Topic Stats

• 21,315 posts
  • 517 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,072 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

victoria (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 7.33.30 AM (resized).png
Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
20210116_224325 (resized).jpg
20210116_224251 (resized).jpg
20210116_124545 (resized).jpg
E83B3B92-61CB-4D19-89B8-27605BD16F17 (resized).jpeg
AAA4A17D-1C6A-4489-AB08-FDF9811493D3.gif
Capture d’écran 2021-01-15 à 13.49.41 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.47.46 PM (resized).png
832DE6A4-0AF1-47C3-85B6-CBFFA3248F68.jpeg
13cc28ad2b0b_4360.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20210112-100838~2 (resized).png
632156087 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

140 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21316 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 427.
#7501 9 months ago

Yeah it even overrides the communities that closed them on their own.

#7502 9 months ago
ETMorTlU0AAVybA (resized).jpg
#7503 9 months ago

Love it, Gizzard!!!! There’s a whole bunch of pinsiders scratching their heads right now!

Now back to regular programming....

49FF8493-C7CB-45CA-8F0D-D3E9DE9CAD90 (resized).jpeg
#7504 9 months ago

Today marks 8452 covid-19 deaths in the USA.
4 days ago is was 4053.

If this pace holds, by Easter Sunday it will be over 30k

#7505 9 months ago

Let me tell you about some of the patients/client I serve on a daily basis.

Husband lost his job at the beginning of this crisis and found another one at a bank in Oklahoma starting next week. The wife is pregnant with their first child and he will have to commute back and forth until the situation gets better.

Pilot for SW airlines was contemplating retirement so he and his wife could spend more time with kids and grandkids. Now he is hoping they don't get furloughed and there is an airline industry to go back to in the near future. Same story for a few other SW pilot clients of mine.

My best friend and law professor died of a stroke last year as he was heading into retirement to spend time with his kids and grandkids. A terrible life tragedy.

Grandmother who has been dependent on generating "interest income" for monthly living expenses has seen interest rates drop to next to nothing. That story is overwhelming.

Small business owners, including doctors, lawyers, engineers, you name it, wondering how they are going through this to the other side economically.

So many people getting close to retirement wondering if they will be able to keep their jobs and ever retire.

It's devastating economically for so many people on every level.

It's a short term disaster that we will all get through.

The way forward for the living is so important for us all.

#7506 9 months ago

The 1999 version of The Oxford Companion to Food states that the flavor of fruit bats is similar to that of chicken, and that they are "clean animals living exclusively on fruit".[5] Bats are prepared in several manners, such as grilled, barbecued, deep fried, cooked in stews and in stir frys.[5] When deep fried, the entire bat may be cooked and consumed.[5]

During cooking, bats may emit strong odors reminiscent of urine and feces. This may be reduced by adding garlic, onion, chili pepper or beer during cooking.[5][39]

#7507 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let me tell you about some of the patients/client I serve on a daily basis.
Husband lost his job at the beginning of this crisis and found another one at a bank in Oklahoma starting next week. The wife is pregnant with their first child and he will have to commute back and forth until the situation gets better.
Pilot for SW airlines was contemplating retirement so he and his wife could spend more time with kids and grandkids. Now he is hoping they don't get furloughed and there is an airline industry to go back to in the near future. Same story for a few other SW pilot clients of mine.
My best friend and law professor died of a stroke last year as he was heading into retirement to spend time with his kids and grandkids. A terrible life tragedy.
Grandmother who has been dependent on generating "interest income" for monthly living expenses has seen interest rates drop to next to nothing. That story is overwhelming.
Small business owners, including doctors, lawyers, engineers, you name it, wondering how they are going through this to the other side economically.
So many people getting close to retirement wondering if they will be able to keep their jobs and ever retire.
It's devastating economically for so many people on every level.
It's a short term disaster that we will all get through.
The way forward for the living is so important for us all.

I hope they all make it through ok.

#7508 9 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

Today marks 8452 covid-19 deaths in the USA.
4 days ago is was 4053.
If this pace holds, by Easter Sunday it will be over 30k

208 deaths in Canada thus far.

#7509 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Gizzard:

Just putting this here for reference in two weeks.
I cannot believe you are citing China and South Korea getting back to work. You know WHY they are getting back to work? Because they shut their countries down. In China during the outbreak you were ARRESTED for stepping out of your home without papers and a mask.
Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea. Clearly we can't rely on the responsibility of Americans to do the right thing. Have to have some more dollars to buy that next Stern LE I guess.

Sorry, we don't live in a communist society Doc, its a TERRIBLE idea, we aren't ever going to surrender personal freedoms in this country at any cost. LOL

Get a grip on the numbers and facts. I don't think you understand either. But i hope the best for you.

#7510 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yup, it's chilling. We are at over 13k cases across Canada, which is where USA was on March 19th. We are extremely lucky to have the extra lead-in time and we hope flattening the curve will help turn the tide. We will need a few more days of data to see the kind of impact. fingers crossed...

Another local story, and sadly no Wu-Tang Clan are involved this time: Covid confirmed at a major local hospital, and no one knows the point of infection. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/covid-19-ottawa-hospital-civic-campus-outbreak-1.5522246

#7511 9 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

Yup, it's chilling. We are at over 13k cases across Canada, which is where USA was on March 19th. We are extremely lucky to have the extra lead-in time and we hope flattening the curve will help turn the tide. We will need a few more days of data to see the kind of impact. fingers crossed...
Another local story, and sadly no Wu-Tang Clan are involved this time: Covid confirmed at a major local hospital, and no one knows the point of infection. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/covid-19-ottawa-hospital-civic-campus-outbreak-1.5522246

I hope so Cait, life will go on when the panic and fear subsides soon.

You have lots of space and a lack of a density in population or mass transit which seems to be a big negative like in NYC.

Hang in there.

#7512 9 months ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Love it, Gizzard!!!! There’s a whole bunch of pinsiders scratching their heads right now!
Now back to regular programming....[quoted image]

Why is the Japanese car representing China?

#7513 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You have lots of space and a lack of a density in population or mass transit which seems to be a big negative like in NYC.

We have "snowbirds". Lots of older people in Canada do winter in the American South, like Florida. We're all holding our breathe to see what the impact of that particular migration will have. No telling how many abided by the "quarantine for 14 days" directive upon return.

#7514 9 months ago

Interesting video on ventilators, why they are as complicated as they are, and why some of the homebrew ideas won't work as long-term ventilator solutions.

#7515 9 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

We have "snowbirds". Lots of older people in Canada do winter in the American South, like Florida. We're all holding our breathe to see what the impact of that particular migration will have. No telling how many abided by the "quarantine for 14 days" directive upon return.

We have a lot of Canadians that come to South Texas as well. Port Aransas and South Padre. Those areas have been shut off recently except for residents but we always welcome the "snowbirds" down south!

#7516 9 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The good news is I bought a new pinball machine last week, and its awesome....picked it up on Monday (without a mask), and drove it home

What did you get?

#7517 9 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

What did you get?

image-10 Small (resized).jpg
#7518 9 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

What did you get?

A really nice IJ

#7519 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

That game wouldn't be permitted in my house

#7521 9 months ago
Quoted from PinJim:

And yet we want to destroy our economy and way of life so we can maybe save our elderly and vulnerable? I know what I’m say is blunt. It may not be popular. But it’s what I see as reality.

I can't believe people are still saying it's just affecting the elderly or those with underlying health issues. Yeah they are at higher risk but unfortunately there are plenty of examples of younger and otherwise healthy people dying as well.

#7522 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Gizzard:

Tell that to Italy. Oh wait, their fatality rate is 11% because their healthcare system got overwhelmed.
You guys are complaining after TWO WEEKS? I get it, everyone has a breaking point. A few people apparently can't handle two weeks.

That’s what I’m laughing (crying?) about. People are going all Mad Max end of the world and it’s been TWO WEEKS! and if it goes another 2 months and this country can’t handle it it’s just proof that our way of life is a farce and our economy is fake. And no one will die because all the resources - natural or otherwise - still exist. And all the technology. And all the means of production.

And guess what? The people that own them might have to actually share them! Spread the wealth! Feed the people. House the people. Clothe the people. Heal the people. It’s all here. This isn’t Thunderdome.

#7523 9 months ago

There are 7.8 Billion people worldwide

As of last count there are about 64k reported deaths worldwide, 8500 in the US.

Think about the ramifications economically around the world of a total shutdown like we are experiencing for much longer.

We in the US and Canada will survive it, developing countries and that population that rely on worldwide trade will be devastated the longer it goes on. Mexico, South America?

Don't care? Hopefully not.

#7524 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don’t trust projections. Always skewed for the worst case scenario BUT Ok

We have a little bit in common. I don't trust Wall Street analysts whose only mantra is " this stock is a buy. It will only go up". And then when it tanks to $2.00 per share they finally say "sell" but only very quietly on page 6 below the fold.

#7525 9 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

I can't believe people are still saying it's just affecting the elderly or those with underlying health issues. Yeah they are at higher risk but unfortunately there are plenty of examples of younger and otherwise healthy people dying as well.

"Plenty of examples"? How many? What are the statistics when you say that.

#7526 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:You guys can stress out all you want but when it’s over soon we are going back to normal.

Then that sucks. Normal is no masks, no tests, no ventilators, no plan, no nothing. Nada. Who in their right minds would want to go back to “normal”?

#7527 9 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

I can't believe people are still saying it's just affecting the elderly or those with underlying health issues. Yeah they are at higher risk but unfortunstely there are plenty of examples of younger and otherwise healthy people dying as well.

From what I have seen in terms of victims, some of the underlying conditions are diabetes, hypertension, asthma, mild obesity or worse, smoking, and drinking. How many of us fall into at least one of those categories? A lot I would guess.

#7528 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And less than an hour later, Canada added another 23 for a total of 231. I'll extrapolate that as an hourly rate. 23 per hour. At this rate, in 24 hours another 552 will be added. We'll see.

#7529 9 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

We have a little bit in common. I don't trust Wall Street analysts whose only mantra is " this stock is a buy. It will only go up". And then when it tanks to $2.00 per share they finally say "sell" but only very quietly on page 6 below the fold.

Exactly, can't trust any model generated by anyone with an agenda, and anyone that hasn't figured out that "Wall Street" is really running things right now then they don't understand reality.

#7530 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We in the US and Canada will survive it, developing countries and that population that rely on worldwide trade will be devastated the longer it goes on. Mexico, South America?

Agreed, we really do need to be thinking more as a global community and less as feuding nation-states.

#7531 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:Sorry TFA but your world view ain’t gonna happen brother

You might be surprised. Brother. The times they are a changin’. Big time. This crisis is shining a bright light on so much. You’d have to be blind not to see it. And a fool not to acknowledge it. And a chicken not to do something about it. In my humble opinion of course.

#7532 9 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Then that sucks. Normal is no masks, no tests, no ventilators, no plan, no nothing. Nada. Who in their right minds would want to go back to “normal”?

"Next time" after all this panic and chaos, despite ignoring it for Zika, Sars, Ebola, we will be much better "prepared" as a nation and world.

I guarantee you NYC will be with all your masks, tests and ventilators. Then again, that's up to the Mayor and Governor going forward.

#7533 9 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

And less than an hour later, Canada added another 23 for a total of 231. I'll extrapolate that as an hourly rate. 23 per hour. At this rate, in 24 hours another 552 will be added. We'll see.

23 is the daily deaths for April 4th that got added to the chart. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/canada/
I'm not sure you're reading/understanding the data accurately.

#7535 9 months ago

That’s what I’m laughing (crying?) about. People are going all Mad Max end of the world and it’s been TWO WEEKS!

YOU are kind of acting like that more than anyone!

#7536 9 months ago

Please read your articles Doc, "the risk of dying is in the older population"!

That's the ENTIRE point here. Those "at risk" of DYING. Not getting the flu virus.

You can't extrapolate a few people to 7.8 Billion worldwide.

There is a HUGE number of "coronavirus deaths" that also are the result of co-morbidity such as heart disease, diabetes, heart attacks etc.

Why is it that people can't see the obvious?

#7537 9 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

YOU are kind of acting like that more than anyone!

Screenshot_20200404-222559~2 (resized).png
#7538 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Please read your articles Doc, "the risk of dying is in the older population"!
That's the ENTIRE point here. Those "at risk" of DYING. Not getting the flu virus.

If you look at what I said, I also agree that the elderly and those with health issues were at higher risk. But others are also dying that dont fit that category.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/health/dj-conrad-buchanan-coronavirus-death/index.html

#7539 9 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

If you look at what I said, I also agree that the elderly and those with health issues were at higher risk. But others are also dying that dont fit that category.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/health/dj-conrad-buchanan-coronavirus-death/index.html

One person? With unknown underlying conditions?

If people are going to freak out over that ratio to the total population then there really is no hope.

#7540 9 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

I really think some people are going to get sued for misleading the public and getting people killed.
These clips are damning. https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1246146713523453957?s=19

It’s shameful. And yet instead of owning up to it, like a person with integrity and compassion would do, these people grandstand and gaslight and basically, look you in the eye and lie to your face. Good. To. Know. I like knowing who the enemy is.

#7541 9 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

No TP for our bungles yet at all around here Dad. Sure the heck glad that I stocked up a little bit. If I dont have any this time next month I may have to start using all of my old magazines or something. That would be bad!!

#7542 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You guys can stress out all you want but when it’s over soon we are going back to normal.

I really hope you are right, but so far your prognostications have not exactly been of the steller variety.

#7543 9 months ago

You haven’t burnt one single calorie to understand this crisis any better than you did two weeks ago have you? And you’re proud of it!

It is actually quite remarkable in its own pathetic way......

#7544 9 months ago

https://www.britannica.com/event/Asian-flu-of-1957

My 81 yr old parents survived the Asian flu back in college. Killed an estimated 1-2 million people.

Here we are today. Somehow made it through.

#7545 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Man I’m just trying to overcome the wall of worry and chaos with some simple truth and economic reality.
It’s all gonna be good
People are gonna die. Maybe I’m predisposed to death because I plan for it with my clients every day. And I go to plenty of client funerals every year. The kids and grandkids carry on the legacy
Have a little faith people

Faith in what? Death? Yeah. And taxes. Oldest maxim in the book. Thanks for verifying what every living thing understands most of their conscious lives.

We’re all gonna die! Revelation!

#7546 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:https://www.britannica.com/event/Asian-flu-of-1957
My 81 yr old parents survived the Asian flu back in college. Killed an estimated 1-2 million people.
Here we are today. Somehow made it through.

Did you see that 105 yr old WWII vet? Survived this, WWII, and Spanish flu. Some f.ing people..

#7547 9 months ago

This thread has turned into total bullshit with people pushing their own agendas and arguing their crap beliefs into the ground.

I’m out.

If and when it gets back to meiniful and useful information I’ll be back.
Until then have fun.

0D265FA4-A9D9-40F3-BC87-C58DD5C0EA8B (resized).jpeg
#7548 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:It's at $240 now, isn't it?
I can only assume Ice is buying as much of it as he can, every day.

Until the margin call.

#7549 9 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I really hope you are right, but so far your prognostications have not exactly been of the steller variety.

I'm about hope and optimism. Not doom and gloom.

This is a LONG life we live. That's long-term. Short term panic and chaos create opportunity.

Just saying.

#7550 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Get a grip on the numbers and facts. I don't think you understand either. But i hope the best for you.

Yep, sure you do. Let's talk in 2 weeks and we'll see who understands how a disease spreads better. A physician or an accountant.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 47.95
Lighting - Interactive
MicksPinball
$ 60.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
B & K Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 199.99
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 2.50
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 7,699.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 21316 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 427.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside