272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 576.
#7401 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Would you accept one or both of your kids died?

Dies for what? For society to continue vs 200 years of collapse? Or die so a fuel truck could make it another 25 miles down the road? Not a simple answer to the question. But I’m not greedy and want the best for humankind. Even at great personal sacrifice.

#7402 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I try to not make ANYTHING I do harm another person. That's my line.

Sheesh... PantherCityPins takes this so seriously, you’d think he swore some kind of oath or something?

#7403 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

We should all be scared of that outcome, for real....it is becoming more of a possibility the longer this goes on.
The fatality rate is .66% for SARS-Covid19. Worth the biggest economic collapse of all time??

Tell that to Italy. Oh wait, their fatality rate is 11% because their healthcare system got overwhelmed.

You guys are complaining after TWO WEEKS? I get it, everyone has a breaking point. A few people apparently can't handle two weeks.

#7404 3 years ago

You guys can stress out all you want but when it’s over soon we are going back to normal.

#7405 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Like I said, my mind is malleable. Maybe after some thought I’ll change my mind. Just seems extreme right now.
I miss the days of being 16 with a cute girl in the passenger seat, driving along, smoking doobies, listening to music without a care in the world...

I can appreciate that. We all feel nostalgic that way. Change is upsetting. It’s the unknown. I just think you’re going way overboard with this mad max stuff. I also think part of our problem as a society is nostalgia for smoking doobies without a care in the world while a very large part of the world lives in poverty or oppression. I’m part of that problem. In my heart of hearts I want to fix it. Maybe this is the opportunity.

Frankly, I couldn’t care less if Wal-Mart and Amazon (And so many others) and their respective cultures survive this. But that’s just me.

#7406 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your point makes no sense.
There is almost ZERO drawback to everybody wearing a face covering in public. I can't think of a significant one.
There IS however clear drawbacks to ruining a child's life, attacking his family, and running them out of town.
This may be the worst analogy ever. Just sayin'.

It’s over reactivation. I’m sorry that you can’t see the analogy.

#7407 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:Getting groceries is irresponsible? How about going to Lowe's when you don't have to and possibly continuing to spread this virus? That's not irresponsible?
Your logic is a little flawed.

How do you know they don't have to get a part to fix something in their house, because something broke in their house and nobody is available to fix....I don't get the "end of the world mentality people have" I get being smart about it, but theres a point where it all gets ridiculous

#7408 3 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Moderators, can we get a "sociopath spreading dangerous misinformation and/or lies" tag for reporting please? And a permanent thread eject if said person receives enough votes?
I'd really like to come here to learn about the coronavirus instead of having to wade through a small number of relentless sociopaths who can't take a hint despite literally hundreds of downvotes and rational people like actual doctors trying to set the record straight.
It's going to get people killed. It's not funny or entertaining, and it's on a par with shouting fire in a theater.

Redacted

#7409 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I can appreciate that. We all feel nostalgic that way. Change is upsetting. It’s the unknown. I just think you’re going way overboard with this mad max stuff. I also think part of our problem as a society is nostalgia for smoking doobies without a care in the world while a very large part of the world lives in poverty or oppression. I’m part of that problem. in unheard I hearts I want to fix it. Maybe this is the opportunity.
Frankly, I couldn’t care less if Wal-Mart and Amazon (And so many others) and their respective cultures survive this. But that’s just me.

Sorry TFA but your world view ain’t gonna happen brother

#7410 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

created looting and riots,

wait what

#7411 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I enjoy the mental volley here. It’s great to hear other perspectives. I learned a long time ago: there are a lot of people in this world who are a lot smarter than me. In work, I hire them and listen to what they say. In my personal life, I listen. Let’s not take this personal. Lots of opinions out there. ...

All true, and this thread is bringing them all together. I'm glad you can enjoy it for what it is.

We won't all agree with everyone else, especially on this subject. All I ask is that everyone remains cordial to each other.

I wish everyone good health, and I hope you all are able to spend time with loved ones during all this.

#7412 3 years ago

This thread needs a higher on fire gauge!

#7413 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

It’s over reactivation. I’m sorry that you can’t see the analogy.

It's not an analogy. It's just a bunch of stuff you said.

Comparing the mild inconvinence of wearing a mask to what happened to Ryan White is not a sound analogy.

#7414 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I believe what we do now will greatly impact what the next 30-60 days is like. There is no good answer for this.

Exactly, and ironically it will be the “business as usual” / “I won’t wear a mask” crew that extends things beyond May, if it comes to that.

#7416 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Seriously mods. Why was this moderated, but Iceman and PinJim haven’t been?

For what, an opinion that you don’t like?

Hope and optimism?

#7417 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not an analogy. It's just a bunch of stuff you said.
Seriously. It makes no sense. I don't think you know what an analogy is.

Ok, you win.

#7418 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry TFA but your world view ain’t gonna happen brother

No doubt

#7419 3 years ago

#perspective

Common sense

Hope

Facts

#7420 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hope and optimism?

Havent u figured out that many on this thread don't like hope and optimism...they would rather stay home and watch CNN and listen to NPR all day....

#7421 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I too have been moderated for comments towards iceman. Very very sad that it has come to this. Goodbye pinside... thank you for the info these past 2 weeks. Thank you for the sense of community I’ve found here. Power to the people .... gimme some truth...working class heroes don’t mean nothing here.

#7422 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

You need to make an abuse report and /or moderator feedback post.
Please stop replying to violations (alleged violations). Refer to the pinside rules, or check out posts #1 and #3386

#7423 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

How do you know they don't have to get a part to fix something in their house, because something broke in their house and nobody is available to fix....I don't get the "end of the world mentality people have" I get being smart about it, but theres a point where it all gets ridiculous

Did you miss the part where I said "when you don't have to"?

#7424 3 years ago

The ONLY people talking about "end of the world" are the people who think it's the end of the world that Appelbee's is going to be closed all summer.

THEY are the ones who are overreacting, not the people who want to listen to the likes of Dr. Fauci.

Just keep with your strawman nonsense if it makes you feel better, it's not going to change anything and it's not going to end this any quicker.

If the mighty US economy is as strong as you guys think it is, we can survive a relative shutdown for a while. I personally don't think it's going to take forever to recover after we do this the right way. In a way, the likes of Ice have convinced me of that. No reason to rush through it, we'll be ok.

#7425 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Right. How will you feel about it if we close the economy for 6 months, society collapses and a gang of thugs show up at your house with AK47s? I guess they beat you at the game of Darwinism?

Now who’s being hysterical?

#7426 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Sorry, I can't because I have to worry about taking care of all the people who come into my office and into my hospital sick as shit because of idiots who think this is all "fake news".

I really think some people are going to get sued for misleading the public and getting people killed.
These clips are damning. https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1246146713523453957?s=19

#7427 3 years ago

Redacted

#7429 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hope and optimism?

Sorry, but this is bunk. This was not the intent of your posts. We've been watching this same playbook for 3 years elsewhere, it's pretty obvious.

For the record, it isn't that we don't want you to be right, but perhaps pretending you are smarter than the experts and being in your face to others and insulting them isn't the way to go about it. Most of the people here don't believe this is the end of the world, neither via the pandemic or economically. Sounds to me it's just a difference of what you think is more important in life.

#7430 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO
Yes he's right. This is all a big hoax, it's no worse than the flu, and we are all overreacting. Also, the stock market is rock solid and only morons are bailing out, and the smart thing to do is buy buy buy.
That's his bit from a month ago.
Now he's back, with the exact same act, with mild alterations, still saying it's overblown, still saying buy buy buy, still saying this will all be over in a month. The only real difference is now 100-200K dead from what he was calling a hoax a month ago is a tremendous accomplishment, and he's making jokes about how I'm going to die soon.
You can hope all you want. He is not right (in many, many ways).

You joke, but he did give us the rock solid financial advice of eat all the Apple you can at $300, $280 and $260.

I cant wait for 2022 to get here so he can gloat about being right.

#7431 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Havent u figured out that many on this thread don't like hope and optimism...they would rather stay home and watch CNN and listen to NPR all day....

Man I’m just trying to overcome the wall of worry and chaos with some simple truth and economic reality.

It’s all gonna be good

People are gonna die. Maybe I’m predisposed to death because I plan for it with my clients every day. And I go to plenty of client funerals every year. The kids and grandkids carry on the legacy

Have a little faith people

#7432 3 years ago

Hey, this is off topic but you know what movie my kids really like?

91+40T4HZHL._SY445_ (resized).jpg91+40T4HZHL._SY445_ (resized).jpg
#7433 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

You joke, but he did give us the rock solid financial advice of eat all the Apple you can at $300, $280 and $260.
I cant wait for 2022 to get here so he can gloat about being right.

It's at $240 now, isn't it?

I can only assume Ice is buying as much of it as he can, every day.

#7434 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You guys can stress out all you want but when it’s over soon we are going back to normal.

OK I get it you are trying to wind people up. I know you can't believe this.

#7435 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Right. How will you feel about it if we close the economy for 6 months, society collapses and a gang of thugs show up at your house with AK47s? I guess they beat you at the game of Darwinism?

I would expect the US Army and Marines and National Guard - and cops! - to mow down the Mad Max crew in short order. We’ll all be the better for it.

I have two Seal Team 6 members in my immediate family. I have the utmost confidence that our military can do the right thing in OUR country, just like they kick ass in freaking anarchic situations as a matter of course around the world ALL the time.

YMMV.

#7436 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:Man I’m just trying to overcome the wall of worry and chaos with some simple truth and economic reality.
It’s all gonna be good
People are gonna die. Maybe I’m predisposed to death because I plan for it with my clients every day. And I go to plenty of client funerals every year. The kids and grandkids carry on the legacy
Have a little faith people

They don't want to hear it...more people will die from poverty, stress, and suicide if we don't get back to work soon....

#7437 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They don't want to hear it...more people will die from poverty, stress, and suicide if we don't get back to work soon....

What's it been 3 weeks? In the same vein of 'let those at risk be the ones inconvenienced', then maybe I say 'let those who aren't financially responsible be on their own'. People can't survive 2-3 weeks w/o money? Why should everyone else be at risk because you don't know how to save money?

/note I don't agree with this thought process on either side - just pointing out the hypocrisy.

#7438 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The ONLY people talking about "end of the world" are the people who think it's the end of the world that Appelbee's is going to be closed all summer.
THEY are the ones who are overreacting, not the people who want to listen to the likes of Dr. Fauci.
Just keep with your strawman nonsense if it makes you feel better, it's not going to change anything and it's not going to end this any quicker.

Brother Levi, the virus is gonna end when it ends, May, June, July?

The economy is gonna get back and life is going back to normal soon enough despite that

It’s not a choice. Stress, anxiety and job loss is also not a way of life.

30-60 days to get health care system propped up so they can do their jobs properly and then we have to move on with life

I have great confidence in the extraordinary people working on this issue to defeat and tamp it down. You should too

#7439 3 years ago

#7440 3 years ago

Why are people still talking about iceman? What, people got modded for comments towards iceman? Didn't everyone ignore him months ago? Seriously, if the site banned the top 20 posters every month - it would be a better place.

Just ignore the top 20 posters and this site is amazing.

Jesus, some of these guys don't have a life.

#7441 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

It’s not stressful for me. I am well prepared.

AK-47 stash?

#7442 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I would expect the US Army and Marines and National Guard - and cops! - to mow down the Mad Max crew in short order. We’ll all be the better for it.
I have two Seal Team 6 members in my immediate family. I have the utmost confidence that our military can do the right thing in OUR country, just like they kick ass in freaking anarchic situations as a matter of course around the world ALL the time.
YMMV.

I have no doubt the US military is bad ass. But without a govt to support them...

#7443 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What's it been 3 weeks? In the same vein of 'let those at risk be the ones inconvenienced', then maybe I say 'let those who aren't financially responsible be on their own'. People can't survive 2-3 weeks w/o money? Why should everyone else be at risk because you don't know how to save money?
/note I don't agree with this thought process on either side - just pointing out the hypocrisy.

All good if u don't agree....if 3 weeks ends up being 8-12 weeks we will have much bigger problems....

#7444 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Brother Levi, the virus is gonna end when it ends, May, June, July?
The economy is gonna get back and life is going back to normal soon enough despite that
It’s not a choice. Stress, anxiety and job loss is also not a way of life.
30-60 days to get health care system propped up so they can do their jobs properly and then we have to move on with life
I have great confidence in the extraordinary people working on this issue to defeat and tamp it down. You should too

Do I sound stressed to you? I'm not. I'm not stressed about the economy. I'm not stressed about the virus. Im taking life EXTREMELY easy right now and that's exactly what everybody else should be doing.

The people tilting at windmills trying to convince us all this is a nothingburger and we should sacrifice potentially hundreds of thousands of people for the sake of "the economy" and what happened to Ryan White seem a lot more stressed to me.

#7445 3 years ago

Could go one of these. Alas McDs is closed for 3 more weeks

t-mcdonalds-Filet-O-Fish (resized).jpgt-mcdonalds-Filet-O-Fish (resized).jpg
#7446 3 years ago

It's amazing how concerned some people have recently become about poverty, suicide and mental health issues in the country.

#7447 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

OK I get it you are trying to wind people up. I know you can't believe this.

Seriously? Of course i do believe this 1000%

I’m not living in a world of doom and gloom

I see South Korea and China going back to work.

We have to do the same.

How about some positive approach amidst all the chaos?

It’s gonna get better, much better over the next 30 days

Australia has reported 30 deaths. Where are you coming from?

#7448 3 years ago

Nah, more just a plan. I’m a controls engineer by trade. So I figure I could somewhat automate the protection of my property. That and a lot of ammo. And supporting people. I’m sure there are people who are better prepared...

#7449 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Could go one of these. Alas McDs is closed for 3 more weeks [quoted image]

I’m sure Odin can ship you a few.

#7450 3 years ago

I think you missed the part of why CHina and SK are going back to work....hint: lots of things we didn't do.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/149 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.