Topic Stats

• 21,395 posts
  • 517 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,079 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DCBC2F8F-CA84-4DDB-ACD6-1E40DF12C84F (resized).jpeg
20210121_121739.jpg
20210121_121719.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Dentalchair_a (resized).png
ADEF9814-41EB-4103-A43B-2BB7443A3537 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210118-233900~2 (resized).png
victoria (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 7.33.30 AM (resized).png
Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
20210116_224325 (resized).jpg
20210116_224251 (resized).jpg
20210116_124545 (resized).jpg
E83B3B92-61CB-4D19-89B8-27605BD16F17 (resized).jpeg
AAA4A17D-1C6A-4489-AB08-FDF9811493D3.gif
Capture d’écran 2021-01-15 à 13.49.41 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

140 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21395 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 428.
#8151 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They need to put padlocks on these church doors, just like they did with bathhouses during the AIDS crisis.

You bring up a good point.

Remember the anti homosexual sentiment that came with the spread of HIV?

I wonder how this is going to affect future church numbers when it become obvious their tithes or more needed then their lives.

#8152 9 months ago
Quoted from FYMF:

So funny. First video Ibhave ever sent to like 20 people in my life.
For everyone else, please enjoy the latest masterpiece by lock picking lawyer:

Well thanks for that, just watched it with my wife. Lol....

#8153 9 months ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Lovely. Now we won’t be able to get groceries without waiting in a line outside. Really? How about everyone just stays 6’ away from me. Better yet, 20’? I’m not a big fan of masks for everyone, but I’d succumb to the idea to squelch this idea. Now I won’t want to go to the grocery. What’s next?

The limits are in place so there's enough room to keep your desired 6' away from each other. If they let too many people in the store, it's harder to maintain safe distances. Believe it or not, there are smart people setting these policies...

#8154 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They need to put padlocks on these church doors, just like they did with bathhouses during the AIDS crisis.

Careful, I made an analogy between this and Ryan White, and was challenged by a few here..

#8155 9 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

The limits are in place so there's enough room to keep your desired 6' away from each other. If they let too many people in the store, it's harder to maintain safe distances. Believe it or not, there are smart people setting these policies...

Really? So we can stand in line, 3’ from each other while people with the snot nosed kids cough and sneeze around me? Right, make sense. Thanks for clarifying.

#8156 9 months ago

Pin Jim is still in my will for fifty

#8157 9 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Pin Jim is still in my will for fifty

We have to get to 1M first. We’ll get there. Lol.

#8158 9 months ago
Quoted from FYMF:

You bring up a good point.
Remember the anti homosexual sentiment that came with the spread of HIV?
I wonder how this is going to affect future church numbers when it become obvious their tithes or more needed then their lives.

Just point out that the first of the 4 horses is pestilence and wears a corona, then decode the beast as Caesar (government), point to the people who worship the state and have atheism as their religion, point to bat soup, fire everyone up, and pass the plate. Throw in some ID2020 vaccination chip for good measure.

#8159 9 months ago

I went to the park today. There are signs EVERYWHERE. All the people I saw seemed to be honoring the 6ft+ mandate, however. I hope they continue. I don't want the park closed.

#8160 9 months ago

Seems like folks already did that no?

#8161 9 months ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Had to postpone picking her up by a few days but again... worth it.

You might need 2 insurance policies for that Ampicar. Your auto insurance company may not cover the car when it is being used as a boat.

#8163 9 months ago
Quoted from FYMF:

So funny. First video Ibhave ever sent to like 20 people in my life.
For everyone else, please enjoy the latest masterpiece by lock picking lawyer:

they should show this to every kid in high school.

#8165 9 months ago

This was a park in China 2 days ago.

2F002ED8-883B-4D41-93A3-28953B51B3A9 (resized).jpeg
#8166 9 months ago
Quoted from Darcy:

You might need 2 insurance policies for that Ampicar. Your auto insurance company may not cover the car when it is being used as a boat.</blockquote

Collectors paying $50K-100K will have them well insured.
Cute fun little cars but sadly not very good as a car or boat.
50 years ago there one parked not far from where I lived.
Then late in 1990s I saw one in North Port MI, Later to be seen on top of a yacht in Frankfort MI

#8167 9 months ago

For all you cat owners.
"Cats can be infected with the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, and can spread it to other cats"
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00984-8

#8169 9 months ago

I hope something comes of it but I think everyone is jumping the gun a bit much with the whole announcing potential cures and tests things. Everyone wants to be 'the first'. Bleach for example kills lots of things, but there's a reason we don't inject or ingest it.

#8170 9 months ago

Quarantine has really showed me you don't need to have fun to have alcohol.

#8171 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I hope something comes of it but I think everyone is jumping the gun a bit much with the whole announcing potential cures and tests things. Everyone wants to be 'the first'. Bleach for example kills lots of things, but there's a reason we don't drink or ingest it.

yeah for these things we have to really wait for heavily vetted reliable sources. Fingers crossed

#8172 9 months ago
Quoted from PinJim:

https://www.wdrb.com/news/kroger-to-limit-number-of-customers-in-stores-beginning-tuesday/article_c513cd5c-7843-11ea-95b5-d348cedb190a.html
Lovely. Now we won’t be able to get groceries without waiting in a line outside. Really? How about everyone just stays 6’ away from me. Better yet, 20’? I’m not a big fan of masks for everyone, but I’d succumb to the idea to squelch this idea. Now I won’t want to go to the grocery. What’s next?
I’m growing a garden and setting live traps....

They started this last week at a grocery store chain here. They are limiting it to 100 customers to the store. The lines are minimal to nothing because some people just go in for a few items. The other two chains in town don’t have this problem because their prices are so high. It makes it next to nothing for foot traffic in there with the limit. Home Depot is limiting to 100 per store as well. I placed an order online so I could get in and out. There was no line there. Walmart is looking to do one way traffic.

#8173 9 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Apparently Wisconsin thinks it's a good idea for people to wait in lines and vote tomorrow. And the majority of people that vote in person are the more at risk population. My State is dumb!
https://madison.com/ct/news/local/govt-and-politics/wisconsin-election-on-for-tuesday-after-supreme-court-blocks-gov-tony-evers-order/article_6148e88e-842b-58ba-8179-6450b77df950.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_madison.com

This state is really fucking dumb. All the poll workers bailed (understandably) so city staff have to fill the void. I get to work tomorrow at the polling location from 6:30am to 8:30pm. 14 hours in a gym built in the 30s with no HVAC. Should be a prime breeding ground for an outbreak. Super stoked.

#8174 9 months ago
dark (resized).jpg
#8175 9 months ago

747063_1 (resized).jpg

#8176 9 months ago

A potential coronavirus vaccine funded by Bill Gates is set to begin testing in people, with the first patient expected to get it today
https://www.businessinsider.com/inovio-coronavirus-vaccine-trial-starts-in-philadelphia-kansas-city-2020-4

#8177 9 months ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

This state is really fucking dumb. All the poll workers bailed (understandably) so city staff have to fill the void. I get to work tomorrow at the polling location from 6:30am to 8:30pm. 14 hours in a gym built in the 30s with no HVAC. Should be a prime breeding ground for an outbreak. Super stoked.

I know they're short an estimated 7000 poll workers across the State and places like Milwaukee are going from having 180 polling places to less than a dozen. With the health risks and worker shortage it's completely asinine for this election to go on as scheduled, especially when you can postpone a couple of months and not face these obstacles. Stay safe my friend!

#8178 9 months ago

LA doctor: COVID-19 patients go from 'very ill' to 'symptom-free' in 8 to 12 hours using hydroxychloroquine and zinc
https://www.theblaze.com/news/la-doctor-hydroxychloroquine-zinc-coronavirus?utm

#8179 9 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

especially when you can postpone a couple of months and not face these obstacles

That's the kick in the nuts for me. There are zero repercussions for delaying this thing a bit.

I do appreciate the irony that the Wisconsin Supreme Court made this decision today in a VIRTUAL session..... Hmmmmmmm.....

#8180 9 months ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

That's the kick in the nuts for me. There are zero repercussions for delaying this thing a bit.
I do appreciate the irony that the Wisconsin Supreme Court made this decision today in a VIRTUAL session..... Hmmmmmmm.....

This is the perfect situation where voting by mail would have been an ideal solution. Just mail everyone a ballot and have them put a stamp on it and return it. But no, we can't do things the safe or easy way! Gotta send Grandma and Grandpa out to risk life and death to vote....

#8181 9 months ago
Screenshot_20200406-220827~2 (resized).png
#8182 9 months ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Really? So we can stand in line, 3’ from each other while people with the snot nosed kids cough and sneeze around me? Right, make sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Around me they’ve gone to limiting 50 ppl max in grocery stores, plexiglass sneeze guards set up at check outs, hand wash stations, sanitizer, wipe down of cart handles etc. 6’ spacing (Marks on the floor) at check out in a separated line which is pretty easy to abide by when you have a cart.

The issue arises when you’re in the aisles though, it’s impossible to maintain 6’ when you have 2 or more people in an aisle and one wants to pass the other. Walmart tried to mitigate this by marking the aisles as one ways, but no one was following the signs yesterday when I went. Good idea in theory, but no one to enforce it. Also the online order pickers are in all the aisles with their huge picking carts blocking half the aisle.

Costco recently put in a limit of 2 ppl shopping per card because families were taking their kids to do Costco runs and wasting max capacity in store lol.

#8183 9 months ago

Here’s some good news. The logarithmic chart shows new cases in USA trending down (still increasing, but at a lower rate). Maybe social distancing is working. This could also just be due to testing variability, but I’ll take it.
823FA672-68C8-4963-9B9D-D56065014455 (resized).jpeg

#8184 9 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

LA doctor: COVID-19 patients go from 'very ill' to 'symptom-free' in 8 to 12 hours using hydroxychloroquine and zinc

I hope that hydroxychloroquine turns out to be helpful but I can't figure out why there are a small number of doctors seeking out news outlets to tout this drug. I suspect it's being used in most hospitals across the nation right now in a compassionate use allowance. I can say for a fact it is being used in hospitals here in Texas for COVID-19 patients.

If it was a miracle drug and cured everyone like these people are saying the word would be out by now. Maybe it will be shown to help some patients but usually doctors are very reluctant to jump on a drug without good data to back them up.

I just don't get it.

#8185 9 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

It's probably fair to note that TheBlaze is not a Wikipedia-deemed reliable news source and anything there should be taken with deep scientific skepticism.
I want it to be true but anecdotal evidence won't be enough to make it a real medical solution.

EDIT: what pinball_gizzard said!

#8186 9 months ago

I was so bored today I re did a few edge connectors on wms67

#8187 9 months ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Around me they’ve gone to limiting 50 ppl max in grocery stores, plexiglass sneeze guards set up at check outs, hand wash stations, sanitizer, wipe down of cart handles etc. 6’ spacing (Marks on the floor) at check out in a separated line which is pretty easy to abide by when you have a cart.
The issue arises when you’re in the aisles though, it’s impossible to maintain 6’ when you have 2 or more people in an aisle and one wants to pass the other. Walmart tried to mitigate this by marking the aisles as one ways, but no one was following the signs yesterday when I went. Good idea in theory, but no one to enforce it. Also the online order pickers are in all the aisles with their huge picking carts blocking half the aisle.
Costco recently put in a limit of 2 ppl shopping per card because families were taking their kids to do Costco runs and wasting max capacity in store lol.

Costco shouldn't be letting anyone even in their stores. In fact nobody should be going into a store. Everything delivered out to a car or to your house, no human interaction. Keep people safe (evidently from themselves a lot of the time). It would be better for workers and shoppers. Plus give some more people a job.

#8188 9 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

A potential coronavirus vaccine funded by Bill Gates is set to begin testing in people, with the first patient expected to get it today
https://www.businessinsider.com/inovio-coronavirus-vaccine-trial-starts-in-philadelphia-kansas-city-2020-4?fbclid=IwAR1h63RfTTlErr7p33GbJDJzwzlg2ApMjRaK5gt1ARluul6FjVsyIF_Nk0M

While I was goofing around in response to the weird HIV comment above, nevertheless there is a huge religious hurdle to clear for people to accept such a thing. It's just like the Book of Apocalypse said, man wants to tag people's right hand and only with the mark will you be allowed to buy and sell. https://id2020.org/ ΧΞϛ

#8189 9 months ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Their line should have marks six feet apart and folks should follow them. The couple stores I've seen with lines are doing just that.

#8190 9 months ago
Quoted from Tubes:

It's just like the Book of Apocalypse said, man wants to tag people's right hand and only with the mark will you be allowed to buy and sell.

I learned all about that from Iron Maiden's third album.

#8191 9 months ago
Quoted from SunnRAT:

I learned all about that from Iron Maiden's third album.

I rock the acoustic tune while I read the Apocalypse in the original Koine.

#8192 9 months ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Costco shouldn't be letting anyone even in their stores. In fact nobody should be going into a store. Everything delivered out to a car or to your house, no human interaction. Keep people safe (evidently from themselves a lot of the time). It would be better for workers and shoppers. Plus give some more people a job.

Agreed with you there if they were able to do curb side pickup in a reasonable time frame, but right now local grocery stores have pick ups 7-10 days out...

They switched hardware stores to pick up only on the weekend and one of the largest national hardware stores (Canadian tire) had their website crash due to volume. This morning it went to a page that says call your local store to place an order... but looks like it’s back up now.

Every retail store is closed to walk ins here, only online ordering and curb side pick up remain. Grocery, pharmacies and alcohol stores are the only things that remain open for retail walk ins.

I wanted to pick up a Blackstone griddle from Walmart but because the stock is low I can’t place the order for pick up... argh...

#8193 9 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

It's probably fair to note that TheBlaze is not a Wikipedia-deemed reliable news source and anything there should be taken with deep scientific skepticism.
I want it to be true but anecdotal evidence won't be enough to make it a real medical solution.
EDIT: what pinball_gizzard said!

The Blaze....I suppose even a stopped clock is right twice a day, but I wouldn’t bet my life on anything they are selling without significant additional research.

#8194 9 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:

The Blaze....I suppose even a stopped clock is right twice a day, but I wouldn’t bet my life on anything they are selling without significant additional research.

Remember that The Fortean Times from the UK is a valid Wikipedia reference. This is where Karl Pilkington got his research about ghosts, aliens, and shadows wot push girls off their bikes.

#8195 9 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I went to the park today. There are signs EVERYWHERE. All the people I saw seemed to be honoring the 6ft+ mandate, however. I hope they continue. I don't want the park closed.

Saint Louis county closed all of their Parks as well as Missouri State Parks in the county. People were not maintaining distances. Because of this our subdivision is also closing our Park. That being said stencils and spray paint are a royal pain in the ass and the results are poor.

IMG_20200406_233641388 (resized).jpg
#8196 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Gizzard:

I can say for a fact it is being used in hospitals here in Texas for COVID-19 patients.

I think were all hoping for the best and I was disappointed to find out today that Didier Raoult's study in France was not a control group. That's how I first became aware of it.
Do you have any sense of its success/failure rate in Texas?

#8197 9 months ago

For a bit of levity, cyclones play field is in and looks wonderful. That is very cool to see the pinball in the subway with the clear inserts. More pinball machines should be doing this.
IMG_20200406_233709862 (resized).jpg

#8198 9 months ago

Some positive news from Allstate and American Family Insurance. Maybe some other companies will feel the pressure to jump on the bandwagon.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/06/828187071/some-auto-insurers-are-sending-refunds-to-customers-as-crash-rate-falls

#8199 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I think were all hoping for the best and I was disappointed to find out today that Didier Raoult's study in France was not a control group. That's how I first became aware of it.
Do you have any sense of its success/failure rate in Texas?

I don't think it's medically ethical to have a hypothesis like "this drug can save the lives of the ill" and also have a control group.

#8200 9 months ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

For a bit of levity, cyclones play field is in and looks wonderful. That is very cool to see the pinball in the subway with the clear inserts. More pinball machines should be doing this.
[quoted image]

Such a rad pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Williamson Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 11.95
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 21395 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 428.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside