272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 576.
#7901 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

It felt so odd listening to her when she didn't mention all of the news organizations or other politicians by name that were out to get her...because that's so important right now.

She also didn't tell us how amazing everything is and how tremendous everybody working for her is and how everybody is doing the best job and how can't you just picture yourself behind the wheel of this amazing car you look so great in it and the financing? It's a dream!!! This car will change your life, frankly!!

#7902 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Unless you’re an elite pro athlete or someone with a highly desirable professional skill set, I’m not sure I follow you. Unions mostly protect workers that don’t have a lot of leverage in negotiations. And are probably more easily replaceable. Of course there are highly skilled workers in unions as well.

even pro athletes have representation that negotiate their contracts

#7903 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What ever do you mean.
Our kings speech yesterday was awe inspiring: "Don't believe the medical experts, they know nothing, I have common sense and if I thought I needed a mask I'd wear one".

Umm....that's not what he said.

#7904 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not an ounce of non-truth in it.

#7905 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

even pro athletes have representation that negotiate their contracts

Correct.

When they didn't, they all had second jobs during the offseason at gas stations and the like.

#7906 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

It felt so odd listening to her when she didn't mention all of the news organizations or other politicians by name that were out to get her...because that's so important right now.

Yeah, and she didn't even mention how popular she is on Facebook, like WTF, why leave out the important stuff?

#7907 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I’m tired of being cooped up....I’m ready to get infected and see where this shit takes me. If I live, then the fear is gone. If I die, well, it was gonna get me eventually anyways.[quoted image]

I will admit I have recently had similar thoughts about giving up. Or that I could sneak out for one high risk activity and the odds would be in my favor. "Hey, I've had the flu before and survived. No biggie" ... I try to get those thoughts out of my head.

But it goes beyond my individual personal risk. I don't want to spread the virus during incubation when I feel healthy and asymptomatic. I also don't want to become a burden to our medical facility's or possibly infecting hospital staff or first responders.
And most importantly, I want to be available to loved ones if they get sick or have an emergency need. That's when I'll risk exposure.

But I hear ya, man and I'm glad you posted. I'm getting a little squirrely too.

#7908 4 years ago

Sat it out for 4400 posts, will I still be threatened 12 times with banning if I respond to the naked and aggressive political statements above? Last time was for pointing it out on page 1, pointing out political statements and hypocrisy is political.

Thought a separate thread was going to be made where people could respond to communists and anti-American statements? Didn't see it on the list of important topics. Otherwuse continue to say whatever you want on one side and mass report any who beat you in your flimsy arguments.

#7909 4 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

Sat it out for 4400 posts, will I still be threatened 12 times with banning

How can you complain about a place where you are "threatened 12 times with banning" and still aren't banned?

Unless you are making a joke about INDISC?

#7910 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Man the Queens speech this weekend made me very jealous that we don't have someone who could communicate like that here in the US. So calming...

Whatever country you're here spying for forgot to inculcate in you the necessity to always appear hostile to regency by divine right. You're supposed to be American, remember? Back to re-education, Agent.

#7911 4 years ago

We need a Pinside filter that converts the political rhetoric to the sound of Charlie Browns teacher. That's what I hear in my head anyway.

#7912 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How can you complain about a place where you are "threatened 12 times with banning" and still aren't banned?

Why is what I say banned but if the other side says it to weaken the nation they're applauded? Every time they think they weaken the nation, what is this prohibition

#7913 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

11276DF6-9F5D-4BC8-8080-97968AE7E1BC (resized).jpeg11276DF6-9F5D-4BC8-8080-97968AE7E1BC (resized).jpeg
#7914 4 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Here’s the key..If I’m not being treated fairly, why wouldn’t I have a professional conversation to bring up my issues. I would never threaten to walk or quit like that.
In one of my previous corporate jobs, it was mentioned in passing that we would get new compensation for our new roles. It was about 2 years later and nothing ever came of it. I felt after 2 years I proved myself in the role. I did my homework and wrote a nice email to my boss asking for a salary adjustment. They ultimately gave me double what I was asking for.
How many people would have had the guts to ask? And for those who did, how many would have gotten double?

I would like to buy you for what you're worth and sell you for what you think you're worth.

#7915 4 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

Why is what I say banned but if the other side says it to weaken the nation they're applauded? Every time they think they weaken the nation, what is this prohibition

Trying to figure out where you get 'weaken the nation' out of anything that's being said. From either side of the conversation. Sounds like rhetoric. In case you hadn't noticed, the nation is pretty weak right now, and it isn't because of anything being said here.

#7916 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Trying to figure out where you get 'weaken the nation' out of anything that's being said. From either side of the conversation. Sounds like rhetoric.

From anti drinking propaganda during prohibition

#7917 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm getting a little squirrely too.

You don't have to look for a crowd to find the middle ground and get out of the house for a bit...

I have a family of four in a decent size house with a nice side lot, but even so, cabin fever is real. So I've made it a point to at least once a week, take everyone some kind of relaxed errand nearby that's socially distant for an hour or two. A countryside drive en route to a distant store pickup two weeks ago. This past weekend, we went to a relatively remote garden center where we saw like 3 other people (at a distance!) the whole time. Contrasted against the situation where I thought of something I needed from Lowe's and when I saw the crowd and line, decided "Er, I don't need it that badly".

I also indulge one trip out to a local brewpub for takeout hotdogs once a week. My kids ride along in the car and stand by while I watch the same folks I've supported for over a year, prepare the food, behind a takeout window.

So don't do anything dumb, but find a way to change the scenery and breathe the air, enjoy lighter traffic, and support local business where we still can. Once a week. If you have kids, discuss the "changed world" in view around them and parse the issues, etc. Or not, if you're really just trying to get an escape. Still gotta take care of ourselves and each other, but there's still a cautious middle ground available to stretch out a bit.

But man, I hear you on cabin fever. It was beautiful outside yesterday and I *never* saw so many people outside doing yardwork. Like, holy shit, I have neighbors?!? All up and down the street?!? HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN A THING?!

#7918 4 years ago

If I had a fat pile of hydroxychloroquine sulfate right now and a sensitive scales I'd cut out the best prophylactic and treatment doses...just to shine everyone on though. I'm immune as I've always maintained. Now they've got a test, I can button lips and sink some ships.

#7919 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Too bad there is no legislation there, because every example I read here seems highlight how easy it is for companies disregard their employees. It used to be you could be proud working for certain companies and think they cared for your life, but time and time again, they'll show they don't care about the workers, and it's all just about profit and NOT about sustaining community and families. And that once again underscores why labour needs to organize.
And so it's no surprise to hear all the stories of companies staying open and forcing their staff to work, regardless of Coronavirus risk.

You can’t seem to let this whole union debate go...so I’ll join in once again keeping politics out of this. I want you to compare how a union railroad is treating its employees compared to a non-union railroad.

This was written by BillySastard and his experiences working for a UNION railroad...

“I'll say this as a union member myself. There's only so much the union can do in this situation. You can take your grievance about working in close proximity situations, but there's nothing beyond that they can do. The other day my local chairman was told to go home because he refused to work with three guys in the cab of a locomotive. There will definitely be formal charges brought up against him for insubordination, which could mean termination for him.
I work for a Canadian based railroad and interact with Canadian union members and their unions are so much stronger than the U.S.
I just got the phone call yesterday that I'm being forced to work in Chicago, a known hot spot. I have to go through a month of training there where there will be 3 or 4 guys in a locomotive cab. I can either work, quit, or take a leave of absence. Guess I'm taking the LOA and eating ketchup sandwiches for a while.“

I posted this yesterday and is my experience working for a NON-UNION railroad and how they are handling COVID-19...

They have been very proactive with this entire situation. They have eliminated all 3-man crews with all trains limited to 2-man crews. The extra guys created from this are now rotated while still earning at least a 40 hour per week paycheck. Start times are staggered so there is no more than one crew in the yard office at a time. Also, the trainmasters are no longer reporting to the yard office. They work from home and on-site in their company vehicle. We have strict orders to sanitize inside the cab of the locomotive with bleach water solution and alcohol wipes before and after our shift. We are also soon to be going to assigned locomotives. Each crew will have their own locomotives that only they will use. One of our conductors came to work a week or so ago with a cough, they immediately sent him home for at least 2 weeks with pay and he is not to came back until he is 100% healthy and cleared by a doctor.

Also of note, even though we are non-union our retirement is still the same exact phenomenal railroad retirement that union railroads have. I pay into the Railroad Retirement Board NOT Social Security like all other railroads. Our pay is also on par with union railroads after you factor in the absence of union dues and quality of life. All of our other benefits are VERY good. Finally, ALL of our employees have set schedules that can change annually based on the job bid process. We have NO “extra board” and our guys are NOT on call. The extra guys under normal circumstances work either with other crews or fill in for vacations. Unfortunately, all railroads have to continue operating as they are a critical part of the supply chain.

@cait001, which railroad would you rather work for?

#7920 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm saying look, pardner, I know it's fashionable to hate Trump, but it's not even close to as entertaining as Trump. It's just one side being all mad like the way they see things should be self-evident. When the other side isn't allowed to respond, that's all you get. Just a bunch of people finding unfunny ways to talk about the funny thing Trump just did.

So if politics is on let it be on so the other side can actually be funny. Or stuff the "orange man said x now" gobshite nonsense.

#7921 4 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

I'm saying look, pardner, I know it's fashionable to hate Trump, but it's not even close to as entertaining as Trump. It's just one side being all mad like the way they see things should be self-evident. When the other side isn't allowed to respond, that's all you get. Just a bunch of people finding unfunny ways to talk about the funny thing Trump just did.
So if politics is on let it be on so the other side can actually be funny. Or stuff the "orange man said x now" gobshite nonsense.

Or, you can believe the experts, and not the guy pretending to be one. But, you do you.

#7922 4 years ago

Maskless reporters asking why he doesn’t wear a mask.

Reporters who condemned the initial ban on travel from China as hysterical racism, now asking, “do you have blood on your hands for not doing it sooner”

A governor with the highest body count being lauded for doing a great job and now might replace a senile front runner.

This country would be much better served with a mature press corp, not the bunch of political operatives masquerading as journalists.

Bad news for the haters...his re-election is now guaranteed.

#7923 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

[quoted image]

That drug Trump spoke of is hydroxychloroquine. It's already FDA approved and has been used safely for many years. And it's being used in clinical trials right now with FDA approval.
https://www.ecowatch.com/fda-coronavirus-malaria-drugs-2645615157.html

#7924 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That drug he spoke of is hydroxychloroquine. It's already FDA approved and has been used safely for many years. And it's being used in clinical trials right now with FDA approval.

The first Covid-19 positive case in my city recovered thanks to that drug. By all accounts she would have surely died if not for that. I posted about it last week.

#7925 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Or, you can believe the experts, and not the guy pretending to be one. But, you do you.

Which expert? Dr. Drew got crucified for reporting everything accurately as it changed. Then Fauci changed the severity and Pinsky is in hiding with his family over death threats.

Now Fauci is gonna get done, backpedaling hard. Says we can't listen to models, no such thing as numbers.

#7926 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

The first Covid-19 positive case in my city recovered thanks to that drug. I posted about it last week.

It's not even as effective as the non-hydroxygenated molecule that Trump also mentioned. He always knew this thing worked, he can read French when it's translated.

The genius is knowing how hard people will resist when it's so effective.

#7927 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

You don't have to look for a crowd to find the middle ground and get out of the house for a bit...
I have a family of four in a decent size house with a nice side lot, but even so, cabin fever is real. So I've made it a point to at least once a week, take everyone some kind of relaxed errand nearby that's socially distant for an hour or two. A countryside drive en route to a distant store pickup two weeks ago. This past weekend, we went to a relatively remote garden center where we saw like 3 other people (at a distance!) the whole time. Contrasted against the situation where I thought of something I needed from Lowe's and when I saw the crowd and line, decided "Er, I don't need it that badly".
I also indulge one trip out to a local brewpub for takeout hotdogs once a week. My kids ride along in the car and stand by while I watch the same folks I've supported for over a year, prepare the food, behind a takeout window.
So don't do anything dumb, but find a way to change the scenery and breathe the air, enjoy lighter traffic, and support local business where we still can. Once a week. If you have kids, discuss the "changed world" in view around them and parse the issues, etc. Or not, if you're really just trying to get an escape. Still gotta take care of ourselves and each other, but there's still a cautious middle ground available to stretch out a bit.
But man, I hear you on cabin fever. It was beautiful outside yesterday and I *never* saw so many people outside doing yardwork. Like, holy shit, I have neighbors?!? All up and down the street?!? HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN A THING?!

I appreciate your thoughts but I have my coping skills too. Trust me, I'm not going Ted Kaczynski here.

#7928 4 years ago

This is turning into a cash grab fiasco...the $2.2T stimulus package is already turning into a shit storm with Pelosi wanting to add layers of oversight on where the money is going to go. Congress already has finance oversight and ethics oversight Committees that will watch it. But, hey! Add another layer for more investigations and partisan bull shit.

The talk is now for the second stimulus to be a huge investment in infrastructure like roads and bridges. WTF does that have to do with PPE for our healthcare workers?

Now, HHS is using money from the first stimulus to pay for non-covid care for uninsured patients.

These politicians are all assholes and do t give a rats ass about any of us, as long as they and their cronies get their piece of the pie. They love seeing all the jokers arguing about their side of the aisle, like everyone does on this thread. Because while we are all arguing who’s right and who’s wrong, they are stealing from all of us. They love to turn everything into an ‘us vs. then’ emotional tirade, then sit back and enjoy the show in their big house and private jets.

Ridiculous!

DDB0C256-8B0F-414C-921F-B9952DD58EBC (resized).jpegDDB0C256-8B0F-414C-921F-B9952DD58EBC (resized).jpeg
#7929 4 years ago

Everytime an asshat gets permabanned a new asshat takes his place. Ugh.

#7930 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

New thread rules from the moderation team:
Due to the high number of moderation warnings happening in this thread, we are initiating a new moderation warning policy for this thread starting from this point forward.
If you receive a total of 3 moderation warnings, you will be ejected from this thread for no less than 1 week. If you currently have more than a total of 5 warnings, any additional warnings from this point forward will result in a permanent thread ejection. We will reserve the right to adjust things according to the situation, but don't expect special treatment.
If you try to post in other threads or start a new thread about the cornoravius situation after being ejected from this thread, your posting privileges will be further restricted.
We understand that these are uncertain times, and experiencing this is a little scary. We understand stress and anxiety are high. We understand some of you might be restless or stir crazy. But please, try to follow the forum rules and the rules set forth in the first post of this thread.
We don't enjoy excluding people from a discussion, especially concerning something of this magnitude. However, we will if it helps keep the thread on-track and trouble free.
Stay safe and stay well, everyone. Please make good decisions, not only in this thread, but out there in the real world as well. Try to be understanding and lenient with your friends, family, and neighbors. They are probably feeling similar to the way that you are.

Monday’s are tough around here.

#7931 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Everytime an asshat gets permabanned a new asshat takes his place. Ugh.

But eventually we may ALL get banned, problem solved?

#7932 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That drug he spoke of is hydroxychloroquine. It's already FDA approved and has been used safely for many years. And it's being used in clinical trials right now with FDA approval.

True, but it is a drug with potentially serious side effects that needs to be prescribed and monitored by medical professionals. Also it is in clinical trials as a treatment not as a preventative.

The impression given last night was that it is more like taking vitamin c supplements to ward off a common cold. Which is not at all how this drug is intended to be used.

#7933 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

True, but it is a drug with potentially serious side effects that needs to be prescribed and monitored by medical professionals. Also it is in clinical trials as a treatment not as a preventative.
The impression given last night was that it is more like taking vitamin c supplements to ward off a common cold. Which is not at all how this drug is intended to be used.

Yea, no one is saying it won't work. It's in trials for a reason. Someone just wants to push it through for personal reasons.

#7934 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

are we allowed to cut-and-paste transcripts of daily coronavirus briefings of the POTUS here or is that considered politics? Because if I'm allowed to post transcripts, hoooooo boy

#7935 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You guys can stress out all you want but when it’s over soon we are going back to normal.

I really wish this were true. Unfortunately, this will be a flashpoint event for everyone in their lives.

There will forever be a "before" and "after" from this point on with regard to this.

#7936 4 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

Otherwuse continue to say whatever you want on one side and mass report any who beat you in your flimsy arguments.

thank you for adding to this important topic

#7937 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That drug Trump spoke of is hydroxychloroquine. It's already FDA approved and has been used safely for many years. And it's being used in clinical trials right now with FDA approval.

Fda approved for label usage NOT as a prophylactic for novel corona.

“ Key background: Trump said Sunday that the Food and Drug Administration has approved hydroxychloroquine. However, the F.D.A. has not approved it, or any drug for that matter, to treat COVID-19”

“ hydroxychloroquine has been green-lighted by the F.D.A. to treat rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.”

#7938 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

are we allowed to cut-and-paste transcripts of daily coronavirus briefings of the POTUS here or is that considered politics? Because if I'm allowed to post transcripts, hoooooo boy

If you post facts without personal comments, then how could it be a violation?

#7939 4 years ago

I’m bored, I’m going out to torch a few of these evil 5G towers.

#7940 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If you post facts without personal comments, then how could it be a violation?

That’s totally zen man.

#7941 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That drug Trump spoke of is hydroxychloroquine. It's already FDA approved and has been used safely for many years.

As per FDA: "There are no FDA approved medical countermeasures for COVID-19"
As per reporter pool, "The FDA gave it a limited emergency used authorization", which is VERY DIFFERENT than approval.
It has been used safely for years, for entirely different things.
Please people, listen to medical professionals and not gameshow hosts on this issue.

#7942 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m bored, I’m going out to torch a few of these evil 5G towers.

Probably my favorite post in this thread was a guy saying “I’m not a tin foil hat type, but is there a chance that 5G towers are causing Coronavirus ?”

#7943 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Probably my favorite post in this thread was a guy saying “I’m not a tin foil hat type, but is there a chance that 5G towers are causing Coronavirus ?”

Woody Harrelson says so, so it has to be true.

#7944 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Fda approved for label usage NOT as a prophylactic for novel corona.
“ Key background: Trump said Sunday that the Food and Drug Administration has approved hydroxychloroquine. However, the F.D.A. has not approved it, or any drug for that matter, to treat COVID-19”
“ hydroxychloroquine has been green-lighted by the F.D.A. to treat rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.”

Off label use, with doctor approval is used all of the time and with many, many different drugs. The FDA allows it.
Hydroxychloroquine is another tool with possibilities and notable disease experts are the ones that discovered its use here. Not some politician. There are people in crisis right now who cannot wait a year and a half for a vaccine.

#7945 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Family member has rheumatoid arthritis. She had trouble getting her prescription filled 10 days ago. She explained to me that with R/A these drugs can normally take months for it to get her "on track". She was having issues 2 months ago, and is still struggling. But for people with lupus it's much worse. It can take them much longer to get to their normal if they miss their dosages. It's sad to see how this affects my sister, yet all she talks about is how awful this is for lupus patients.

#7946 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm of the mind that peoples memories are short and stubborn. Once this is all over, it won't take long for things to pick back up. I do think that there's going to be a side ways glance paranoia regarding people coughing or sneezing near anyone for some time.

I agree regarding amusement parks. I live very close to Disney and Knotts. You want to see a recovery just watch Disney. Right now I bet they are laying golden eggs.

Cedar fair will also, I believe recover easily I am putting my money right there I am a Knotts dweller. I used to go atleast once per week for rehab.

#7947 4 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

Which expert? Dr. Drew got crucified for reporting everything accurately as it changed.

Dr. Drew got pilloried for repeating lies and endangering millions for months after the rest of the world knew better. No need to defend the grifters, we have them all on tape. If someone wants to be respected as a health professional they can't spend months ignoring the medical research. Drew made his choice.

#7948 4 years ago

I talk to staff there like they are my family I realize.

I grew up going cedar point in the 80s. Then they bought Knotts out here in Cali where I migrated. I think I went every single year in the 80s decade. Atleast once per per year.

I digress.

#7949 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I agree! Hostess used to make a sweet ding dong. Now it's 2/3 of its size and very little cream. I want a big ding dong with lots of cream!

There’s a bakery in Houston Texas that makes a Ding Dong cake. Tastes just like the real thing and plenty of cream

#7950 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

FB_IMG_1586044355562 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1586044355562 (resized).jpg
There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/159?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.