Topic Stats

• 21,385 posts
  • 517 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,078 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210121_121739.jpg
20210121_121719.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Dentalchair_a (resized).png
ADEF9814-41EB-4103-A43B-2BB7443A3537 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210118-233900~2 (resized).png
victoria (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 7.33.30 AM (resized).png
Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
20210116_224325 (resized).jpg
20210116_224251 (resized).jpg
20210116_124545 (resized).jpg
E83B3B92-61CB-4D19-89B8-27605BD16F17 (resized).jpeg
AAA4A17D-1C6A-4489-AB08-FDF9811493D3.gif
Capture d’écran 2021-01-15 à 13.49.41 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.47.46 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

140 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21395 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 428.
#6901 9 months ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Not to mention the fact that bar owners usually have zero input on what tunes are loaded in the jukebox; that's the operator's job.

Bar owners can ask for new or different music requests from their operator. It may not take place immediately. Butg they will see it through

#6902 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“The CDC is in Georgia? This is new information that has just come to light!”

Only to the governor of Georgia.

#6903 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Quite often the bartender will have a “skip” button behind the bar.

They all have a handy remote.
Different zone volumes, pause, skip etc etc

#6904 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The cruise lines are a shitty, tax dodging industry with a terrible labor record and they won't be missed. Really wouldn't shed a tear if they didn't get a single bailout dollar. We don't need them, they provide zero of value, and they suck.

I agree. Here is another thought though, what really happens if the cruise lines go bankrupt anyway? It's not like those large floating capital assets suddenly vanish or turn to dust...they will just be sold to another business and go right back out to sea at the first opportunity...employing the same number of ship hands as they were before...

If the industry is permanently damaged due to people not wanting to go on cruises for health reasons that's an entirely different issue (that a bailout is also not going to address) but what jobs are we really protecting with a cruise industry bail out since the capital assets will just be put right back into use by a new entity anyway?

#6905 9 months ago

Lame Joke deleted. Sorry

#6906 9 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Huh... for playing a certain song from the actual bar's jukebox

Jukes are usually operated by the same folks who site pinballs, arcade machines and pool tables. The ops don't always know or care what kind of music belongs in a particular bar.

Back in 1993 I emptied a gay bar after finding Alice in Chain's Dirt in the juke. Whatever was playing beforehand was gawdawful fluff and I wound up queuing up the entire album to block it. Didn't get thrown out but the Dirt CD was gone when I stopped by the next weekend...

#6907 9 months ago

Wrong thread

#6908 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"CDC’s Arlen Specter Headquarters Building located on CDC′s Roybal campus in Atlanta, Georgia."

#6909 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Their governor thought it was just a rap group.

#6910 9 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree. Here is another thought though, what really happens if the cruise lines go bankrupt anyway? It's not like those large floating capital assets suddenly vanish or turn to dust...they will just be sold to another business and go right back out to sea at the first opportunity...employing the same number of ship hands as they were before...
If the industry is permanently damaged due to people not wanting to go on cruises for health reasons that's an entirely different issue (that a bailout is also not going to address) but what jobs are we really protecting with a cruise industry bail out since the capital assets will just be put right back into use by a new entity anyway?

The coast guard already started rejecting cruise lines calls for sick passenger removal. Cruise companies who are not US flagged and do not have their headquarters in the US were told to contact the country they are flagged in for help (usually Bahamas) or contract a private rescue company. Its ridiculous that they are able to dodge taxes like they do, but still demand US aid like they are owed it. They even try to minimize their docking time on US soil, because many ports are charging huge docking fees in some cases by the hour just to get some kind of money out of the cruise line. Miami charges $80k/day for the Harmony of the Seas to dock there.

#6911 9 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

One take away from that chart is that the longer this goes on the more ridiculous China’s numbers look. It doesn’t help us moving forward, but one can only imagine how much lower the numbers would be throughout the rest of the world had they been honest, transparent, and supplied the rest of the world with accurate information as to what they were dealing with from the very beginning. Sure, every country most likely could have done things better, but the most egregious mistake was made by China and misled the entire world. Now is not the time, but China needs to be globally held accountable for their actions. Each individual country, including our own, will need to hold their respective governments accountable for any missteps as well. Once again, it doesn’t matter right now and moving forward in fighting this, unfortunately we are where we are, but God I wish China would have been truthful. We would be in a very different place right now as their negligence cost the world countless lives. This angers me to no extent...sorry for the rant...carry on...time to do some yardwork!

I have watched manufacturing exit America, for the most part.
Our dependence upon chinas manufacturing has landed us here. IMO
We have our own problems, but China. Freedom of speech for example. It is symbolic only- in China. I wish Chinese people the best in life but I must push for American manufacturing. Now. Money where my mouth is.

This cannot happen again. IMO.

#6912 9 months ago

Rant over

#6913 9 months ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

We have our own problems, but China. Freedom of speech for example. It is symbolic only- in China. I wish Chinese people the best in life but I must push for American manufacturing. Now. Money where my mouth is.

Easy enough, tariffs large enough to deter the tax breaks and cost differences. Won't happen though, and if it did, 'we' the consumers wouldn't like it either.

#6914 9 months ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I mentioned this before but something like 80% of all our pharmaceuticals are made in China. I'd start with this.

#6915 9 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Because the current owners currently fund a number of political candidates. If the cruises become owned by a different group of investors, then they could lose their campaign contributions.

Also....what if all these companies go under and sold off to the highest bidders? And what if those bidders are our adversaries, like China or Iran? How would that go over flying and working for Iran or China Airlines instead of United or American?

#6916 9 months ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Exactly! Why don't our health care workers have what they need? Because they are using what we had and the only way to get more is from China. When the CIC said he spoke with the head of WalMart and put in a massive order for more masks....I had to chuckle. Walmart doesn’t make them! They need plants in China to produce them. So it’s back to square one. Now the governor of New York is commandeering equipment and supplies from places not being hit yet....yet. What do they do when they need them and they are still in use in NYC? Oh...he’ll pay you later for them...after they aren’t needed anymore.

#6917 9 months ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Now the governor of New York is commandeering equipment and supplies from places not being hit yet....yet. What do they do when they need them and they are still in use in NYC? Oh...he’ll pay you later for them...after they aren’t needed anymore.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

-New manufacturers for PPEs needed (masks, gowns, face shields). Will finance companies to transition to making these products and then also buy the products.

I think the general idea/hope is to pull equipment from where it's not currently being used, and concurrently, spool up production facilities, so by the time there's a peak of cases in other areas, newly produced products would be ready to distribute.

#6919 9 months ago

"That includes people applying their future cruise credits from sailings that were cancelled this year"

That has to be the answer. Otherwise I agree that it is mind boggling.

#6920 9 months ago

Mmm...so states are to blame now for a lack of supplies? The federal government is step in in times of crises. Who else is there to blame or criticize?

#6921 9 months ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Mmm...so states are to blame now for a lack of supplies? Who else is there to blame or criticize?

You're way behind. The hospitals are to blame. States was like a week ago.

#6922 9 months ago

I have decided getting up before 6 AM sucks.

#6923 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

It took you 60 years to figure that out?

#6924 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You're way behind. The hospitals are to blame. States was like a week ago.

Remember when the role of leadership was not to whine like a bitch and cast blame, but to rise to the challenge and just get things done?

Or am I crazy for thinking that's how it should be...?

#6925 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It took you 60 years to figure that out?

Yeah, I aint going to be one of those retired old men showing up at Dennys when the sun comes up.

Or Waffle House.

#6926 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

If I'm up at 6AM, I will go pee, and get back in bed.

#6927 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, I aint going to be one of those retired old men showing up at Dennys when the sun comes up.
Or Waffle House.

Waffle House is the better choice IMO.

#6928 9 months ago

Got this joke some where this morning.

"I didn't know my Grand Mother had a hand gun, until I coughed 3 times, while sitting with her watching TV."

#6929 9 months ago
Quoted from Darcy:

If I'm up at 6AM, I will go pee, and get back in bed.

That's about what I did. Then when I woke up again I got a message about this. Doesn't look like that bad a deal. Bet he might go lower.

inlandempire.craigslist.org link

#6930 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's about what I did. The when I woke again I got a message about this. Doesn't look like that bad a deal. Bet he might go lower.

That is a fun game to play, put many quarters in one when I was a kid.

#6931 9 months ago

When I last went to the market they were all out of eggs. Fantasy Burger must have their own chickens or something because they are still making an epic omelet.

#6932 9 months ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Mmm...so states are to blame now for a lack of supplies? The federal government is step in in times of crises. Who else is there to blame or criticize?

on behalf of my country, may we at least unite yours

#6933 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

When I last went to the market they were all out of eggs. Fantasy Burger must have their own chickens or something because they are still making an epic omelet.

I’m worried about you. Are you getting your vegetables?!

Also - mac and cheese is NOT a vegetable.

#6934 9 months ago

Disappointing to see some people around here still put their disbelief and (racism, call it what you want, but that's exactly what it is) above others. Seems like the forums should be pushing for what is right, rather than peoples 'feels' in wanting to ignore reality. 'Merica!

#6936 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's about what I did. Then when I woke up again I got a message about this. Doesn't look like that bad a deal. Bet he might go lower.

And it doesn't have that godawful beatles clipart scattershat all over it

#6937 9 months ago

Tangential now, but since we were talking about CO Captain Crozier getting fired for his Covid-19 memo about his crew, go find the videos of the USS Roosevelt crew saying goodbye to him. Haven't seen a heart-felt send-off like that since the finale of White Christmas!

#6938 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m worried about you. Are you getting your vegetables?!

Oh yeah, still eating several salads a week at home.

But today is Filet O Fish Friday!

#6940 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Weed is considered a vegetable right?

#6942 9 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The coast guard already started rejecting cruise lines calls for sick passenger removal. Cruise companies who are not US flagged and do not have their headquarters in the US were told to contact the country they are flagged in for help (usually Bahamas) or contract a private rescue company.

...about 60% right.

They told the ships to be ready to stay off shore indefinitely and be prepared to tend for their own. All evacuations would now have be approved. The coast guard could not secure shore side medical treatment and the company would have to prove they've secured their own transportation and medical treatment for the patient once brought to shore for an evac to even be considered. They were also told they should check with their own flagged country --first--

The actual bulletin attached...

MSIB 20-001 COVID-19 Cruiseship Medical Capabilities_Signed.29Mar20.pdf
#6943 9 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Weed is considered a vegetable right?

True. And the big mystery was what is in a Fantasy omelet? As I usually got a ham and cheese. But there are some veggies in that omelet and it blows my ham and cheese away.

#6944 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Good on you, it is Lent!

#6945 9 months ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Good on you, it is Lent!

It's cheap enough today I won't have to borrow the money.

#6946 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

True. And the big mystery was what is in a Fantasy omelet? As I usually got a ham and cheese. But there are some veggies in that omelet and it blows my ham and cheese away.

Fantasy omelet? Please do explain

#6947 9 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

Tangential now, but since we were talking about CO Captain Crozier getting fired for his Covid-19 memo about his crew, go find the videos of the USS Roosevelt crew saying goodbye to him. Haven't seen a heart-felt send-off like that since the finale of White Christmas!

I kind of understand why he got sacked. He broke the rules by leaking his important letter to the media.

Basically, he sacrificed his career for his crew, surely as a last resort to get action, to protect the men and women on that ship. He can be proud of his actions and the crew thankful.

#6948 9 months ago

I just went to the local Aldi store for some essential perishables. I wasn't going to go in if it was crowded, but there were only a small handful of cars there, so I went in.

Food was fully stocked, except for bread. Plenty of eggs, milk, canned goods, frozen foods, etc. Toilet paper and paper towels were still all gone. There was a limit of 6 jugs of milk, and a limit on canned goods.

All the cashiers had plexiglass shields. There were signs everywhere to remind people to keep 6 feet away from each other, and stickers on the floor throughout the whole store measured 6 feet apart saying the same thing

About half the customers in the store were wearing masks, about half were not. There were maybe a dozen people, plus 4 staff. Only a couple of customers were wearing gloves. Staff were not wearing gloves or masks.

I also noticed that the divider bars had been removed from all the check-out lanes.

That was about everything I observed.

[edit]: They also had a sign up about a daily designated shopping time of 8:30-9:30am for vulnerable individuals.

#6949 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I kind of understand why he got sacked. He broke the rules by leaking his important letter to the media.
Basically, he sacrificed his career for his crew, surely as a last resort to get action, to protect the men and women on that ship. He can be proud of his actions and the crew thankful.

The crew gave him a standing ovation on his way out, he was definitely in a tough spot

#6950 9 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Fantasy omelet? Please do explain

Still not sure exactly what all the ingredients are. Except we order them with cheddar cheese instead of American. Makes a big difference. And the hash browns are always perfect. The ultimate omelet is a fantasy omelet with avocado, but that seems a little redundant.

Unknown (resized).jpgraster-static.postmates.com (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 52.00
$ 25.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 13.00
Tools
PinWorlds
$ 160.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 349.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Electronics
Docent Electronics
$ 6.50
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 218.00
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 6.00
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 199.99
$ 64.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
There are 21395 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 428.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside