272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 576.
#7151 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

False. There IS a use and value in that type of data. Any and all data is important when evaluating anything...the more information the better.

LOL you go argue with the PHD data scientists and epidemiologists.
I am sure YOU want to see the data, but they have very detailed and specific reasons explaining why the information is presented as it is. (tracking specific outbreaks, exogenous data being tracked, etc)

#7152 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Anyone spraying down their grocery items prior to picking up? Saw a lady in gloves and mask spraying the packages on the shelf before handling them.
Aldi in my area now has the 6 foot floor stickers now and the giant plastic shields up.
It was nice to see employees out wiping the carts down and providing wipes inside for the customers. I'm sure this put some minds at ease. Also learned Aldi is donating $1 million dollars to various charitable ( covid 19) needs during these rather strenuous times!!

I went grocery shopping this morning, got there 10 minutes before they opened, no one there and stocked shelves. Sanitized my hands before and after, careful to not touch my face while in there. Put the groceries away and then thoroughly washed my hands. I have enough for 2 weeks.

#7153 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I went grocery shopping this morning, got there 10 minutes before they opened, no one there and stocked shelves. Sanitized my hands before and after, careful to not touch my face while in there. Put the groceries away and then thoroughly washed my hands. I have enough for 2 weeks.

Everything was stocked, some reason tissues now are / have been extinct there.

#7154 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

the vast majority of people shopping were wearing masks and gloves.

Where are people getting these masks and gloves?? I cant find any anywhere.

#7155 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

eBay/ Amazon. And other online places.

#7156 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mostly homemade masks.
Some were N95, a few were the ski style with the removable filters. I have no idea on gloves. I have a ton from before because I use them for various projects and have chickens and a rabbit.

#7157 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I already had both from clear coating playfields and sanding cabinets.

Otherwise I have no idea where folks are getting them without paying through the nose.

#7158 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

China donating 1K ventilators to NY.
I bet the Chinese ventilators actually work too...
https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-04-04-20/h_1f631979b35b4bcfa05223e75c101e9b

Wonder if these are shipping at 50 hz 220v? Will these ventilators function properly at 60hz us voltage?

#7159 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

eBay/ Amazon. And other online places.

Looked on Amazon and ordered some and then found out they wouldn't arrive until june so I said F it I'll be dead by then anyways and I cancelled the order.

#7160 4 years ago

“Mississippi currently has the highest COVID-19 hospitalization rate in the nation, at 31 percent, according to states’ health department data gathered by The COVID Tracking Project.”

31%.

https://mississippitoday.org/2020/04/01/mississippi-has-nations-highest-covid-19-hospitalization-rate/

#7161 4 years ago

Washing and using those hand sanitizers (all the time) have changed the look of my hands as of late.

hand (resized).jpghand (resized).jpg
#7162 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Anyone spraying down their grocery items prior to picking up?

No. My routine is N95, gloves, shop, plastic bags, load up car, dump gloves, gloves on, wipe down everything before it comes in the house. Wipe down car, wash clothes, shower

#7163 4 years ago
532FE657-AFD0-4EEA-9353-2C588570AFBE.gif532FE657-AFD0-4EEA-9353-2C588570AFBE.gif
#7164 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Anyone spraying down their grocery items prior to picking up? Saw a lady in gloves and mask spraying the packages on the shelf before handling them.
Aldi in my area now has the 6 foot floor stickers now and the giant plastic shields up.
It was nice to see employees out wiping the carts down and providing wipes inside for the customers. I'm sure this put some minds at ease. Also learned Aldi is donating $1 million dollars to various charitable ( covid 19) needs during these rather strenuous times!!

I held my breath the whole time I was in Walmart today.

#7165 4 years ago

I dont really like the idea of “civilians” spraying their own stuff on food items in the store.
Who knows what their idea of a disinfectant is?
Overspray on other stuff?

#7166 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Our smalltown Walmart has never been cleaner Just got back from there, everyone is doing a good job of keeping distances. Looked like everything is stocked well, with the exception of Lysol Wipes. Lot's of workers spraying everything people touch. Kudos to all the workers, has to be stressful on them.

#7167 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I held my breath the whole time I was in Walmart today.

I did that before Covid.

#7168 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

There is a MAJOR difference between inaccurate numbers due to the amount of testing performed and “fudging” numbers. Inaccurate numbers can be a result of things such as inadequate testing, asymptomatic cases, those that had minor symptoms and never got medical attention, or those that already had the virus before testing began. “Fudging” numbers is knowingly being deceitful for many of various possible ulterior motives.

What? You think China tested everyone? No one is testing everyone. Every country is doing the 'if we didn't test you positive, must not have been from this' numbers dance except maybe Italy.

#7169 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Our smalltown Walmart has never been cleaner Just got back from there, everyone is doing a good job of keeping distances. Looked like everything is stocked well, with the exception of Lysol Wipes. Lot's of workers spraying everything people touch. Kudos to all the workers, has to be stressful on them.

Ours is clean, but still pretty empty. Only cereal was Cheerios. Fourth week in a row with no TP. No eggs. Very little bread or meat. It's kind of taken a step back. Last week it was a bit better stocked, but two weeks ago was like today.

Strange thing is the grocery store a mile away from Walmart is fully stocked with everything. I've been getting a few non essentials at Walmart, then heading to the grocery store for everything else.

#7170 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Wonder if these are shipping at 50 hz 220v? Will these ventilators function properly at 60hz us voltage?

I suspect they can handle both out of the box. I wonder if the feds will try to seize them?

#7171 4 years ago

Guy in line behind me waiting to get in Walmart was ranting about this being a biological weapon and we're all going to get it and die. Then he was in front of me at the register and was repeating the same stuff to the teenage cashier. He didn't have a mask on.

#7172 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I did that before Covid.

Lol no doubt. Why do so many people wear their pajamas to wal mart?? Unbelievable!

#7173 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

What the hell kind of store would let someone in with a bottle and spray sh!t on the shelves? I really hope people do not adopt spraying more chemicals on the food we eat, we have enough of that going on before it even gets to us.

#7174 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Guy in line behind me waiting to get in Walmart was ranting about this being a biological weapon and we're all going to get it and die. Then he was in front of me at the register and was repeating the same stuff to the teenage cashier. He didn't have a mask on.

People used to explain what they couldn’t understand as “magic.” Now, conspiracy theories. Just a modern twist on a classic.

#7175 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol no doubt. Why do so many people wear their pajamas to wal mart?? Unbelievable!

My mom tried to take her dog in Walmart last year. No it's not a service dog, she's just loopy.

#7176 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

My mom tried to take her dog in Walmart last year. No it's not a service dog, she's just loopy.

Lol that's kinda funny also because another question I have is why do so many people take their dogs to Lowes? I've never noticed that in wal mart but always in Lowes seems like.

#7177 4 years ago

I actually wouldnt mind taking my old hound dog shopping with me but I know that he would end up shitting on the floor so I'm not chancing it!

#7178 4 years ago

I already had some masks and a couple full on respirators here in the shop. I use them for mowing because of my allergies and when I work with nasty stuff. It sucks right now because I have maybe 8 N95 masks left and they can't be found anywhere.

I had to mow the yard with a full respirator on today so I didn't ruin one of our ones my wife takes to the store.

I have real gas masks with NBC cartridges stowed for if things get really sketchy, but I doubt coronavirus will take us there.

#7179 4 years ago

I was at Home Depot about a month or so ago. A guys German Shepard shit right on the floor. Nice....yea that's the kind of store I want to shop in. Nothing against the dog, I love animals but they do not belong there.

#7180 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I use them for mowing because of my allergies

Man I hear ya on the allergies brother. That grass tears me up. I mowed yesterday and it got to me a little bit but not as bad as it usually does.

#7181 4 years ago

Wow. I see nothing has changed here. Surprise

Time to provide some perspective and facts again! Lol. Nvm

Doomsday, it’s game over people

#7182 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I already had some masks and a couple full on respirators here in the shop. I use them for mowing because of my allergies and when I work with nasty stuff. It sucks right now because I have maybe 8 N95 masks left and they can't be found anywhere.
I had to mow the yard with a full respirator on today so I didn't ruin one of our ones my wife takes to the store.
I have real gas masks with NBC cartridges stowed for if things get really sketchy, but I doubt coronavirus will take us there.

I bought two boxes of 20 N95s back in January. Then I decided in February I didn't want to be the only wacko walking around in public wearing one (plus the experts were saying healthy people don't need them) so I sold them. Oops.

#7183 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I was at Home Depot about a month or so ago. A guys German Shepard shit right on the floor. Nice....yea that's the kind of store I want to shop in. Nothing against the dog, I love animals but they do not belong there.

People just totally flout the rules here in Florida. Bring you dogs into the restaurant and set them on the table. Nobody says shi*.

#7185 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol that's kinda funny also because another question I have is why do so many people take their dogs to Lowes? I've never noticed that in wal mart but always in Lowes seems like.

Lowes advertises as Pet-Friendly on the front door as long as they are leashed and well behaved and my closest Lowes is right next to Petsmart.

Not surprisingly about 3 months ago I ran across a stray in the tile department. Let one of the roaming workers know and he called somebody on his walkie-talkie and I never heard any announcement over the PA and didnt stick around to see the outcome.

#7186 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yay! Ice is back to tell us we are all stupid and overreacting and that 200k Dead is a “great job.”
We missed you ice!
Stay safe buddy!

Those numbers speak the truth, until they don't match your narrative.

#7187 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yay! Ice is back to tell us we are all stupid and overreacting and that 200k Dead is a “great job.”
We missed you ice!
Stay safe buddy!

Survival of the fittest brother

200k is fake news. 3500 in NY city

Gotta learn to live with it

How many in US? Better stop dropping a lot faster to get to 200k

Many More businesses Are dying every day

#7188 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

[quoted image]

Why doesn't she know how to wear the mask properly?

mask (resized).JPGmask (resized).JPG
#7189 4 years ago

Thanks for proving my point.

#7190 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

People just totally flout the rules here in Florida. Bring you dogs into the restaurant and set them on the table. Nobody says shi*.

Yea I'd never be able to deal with that. I don't want to go off topic so this is the last I will say on this subject. The US seems to be dog obsessed. Doggie dining? Dog days at the water park? What happened to swimming in the local ponds, lakes etc? I had someone make a really disrespectful comment on how "She could probably train her dog to do the work of social workers" who are risking exposure handling the flood of unemployment cases all while she sits in the comfort of her living room making these comments because her money isn't coming fast enough. Dogs make great companions, but they will never replace a person no matter how hard you try and shoehorn them into a humans roll and that goes for any roll that a human being fills in a persons life. Sorry...rant over..

#7191 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yesterday I did a spring cleanup in the yard, today is drinking beers and a massive bon fire, and fried chicken.

Hey Jay
How was the bonfire and fried chicken last night?
Wally

#7192 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow. I see nothing has changed here. Surprise
Time to provide some perspective and facts again! Lol. Nvm
Doomsday, it’s game over people

Quoted from iceman44:

Survival of the fittest brother
200k is fake news. 3500 in NY city
Gotta learn to live with it
How many in US? Better stop dropping a lot faster to get to 200k
Many More businesses Are dying every day

Good to see you back Ice but man...watch out for that koolaid.

#7193 4 years ago

Btw, planning for death is part of life.

I did a bunch of Wills and Trusts last week for the procrastinators

I suggest you guys get your estate planning done. Especially you Levi

#7194 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Better stop dropping a lot faster to get to 200k

Oh, they are:
20D99F2E-F5E7-44EF-B1AF-E542EA9C584C (resized).png20D99F2E-F5E7-44EF-B1AF-E542EA9C584C (resized).png

#7195 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Good to see you back Ice but man...watch out for that koolaid.

Hey I ain’t the one drinking the Jonestown kool aid Oak

#7196 4 years ago

Businesses can be rebuilt. Your family can't.

#7197 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Those things have to shedding far worse items

#7198 4 years ago

It’s refreshing to see you back Ice!

#7199 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I read no more kids or dogs in the big box stores.

Costco now only 2 people per card may enter.

#7200 4 years ago

I had to get my car smogged this am before deadline. Essential right now? IDK.
It just seems so damn odd.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/144?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.