272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 576.
#8051 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My neighbors have been enjoying my musical interludes every day around 4pm.

Mine too! That about when I rip into my Cheap Trick power pop superset on 11: Surrender, into I Want You to Want Me and the Dream Police closer.

I never realized how cool the harmonic movement in Dream Police is. Such a well crafted tune. Pure pop perfection.

#8052 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Germany seems to be doin alright as well

Finland has been saving shit since before WWII. Most other countries got rid of their historic wartime/war prep stockpiles years ago. But not Finland.

#8053 3 years ago

I always thought of unions as one of the pillars of society. The others being corporations and governments. They each work as checks and balances against each other. Not really needed in a covid thread.

I’m indifferent. I had one friend who went through some hard personal times. His union helped him keep his job. I have a different friend that is part of a union that is being run very poorly financially and ethicality! He started looking for work outside the union right before this mess all started.

#8054 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I always thought of unions as one of the pillars of society. The others being corporations and governments. They each work as checks and balances against each other. Not really needed in a covid thread.
I’m indifferent. I had one friend who went through some hard personal times. His union helped him keep his job. I have a different friend that is part of a union that is being run very poorly financially and ethicality! He started looking for work outside the union right before this mess all started.

Don’t forget a free press!

#8055 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Don’t forget a free press!

Good call.

#8056 3 years ago

Fantasy omelet with cheddar cheese... to go.

DSCN6759 (resized).JPGDSCN6759 (resized).JPG
#8057 3 years ago

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been moved into the ICU....

#8058 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Fantasy omelet with cheddar cheese... to go.[quoted image]

Looks great! Morning sleepyhead!

#8059 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been moved into the ICU....

He’s high risk. I’m sure he’s getting the best care available, but even that might not be enough.

#8061 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Looks great! Morning sleepyhead!

$10 and a slight wait in the drive thru. For a few dimes more they will top it with avocado.

#8062 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

$10 and a slight wait in the drive thru. For a few dimes more they will top it with avocado.

I have decided to create my own backyard diner.
E35F5E8E-4CAA-45EF-881C-0967EF5DFAA6 (resized).jpegE35F5E8E-4CAA-45EF-881C-0967EF5DFAA6 (resized).jpeg

#8063 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I have decide to create my own backyard diner.[quoted image]

those onions are looking goooood

#8064 3 years ago

Save the bread. Stack em high!

#8065 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

We (the mods) are currently discussing that VERY thing

If you Mods are going to unionize, I hope you hold out for better pay.

#8066 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I have decide to create my own backyard diner.

Looks good. It's pouring rain here so that will have to wait until mañana.

Love this sleeping until whenever I like with no alarm radio waking me up. Just means I can stay in the garage all the longer until ungodly hours of the night or morning. I have gone through the first case of Jack. Hope the other two will hold me...

#8067 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

He’s high risk. I’m sure he’s getting the best care available, but even that might not be enough.

How would he be classified as high risk?
Only 55, nonsmoker, no (known) underlying health issues, regularly cycles, and almost certainly has access to the best medical care and advice available.

If that isnt a wake up call that it can infect, and cause serious issues, to anyone - I don't know what is.

#8068 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I have decide to create my own backyard diner.[quoted image]

Dammit I love cheeseburgers with toasted buns. And those carmelized onions to top it off. Now I want one of those.

#8069 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

How would he be classified as high risk?

Never seen his medical records, but in terms of behavior:

“ Boris Johnson said he was shaking hands with coronavirus patients just weeks before he tested positive for Covid-19. The prime minister confirmed he had entered self-isolation on Friday 27 March. Early this month, he insisted that people would be 'pleased to know' that the virus would not stop him greeting hospital patients with a handshake”

#8070 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Dammit I love cheeseburgers with toasted buns. And those carmelized onions to top it off. Now I want one of those.

I’ll do a daily what’s on the griddle, the more you cook on them the better they get, and they aren’t expensive.

#8071 3 years ago

At least you have something between the meat and that propane.

#8072 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Never seen his medical records, but in terms of behavior:
“ Boris Johnson said he was shaking hands with coronavirus patients just weeks before he tested positive for Covid-19. The prime minister confirmed he had entered self-isolation on Friday 27 March. Early this month, he insisted that people would be 'pleased to know' that the virus would not stop him greeting hospital patients with a handshake”

He is overweight and has high BP. That's high risk. If he takes an ace inhibitor for the BP, that also is potentially a problem.

#8073 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

If he takes an ace inhibitor for the BP, that also is potentially a problem.

Don't take an ace inhibitor if you are allergic to ace inhibitor.

#8074 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I have decided to create my own backyard diner.
[quoted image]

Wish I were closer!

#8075 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

He is overweight and has high BP. That's high risk. If he takes an ace inhibitor for the BP, that also is potentially a problem.

Like half the western world sorry it's only 39%

#8076 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Like half the western world

When they did the hospital in Italy tour, I sure saw a lot of big bellies sticking up.

#8078 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Just watched 60 Minutes. Per an interviewee, credit cards are deferring 90 days. The auto loan holder says FU!

Credit cards don't have much choice. People will declare bankruptcy. Cars, OTOH, on a relative scale, are easy to repossess.

#8079 3 years ago

“A typical hospital morgue might hold 15 bodies. Those are now all full. So OCME has sent out 80 refrigerated trailers to hospitals around the city. Each trailer can hold 100 bodies. These are now mostly full too. Some hospitals have had to add a 2nd or even a 3rd trailer,”

#8080 3 years ago

Yeah but this is all overblown right? It’s just the “flue”.

#8081 3 years ago

Smear campaign in full effect.

You guys aren’t gonna be happy until Dr Drew or some other unqualified moron is in charge.

#8082 3 years ago

That is contingency planning being sensationalized by media.

Its not happening.... (yet)

#8083 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

That makes sense at first glance, but the problem is that the supply-chain is international. You start blocking stuff leaving, other companies will stop sending stuff in. This is not my opinion, these were in the briefings provided by 3M. They clearly warned that protectionist export policies will result in a net reduction in available supplies in the USA.

Where do you think 3M gets the pulp from to make the masks - Canada - plus a number of other items - I get it we all have to protect our best interests but with the global supply chains the way they are and the interconnection that we all have as North Americans like or not we are in it together. I know if it was the other way around we as Canadians would not be doing this but I guess that's why Canada is loved worldwide more so than our southern neighbours

#8084 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

So OCME has sent out 80 refrigerated trailers to hospitals around the city. Each trailer can hold 100 bodies.

Watching Soylent Green and Omega Man kinda reminded me of the scene going on there now.

We gotta watch the original I Am Legend, The Last Man on Earth from 1964 next.

#8085 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That is contingency planning being sensationalized by media.
Its not happening.... (yet)

Yeah the problem is the death curve lags about 10 days behind the case curve. That’s why the Surgeon General is saying this week will be terrible in terms of deaths.

In positive news, yesterday’s total new cases was lower than Saturday’s. Tough to know if that’s because of a weekend lag in test processing, a prior spike in apparent cases due to higher testing, a real decrease in new cases or just an anomaly. Have to watch the next few days.

#8086 3 years ago
q (resized).jpgq (resized).jpg
#8087 3 years ago

I love Omega Man..closer to the source material than the Will smith Remake....though the original Novel takes place in South Central LA.....and (spoiler alert)
makes it clear that the real villain is the one guy killing all of the mutants.....

#8088 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I love Omega Man..closer to the source material than the Will smith Remake...

I've watched The Last Man on Earth from 1964, and it is surprisingly brutal.

#8089 3 years ago

While we are going down the rabbit hole of bad apocalypse movies....

“A boy and his dog”

#8090 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“A boy and his dog”

We are the cult of that movie.

"Farm immediately, and may god have mercy on his soul"

#8091 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys aren’t gonna be happy until Dr Drew or some other unqualified moron is in charge.

No, goes to show how things have changed over time with the pandemic.

#8092 3 years ago

Yes Eh - they are all baffons for not getting it right and sitting on their hands BUTT I have to say in this category here again USA USA your #1

WE can all judge the fallout and do a post mortem of the whole slow response and lack of listening to the experts that were correct in their assessments. Once that's done give the final judgement as any good democracy at the ballot box.

#8093 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I generally like Dr. Drew, but yea he was way off on this one.

#8094 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I keep hearing about "a light at the end of the tunnel."
I just watched that PBS Vietnam doc...leaders of France and the US said that exact phrase many times over the course of that 20-year war. Just stuck with me so a little disconcerting to see it being thrown around lately.

I read Lee Iacoca's book years ago where he talked about his trials and tribulations of running Ford Motor Company.

He said, "Every time I thought I saw light at the end of the tunnel, is was just another train coming to get me".

#8095 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I read Lee Iacoca's book years ago where he talked about his trials and tribulations of running Ford Motor Company.
He said, "Every time I thought I saw light at the end of the tunnel, is was just another train coming to get me".

That sums it up.

I’ll believe there’s an end to the Tunnel when we are out of the tunnel.

Until then it’s just more Of the same happy talk horseshit based on nothing.

#8096 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Almost like the daily “briefings” aren’t about the virus at all...developing

#8097 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That sums it up.
I’ll believe there’s an end to the Tunnel when we are out of the tunnel.

Lets just hope the light that certain poeple keep talking about isn't the train- these guys are no Nostradamus

#8098 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

makes it clear that the real villain is the one guy killing all of the mutants

WAIT WHAT

#8099 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I reached out to him to make sure he was ok. He responded accusatorily asking why his thread was shut down. I responded and asked again if he was doing alright, and he continued asking about the thread.
I am 99.9% sure he is completely fine.
He deactivated his account right after.

He was a good Pinsider

#8100 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I generally like Dr. Drew, but yea he was way off on this one.

Wow, I didn’t realize the stance he took and how very wrong he was. This is the kind of thing that will seriously jeopardize his TV career.

I tend to err on the side of caution in my career and in life. If I’m wrong about the trajectory of coronavirus and it’s LESS bad than I think it will be, great! Hundreds of thousands of people stay healthy. Hooray! If you’re cavalier about this thing and you’re wrong, especially if you are a media personality like Dr. Drew, then you have to live with the possibility that some people got sick or died because of your mistake. That’s a horrible thing to consider.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/162 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.