Topic Stats

• 21,247 posts
  • 516 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by jlm33
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,064 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture d’écran 2021-01-15 à 13.49.41 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.47.46 PM (resized).png
832DE6A4-0AF1-47C3-85B6-CBFFA3248F68.jpeg
13cc28ad2b0b_4360.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20210112-100838~2 (resized).png
632156087 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210110-212343~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210109-135825~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210108-135004~2 (resized).png
ki7F73qMI7238_VB3t1r4Y8Yw_5bwYdW5OtJdhF5yTo (resized).jpg
5g covid (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 1.52.07 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 8.23.11 AM (resized).png
georgia (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

139 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21247 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 425.
#7601 9 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I really hope you are right, but so far your prognostications have not exactly been of the steller variety.

In iceman we trust!

#7602 9 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:Between April 12th and 20th. Tens of thousands.

This is NY. The rest of the country will get their own peaks, later.

#7603 9 months ago
Quoted from RTR:The numbers are real, but meaningless if you get sick in an area with limited healthcare resources and unlimited sickness because people didn’t take the threat seriously soon enough.
I’m as optimistic as anyone that we eventually figure this out and beat it. We have some of our smartest and greediest people Working on solutions. CV doesn’t have a chance against us in the long term.
But I also get the short term sacrifice we have to make to allow our healthcare system and scientists the time to get it it done.

Of course we’ll figure this out! Outside of Aliens we’re the smartest species on the planet! We’ve risen to every challenge so far and we will with this. But this brand of optimism is different that what is being touted elsewhere. This brand of optimism is humble, out of respect for what we can’t predict or control. Like Mother Nature. This brand of optimism accepts that the world can’t go on undisturbed in times of crisis - and shouldn’t! - and that sacrifices must be made.

As Levi stared so eloquently, perhaps Applebee’s must take one for the country.

#7604 9 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Of course we’ll figure this out! Outside of Aliens we’re the smartest species on the planet! We’ve risen to every challenge so far and we will with this. But this brand of optimism is different that what is being touted elsewhere. This brand of optimism is humble, out of respect for what we can’t predict or control. Like Mother Nature. This brand of optimism accepts that the world can’t go on undisturbed in times of crisis - and shouldn’t! - and that sacrifices must be made.
As Levi stared so eloquently, perhaps Applebee’s must take one for the country.

Applebee’s is a sacrifice I am willing to make.

#7605 9 months ago

Unfortunately there won’t be a single peak.

New York should hopefully peak in another two weeks. By then other major cities like Detroit, Miami, Los Angeles, New Orleans and Atlanta will be on the steep portion of their curve. Then they will peak, etc, etc, etc. And, just because a particular area peaks doesn’t mean anything is over. There’s a slope on the other side too which means you still get more cases and you still get more deaths, just less per day.

I hope to God I’m wrong but this outbreak has doubled about every 4 days pretty consistently. We are at 312,000 cases today. So 624,000 cases on April 8-9 and 1,248,000 cases on April 14th or so.

I started to do the death totals but I’m not going to put that negative energy out there.

#7606 9 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

Applebee’s is a sacrifice I am willing to make.

I think the world can do without “chicken fried chicken”!

#7607 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Gizzard:

New York should hopefully peak in another two weeks. By then other major cities like Detroit, New Orleans and Atlanta will be on the steep portion of their curve. Then they will peak, etc, etc, etc.
I hope to God I’m wrong but this outbreak has doubled about every 4 days pretty consistently. We are at 312,000 cases today. So 624,000 cases on April 8-9 and 1,248,000 cases on April 14th or so.
I started to do the death totals but I’m not going to put that negative energy out there.

True. I posted an update saying same. I also hope to god I’m wrong. But I’m seeing N.Y. hospitals and healthcare workers under siege and it breaks my heart. All because we’re the biggest and baddest city in the world. This insidious virus attacks where people interact the most! Like hell!

But N.Y. isn’t the only place people congregate. And with the lunacy we’ve seen lately with large gatherings in states all over the country, and with those that still refuse to issue shut downs, its only a matter of time. Whatever the death rate turns out to be, that’s going to be the death rate everywhere in large part. So perhaps the deniers can live with that. I’m beyond caring what they think. We reap what we sow. And karmas a bitch.

#7608 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Gizzard:

New York should hopefully peak in another two weeks. By then other major cities like Detroit, Miami, Los Angeles, New Orleans and Atlanta will be on the steep portion of their curve. Then they will peak, etc, etc, etc.

Good on you for both your day job and for trying to be a voice of reason here. Unfortunately some people just have a very rigid world view and don't want hear anything that disagrees with it.

You are unfortunately correct but the narrative of it will all be over soon is easier to stomach.

#7609 9 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

A really nice IJ

Nice! My favorite game. I guess if there is a game worth going out to get in the middle of a pandemic, IJ is high on that list.

#7610 9 months ago

we’re the smartest species on the planet!

*laughs in dolphin*

#7611 9 months ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Assuming a vaccine is far off then I only see one solution, we need a machine that can test everyone fast and cheap so as to figure out who has what and who is immune. Once that becomes available then what an office can do is test everyone, figure out who is not affected by the virus then allow that group of people to go back to work as normal. That way no one is put at risk since those people are tested and known to have the virus yet not affected by it. It's like amusement part rides where you have to be a certain height to be allowed on otherwise it's too risky, same idea here except we just need to know for sure that a person has it and is immune to it, those people as a group can go back to work although at the same time they cannot frequent other public places as they still may put others as risk. I suspect far more of us have the virus already and just don't know it because we happen to be immune, in which case with fast and easy testing all such people could return them to their office work.

Replying to my own post, but looks like a fast portable tester may be available soon:

https://abc7news.com/health/east-bay-company-to-have-hand-held-covid-19-test-ready-by-next-month/6075518/

#7612 9 months ago

Ok, serious question. I thought I would post here for any experts to chime in.
If I order pizza for delivery or take-out, will I be able to use this coupon? Thanks.

509F4D84-5D93-42D7-932D-538342CD63AD (resized).jpeg
#7613 9 months ago

Clearly you guys have been stockpiling food. The trolls are being fed very well!

#7614 9 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

*laughs in dolphin*

0B578502-8239-40DF-BAD7-2C29E14BE286 (resized).jpeg

#7615 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Another voice of reason! Starting to? Lol
Lowe’s and Home Depot parking lots packed in my area
So are other “essential” service places
Highlight of the day was waiting in line at Chick F La for food. No masks or gloves for servers at drive through. Gave a nice tip as usual
God bless em

Stupid is as stupid does

tenorstupid.gif
#7616 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You guys can stress out all you want but when it’s over soon we are going back to normal.

Thank you Captain Obvious!!!

#7617 9 months ago
Screenshot_20200405-021911 (resized).png
#7618 9 months ago
Screenshot_20200405-030355~2 (resized).png
#7619 9 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

I really think some people are going to get sued for misleading the public and getting people killed.
These clips are damning. https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1246146713523453957?s=19

They should get sued, but they won't. They'll go blaming China for lack of information while information was already largely available and just willingly ignored. And besides, at the same time, they're making a U-turn claiming you've always taken it very seriously. From statements like 'We'll be fine, we have everything under control. Nothing more than a normal flu. This virus will probably magically disappear before Easter' to 'I've known it would be a pandemic long before anyone else knew that. We have the best approach worldwide'.
Unfortunately a lot of people:
A) think that's normal behavior
B) have a very short-term memory
C) don't care
D) all of the above?

On the bright side: from what I read and see, I think now there's reasonable sound behavior by most of the population worldwide. That will flatten the curves and let's hope that in the meantime there'll be progress towards a solution. Surely the longer the situation continues, the better we'll be informed of what does and does not work and the closer we'll get to sollutions.

I feel sorry for everyone working in hospitals or alike, for it must be very, very hard these months. Only for them it'd be wise enough to get the curve to flatten, and to have the numbers decreased eventually (not only a decrease in new cases, but a situation where more people leave the hospitals than enter them).

For everyone with losses: it's hard to see loved ones suffer, let alone die, especially when it's too soon.
For those who lost their jobs: I hope you'll manage, or get help (government or otherwise) and that the situation becomes more 'normal' again soon. I know I and a lot of others are very lucky, keeping our jobs and being able to work from home. I admire companies that try to keep their workers employed, if it they're able to do so without getting into too much trouble (and having less profit, paying no dividend, isn't 'too much trouble' in my opinion). Some companies really do have that choice and make the right or wrong decision (in my opinion), some don't really have that choice, and for some it's hard to tell yet. I think it'd be very hard to lose the job you have.

So all of you who really suffer for one reason or another: good luck, hang on, it will get better someday!

PS: For others like me, who hate the social isolation and everything that comes with it, but further don't really have that much to complain: it may be hard, and we can sometimes feel very sad for it, but we should also consider just know how lucky we really are.

#7620 9 months ago

there are X amount of people in the USA and only X amount have it and only X amount have died.

None of this matters until its peaked, slowed down and near the end of this "phase". In the beginning when aids was new, yep, there were 300 million in the USA and only 1 person got aids, then 2, then 100, then 1000. Beginning numbers don't matter, END numbers do.
Each of the past few days the deaths per day keep growing and growing more than any prior day over the past month. Follow the graphs.
Also, of the people who are recovered, This does not mean necessarily that they are "perfect" recovered. Read up on it and how many dysfunctions many will have to live with.
In final, Do not forgot about how many people have had it and have "recovered" that still needed hospital treatment.
Is there a graph for that? Just because you don't see them in the death toll does not equate to they were not hospitalized.
That onslaught push of overwhelming hospital isolated stays with equipment that is scarce is the disaster ingredient in this virus.

#7622 9 months ago

Here is a question for those who are considered “essential” workers. Are you being required by your employers to take your temperature before work? Not necessarily in front of them. It could be on the honor system.

#7623 9 months ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Here is a question for those who are considered “essential” workers. Are you being required by your employers to take your temperature before work? Not necessarily in front of them. It could be on the honor system.

No.

#7624 9 months ago
Quoted from taylor34:

This shows US stats on who is going into the hospital, ICU, and deaths. This was before things got overwhelmed.[quoted image]

Very few 20-30 year olds are going to the ICU, the CDC simply doubled the size of that age group to lump them in with the 44 year olds.

#7625 9 months ago

No,
Questioned "some things" and was told not to worry we have distancing between us workers and here's some hand sanitizer,disinfecting wipes etc.,extra cleaning being done.It's just hard to concentrate on the job and keep focused for the full 10 hour shifts,thankful to have a pretty good job and need to keep pressing forward.

#7626 9 months ago

Good morning.

I went to work yesterday. First time in a few weeks. I am an electrical contractor. By choice I took the last few weeks to isolate and chill out.

The upside to working yesterday? I made some money.

The downside to working yesterday? It took me a long time to catch up on reading this forum topic this morning.

#7627 9 months ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

No yet but I think it's coming. Not sure why they are doing it because they don't give a shit if everyone if us were to drop dead. I expressed concerns about having to share my office with someone else that doesn't even need to be in it and they said you are 6 feet apart, that's good enough. I tried to explain to them about how the virus hangs in the air and can travel 27 feet when someone coughs but they said that's all hypothetical stuff. Well ok, I'll just sit in here and eat their Corona like a good little boy and not rock the boat.

#7628 9 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No yet but I think it's coming. Not sure why they are doing it because they don't give a shit if everyone if us were to drop dead. I expressed concerns about having to share my office with someone else that doesn't even need to be in it and they said you are 6 feet apart, that's good enough. I tried to explain to them about how the virus hangs in the air and can travel 27 feet when someone coughs but they said that's all hypothetical stuff. Well ok, I'll just sit in here and eat their Corona like a good little boy and not rock the boat.

They want us to twice a day which I’m fine with. I also take my own 02 saturation with a pulse oximiter since I have one in my house anyway because my son has bad asthma. I may be paranoid but he will end up in the hospital if he gets it.

#7629 9 months ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

They want us to twice a day which I’m fine with. I also take my own 02 saturation with a pulse oximiter since I have one in my house anyway because my son has bad asthma. I may be paranoid but he will end up in the hospital if he gets it.

Nothing wrong with trying to be cautious. I'm trying to be but my employer wont allow me to. I have two options. #1 shut the F*ck up and #2 quit

#7630 9 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Hi, Daditude - just FYI they reset the stats on worldometers.info around midnight GMT, which is 5PM my time , and 7 PM in Texas. That's why the "new cases" and "new deaths" are lower. The best time to take a screenshot would be around 6PM your time, otherwise it doesn't show the full total for the day. After 7PM your time, the count has been reset and is starting on the next day. Unfortunately, we haven't reached the point where either of those counts is going down in the U.S. and there will be a lot more than 280 new cases added today. There were 34,196 new cases added yesterday in the U.S.
The most accurate count can be seen by clicking "yesterday" and seeing the final totals for the day.
I've been around for 6+ decades and have never seen anything like this. My girlfriend and I are taking every precaution and have only been out in public 3 times in 6 weeks. We have old buildings with that we've been working on and cleaning for years, so we already had a modest stock of PPE to deal with dust and lead paint and other toxic shit. We've put a "freeze" on using alcohol for cleaning parts. There's enough in the shop to get us by for at least a while. Many pinball hobbyists are probably decently prepared for this!
Scientists have been warning us for at least 20-30 years (that I can personally remember) that we need to be prepared for evolving new pandemics. It sucks to live through one, but it looks like people are adapting and are willing to wait it out until the peak appears to have passed and the numbers go way down. But that could be many weeks, stretching possibly into months, so we all need to get used to this and help each other however we can.

#7631 9 months ago

My wife asked me what I wanted from her grocery order. I told her hair dye. Gonna get me a 43 year old ID. Then I have to insure this guy somehow. What am I leaving out for my new and younger buddy? I get symptoms I'm thinking 43 beats 60 at the ventilators. "So doc, 20g's for that ventilator bro?

#7632 9 months ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

It depends on the industry. If you work in a skilled nursing facility, yes. You can’t walk in the door without having your temperature taken. No honor system, someone takes it right there.

#7633 9 months ago

About the importance of the pandemic, I'm trying to reconcile conflicting numbers and make sense out of them - no wonder people are confused.

- As of today, about 0.1% of US and French populations have been tested positive (it's actually a bit less than 0.1% in the US, a bit more in France). We know there are more than that, but we don't know if it's 2x, 5x, 10x...

- "Only" 65,000 thousands have already died so far worldwide (officially - again we know the real death toll is higher, and I am not only talking about China- it will actually take years to have an accurate estimate). That's far less than the flu.

But then let me give two facts that put again these numbers in perspective:

- We never had so many people in emergency care in France. As compared to accurate stats accumulated for at least 50 years. Never. Even when compared to years where the flu was really bad.

- When looking at total number of deaths in France in March - all causes, just raw stats, so pretty accurate - the number of people dying in areas most affected has jumped to 50%+ as compared to last year. And April will be more deadly. Also remember car traffic decreased a lot, so number of deaths related decreased as well. In other words, Covid19 has caused a doubling or so of total deaths in heavily infected areas.

The last two stats are reliable - no bias, no manipulation possible on cause of hospitalization or death, just raw figures.

#7634 9 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It depends on the industry. If you work in a skilled nursing facility, yes. You can’t walk in the door without having your temperature taken. No honor system, someone takes it right there.

I recently switched jobs to a data analytics firm, and one of the things we've done recently for covid is taking mobile phone location data, cross referencing those data points with long term care facilities like SNFs that have confirmed cases, and identifying other facilities these people went to.

It could be adult children, delivery workers, mail carrier, nurses who just work at multiple facilities, etc...

The data was shocking. When I last looked at the analysis, we knew of 65 facilities with confirmed cases. Mobile phones that entered those facilities also touched over 1000 other facilities.

#7635 9 months ago
Quoted from sven:

PS: For others like me, who hate the social isolation and everything that comes with it, but further don't really have that much to complain: it may be hard, and we can sometimes feel very sad for it, but we should also consider just know how lucky we really are.

Sven, your whole post is good, and the P.S. at the end reminded me of something I wanted to say...
I had an experience about 10 years ago where I was forced to stop doing most of my normal activities, had to remain indoors most of the time, only went out for essentials every 2 weeks or so, and had to rearrange my life and find new things to do in my newly-limited environment. This experience did not end for me - I live like this all the time now. I have made major adaptations to my life so I could HAVE a life.
What happened was my spinal stenosis and arthritis had progressed since the 1990s and I finally lost my ability to work. Now I have another diagnosis of a thing called ankylosing spondylitis, which is one of those pretty much untreatable inflammatory diseases. I believe a lot of the cause of these things is exposure to toxins in our air, water, and food, and of course genetics.
I am glad that you pointed out that "the healthy are lucky". There are many people in the world who have already had to permanently adapt to a lifestyle similar to what everyone is being forced to do now.
It's difficult when a change like this is forced on you, and it took me a long time to get used to it. I hope this crisis is over well before any of you healthy people have gotten used to it! I mean that in a positive way - because you won't get used to it in 2 months or even a year. Let's hope this is over way before then.

#7636 9 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I work in an essential industry, the supply chain. We aren’t taking temps. Most of our people are working from home, but there are some office hold outs...

#7637 9 months ago
940F5B26-BB84-464F-8D3E-FC51C433A001 (resized).jpeg
#7639 9 months ago

UK may ban outdoor exercise and warns people about sunbathing. People are starting to lose their fucking minds, as long as your not doing these things in groups it is no threat to others and is keeping people sane and healthy.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-follow-lockdown-rules-or-we-will-ban-outdoor-exercise-health-secretary-warns-11968783

#7640 9 months ago

Yes. Thank goodness for China and Oregon stepping up to send vents to NYC. I’d think a few other folks shoulda done better.
Maybe in the future the Feds won’t cancel the maintenance contract on the national stockpile of vents. So that they actually work when they need to. Unlike at least 2,400 now. That contract was cancelled last summer and just renewed recently. The new contractor just started assessing what they’re up against in late January, and haven’t had a chance to fix the thousands of vents that don’t work.
You see, vents are like a car. When you don’t use them, they dry out, and break when you put them to task. You can’t fall asleep at the wheel if you want this stuff to work when it needs to. So yeah, maybe we will be better prepared in the future. Because we sure weren’t this time. That means things will need to change right? GOOD!

Honestly, everyone needs to stop trying to make political hay off of the blame game. There’s plenty to go around, not just the feds. NYs own disaster management people projected the state needed almost 20000 ventilators in case of an epidemic or pandemic. The purchase was lined up and a deal for 16,000 was arranged four years ago. The funds were allocated. Purchase was nixed for budget reasons and then never reallocated.
Everyone puts off things. Lots of blame to spread around.

#7641 9 months ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

[quoted image]

Don‘t!

#7642 9 months ago

It’s already been pointed out that the Daily Mail is not a reliable news source. As to the claims that workers got infected there, it’s possible, but it likely would have been *after* the virus originated.

There’s a lot of research now that is pointing to the virus as being purely organic in origin. The non-technical reasoning is that the structure of the virus would appear “on paper” to not work, so no one would bother trying to develop it when there are other design paths that look to be more effective. Here’s a more technical article that explains it:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/the-new-coronavirus-was-not-genetically-engineered-study-shows#Two-possible-origin-scenarios

#7643 9 months ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

It’s already been pointed out that the Daily Mail is not a reliable news source. As to the claims that workers got infected there, it’s possible, but it likely would have been *after* the virus originated.
There’s a lot of research now that is pointing to the virus as being purely organic in origin. The non-technical reasoning is that the structure of the virus would appear “on paper” to not work, so no one would bother trying to develop it when there are other design paths that look to be more effective. Here’s a more technical article that explains it:
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/the-new-coronavirus-was-not-genetically-engineered-study-shows#Two-possible-origin-scenarios

Sure thing Xi

(Joke.. I joke...)

#7644 9 months ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

one of the things we've done recently for covid is taking mobile phone location data, cross referencing those data points with long term care facilities like SNFs that have confirmed cases, and identifying other facilities these people went to.

Some SNFs (pronounced Sniff for those that don’t know) have stopped allowing that. A large one near me has laid off all per diem staff that worked at more than one facility to prevent cross contamination. My first reaction was surprise, followed a second later by “wow, smart”.

#7645 9 months ago
CA6ED24C-39C6-46BE-B1C1-DB7D2E623C51 (resized).jpegB0B419CA-AD28-4505-9045-C676060A3C6A (resized).jpeg17FBACF3-B643-469D-AE38-5B51BA9D0821 (resized).jpeg
#7646 9 months ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This would not surprise me one bit and also explain why the cases in Russia are so low

#7647 9 months ago
Quoted from sven:

They should get sued, but they won't. They'll go blaming China for lack of information while information was already largely available and just willingly ignored. And besides, at the same time, they're making a U-turn claiming you've always taken it very seriously. From statements like 'We'll be fine, we have everything under control. Nothing more than a normal flu. This virus will probably magically disappear before Easter' to 'I've known it would be a pandemic long before anyone else knew that. We have the best approach worldwide'.
Unfortunately a lot of people:
A) think that's normal behavior
B) have a very short-term memory
C) don't care
D) all of the above?
On the bright side: from what I read and see, I think now there's reasonable sound behavior by most of the population worldwide. That will flatten the curves and let's hope that in the meantime there'll be progress towards a solution. Surely the longer the situation continues, the better we'll be informed of what does and does not work and the closer we'll get to sollutions.
I feel sorry for everyone working in hospitals or alike, for it must be very, very hard these months. Only for them it'd be wise enough to get the curve to flatten, and to have the numbers decreased eventually (not only a decrease in new cases, but a situation where more people leave the hospitals than enter them).
For everyone with losses: it's hard to see loved ones suffer, let alone die, especially when it's too soon.
For those who lost their jobs: I hope you'll manage, or get help (government or otherwise) and that the situation becomes more 'normal' again soon. I know I and a lot of others are very lucky, keeping our jobs and being able to work from home. I admire companies that try to keep their workers employed, if it they're able to do so without getting into too much trouble (and having less profit, paying no dividend, isn't 'too much trouble' in my opinion). Some companies really do have that choice and make the right or wrong decision (in my opinion), some don't really have that choice, and for some it's hard to tell yet. I think it'd be very hard to lose the job you have.
So all of you who really suffer for one reason or another: good luck, hang on, it will get better someday!

Yeah, why would anyone put any blame on China when their unregulated animal markets (where endangered species are also being sold as delicacies), which gave us SARS previously, now produced Covid19? So you're saying you're okay with assigning liability and negligence to some politicians in countries where the virus is currently ravaging their populaces but at the same time implying that the government of the country where it started, tried to hide it for several months, and clearly lied about its severity has little to none?

I am not absolving politicians in my country and elsewhere of any blame for their lack of preparation. However, your premise loses all credibility when you imply that the Chinese government doesn't have some serious liability and negligence on their hands.

If China was a corporation and not a communist dictatorship, they would be sued for trillions by countries and affected people around the globe. They would lose too because the evidence that allowing the animal markets to reopen and continue unregulated after SARS alone demonstrates substantial liability Trying to cover it up early on and lying about the numbers and the diseases severity just adds to their culpability.

#7648 9 months ago

For all those still arguing about NUMBERS, or picking and choosing their own stats for an argument... Or for those still concerned about the accuracy of what's being reported by whom (is China under reporting? Is NYC over-reacting to hog supplies? Are Germany and S. Korea really doing a good job, or do they just not have as many old people?), and how things don't seem consistent:

A bit long, but an excellent analysis from 538 about why Covid statistics focusing on "case counts" can be misleading, and testing is so critically important. Four realistic scenarios are given, and you can even experiment with the data yourself!

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/coronavirus-case-counts-are-meaningless/amp/

The TLDR takeaway seems to be that the true impact of guidelines and response is only reflected *weeks* after implementation... But even then it can appear better or worse than "reality" if the actual *testing* numbers are not framed in larger, proper context. Nobody can claim 100% accurate modeling yet because the data just isn't being consistently reported, so case numbers (and curves) may as well be arbitrary (even though they're not). But even with that, this isn't going away anytime soon.

#7649 9 months ago

Sen. Akshar on Governor Cuomo Seizing Upstate Ventilators

#7650 9 months ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That Koontz book is hot right now. When I first heard about it I bought up all I could find. I've sold around 70 at an average price of $60ish. Got my first hardcover one yesterday and flipped it in minutes for $115.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 49.00
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 7,699.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 170.96
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Mods for your pinballs
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 110.00
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 21247 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 425.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside