years ago

1,000,000 cases world wide.
Today is a record-shattering day for deaths in France and USA. Heartbreaking. I really thought the last 3 days saw the tide beginning to turn.

#8376 4 years ago

By basic logic, the numbers 100% have to be higher than those reported, a lot higher. Our province is considered to be one of the most vigilant in testing, and we're still completely unsure of actual numbers. The numbers are an educated guess.

I'm not a conspiracy nut, but I do see it as the government's best interest to lie. They will keep lying and bumping the date of "return to normal" to keep panic at a low. We will continue to see extensions in the self isolation recommendations. There is probably only one leader that actually thought it would go away pretty quick.

China has a history of posturing ("nothing wrong over here") for ages, so they are definitely lying about their numbers.

One thing most scientists agree on, from what I've read, is that herd immunity is only possible with a minimum of 50% (most likely 80%) getting the virus. This is why we're trying to flatten the curve. Most of us are going to get it unless a vaccine comes very soon, and it's going to take a long time for this to get through a population that is isolating.

My best guess, from a guy who took one undergraduate statistics course lol, is that social isolation will go on until at least July at best and December at worst.

The countries that let their elderly die will be done with this much quicker. I've heard 3-4 months and it's pretty much gone, along with Grandpa Charlie and Grandma Sue.

#8377 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This entire thread is turning into a Facebook page.
I get to read about your cooking, your puzzles, your booze, baseball, etc.
I think I'll go put a sheet of cookies in the oven. They should be ready in 20 minutes.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

Don’t forget all the cat pics...

The cookies are done. And boy, they sure are good. Sweetie Pie twitches her tail in approval

cbbe825ae0f5a5a936fe2c014dcd0945a4801def (resized).jpgcbbe825ae0f5a5a936fe2c014dcd0945a4801def (resized).jpg
-------------------------

My Ebay package just arrived. So between playing pinball, working on pinball, and eating cookies, this evening I think I will add some Jim Beam to some 7UP, kick back, shut my pie hole, and pretend I am getting my ass chewed by none but the best.

IMG_3350 (resized).JPGIMG_3350 (resized).JPG

#8378 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Everywhere , including the usa. They are all off.

#8379 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Tell me this.
[quoted image]

The population of France is 67 million to USA's 327 million.
France has 10,328 deaths, USA just 12,275
so to your point, 1) per capita isn't the best measure here and 2) no on really believes China's numbers but we have bigger problems now

#8380 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

I have never ignored pinsiders at a faster rate than this thread.
There is only one other country I have lived in that behaved the same way: Kenya. Where you could show up with scientific evidence to explain AIDS and why one should use condoms and people would still visit the village elder and follow his/her advice. And obviously the result is not so good.
I always knocked on China for believing the propaganda but aren't we actually worse? We have theoretical freedom of the press... and people believe horseshit anyway.
I am so befuddled.

You have been watching too much Sean Hanity.

#8381 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Well shit, sorry to hear that o-din.

You aren't the only one. I just found out yesterday. Sometimes communicating with young adult children can be very difficult.

#8382 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

You just can’t help yourself from getting your digs in and criticizing our President. You really have mastered the art of walking the line, it is impressive. However, these types of comments add no value and in my opinion are no different in meaning as the comments made by those Pinsiders that got permanent thread ejections. You offer many valid arguments and I have grown to appreciate your opinion, but please stop with all these unnecessary comments.

Look on the bright side, I have no more room for error. I’ve got so many zingers saved up that I can’t use here, I’m thinking about opening an online store and selling bumper stickers, coffe mugs and and t-shirts! And jigsaw puzzles!

And why didn’t Levi get an @?

#8383 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Look on the bright side, I have no more room for error. I’ve got so many zingers saved up that I can’t use here, I’m thinking about opening an online store and selling bumper stickers, coffe mugs and and t-shirts! And jigsaw puzzles!
And why didn’t Levi get an @?

Did I hear you say Joe Izuzu for president? It sounds like something you would say

#8384 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You aren't the only one. I just found out yesterday. Sometimes communicating with young adult children can be very difficult.

I have a pretty open dialogue with my pre/teens, but I'm sure my most challenging days lie ahead.

I hope you and your daughter can find comfort in each other through this time. If the worst happens perhaps you can plant another avocado tree.

#8385 4 years ago

Today we are having crispy Brussel sprouts with bacon and marinated chicken breast cutlets

3D4855AC-0A5D-4FBF-A45D-1473C0750FA9 (resized).jpeg3D4855AC-0A5D-4FBF-A45D-1473C0750FA9 (resized).jpeg
#8386 4 years ago

Preliminary breakdown of comorbidities in NY Covid-19 deaths is posted:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/04/07/new-york-coronavirus-deaths-data-shows-most-had-underlying-illnesses/2960151001/

Key takeaways:

The statistics released late Monday offered the latest glimpse into how the rapidly spreading virus has impacted New York and made it the epicenter for COVID-19 in the nation.

Of the 4,758 deaths in New York since the first on March 14, 61% were men and 39% were women, the state Department of Health reportedon its new data portal.

In addition, 63% of the deaths were among those age 70 and older, while 7% of the cases were those 49 and younger.

And 4,089 of those who died had at least one other chronic disease, the records showed:

The leading underlying illness was hypertension, which showed up in 55% of the deaths.

Next was diabetes, which was diagnosed in 1,755 deaths, or about 37% of the cases.

Other top illnesses found in those who died from coronavirus were hyperlipidemia; coronary artery disease; renal disease and dementia.

#8387 4 years ago

This doesn’t seem like a good idea. Trump is removing the Inspector General who is overseeing how the 2 Trillion gets spent. And on a positive note, the Navy Secretary who criticized the captain that blew the whistle on the COVID cases on the USS Roosevelt offered his resignation.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-abruptly-removes-inspector-general-named-oversee-2t/story?id=70024680&cid=clicksource_4380645_4_heads_hero_live_twopack_hed

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/07/thomas-modly-coronavirus-speech-resign-navy-172625

#8388 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

If it is in fact true that you are immune once the virus has run its course on you; then couldn't the survivors/immune return to work covering as many essential jobs as possible?

I may be wrong but I believe there are different strains of the virus. I’m sure the Doc has the answer!

#8389 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Today we are having crispy Brussel sprouts with bacon and marinated chicken breast cutlets[quoted image]

I want to thank you for showing pics of your Blackstone grill, I had never seen one before this thread.

After watching some youtube videos of it, I'm contemplating going to Wal-mart to get a 28" one in the middle of a pandemic lol.

#8390 4 years ago

My 'OPINIONs' on China:

1) much higher population density that U.S.

2) larger population living in poverty (i.e. difficult to isolate)

3) media even more biased (being state run) that in the U.S.

I don't believe for one moment our numbers are higher than theirs. Like was said a moment ago, statistical improbability.

#8391 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

fuck!

#8392 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

I want to thank you for showing pics of your Blackstone grill, I had never seen one before this thread.
After watching some youtube videos of it, I'm contemplating going to Wal-mart to get a 28" one in the middle of a pandemic lol.

I did store pickup, that way I didn’t have to go into Wally World

#8393 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So sorry, hang in there!

#8394 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Stay strong, and I hope for the best!!

#8395 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I did store pickup, that way I didn’t have to go into Wally World

Mine isn't giving me the option for ISPU

It is sold out online so it doesn't let me add it to cart

Tried to go this morning but the line up to get in wrapped around the entire building.

#8396 4 years ago

Based on the data we are seeing, individuals till roughly age 50 with no underlying health conditions are not likely to die from the virus.

Can they get sick, yes, and it can be rough.....

However, you will be more likely to die from falling down the stairs in your house or heck, driving to Costco, than you are from the virus.

1. Individuals over 50 and those with chronic health conditions need to isolate from everyone for the foreseeable future.

2. Everyone else should avoid contact with anyone over 50 and those with chronic health conditions.

3. Those under 50 and without chronic heath conditions should keep the wheels turning, keep the economy going, let the herd build immunity, and slowly get things back to normal.

As an individual with a chronic health condition my family and I will continue to isolate till an effective vaccine is available. This is going to suck for us who have to isolate but that is just the cards that we were dealt.

Isolate the vulnerable but free the herd and we will get through this.

#8397 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Tell me this.
[quoted image]

I honestly don’t think we suck. Sure, we have had missteps like all countries preparing for this, but the main issue with what you are seeing is that China’s numbers are highly suspect. This has been covered at various points throughout this thread. I don’t think we will ever know the “real” numbers in China, but I’m sure down the road we will have a better idea of what really happened there.

#8398 4 years ago

Yes, there is nothing I can do. Or either of her children now. Except hope, pray, and wait.

This shit gets real when it hits close to home.

Thanks everybody!

#8399 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So sorry to hear.

#8400 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

I am so befuddled

This is the new world we’re living in now. Some people don’t need facts, all that maters is how they feel.
“I feel fine, I’m going out.” “I don’t feel this is a threat.” “I don’t feel like wearing a mask.”

I was always told. Never argue with an idiot; they’ll beat you down to their level, then they’ll beat you with years of experience.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm not a conspiracy nut, but I do see it as the government's best interest to lie. They will keep lying and bumping the date of "return to normal" to keep panic at a low.

Someone else the other day used the analogy of a frog in boiling water. If you drop a frog into boiling water it will panic. If you place him in warm water and slowly raise the temperature, he will sit there until boiled.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/168 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.