272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 576.
#7251 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Anyone spraying down their grocery items prior to picking up? Saw a lady in gloves and mask spraying the packages on the shelf before handling them.
Aldi in my area now has the 6 foot floor stickers now and the giant plastic shields up.
It was nice to see employees out wiping the carts down and providing wipes inside for the customers. I'm sure this put some minds at ease. Also learned Aldi is donating $1 million dollars to various charitable ( covid 19) needs during these rather strenuous times!!

My approach is:

- Gloves and mask when shopping
- When I get home, transfer the items from the plastic grocery sacks into cloth bags I own, wiping each one with lysol wipes as I do it.

This is the worst timeline ever.

#7252 3 years ago

I just got back from grocery shopping. I tried to stock up for at least a week, nothing crazy. Still no TP or paper towels.

I’d say 50% of the people had some form of mask. I did not, and don’t intend to in the future. But I couldn’t help but wonder: will people get pissed at those who choose to go mask free? As if we are putting others at risk? I think the cloth masks really keep people from spreading their own germs more than keeping them from breathing them in?

#7253 3 years ago

<blockquote c

Quoted from PinJim:

As if we are putting others at risk? I think the cloth masks really keep people from spreading their own germs more than keeping them from breathing them in?

But that is the whole F'ing point of wearing the masks. A mask ISN'T to protect you...it's to protect others. You can not know for a fact that you are not carrying the virus, 80% of carriers have no symptoms!!

#7254 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

But I couldn’t help but wonder: will people get pissed at those who choose to go mask free? As if we are putting others at risk?

Yes.

#7255 3 years ago

Sports? WTF?

#7256 3 years ago

Hey Luckydogg- was that a Zehrs or Sobeys??? I may need to change which grocery store I shop at

#7257 3 years ago

During my career I managed and safely handled many hazardous substances. This and wearing PPE became routine. I just went to get a belt for the lawnmower and stock up on a few essentials, first time out in 13 days.
Tried to go by the book, aware of everything I touched, the yakking guy in the Auto Parts store, door handles. At home the right order to remove clothes, shoes, wipe down handles, keys, door handle of my truck, refrigerator you name it. I was not trained in Virus avoidance so its really a different ball game if you take it seriously.
Nobody I saw today was taking it seriously.
Made several mistakes in my neatly planned trip, too many. This can't be done. It is impossible to completely protect yourself from a virus. The average person won't do it, or can't do it, may not have the equipment or cunning to do it.
Wearing a N-95 in a store raised my blood pressure, they naturally do that in the best of conditions, amplified in a line of people. I was the only one wearing on in the whole Town, and a Teenager nearly ran from me in the Store, looked like he had seen a Ghost.
Haz Chemicals are much different than a virus. Today, and research brought everything into a new perspective.

#7258 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

<blockquote c

But that is the whole F'ing point of wearing the masks. A mask ISN'T to protect you...it's to protect others. You can not know for a fact that you are not carrying the virus, 80% of carriers have no symptoms!!

Well, people can get pissed. I’m not wearing a mask to go grocery shopping. Next thing you know, they’ll be taking body temp scans at the door.

I get that people are dying. It’s a shitty virus. But I think it’s starting to get blown out of proportion...

#7259 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

...Give a French bread, wine and cheese and he'll survive forever!...

pas de sexe ?

#7260 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

All while our economy totally crashes.
I know this is pessimistic, but I think we are fucked. We won’t do a hard shutdown. And we won’t do a hard re-open. Instead, we’ll do some half assed stay at home BS while our economy takes a dump, and really we just drew out how long it took for people to get it. Sure, we may have saved some lives and kept the healthcare system from getting overwhelmed. We also destroyed millions of jobs, created looting and riots, and stayed locked up in our houses.

Assuming a vaccine is far off then I only see one solution, we need a machine that can test everyone fast and cheap so as to figure out who has what and who is immune. Once that becomes available then what an office can do is test everyone, figure out who is not affected by the virus then allow that group of people to go back to work as normal. That way no one is put at risk since those people are tested and known to have the virus yet not affected by it. It's like amusement part rides where you have to be a certain height to be allowed on otherwise it's too risky, same idea here except we just need to know for sure that a person has it and is immune to it, those people as a group can go back to work although at the same time they cannot frequent other public places as they still may put others as risk. I suspect far more of us have the virus already and just don't know it because we happen to be immune, in which case with fast and easy testing all such people could return them to their office work.

Beyond that I have no idea. If you are tested and don't have the virus then what do you do? Roll the dice, risk getting it and hope you are immune? I don't think companies would accept that liability even if a person wanted to. Imagine the above scenario where you have a 20 person office, 19 test as immune and are back to work and 1 person doesn't have it. That one person asks to come back to work, gets the virus and dies, would any company want that both morally and legally?

It's a tough spot but what choice do we have until a vaccine is made? Anytime some ceo says people need to go back to work the twitter comments are always the same, they tell them to send their kids, their spouses, their family and relatives first and let us know how it goes. Yes keeping everything shut down is devastating, but on the other hand do you want to put your loved ones at risk for the sake of the economy? Who goes first? Things will suck for a while but hopefully we'll learn from this and be better prepared for the inevitable next one.

#7261 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Well, people can get pissed. I’m not wearing a mask to go grocery shopping. Next thing you know, they’ll be taking body temp scans at the door.
I get that people are dying. It’s a shitty virus. But I think it’s starting to get blown out of proportion...

Forcing people to put a mask on before they enter a grocery store -
As well as taking temp - these are not unreasonable requirements. It wouldn’t surprise me to see this.

Would make me feel much more at ease when I have to go shopping.

#7262 3 years ago

Really the mask thing is ever changing simply because of availability. If everyone has access to a mask, then everyone should probably wear them in public for the time being. The problem is they aren't readily available. Makeshift masks I think would go a long way in slowing any spread, even if it isn't 100%.

#7263 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Forcing people to put a mask on before they enter a grocery store -
As well as taking temp - these are not unreasonable requirements. It wouldn’t surprise me to see this.
Would make me feel much more at ease when I have to go shopping.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_White

Just saying.

#7264 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I don’t think you get that people are dying,and it’s not being blown out of proportion. you are protecting others, not yourself. If grocery store workers and others working at stores start getting sick, they will shut them down. What’s the big deal about wearing a mask or face covering of some sort? This is extremely serious, whatever it takes to slow the spread and stop people from dying, wearing a mask seems like a pretty small price to pay.

#7265 3 years ago

Starting to seem a lot like this with media and pundits...

A3E03611-7A06-466D-AB89-1A1A41AB3622 (resized).jpegA3E03611-7A06-466D-AB89-1A1A41AB3622 (resized).jpeg
#7266 3 years ago

Fuck it.
I’m going to have unprotected sex with a heroin addict while drinking and driving.
And I ain’t wearing no seatbelt either.
You all can’t tell me what to do.
Merica.

#7267 3 years ago

It’s interesting to see that there are still some not following recommendations and taking warnings with a grain of salt. There’s still a lot of 2020 left and to my knowledge there isn’t a vaccine yet. To say that the number of deaths have a way to go is just ignorant , callous and sad.

#7268 3 years ago
B57B8E53-B3AB-4E8E-A9A8-D51DBEAF87FD (resized).jpegB57B8E53-B3AB-4E8E-A9A8-D51DBEAF87FD (resized).jpeg
#7269 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

It’s interesting to see that there are still some not following recommendations and taking warnings with a grain of salt. There’s still a lot of 2020 left and to my knowledge there isn’t a vaccine yet. To say that the number of deaths have a way to go is jus Ignorant, callous and sad.

Yea I'm a bit annoyed by our governor right now. Basically the same statements of 'our numbers aren't that high'. I'm sorry, isn't the whole point to avoid the numbers from getting too high? If you wait until they are high, then you're already too late.

#7270 3 years ago

From the man himself. WS

Ws (resized).jpgWs (resized).jpg
#7271 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

From the man himself. WS [quoted image]

Gonna have to resend that pic. Can’t read what they’re saying. Looks funny though

#7272 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

"We have met the enemy and he is us".
Walt Kelly

#7273 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yea I'm a bit annoyed by our governor right now. Basically the same statements of 'our numbers aren't that high'. I'm sorry, isn't the whole point to avoid the numbers from getting too high? If you wait until they are high, then you're already too late.

yeah, I don’t get it either. Governors in those states see what’s happening around them, by the time it shows up, it’s too late. It’s not rocket science.

#7274 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

"We have met the enemy and he is us".
Walt Kelly

Right. Just stay 6’ away from me. I won’t cough on you. Promise. I take strong precautions to not get the virus or pass it on. I’m low risk to others. So stay the f away from me, please.

I was doing a work function this week and a guy shook my hand. I was not ok with it, and immediately washed and sanitized. I’m not suggesting that we don’t take precautions, but I think maybe we are taking it to a new level of paranoia.

#7275 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Another voice of reason! Starting to? Lol

Lowe’s and Home Depot parking lots packed in my area

So are other “essential” service places

Highlight of the day was waiting in line at Chick F La for food. No masks or gloves for servers at drive through. Gave a nice tip as usual

God bless em

#7276 3 years ago

In SLC Utah. There are no masks available. There is no hand sanitizer. There are no lysol Wipes to buy anywhere. I have been to 10 different stores over the last 10 days. It doesn't change. I have no where to store large caches of food. I have to shop. Good thing the grocery stores provide Clorox wipes at the carts. I'm just betting on the viral load theory ....a little here, a little there...

#7277 3 years ago

If YOU are sick, don’t go out

If YOU are at risk don’t go out

Wash your hands

Whether anyone likes it or not we are headed to the “personal responsibility” mode of operating sooner than later

“Be careful Barbara, they are coming for you!”

#7278 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gave a nice tip as usual

Thats the ONE tip you got right in this thread

#7279 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Another voice of reason! Starting to? Lol
Lowe’s and Home Depot parking lots packed in my area
So are other “essential” service places
Highlight of the day was waiting in line at Chick F La for food. No masks or gloves for servers at drive through. Gave a nice tip as usual
God bless em

Amen ! I did the same thing

#7280 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here’s a hot tip for ya. Mobile ordering with curbside pickup is much quicker.

#7281 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Apparently the Safest Day at Chick-Filet is Sunday,
Thank God.

#7282 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

In SLC Utah. There are no masks available. There is no hand sanitizer. There are no lysol Wipes to buy anywhere. I have been to 10 different stores over the last 10 days. It doesn't change. I have no where to store large caches of food. I have to shop. Good thing the grocery stores provide Clorox wipes at the carts. I'm just betting on the viral load theory ....a little here, a little there...

your 4 weeks behind the Bay Area ...

#7283 3 years ago

I’ll straight up say it: if you don’t wear a mask in public, you’re putting other people’s lives at risk. How many of us KNOW that we aren’t carriers? None of us. So if you choose not to wear one out now, you’re part of the problem and bear some responsibility for the economic problems. If we all followed the rules, this thing would be over with in 30 days.

#7284 3 years ago

Lemmy ease you guys off the edge of your seats: Target Alpha is fixed! And all I did was wiggle some shit around!
WOO HOO!

#7285 3 years ago

Dup post

#7286 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Lemmy ease you guys off the edge of your seats: Target Alpha is fixed! And all I did was wiggle some shit around!
WOO HOO!

You said Lemmy

#7287 3 years ago

I said Lemmy.

456e377bcf9e33441f49b322b4da2412dff4c160 (resized).jpeg456e377bcf9e33441f49b322b4da2412dff4c160 (resized).jpeg
#7288 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If YOU are sick, don’t go out
If YOU are at risk don’t go out
Wash your hands
Whether anyone likes it or not we are headed to the “personal responsibility” mode of operating sooner than later
“Be careful Barbara, they are coming for you!”

If you don't have to be out, don't go out.

This virus is spread by asymptomatic carriers as well as people who are feeling ill.

You can take personal responsibility for your mother, father and older family members all you want. Stay the hell away from mine.

#7289 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ll straight up say it: if you don’t wear a mask in public, you’re putting other people’s lives at risk. How many of us KNOW that we aren’t carriers? None of us. So if you choose not to wear one out now, you’re part of the problem and bear some responsibility for the economic problems. If we all followed the rules, this thing would be over with in 30 days.

I will take that risk....but I will do what I can to ameliorate it where I can.

#7290 3 years ago

Currently, the death rate is 9 people per million in the USA.

There are 111 deaths in Texas out of 30 million people

3500 in NY due to the density of people and mass transit. California with 38 million people, not so much

The extremely HIGH likelihood is that IF you aren’t “at risk” YOU will NOT die from this virus

Sorry to give you some positive news but it’s just a fact

#7291 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

If you don't have to be out, don't go out.
This virus is spread by asymptomatic carriers as well as people who are feeling ill.
You can take personal responsibility for your mother, father and older family members all you want. Stay the hell away from mine.

Tell YOURS like I tell MINE to stay the heck home!!!

Get that one?

#7292 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Tell YOURS like I tell MINE to stay the heck home!!!

That's a great idea except when they need to go get groceries. Then people like you are out there when you don't need to be and may be spreading it.

#7293 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

That's a great idea except when they need to go get groceries. Then people like you are out there when you don't need to be and may be spreading it.

Sorry, that’s irresponsible on their part

My 81 parents have grocery delivery.

THEY need to stay home. That’s the problem for “at risk” people!!!!

Still running around to grocery stores, Home Depot and Lowe’s.

#7294 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

3500 in NY due to the density of people and mass transit. California with 38 million people, not so much
The extremely HIGH likelihood is that IF you aren’t “at risk” YOU will NOT die from this virus

Sorry this isn't a "glass half full" kinda thread. Good news is they arrested some guy in a paddle boat off the coast of LA spreading the virus to himself.

#7295 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You're not telling us anything we don't already know.

Here's the real question, are you saying you are willing to sacrifice someone else's life to preserve your what, income? Ability to go to Lowe's?

Exactly what are you willing to sacrifice someone else's mom or grandmother for? How many people are you willing to sacrifice? 1? 10? 100? What's the line for to preserve your personal way of life? Is it too much to ask that you inconvenience yourself for 30 days to save someone's life? 60? How much inconvenience is it for you to just wear a mask in public?

#7296 3 years ago

Is the Sock market closed today?

#7297 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Sorry this isn't a "glass half full" kinda thread. Good news is they arrested some guy in a paddle boat of the coast of LA spreading the virus to himself.

Yeah well I get it

To your point, get your Wills done then

#7298 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry, that’s irresponsible on their part
My 81 parents have grocery delivery.
THEY need to stay home. That’s the problem for “at risk” people!!!!
Still running around to grocery stores, Home Depot and Lowe’s.

Getting groceries is irresponsible? How about going to Lowe's when you don't have to and possibly continuing to spread this virus? That's not irresponsible?

Your logic is a little flawed.

#7299 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:Sorry this isn't a "glass half full" kinda thread. Good news is they arrested some guy in a paddle boat of the coast of LA spreading the virus to himself.

It's glass half full as long as people are doing what they should be...then every once in awhile we get a 'oh this isn't bad, it's just fear mongering, our economy is more important, and screw anyone who isn't 'me'". That's when people get annoyed.

#7300 3 years ago

But...but...Doc, have you seen Iceman's pool?

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/146?hl=lowbeau67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.