272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 576.
#7551 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Until the margin call.

No need to hate on my success. LOL. Been buying Apple since $60 a share. No "margin" necessary. That's not smart.

Last January Apple was $145 a share.

#7552 4 years ago

Also interesting read out in Wall Street so I’m sure huge amount of people with all the wisdom here missed it. Basically, theory has it we use viral genes in several of our every day functions- like memory. Possibly a viral attack on a fish may have led to first organism walking on land. Probably will be debunked in few months, but would explain somewhat how fast we evolved from microorganism.

#7553 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No need to hate on my success. LOL. Been buying Apple since $60 a share. No "margin" necessary. That's not smart.
Last January Apple was $145 a share.

No one here gives a fuck about your money.

#7554 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Yep, sure you do. Let's talk in 2 weeks and we'll see who understands how a disease spreads better. A physician or an accountant.

$20 on Doc Gizzard.

#7555 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:Brother Levi, the virus is gonna end when it ends, May, June, July?
The economy is gonna get back and life is going back to normal soon enough despite that
It’s not a choice. Stress, anxiety and job loss is also not a way of life.
30-60 days to get health care system propped up so they can do their jobs properly and then we have to move on with life
I have great confidence in the extraordinary people working on this issue to defeat and tamp it down. You should too

So now you’ll push this out to July? Make up your mind brother Icey. Is it Easter or Independence Day? And what if there’s a second wave? And what about Mexico? They’re not doing Gagadas. And they share a border with you. And it’s not too hard to surmise that when the shit starts hitting the fan down there, the border patrol might be compromised. So an influx into TX from Mexico isn’t hard to fathom (great game by the way).

You’re talking so tough. And it’s so early. Middle America hasn’t even gotten a whiff of this yet. Because a large part of the population is Asymptomatic. And, well, exponential spread.

#7556 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Yep, sure you do. Let's talk in 2 weeks and we'll see who understands how a disease spreads better. A physician or an accountant.

Well, i trust my multiple "physician" clients and i have the objectivity to look at all the issues and the NUMBERS as in realistic modeling and past history.

I trust the worldwide information and data i'm seeing, not some individual doctor, no offense.

#7557 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

One person? With unknown underlying conditions?
If people are going to freak out over that ratio to the total population then there really is no hope.

Yup you got me . That's the only person so far who died from it that was under 70. I guess you are right and it only kills the elderly and unhealthy people.

#7558 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

No one here gives a fuck about your money.

That's kind of nasty don't you think?

I'm not the one that brought it up.

But that's what i expect anyhow

#7559 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I have no doubt the US military is bad ass. But without a govt to support them...

People have to what, rely on their citizenship and integrity? You have a very bleak outlook on this country. Why is that?

I’m sure the military has enough guns and tanks and boats and planes and bullets to put down the yahoos. And I hope they do, if people start getting out of hand.

#7560 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yup you got me . That's the only person so far who died from it that was under 70. I guess you are right and it only kills the elderly and unhealthy people.

It's all relative Doc. Sure whatever you think. It's gonna kill everybody based on one example.

#7561 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

It's amazing how concerned some people have recently become about poverty, suicide and mental health issues in the country.

Brilliant post. These people should look in the mirror and ask themselves “who the fuck are you?”. Because they’ve never thought these things before!

#7562 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think you missed the part of why CHina and SK are going back to work....hint: lots of things we didn't do.

#7563 4 years ago

This shows US stats on who is going into the hospital, ICU, and deaths. This was before things got overwhelmed.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7564 4 years ago

Brilliant post. These people should look in the mirror and ask themselves “who the fuck are you?”. Because they’ve never thought these things before!

Let's cut down on the profanity TFA. I've made a pledge to avoid it. Not good.

#7565 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's all relative Doc. Sure whatever you think. It's gonna kill everybody based on one example.

I never said it was gonna kill everybody, just trying to clear up the myth that it only kills elderly or unhealthy. It kills them more but also kills in younger and healthier as well.

#7566 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Good for you Levi, still should get a Will done
“Hundreds of thousands”? Seems like fear mongering not based on facts
3500 in NY, 8500 US?

Not even close to the peak bro. Have you heard of the peak?

#7567 4 years ago

Not even close to the peak bro. Have you heard of the peak?

No tell me bro, when is the "peak" and how many will die at the "peak"?

#7568 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:Maybe if you don't want abortion numbers known your the weirdo.

None of my business. Or yours, actually. or anyone else’s.

#7569 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

People who swear are more trustworthy. Dammit.

#7570 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I never said it was gonna kill everybody, just trying to clear up the myth that it only kills elderly or unhealthy. It kills them more but also kills in younger and healthier as well.

It kills the "at risk" elderly, sick and co-morbid in infinitely higher numbers than a few younger folks that we don't know if they had other conditions.

I mean let's disclose the fact that it's 99.99% of elderly "at risk", or whatever the number is.

#7571 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:Just putting this here for reference in two weeks.
I cannot believe you are citing China and South Korea getting back to work. You know WHY they are getting back to work? Because they shut their countries down. In China during the outbreak you were ARRESTED for stepping out of your home without papers and a mask. Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea. Clearly we can't rely on the responsibility of Americans to do the right thing. Have to have some more dollars to buy that next Stern LE I guess.

Doc, trust me, don’t take the bait! You have important work to do. Levi and I got this. Believe me.

#7572 4 years ago
A7090474-3317-4135-8571-338A39108707 (resized).jpegA7090474-3317-4135-8571-338A39108707 (resized).jpeg
#7573 4 years ago

I really wish i had something else to do right now but i don't.

New season of Money Heist just started on Netflix.

Guess I'll leave it to Levi and TFA for now. LOL

#7574 4 years ago

I am enjoying the banter. Please, carry on
1AAB78C6-B756-47AE-A512-CBFBCB7DDC65 (resized).jpeg1AAB78C6-B756-47AE-A512-CBFBCB7DDC65 (resized).jpeg

#7575 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry, we don't live in a communist society Doc, its a TERRIBLE idea, we aren't ever going to surrender personal freedoms in this country at any cost. LOL

You’ll surrender your personal freedoms when the coronavirus pulls them from your cold, dead hands.

#7576 4 years ago

I feel like Ice has ignored all information the last 3 weeks and has just stared at a market screen watching the DOW screaming at the screen WHY WON'T YOU GO UP???

#7577 4 years ago

So i actually do not miss sports anymore so this Virus has done some good. Sorry change the subject a bit people have got to understand everyone is entitled to a point of view. Mine is sports are not needed anymore.

#7578 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It kills the "at risk" elderly, sick and co-morbid in infinitely higher numbers than a few younger folks that we don't know if they had other conditions.
I mean let's disclose the fact that it's 99.99% of elderly "at risk", or whatever the number is.

The mortality numbers for the US were (early on, 2449 cases):
0 to 20 0%
20 to 44 .1% to .2%
45 to 54 .5% to .8%
55 to 64 1.4% to 2.6%
64 to 75 2.7% to 4.9%
75 to 84 4.3% to 10.5%
85+ 10.4% to 27.3%

It's not just the elderly, it's just really bad for them. But it's still bad for everyone else.

#7579 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:There are 7.8 Billion people worldwide
As of last count there are about 64k reported deaths worldwide, 8500 in the US.
Think about the ramifications economically around the world of a total shutdown like we are experiencing for much longer.
We in the US and Canada will survive it, developing countries and that population that rely on worldwide trade will be devastated the longer it goes on. Mexico, South America?
Don't care? Hopefully not.

You. Clearly. Don’t. Get. It. Good luck.

#7580 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

0 to 20 0%
20 to 44 .1% to .2%
45 to 54 .5% to .8%
55 to 64 1.4% to 2.6%
64 to 75 2.7% to 4.9%
75 to 84 4.3% to 10.5%
85+ 10.4% to 27.3%
It's not just the elderly, it's just really bad for them. But it's still bad for everyone else.

Not really based on those numbers and I'd have to see the co-morbidity factors to believe it.

Either way, .1% of 20 to 44? And another .5% of 45 to 54?

I mean anyone who is not "at risk" is so unlikely to die it's hard to calculate.

9 people per million deaths in the US as of right now. How many per millions under 50?

Where are the statistics being reported right now? I think we all need to know the facts.

#7581 4 years ago

I’m getting tired of hearing the big number to little number arguments.

Especially when the comparison has nothing to do with the issue.

When someone starts out with “There are 7.5 billion people....” they aren’t making a logical argument about a pandemic in progress.

#7582 4 years ago

#7583 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I’m getting tired of hearing the big number to little number arguments.
Especially when the comparison has nothing to do with the issue.
When someone starts out with “There are 7.5 billion people....” they aren’t making a logical argument about a pandemic in progress.

Inconvenient facts?

Just the numbers. It's not hard to accept the reality of those numbers.

#7584 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"Next time" after all this panic and chaos, despite ignoring it for Zika, Sars, Ebola, we will be much better "prepared" as a nation and world.
I guarantee you NYC will be with all your masks, tests and ventilators. Then again, that's up to the Mayor and Governor going forward.

Yes. Thank goodness for China and Oregon stepping up to send vents to NYC. I’d think a few other folks shoulda done better.

Maybe in the future the Feds won’t cancel the maintenance contract on the national stockpile of vents. So that they actually work when they need to. Unlike at least 2,400 now. That contract was cancelled last summer and just renewed recently. The new contractor just started assessing what they’re up against in late January, and haven’t had a chance to fix the thousands of vents that don’t work.

You see, vents are like a car. When you don’t use them, they dry out, and break when you put them to task. You can’t fall asleep at the wheel if you want this stuff to work when it needs to. So yeah, maybe we will be better prepared in the future. Because we sure weren’t this time. That means things will need to change right? GOOD!

#7585 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Inconvenient facts?
Just the numbers. It's not hard to accept those.

Like all the numbers you continue to ignore because you know better? Okay. While I obviously don't have issues with being the opposing view, I'm no stranger to being in the minority, at least try to educate yourself. You clearly haven't and continue to show you have no interest in facts. This is essentially trolling at this point.

#7586 4 years ago

You. Clearly. Don’t. Get. It. Good luck.

Yes. Thank goodness for China and Oregon stepping up to send vents to NYC. I’d think a few other folks might do better.
Maybe in the future the Feds won’t cancel the maintenance contract on the national stockpile of vents. So that they actually work when they need to. Unlike a at least 2,400 now. That contract was cancelled last summer and just renewed recently. The new contractor just started assessing what they’re up against in late January, and haven’t had a chance to fix the thousands of vents that don’t work.
You see, vents are like a car. When you don’t use them, they dry out, and break when you put them to task. You can’t fall asleep at the wheel if you want this stuff to work when it needs to. So yeah, maybe we will be better prepared in the future. Because we sure weren’t this time. That means things will need yo change right? GOOD!

Trust me TFA, i'm not paying attention to a thing you are saying. I keep you around for the Avatar!

Now i'm heading off to see if Nairobi survived being shot. Wow, spoiler alert, did Tokyo and Nairobi die?

Stay safe in NYC

#7587 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Trust me TFA, i'm not paying attention to a thing you are saying. I keep you around for the Avatar!
Now i'm heading off to see if Nyrobi survived being shot.
Stay safe in NYC

Yep....he spews BS all day long....one would question if he's even American as he acts like he's from a communist country

#7588 4 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Also interesting read out in Wall Street so I’m sure huge amount of people with all the wisdom here missed it. Basically, theory has it we use viral genes in several of our every day functions- like memory. Possibly a viral attack on a fish may have led to first organism walking on land. Probably will be debunked in few months, but would explain somewhat how fast we evolved from microorganism.

I've heard these theories before. It's an interesting one, essentially some mutations may have actually been viral spreads, which most of us can't comment on with any amount of knowledge.

#7589 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

0 to 20 0%
20 to 44 .1% to .2%
45 to 54 .5% to .8%
55 to 64 1.4% to 2.6%
64 to 75 2.7% to 4.9%
75 to 84 4.3% to 10.5%
85+ 10.4% to 27.3%

Those numbers only show mortality. They don’t show hospitalizations. An inordinate number of people with Covid19 wind up in the hospital as compared to flu and they stay longer.

The numbers get a lot worse for everyone that requires hospitalization if the healthcare system in an area has been overwhelmed.

Younger people can still get their ass whipped by this and wind up getting better in a hospital bed. As long as good care is available, they don’t show up in the mortality figures.

#7590 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, i trust my multiple "physician" clients and i have the objectivity to look at all the issues and the NUMBERS as in realistic modeling and past history.
I trust the worldwide information and data i'm seeing, not some individual doctor, no offense.

The fact that you spelled “numbers” in ALL CAPS IS VERY REASSURING!

Good to know you also trust the NUMBERS out of China (“world NUMBERS”). That’s seems out of character, but you do have an agenda to sell, so I’m sure you’ll go with whatever.

#7591 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Noted.

#7592 4 years ago

FYI-Full disclosure-58 yrs. old,cigar smoker at night after work,Coors Lights after work too-Am enjoying reading-tonights posts from The "Docs" here and their forum posts and "Icemans" posts who I am more aligned with.Am an Essential worker and anxious,concerned,kinda worried going to work the last few weeks.

Was watching all news,streaming news-listening to Podcasts non-stop !! and eating mostly frozen food and stuff I had around the house the last few weeks.

This week "I let it all go"....tomorrow is not guaranteed for anybody-What we call the Common Flu-Car wrecks...……..sooo many die that way and they are just stats anymore,same with Cancer-which has touched all of our families,friends,acquaintances-my Mom and Brother who lost their lives to Cancer....all 3 of my above examples far outweigh so far what we are seeing and I hope the final outcome with Covid 19.

I am supporting my local restaurants----take out currently,proceeding with my house projects and living life while I still can while practicing Social Distancing and the common sense things and practices that will protect those I come in contact with...………-not many-am single-at home when not at my work,which I am thankful for !! Munsters pinball machine in my living room and lovin it ) but am still holding out hope for A Massive code drop from Stern.

Take care everybody and keep on flippin and have a bright outlook and perspective thru this whole Covid 19 turmoil

Kirk in Colorado

#7593 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No tell me bro, when is the "peak" and how many will die at the "peak"?

Between April 12th and 20th. Tens of thousands.

Edit: on Sunday 4/5 Gov. Cuomo said there appeared to be “a slight plateauing” in the number of deaths related to the coronavirus. Though Mr. Cuomo said New York could be “near the apex” he added that “we won’t know until you see the next few days, does it go up, does it go down.”

The daily death count dropped from 600+ to the high 500’s. If this continues, NY may be able to avoid a 15k+ death count. If it’s just a blip, we’ll see. If the hospitals get maxed out, it’s going to negatively impact those needing convalescent care, and we’d probably see a spike in the numbers.

#7594 4 years ago

Any one got any tips on what Big Farma stocks to buy pretty sure they would be going through the roof right now but i bet they go spastic next year. This vaccine shit is gonna be big money.

#7595 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Inconvenient facts?
Just the numbers. It's not hard to accept the reality of those numbers.

The numbers are real, but meaningless if you get sick in an area with limited healthcare resources and unlimited sickness because people didn’t take the threat seriously soon enough.

I’m as optimistic as anyone that we eventually figure this out and beat it. We have some of our smartest and greediest people Working on solutions. CV doesn’t have a chance against us in the long term.

But I also get the short term sacrifice we have to make to allow our healthcare system and scientists the time to get it it done.

#7596 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Those numbers only show mortality. They don’t show hospitalizations. An inordinate number of people with Covid19 wind up in the hospital as compared to flu and they stay longer.
The numbers get a lot worse for everyone that requires hospitalization if the healthcare system in an area has been overwhelmed.
Younger people can still get their ass whipped by this and wind up getting better in a hospital bed. As long as good care is available, they don’t show up in the mortality figures.

This

#7597 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I really wish i had something else to do right now but i don't.
New season of Money Heist just started on Netflix.
Guess I'll leave it to Levi and TFA for now. LOL

Yeah, I gotta go too. I need to refresh my downvotes. Ran out about 10 Icey and Pinjim posts ago.

#7598 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

So i actually do not miss sports anymore so this Virus has done some good. Sorry change the subject a bit people have got to understand everyone is entitled to a point of view. Mine is sports are not needed anymore.

Sports and beer are the way the DEEP STATE really controls the population. Quit watching NCAA and pro sports and watch your life get better before your eyes!

#7599 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

https://www.britannica.com/event/Asian-flu-of-1957
My 81 yr old parents survived the Asian flu back in college. Killed an estimated 1-2 million people.
Here we are today. Somehow made it through.

Well that is one heck of an anecdote brother

#7600 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Like all the numbers you continue to ignore because you know better? Okay. While I obviously don't have issues with being the opposing view, I'm no stranger to being in the minority, at least try to educate yourself. You clearly haven't and continue to show you have no interest in facts. This is essentially trolling at this point.

You’re not in the minority dude. #electoralcollege

And mods, the electoral college is law. It’s not politics. Wish it were.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/152?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.