272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 576.
#7301 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Getting groceries is irresponsible. How about going to Lowe's when you don't have to and possibly continuing to spread this virus? That's not irresponsible?
Your logic is a little flawed.

I will admit, it's interesting that Texas isn't getting hit that hard yet, even though it is on the list to be a hotspot soon.

#7302 4 years ago

You're not telling us anything we don't already know.
Here's the real question, are you saying you are willing to sacrifice someone else's life to preserve your what, income? Ability to go to Lowe's?
Exactly what are you willing to sacrifice someone else's mom or grandmother for? How many people are you willing to sacrifice? 1? 10? 100? What's the line for to preserve your personal way of life? Is it too much to ask that you inconvenience yourself for 30 days to save someone's life? 60? How much inconvenience is it for you to just wear a mask in public?

Yes. When does it end? When you say it’s over? And no I don’t have a mask or toilet paper because I didn’t hoard from the people that actually need it.

There will be sacrifices made, it’s already monumental with regard to stress, anxiety, loss of jobs, suicide, alcohol and drug abuse etc

#7303 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My 81 parents have grocery delivery.

Thats alot of groceries and parents

#7304 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes. When does it end? When you say it’s over? And no I don’t have a mask or toilet paper because I didn’t hoard from the people that actually need it.
There will be sacrifices made, it’s already monumental with regard to stress, anxiety, loss of jobs, suicide, alcohol and drug abuse etc

When does it end? I don't know yet.

Is it too much to ask you to stay the hell home at least until we stop exponentially increasing cases and deaths each day? How bout we start there?

#7305 4 years ago

Is it too much to ask you to stay the hell home at least until we stop exponentially increasing cases and deaths each day? How bout we start there?

Yes it is too much. I am part of the “essential service industry”

Where do you live?

#7306 4 years ago

*popcorn* gif

#7307 4 years ago

iceman44

Please leave

#7308 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I did a bunch of Wills and Trusts last week for the procrastinators

I sure hope you didn't meet with them in person, and if you did, I hope you disclosed your personal negligence philosophy prior.

#7309 4 years ago

You worry about taking care of yourself. How about we start there?

As long as YOU stay home you have nothing to worry about

#7310 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Where do you live?

In reality.

#7311 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You worry about taking care of yourself. How about we start there?
As long as YOU stay home you have nothing to worry about

Sorry, I can't because I have to worry about taking care of all the people who come into my office and into my hospital sick as shit because of idiots who think this is all "fake news". I have to worry about them first. I also have to worry about whether I am bringing this home to my family every night because I see patients every day who have COVID symptoms and send them for testing.

But hey, don't let any of that get in the way of your mulch buying at Lowe's.

#7312 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I sure hope you didn't meet with them in person, and if you did, I hope you disclosed your personal negligence philosophy prior.

Like I said, I’m part of “essential service”

Tax returns etc. Most people don’t come in. Some do. A lot of Zoom meetings

I had one guy wearing a mask and gloves last week. He’s protecting himself

Most of my staff is at work, although I made it optional for them to work at home. A few do

#7313 4 years ago

Sorry, I can't because I have to worry about taking care of all the people who come into my office and into my hospital sick as shit because of idiots who think this is all "fake news". I have to worry about them first. I also have to worry about whether I am bringing this home to my family every night because I see patients every day who have COVID symptoms and send them for testing.
But hey, don't let any of that get in the way of your mulch buying at Lowe's.

Don’t worry I won’t worry one iota

And btw, I’ve had an emergency room doc in last week along with 3 or 4 other Docs the week before

I have a nurse client that has seen TWO patients, one that recovered and one that had underlying conditions and also recovered

Btw, I glad you have a job to do. Many families have NOTHING right now and are struggling

#7314 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:You're not telling us anything we don't already know.
Here's the real question, are you saying you are willing to sacrifice someone else's life to preserve your what, income? Ability to go to Lowe's?
Exactly what are you willing to sacrifice someone else's mom or grandmother for? How many people are you willing to sacrifice? 1? 10? 100? What's the line for to preserve your personal way of life? Is it too much to ask that you inconvenience yourself for 30 days to save someone's life? 60? How much inconvenience is it for you to just wear a mask in public?

Can you answer your own question? What’s you line? Would you sit at home, out of work, for 2 years to save a life? Or out of work for 1 day to save 1 million lives? I suspect I know the answer to both questions. But what’s the tipping point between the two?

I’ve accepted that people will die from this, and frankly, have to die so we can sustain “life as we know it”. My own father would die before accepting that he *might* live for 5 more years, only to devastate the lives of his children and grandchildren. I’m 43, and I feel the same. I’d sacrifice myself so my kids can have a better life.

I know that could be interpreted as “f your grandma, your parents, etc.”. I could interpret the opposite position as “f me and my kids”. Halting the economy for 2 months to save the lives of people who may live another few years is foolish. The end result is devastating to me financially, and thus will hurt my offspring too. It’s a shit sandwhich, I know. My parents are old. My in-laws are not in good health. It sucks. I will lose family members.

We go to war to fight for our beliefs systems, to sustain our way of life. In war we send kids in to do our “dirty work”. And yet we want to destroy our economy and way of life so we can maybe save our elderly and vulnerable? I know what I’m say is blunt. It may not be popular. But it’s what I see as reality.

And even if we distance and pause, there’s no stopping the virus. Short of a vaccine. We may slow it down and save some lives. And destroy a lot more in the process. Don’t let the cure be worse than the disease...

#7315 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Can you answer your own question? What’s you line? Would you sit at home, out of work, for 2 years to save a life? Or out of work for 1 day to save 1 million lives? I suspect I know the answer to both questions. But what’s the tipping point between the two?
I’ve accepted that people will die from this, and frankly, have to die so we can sustain “life as we know it”. My own father would die before accepting that he *might* live for 5 more years, only to devastate the lives of his children and grandchildren. I’m 43, and I feel the same. I’d sacrifice myself so my kids can have a better life.
I know that could be interpreted as “f your grandma, your parents, etc.”. I could interpret the opposite position as “f me and my kids”. Halting the economy for 2 months to save the lives of people who may live another few years is foolish. The end result is devastating to me financially, and thus will hurt my offspring too. It’s a shit sandwhich, I know. My parents are old. My in-laws are not in good health. It sucks. I will lose family members.
We go to war to fight for our beliefs systems, to sustain our way of life. In war we send kids in to do our “dirty work”. And yet we want to destroy our economy and way of life so we can maybe save our elderly and vulnerable? I know what I’m say is blunt. It may not be popular. But it’s what I see as reality.
And even if we distance and pause, there’s no stopping the virus. Short of a vaccine. We may slow it down and save some lives. And destroy a lot more in the process. Don’t let the cure be worse than the disease...

Yes, your position boils down to "f you and your family". Congratulations.

And my line is ZERO. I go to work every day to try and help patients. I go directly home every day after work. We go to the grocery store only when we have to. My kids haven't been outside of our front yard in 3 weeks. I try to not make ANYTHING I do harm another person. That's my line.

#7316 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes. When does it end? When you say it’s over? And no I don’t have a mask or toilet paper because I didn’t hoard from the people that actually need it. There will be sacrifices made.

I mean, this has been said a billion times already but...It ends when we have a vaccine. We limit the speed of the spread by staying inside and showing restraint and self control. Right, now you may have or have not be infected. Maybe you’ll infect others and family while feeling fine for up to 2 weeks. There’s just to many unknowns.

#7317 4 years ago

The bulk of what these people are really trying to say is 2 things:

1. Money over people
2. Why should I be inconvenienced because of someone elses problem

Basically, the part of the American mentality that most of the world hates.

Learn some empathy, and learn that not everything revolves around what you want.

#7318 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

1. Money over people
Learn some empathy, and learn that not everything revolves around what you want.

This.

#7319 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Fuck it.
I’m going to have unprotected sex with a heroin addict while drinking and driving.
And I ain’t wearing no seatbelt either.
You all can’t tell me what to do.
Merica.

Yes EH but you forgot to say "Were #1" and USA USA We just wanna know who hijacked the masks from the Germans

#7320 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I mean, this has been said a billion times already but...It ends when we have a vaccine. We limit the speed of the spread by staying inside and showing restraint and self control. Right, now you may have or have not be infected. Maybe you’ll infect others and family while feeling fine for up to 2 weeks. There’s just to many unknowns.

That’s not true. A vaccine will be great, along with the therapeutics and other drugs that are currently helpful in treating the virus.

We still have to live life, have an economy to go back to, in no way shape or form can the economy wait to restart until a vaccine is approved next year

All these people say “I don’t know when”. The “when” part is coming very soon as the medical system gets built up to handle the cases like NYC

The economy will restart soon, like it or not. 30 days, 45 days whatever. It’s coming in that timeframe. China is back to work almost 100%

Or they will be nothing left to pay for anything

#7321 4 years ago

Yes, your position boils down to "f you and your family". Congratulations.
And my line is ZERO. I go to work every day to try and help patients. I go directly home every day after work. We go to the grocery store only when we have to. My kids haven't been outside of our front yard in 3 weeks. That's my line.

Look, I don’t like it. I’m absolutely, 100% doing what I can to stop it. I’m working from home and only leave to get food. I cancelled a camping trip with my father. We haven’t seen my inlaws for weeks.

But it can’t go on forever. We have to open up business. Eventually, the US as we know it will collapse if we don’t start bringing in tax revenue. Businesses will go under. We literally could be in a mad max society.

I’m not trying to disrespect you. I think there’s some middle ground. I just suspect that shutting down society is a short term solution. Six months of shut down will have serious, long term consequences. I don’t know how long we can remain shut down. I’m guessing nobody does...not even our leadership. It’s too complex of an equation.

#7322 4 years ago

If some want a little break from all the negativity

Comedy Central is doing a live Laugh Aid right now on youtube. Just getting started.

#7323 4 years ago

Why isn’t there the same outrage every year for the tens of thousands that die from the ordinary flu virus, drug overdose, cancer, alcohol abuse, diabetes, abortion, etc etc?

That’s why we have Doctors and a medical system right?

And drug companies?

#7324 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

1. Money over people

Sorry, but that’s a very short sighted view of the situation. Would you be ok with a complete collapse of the US? Government ceases to exist? Food is obtained via bartering? Medicine is gone. He who has the best weapons rules, and those who lack protection get shot and killed for their goods? I could go on. And it could be reality.

It’s a lot deeper than what’s in my 401k. It’s about providing stability for myself and my family.

#7325 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why isn’t there the same outrage every year for the tens of thousands that die from the ordinary flu virus, drug overdose, cancer, alcohol abuse, diabetes, abortion, etc etc?

Wow man, you claim you are smart. Educate yourself. We're in April, this has been known for over a month.

#7326 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Look, I don’t like it. I’m absolutely, 100% doing what I can to stop it. I’m working from home and only leave to get food. I cancelled a camping trip with my father. We haven’t seen my inlaws for weeks.
But it can’t go on forever. We have to open up business. Eventually, the US as we know it will collapse if we don’t start bringing in tax revenue. Businesses will go under. We literally could be in a mad max society.
I’m not trying to disrespect you. I think there’s some middle ground. I just suspect that shutting down society is a short term solution. Six months of shut down will have serious, long term consequences. I don’t know how long we can remain shut down. I’m guessing nobody does...not even our leadership. It’s too complex of an equation.

No one said the economy has to be shut down forever. I do think if we start to reopen things before June we are going to see another spike in cases.

It's a question of do you want to do the right thing for a couple of months or do the wrong thing and start all over again?

#7327 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I’m guessing nobody does...not even our leadership. It’s too complex of an equation.

if our leaders worldwide had have listened to the people who know and not had their collective heads up their ass or a head so big it can't fit thru the door we wouldn't be in near as bad a shape as we are now. They all had notice, but lacked the will to do what was needed until it was way too late. Now we ALL suffer the consequences

#7328 4 years ago

Since we can’t have a sub forum for politics and religion.
Can we get one for self centered egotists?

#7329 4 years ago

It would be nice if empathy and human decency could trump psychopathy and exploitation...
Unless you have a good leader that can explain the common good will be served by seeming altruistic moves in the short term....you are doomed to be derailed by the short sighted and feeble minded.

#7330 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And drug companies?

Yes, tens of thousands of people die every year from the flu. EVERY YEAR.

Coronavirus has killed 8,400 people in the last 20 DAYS. It will likely kill another 10-20,000 in the next 20 DAYS.

At the current doubling time you will have around 1-1.2 MILLION COVID-19 cases in the US by Easter. And that's WITH all the current measures.

Wake up.

#7331 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

if our leaders worldwide had have listened to the people who know and not had their collective heads up their ass or a head so big it can't fit thru the door we wouldn't be in near as bad a shape as we are now. They all had notice, but lacked the will to do what was needed until it was way too late. Now we ALL suffer the consequences

You’re damn right about that. I may get moderated for this statement, but it may effect how I vote this year. What a f’ing mess they created by turning a blind eye to the tragedy that was about to unfold before them. And it continues to this day. Look at South Carolina. They are “different”. Smh....

#7332 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

It would be nice if empathy and human decency could trump psychopathy and exploitation...
Unless you have a good leader that can explain the common good will be served by seeming altruistic moves in the short term....you are doomed to be derailed by the short sighted and feeble minded.

You have that already- you know the short sighted and feable minded leader

#7333 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Where was Dr Fauci and Dr Birx and the rest of the medical community when it first started ?

You heard the answer.

Sorry but this isn’t the world I’m living in

You guys need to find some faith and hope

In the meantime, the world economy has to survive despite it sounding crass and insensitive

#7334 4 years ago

Such a sad man

#7335 4 years ago

Yes, tens of thousands of people die every year from the flu. EVERY YEAR.
Coronavirus has killed 8,400 people in the last 20 DAYS. It will likely kill another 10-20,000 in the next 20 DAYS.
Wake up.

It is what is.

I’m woke to it

And “at risk” people need to take precaution!!!

Btw, I wouldn’t feel emboldened by the same crew that up votes you every time. It’s very predictable

#7336 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:That’s not true. A vaccine will be great, along with the therapeutics and other drugs that are currently helpful in treating the virus.
We still have to live life, have an economy to go back to, in no way shape or form can the economy wait to restart until a vaccine is approved next year
All these people say “I don’t know when”. The “when” part is coming very soon as the medical system gets built up to handle the cases like NYC
The economy will restart soon, like it or not. 30 days, 45 days whatever. It’s coming in that timeframe. China is back to work almost 100%
Or they will be nothing left to pay for anything

I think you missed my point but that’s not surprising. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you and leave it at that.

#7337 4 years ago

Flatten the curve... ignore the baiting and stupidity

pinside is there for you with the n95 stupidity mask... available in unlimited supplies... click on an avatar to get yours.

#7338 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Sorry, but that’s a very short sighted view of the situation. Would you be ok with a complete collapse of the US? Government ceases to exist? Food is obtained via bartering? Medicine is gone. He who has the best weapons rules, and those who lack protection get shot and killed for their goods? I could go on. And it could be reality.
It’s a lot deeper than what’s in my 401k. It’s about providing stability for myself and my family.

I don't think it should come to that. The government could prevent that. The problem is we're in this half assed state letting people make their own choices based on if they think this is an issue or not. If everyone agreed this was a large problem, we'd all be on the same page and this country would be shut down - economy on pause.

#7339 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I think you missed my point but that’s not surprising. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you and leave it at that.

Gee thanks. Hoping you get your arcade up soon

What about guys like poor Lloyd too?

Can’t have a myopic view on this

#7340 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gee thanks. Hoping you get your arcade up soon
What about guys like poor Lloyd too?
Can’t have a myopic view on this

Got any stock tips?

#7341 4 years ago

I bought my ACDC off of Iceman. Spoke with him on the phone quite a bit and it was a great deal, everything was as described. He's a good dude. Polarizing as hell and a total shit stirrer yeah, but a good dude who is a lot smarter than everyone thinks.
However, in this particular scenario, I'm gonna have to heed the good doctor's advice and not my tax attorney's.

#7342 4 years ago

No one said the economy has to be shut down forever. I do think if we start to reopen things before June we are going to see another spike in cases.
It's a question of do you want to do the right thing for a couple of months or do the wrong thing and start all over again?

You aren’t understanding the point. Kiss our way of life goodbye if we stay closed until August.

It’s not feasible, we are talking global carnage on a grand scale that will dwarf whatever a worst case scenario is from these data modelers.

Our economy drives the world’s economy. You do get that right? Add in all other countries’ economies getting blunted at a similar rate and you have something economically that we have never seen before, EVER! That scenario would make the Great Depression look like a mild recession.

#7343 4 years ago

I know this is off topic but this thread has to be setting a Pinside record for the number of posts in the least amount of time???? Do they track that?

#7344 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

You aren’t understanding the point. Kiss our way of life goodbye if we stay closed until August.
It’s not feasible, we are talking global carnage on a grand scale that will dwarf whatever a worst case scenario is from these data modelers.
Our economy drives the world’s economy. You do get that right? Add in all other countries’ economies getting blunted at a similar rate and you have something economically that we have never seen before, EVER! That scenario would make the Great Depression look like a mild recession.

Its preventable. Just takes someone with balls and more concerned about human life than the stock market value to figure this out. I get everyone is concerned about how they are going to pay their bills in May, but ask yourself why? Why are YOU concerned? Shouldn't the guy you're paying be concerned? What about the guy he's paying? See, that's the problem. If it fails, it's going to completely fail. We'll all be in the same boat. The money didn't just disappear. It's still out there.

If we allow the economy to go about it's normal scheme, which is the banks can continue to collect and take...then the only outcome will be a bunch of rich people who were never concerned in the first place to buy it all up cheap. THIS should NOT be allowed. If it happens, our government has failed us. These are special circumstances that require outside the box and revolutionary thinking. This is why all these bailouts are going to fail hard if this lasts longer than a month or so.

#7345 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I bought my ACDC off of Iceman. Spoke with him on the phone quite a bit and it was a great deal, everything was as described. He's a good dude. Polarizing as hell and a total shit stirrer yeah, but a good dude who is a lot smarter than everyone thinks.
In this particular scenario however I'm gonna have to heed the good doctor's advice and not my tax attorney's.

Well Gryzz, thx for the kind words, you are in Indiana and I’m quite sure I’ll see you on the other side of this!

We should be good Gryzz, alcohol kills a virus!

From experience, Docs are terrible business people and def not economists. That’s ok, they do their JOB

We still have to have a world to go back to and it can’t take more than the 30-60 days UNLESS the health community is also all of a sudden economy experts

And they are NOT. Thus, we have to figure out how to chew gum and walk at the same time

Soon

#7346 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I don't think you get it...THIS will happen regardless. We can shut down the machine for a limited time....now....less people will die.... or this virus will shut us down and many more will die. best of 2 bad choices.

#7347 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Well, people can get pissed. I’m not wearing a mask to go grocery shopping. Next thing you know, they’ll be taking body temp scans at the door.
I get that people are dying. It’s a shitty virus. But I think it’s starting to get blown out of proportion...

Don’t be “that guy”. You’re better than that.

#7348 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

And that’s what scares the hell out of me. Mad max. Killing for the next meal. A complete collapse of society as we know it. Honestly, in context, I could give two shits about my own life. I’ve had my fun and frankly have gotten more than my fair share. It’s my kids that make it such a devastating thought. If I had to pick my parents living for another 5 years, or my kids having a prosperous life. It’s a no brainer.

#7349 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Don’t be “that guy”. You’re better than that.

Like I said, my mind is malleable. Maybe after some thought I’ll change my mind. Just seems extreme right now.

I miss the days of being 16 with a cute girl in the passenger seat, driving along, smoking doobies, listening to music without a care in the world...

#7350 4 years ago

Even if you open up the economy suddenly you still are faced with the fact that the virus will be in everyone's minds. People are not going to fly, cruise, go to movies, restaurants, sporting events, concerts, vegas, etc. as long as they are worried about getting the virus. Proven therapeutics, a vaccine, or herd immunity is what it is going to take to have life as usual barring the virus just disappearing somehow.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/147?hl=dawezl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.