272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 576.
#6851 3 years ago

Daryl from the Walking Dead just before the zombies arrived:

Screenshot_20200403-105104~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200403-105104~2 (resized).png
#6852 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd also like a pony!

LOL

I nipped that argument in my young daughters' quivering lips when I said "OK, see that shovel? Go scoop some shit and prepare to do it every day. Oh what's that, you don't even like managing the cats' litter box? Didn't think so..."

#6853 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes that would be nice.
I'd also like a pony!
So we got any Floridians here? Have you tried to file for unemployment?
Apparently it's a huge disaster. The system down there was designed on purpose to make it harder to access UI to save businesses money, as well as reduce the number of people on UI so the numbers "look better" for the people running the state. Now, with the unprecedented demand, it's a "shit show."
Hope they can clear this up.

And max Florida unemployment is like $275 a week. That is pretty pathetic.

#6855 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The average in the U.S. is about 450...which is low, but 275 is just ridiculous. I wonder how long that has been the max? 1954?

#6856 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

He’s full of shit, he knew.

There's going to be zero repercussions for all this, right? I'm just so jaded.

#6859 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

There's going to be zero repercussions for all this, right? I'm just so jaded.

Who knows, it’s up to the voters of Georgia.

#6860 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I had to check on this, $275 is absolutely laughable. Illinois is nearly double that.

#6861 3 years ago

When they started screening people at the airports a couple weeks ago, the cattle pen lines gave me chills. I said only half-jokingly then, that it was Hollywood Zombie Movie 101: everyone in there who didn't have the virus before, most assuredly would...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/us/costa-luminosa-passengers-ordeal/index.html

Well it's happening. No Hollywood treatment necessary. My god, it's only just now tracking back...

#6862 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Daryl from the Walking Dead just before the zombies arrived:[quoted image]

amazing sleeve work, nice nice nice

#6863 3 years ago

I think the Dutch government handled it quite ok. Sure: maybe there've been some mistakes, but it wasn't like there was a big denial of the problem at first and no (or at least to my knowledge not a lot) of blaming of other countries for disinformation, instead of taking the blame themselves, while neglecting that a lot of other good information was already largely available from other countries as well as from health organizations.

I think people are quite good at not starting to fully panic, and it's good that while we have a lack of masks, normal people don't buy them, so that masks available are for people who need them the most. Besides I read there are studies that say that masks work when used properly (I think there's consensus there), but there are studies that a lot of masks aren't used properly which may be worse than using no mask, and that most people who wear a mask take more risks because they feel safer wearing them, i.e. come a bit closer to others than they would without a mask, and that that is worse than what the mask itself stops.

At first there was a lot of hoarding of toilet paper and other goods in the Netherlands by too many people, even though that was not needed. That was too bad.
What we haven't done well, I think, is that we aren't supporting Italy and Spain even though their crisis is so big at the moment.

We'll see where it ends. We all hope for the best.

#6864 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Amazing that kids can get years in prison for stealing a $50 shirt but terminal malfeasance on this scale will just get you a finger wagging while you start your next term as a highly paid official.

#6865 3 years ago
#6867 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Quoted from cait001:

Amazing that kids can get years in prison for stealing a $50 shirt but terminal malfeasance on this scale will just get you a finger wagging while you start your next term as a highly paid official.

I hope the people will hold those responsible accountable. I do think that people in charge are allowed to make mistakes. Huge things like denying a problem when all experts say there is one, or saying 'I really didn't know...', or 'China told us it wasn't that bad, so it's their fault we didn't do the right things', etc.... I hope that will be punished by outcome of later elections.

In Belarus Vodka and saunas will save them from the corona virus https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-belarus-president-refuses-to-cancel-anything-and-says-vodka-and-saunas-will-ward-off-coronavirus-11965396
Unfortunately, in Belarus elections aren't considered 'fair' or 'open'. Fortunately in a lot of countries they are.

#6868 3 years ago

34 bids ($227) for 5 masks. And they aren't even N95 masks!!

ebay.com link: itm

#6869 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

There is a reason why most bars and clubs don't allow political and religious talk. Those subjects (along with money) tend to get people riled up to the point they can't see straight.

I thought the US still had freedom of speech? Apparently not so much. Is this true that clubs and bars censor your speech? Crazy.

#6870 3 years ago
Quoted from CanadianGamer:

I thought the US still had freedom of speech? Apparently not so much. Is this true that clubs and bars censor your speech? Crazy.

You don't seem to understand our laws. Freedom of Speech is to ensure the government doesn't silence you... nothing to do with individuals banning activity in their own space.

#6871 3 years ago

I don't think I've ever seen this in my life, but I have no doubt there are bars where this policy exists. I did go into a sports card shop in boston once that had a huge "NO ARGUING ABOUT SPORTS" sign on the wall.

I did used to go to one bar that had a "no cursing" affectation. It was a cute way for the bar owner to justify throwing out people he didn't like.

#6872 3 years ago

This isn't the US. This is a private website. You may want to familiarize yourself with Pinside.

https://pinside.com/pinball/help/pinsidecom-community-rules

#6873 3 years ago

4/2 & 4/3 NY Governor's briefings

4/2:

4/3:

Highlights:
-New manufacturers for PPEs needed (masks, gowns, face shields). Will finance companies to transition to making these products and then also buy the products.
-Hotspots developing on long island
-Javits to now be for covid-19 patients only (as opposed to just non-covid overflow from hospitals)
-Hospitals have effectively been turned into covid-19 ICU centers
-Non-covid cases have significantly dropped. Less car accidents, less bike accidents, less crime, less trauma cases. Cancelled elective non-critical surgery. Less people are getting hurt when just staying at home.
-BiPAPP machines being used for breathing assistance for less serious cases to free up ventilators for more serious cases (more details in the 4/2 briefing)
-NY Governor signing executive order allowing state to take ventilators and PPE from institutions that don't need them right now and redeploy them to where needed right now. The equipment will be returned or reimbursed. National guard will be deployed to pick up and transport ventilators and PPE across the state.
-There are several hundred excess ventilators in hospitals that don't have a high number of covid cases right now. "Several hundred could represent several hundred lives, so am I willing to deploy the national guard and inconvenience people for several hundred lives? You're damn right I am," said Governor Cuomo.
-The burn rate is about 300 ventilators per day. Finding a few hundred ventilators means you found another day.
-State budget passed. Budget was difficult to pass because NY is effectively "broke". NY needs federal assistance.
-This is not a states rights vs federal interference issue. It is a national disaster emergency where states need and are welcoming federal assistance.
-Proposal for rolling deployment of operations. The focus should be directed to each regional situation in the nation as it develops/peaks where ventilators and medical staff are needed most, then shift assistance to the next area that peaks. Help the place that has the most immediate crisis, then move to the next place in crisis.
-When a patient walks in to a hospital, they need a bed, a ventilator, hospital staff with PPE. People will die if one of those things are absent.
-20,000 health professionals outside of the state have volunteered to help NY
-When the curve / urgent need in NY is over, NY will send equipment & experienced staff to wherever needed.

-Don't get a false sense of security from improvised face masks
-15-20% increase in domestic violence reports. NY domestic violence hotline: 1-800-942-6906. Women in domestic violence situations will receive help and will be relocated to find safe shelter. State police will investigate every case.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

[edit]: Do you find these briefing summaries helpful/useful? Not sure if I should continue them considering they're just NY only.

#6874 3 years ago
#6875 3 years ago

After the 3M statement about the government asking them to not send respirators to Canada, I just saw the headline "We Cannot Destroy The Country For The Sake of New York City", so uhhhhh just want to offer solidarity to NYC from Canada

#6876 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You don't seem to understand our laws. Freedom of Speech is to ensure the government doesn't silence you... nothing to do with individuals banning activity in their own space.

THIS. So much this. Every time someone throws the whole "free speech" argument in my face I remind them that the 1st amendment pertains to the federal government only. Congress.

Idiots. It's literally the first 5 words of the amendment.

#6877 3 years ago

I've never heard this. Maybe it's a 'plaque' on a wall, but it would be tough to enforce unless people start throwing punches.

#6878 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I've never heard this. Maybe it's a 'plaque' on a wall, but it would be tough to enforce unless people start throwing punches.

Bars have been known to throw people out for the kind of music they play on the jukebox... they'll have no problem removing people stirring up debates they don't want.

#6879 3 years ago

Norwegian Cruise Lines to potential customers in March. Reminds me of the lies we were seeing repeated around here by so many people:

"The Coronavirus can only survive in cold temperatures, so the Caribbean is a fantastic choice for your next cruise," one claimed.

A second falsely asserted that "scientists and medical professionals have confirmed that the warm weather of the spring will be the end of the Coronavirus."

"The only thing you need to worry about for your cruise is do you have enough sunscreen?" one of the suggested talking points reads.

"Mr Becker," the line reads, "due to the Coronavirus we have cancelled all of our Asia cruises on the Norwegian Spirit. This has caused a huge surge in demand for all of our other itineraries. I suggest we secure your reservation today to avoid you paying more tomorrow."

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/florida-attorney-general-investigating-norwegian-cruise-line-coronavirus-emails-11605640

The cruise lines are a shitty, tax dodging industry with a terrible labor record and they won't be missed. Really wouldn't shed a tear if they didn't get a single bailout dollar. We don't need them, they provide zero of value, and they suck.

#6880 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yesterday I ate an entire loaf of cinnamon raisin bread all by myself. No joke.[quoted image]

Is your stomach bloated like a basketball today? I just ate one piece of cinnamon raisin bread with peanut butter and a small apple sauce for lunch and I feel full. I find myself losing weight in this climate. I am down about 7 pounds from about three weeks ago, from 199 lbs to 192lbs. Part of it is doing more walking and part is just not having as much appetite.

#6881 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Kind of what I was thinking. Sorry if I touched a nerve, I have a great deal of respect for the US and would hate to see it lose the things that make it so great. Almost as great as Canada!
*runs for cover* just kidding! Lots of greatness to go around.

#6882 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Norwegian Cruise Lines to potential customers in March. Reminds me of the lies we were seeing repeated around here by so many people:
"The Coronavirus can only survive in cold temperatures, so the Caribbean is a fantastic choice for your next cruise," one claimed.
A second falsely asserted that "scientists and medical professionals have confirmed that the warm weather of the spring will be the end of the Coronavirus."
"The only thing you need to worry about for your cruise is do you have enough sunscreen?" one of the suggested talking points reads.
"Mr Becker," the line reads, "due to the Coronavirus we have cancelled all of our Asia cruises on the Norwegian Spirit. This has caused a huge surge in demand for all of our other itineraries. I suggest we secure your reservation today to avoid you paying more tomorrow."
https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/florida-attorney-general-investigating-norwegian-cruise-line-coronavirus-emails-11605640
The cruise lines are a shitty, tax dodging industry and they won't be missed. Really wouldn't shed a tear if they didn't get a single bailout dollar. We don't need them, they provide zero of value, and they suck.

I like Bill Burr's take on cruise ships.

#6883 3 years ago

At least a few people saw this coming....

connolly_bera_letter_to_nsa_john_bolton_on_global_health_security.pdfconnolly_bera_letter_to_nsa_john_bolton_on_global_health_security.pdf
#6884 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Daryl from the Walking Dead just before the zombies arrived:[quoted image]

Origin of the photo: https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article241707476.html

#6885 3 years ago

Nurses are awesome. One of the first lessons you learn in residency is don’t piss off the nurses. They can be an amazing help to you or they can literally make your life hell. The doctors may be steering the ship but the nurses do the majority of the healing.

#6886 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

They have doors in Kentucky? I kid, I kid.

The neighbors don't need no stinking doors!

IMG_3222 (resized).JPGIMG_3222 (resized).JPG
#6887 3 years ago

It’s everywhere...the two ladies who are in charge of the Kansas Unemployment Department were on the news the other night. They were playing the same old song and dance as every other politician/government official. “The online system is antiquated, and it needed fixed long before we took over.”

Kick the can....pass the buck. Wash, rinse, repeat.

#6888 3 years ago

I certainly respect the person in the photo, but I always found it silly for internet land to always be on the lookout for the latest "hero we need right now." And it always follows with a fashion description of some kind like we cant see the photo in the first place.

If only people would be smart enough to isolate themselves, the heroes would eventually have less to deal with. Ya know, like just "one simple trick."

#6889 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think I've ever seen this in my life, but I have no doubt there are bars where this policy exists. I did go into a sports card shop in boston once that had a huge "NO ARGUING ABOUT SPORTS" sign on the wall.
I did used to go to one bar that had a "no cursing" affectation. It was a cute way for the bar owner to justify throwing out people he didn't like.

The best signs around are the ones you see all over New Orleans area....
8C6F16E1-D377-40AE-8E4A-F2853BE5FBA6 (resized).jpeg8C6F16E1-D377-40AE-8E4A-F2853BE5FBA6 (resized).jpeg

#6890 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Bars have been known to throw people out for the kind of music they play on the jukebox... they'll have no problem removing people stirring up debates they don't want.

Huh... for playing a certain song from the actual bar's jukebox

#6891 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The cruise lines are a shitty, tax dodging industry with a terrible labor record and they won't be missed. Really wouldn't shed a tear if they didn't get a single bailout dollar. We don't need them, they provide zero of value, and they suck.

Hate to break it to all these people who keep repeating this.

It is 78 degrees where I am located right now and that is AFTER a little cold front just hit us.

Three days ago was above 90 and hotter even further south.

It will be above 90 degrees here again in next few days and on it's way to staying in the 90s yet Florida... especially South Florida is vying for contention of epicenter every single new day.

#6892 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Huh... for playing a certain song from the actual bar's jukebook

Want to start a ruckus in a bar full of rednecks? Play 4-5 songs of hip hop or rap in a row... or maybe some latin music.

Not everyone 'prunes' their internet jukebox fully...

#6893 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Want to start a ruckus in a bar full of rednecks? Play 4-5 songs of hip hop or rap in a row... or maybe some latin music.

Not to mention the fact that bar owners usually have zero input on what tunes are loaded in the jukebox; that's the operator's job.

#6894 3 years ago

Jukeboxes are almost all digital now, you can literally play just about every song ever made.

#6895 3 years ago

I’ve always thought it would funny as hell to go into someplace like a white supremacist bar and put Adam Sandler’s Chanukah Song on repeat like 30 times and leave.

#6896 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I feel so lucky right now to work for a small company run by an intelligent and compassionate guy.

Thats a rarity.

#6897 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I have seen written signs near the jukeboxes stating we have the right to reject certain songs.

#6898 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Did the Georgia governor really just say that he learned yesterday that people infected with Coronavirus can be asymptomatic? WTF?

What's even more mind-boggling is that the F'en CDC is located in Georgia.

#6899 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I have seen written signs near the jukeboxes stating we have the right to reject certain songs.

Quite often the bartender will have a “skip” button behind the bar.

#6900 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

What's even more mind-boggling is that the F'en CDC is located in Georgia.

“The CDC is in Georgia? This is new information that has just come to light!”

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.