272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 576.
#6601 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Cool, didn't know that, will have to watch that again. India certainly calls it like it is.

I think it was an Indian military radio intercept, but close enough

#6602 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You want to tell me how a mistakenly miscredited 4 second video clip on a morning show somehow rocks the credibility of the mainstream media?

It's conspirational thinking. It's easy and addictive to just build narratives, like how coronavirus is fake because a few people took videos of hospital parking lots looking empty. Same thinking that brought us Sandy Hook Truthers.
I'm going to try and avoid continuing to unravel all these conspiracy slap fights in the thread (I apologize for all the wasted space in the last page,) and I hope everyone else can too, because conspirational thinking can't really be reasoned with. There's always some next exception in line to prove it to them. Some people are just too far down certain rabbit holes, and we have a pandemic to deal with.

#6603 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

arbitrary milestone reached:
Coronavirus Cases:
Italy and Spain still have the most daily deaths (709, 760 respectively), but USA numbers (616) keep going up. (death numbers are SO FAR today)

The US has been over 1,000 deaths the past 2 days. Very soon we'll pass both countries for total number dead. Granted this wasn't unexpected since we have a much larger population. It didn't need to happen so quickly though. We are far more spread out than any european country.

#6604 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

We tried that with NPR, PBS, TASS and BBC. Don't work.

When you are dependent on public money all you do is what they tell you so you can get more public money

#6605 4 years ago

PSA: About 10 minutes ago I just received my fourth scam email (in two days) from some asshats pretending to be PayPal. They want you to log in. The first 2 were easy to spot with their bad grammar. The last 2 actually looked legit. Never log into anything from an email! I know most of you are smarter than this, but we all have parents who may not realize. Stay safe!

#6606 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

It's conspirational thinking. It's easy and addictive to just build narratives, like how coronavirus is fake because a few people took videos of hospital parking lots looking empty. Same thinking that brought us Sandy Hook Truthers.
I'm going to try and avoid continuing to unravel all these conspiracy slap fights in the thread (I apologize for all the wasted space in the last page,) and I hope everyone else can too, because conspirational thinking can't really be reasoned with. There's always some next exception in line to prove it to them. Some people are just too far down certain rabbit holes, and we have a pandemic to deal with.

Its certainly true, some people have had the grooves in their brain dug so deep through repetitive mis-information fed to them from an early age it is difficult if not impossible to bring them to the light. No need to apologize.

#6608 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A mistakenly miscredited 4 second video clip on a morning show doesn't shake my faith in the credibility of the mainstream media.
It's just not very important, unless you really believe there's a media conspiracy to convince you that there is a crisis in NYC's hospitals when in fact it's a paradise right now. Don't worry, the NYC hospital B-roll is coming soon enough and it's gonna be horrifying. For now you can rely on the B-roll of body bags being wheeled out to freezer trucks to tide you over.
I kinda hate to stick up for CBS news as their news division is pretty atrocious right now, but I just don't think this "media lie" is worth the 2 straight weeks of play it's going to get on Fox News.

It's when they push it and blow it out of proportion.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/09/15/another-fakenews-video-cnn-anderson-cooper-hypes-hurricaneflorence-flooding-meanwhile-firefighters-spoof-tv-news/

#6609 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A mistakenly miscredited 4 second video clip on a morning show doesn't shake my faith in the credibility of the mainstream media.
It's just not very important, unless you really believe there's a media conspiracy to convince you that there is a crisis in NYC's hospitals when in fact it's a paradise right now. Don't worry, the NYC hospital B-roll is coming soon enough and it's gonna be horrifying. For now you can rely on the B-roll of body bags being wheeled out to freezer trucks to tide you over.
I kinda hate to stick up for CBS news as their news division is pretty atrocious right now, but I just don't think this "media lie" is worth the 2 straight weeks of play it's going to get on Fox News.

You are near there, perhaps you could let us know how it really is, or some video to shut these scum conspirators down. I don't know anyone else in NY but sometimes its best to get it straight from someone in the know.

#6610 4 years ago

Kinda cool story, but also a sad testament to the state of things. So f'd up that this is what it took for that state to get those masks. Most states don't have a Kraft family member able to work a deal. I wonder what entity should be fulfilling that role??

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/a-million-n95-masks-are-coming-from-china-on-the-patriots-plane/ar-BB1242KH?ocid=spartandhp

#6612 4 years ago

CNN is famous for contrived and outright fake videos. But they have turned over a new leaf and only report truth now.
They are also regretful over past digressions.

#6613 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

A lot of "Empty Hospital" videos popping up, just wondered if anyone in these areas could explain or verify if they are real or bogus.

Quoted from phil-lee:

I have no problem discerning hype or conspiracy from truth.

Quoted from phil-lee:

Like to read ALL News sources and glean what actual information (if any) as possible.

This is a laughably perfect example of how lending all information the same credibility by default affects critical thinking

#6614 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

CNN is famous for contrived and outright fake videos. But they have turned over a new leaf and only report truth now.

Every one of your posts is about the mainstream media, and it’s getting a little tiresome. You’ve even exhausted my thumbs-down quota apparently.

#6615 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

You are near there, perhaps you could let us know how it really is, or some video to shut these scum conspirators down. I don't know anyone else in NY but sometimes its best to get it straight from someone in the know.

Hey I'm watching / reading the same shit you are.

Staying away from hospitals or anywhere else that isn't a few blocks from my apartment. You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows, and I don't need to personally stakeout a hospital to know there's a major, unprecedented health crisis going on right now.

I did cruise down to check out the Mercy Ship a few nights ago. Nothing out of the ordinary, just a big ass floating hospital, some cops and some soldiers. It was almost serene!

#6616 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I literally work across the street from the Capitol building in Madison, WI and not once have I seen a Palm tree. Watching that network's coverage of these protests back in 2011 vs. what I was seeing every day walking by the Capitol (I could watch from my office window) really made me lose any credibility that they had as a news organization. They report on a different reality than everyone else.

#6617 4 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

This is a laughably perfect example of how lending all information the same credibility by default affects critical thinking

More like a triggered response to an upsetting series of concerns / truths. Do you have something viable to add to the conversation? Please chime in, we all want to know the truth don't we?

#6618 4 years ago

An excerpt of John's Hopkins information. "The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (rna) covered by a layer of lipid (fat) which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code (mutation) and convert them into aggressive and multiplier cells. Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, it decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies. The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a tiny layer of fat. That's why any soap or detergent is the best remedy. Because the foam cuts the fat, that's why it the best remedy and why you have to wash for 20 seconds". As a family member scientist told me and I mentioned earlier, humidity is a factor. This explains a few things. I have been, but now know why 20 seconds of hand washing is important.

#6619 4 years ago

Hmph, news media perhaps the most scripted reality tv show ?

#6620 4 years ago

Phil...I'm a BIG Prisoner fan...but seriously....you could probably stop "adding" to this conversation now as well....

#6621 4 years ago

I'm sorry but opinion shows like Hannity or Bill are not news. Hell, satire shows like Colbert or Last Week Tonight are closer to actual news than any of those others.

#6622 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey I'm watching / reading the same shit you are.
Staying away from hospitals or anywhere else that isn't a few blocks from my apartment. You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows, and I don't need to personally stakeout a hospital to know there's a major, unprecedented health crisis going on right now.
I did cruise down to check out the Mercy Ship a few nights ago. Nothing out of the ordinary, just a big ass floating hospital, some cops and some soldiers. It was almost serene!

Sorry, I thought the ship was across the street from the Hospital, no worries! You are correct, there is an unprecedented Health crisis going on, everyone is wondering just how bad it can get and how long it can go on.
I would like to see someone shut these guys down though, its distracting.

#6624 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Every one of your posts is about the mainstream media, and it’s getting a little tiresome. You’ve even exhausted my thumbs-down quota apparently.

Sorry. I have found the ignore function valuable with certain tiresome individuals.

#6625 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

[quoted image]

Yep, shoot the messenger when you do not enjoy what they say. Works every time. Do we really need links to all the incredible CNN contrived reporting videos?
Theres a bunch

#6626 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Yep, shoot the messenger when you do not enjoy what they say. Works every time. Do we really need links to all the incredible CNN contrived reporting videos?
Theres a bunch

*longest sigh ever*

#6627 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Phil...I'm a BIG Prisoner fan...but seriously....you could probably stop "adding" to this conversation now as well....

Gee, is it ok if I continue adding until the Owner of the place tells me to go away? The Prisoner was not mutual, neither am I most of the time.
Unless you are Number One?

#6628 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

It's conspirational thinking

just give the guy 12hrs... he'll get himself booted from the thread soon enough. There is no point trying to help show those kinds of people the right path... they are on their path because of what they want to believe, not because of what they learned.

#6629 4 years ago

Why are the craziest always the LOUDEST? people with good sense....would just sigh..go away and make a sandwich. <sigh>

#6630 4 years ago

I’m with you phil-lee!

D964D05E-4039-4733-B377-864E3673CECC (resized).jpegD964D05E-4039-4733-B377-864E3673CECC (resized).jpeg
#6632 4 years ago

So current numbers of recorded confirmed cases are at 1 million. Number of deaths are now 50,000. No way to know the unconfirmed/ unreported cases and deaths. But going on recorded cases that’s about 5% that die. Let’s see the numbers again in 2 weeks.

On a conservative estimate let’s say a little less than half the population of China got it....that’s 500 million roughly. If 5% die that is 25 million dead....problem is we will never no how many had it and real numbers of how many died....but we know reports of 21 million cell phones cancelled/deactivated in China have been rumored.

US numbers currently indicate a little less than 2.5% of the confirmed cases have died.

The more data we have the more we can predict how many may die.
If 2.5% is accurate and 50% of the US population gets the virus you could estimate 3.7 MILLION people may die. This is serious. Let’s hope as more data is collected we see the actual fatality rate below 1%

Only recently have we had enough testing in the US to start getting accurate data. The more testing done the more data and we can see trends. Hopefully for the better....flattening of the curve....lower fatality rate...and successful treatments!

#6633 4 years ago

Looks like the new recommendation is going to be that everyone wear a facemask when in public and not just medical professionals.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/02/coronavirus-facemasks-policyreversal/

#6634 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

More like a triggered response to an upsetting series of concerns / truths. Do you have something viable to add to the conversation? Please chime in, we all want to know the truth don't we?

I thought I was adding by pointing out an example of the negative affect of infinite information on reason and critical thinking skills. You see yourself as some sort of intellectual moderate, consuming mass amounts of information with the self-perceived ability to sort through it all. But the reality is that you are just as much of a victim of "the media" as those you mock. You're not discerning truth...you're mixing all the truth and bullshit together and ending up halfway to insanity because of it.

Those with their reasoning skills intact see the empty hospital videos and don't concern themselves with the question of validity. They just know that if they are in fact valid there is an obvious reason why that situation would be. But here you are, asking people on a pinball site if they can shed some light on the situation.

#6635 4 years ago

Mainstream media would never intentionally mislead ya, right?

#6636 4 years ago

My news can beat up your news.

#6637 4 years ago

I don't think this photo was doctored but I could be wrong.

2L8L47P.jpg2L8L47P.jpg
#6638 4 years ago
OyNqtt5 (resized).pngOyNqtt5 (resized).pngXiATpLp (resized).pngXiATpLp (resized).png
#6639 4 years ago
tumblr_de7e609dd1d1502a6e6c96965340d252_ffa2345d_500.giftumblr_de7e609dd1d1502a6e6c96965340d252_ffa2345d_500.gif
#6640 4 years ago

I’d like to point out that Anderson Cooper is an entertainment show that thinks it’s news. Occasionally he will do hard hitting interviews, but like a lot of prime time TV personalities, ratings are important.

Once again, I’d urge everyone to read:
- The AP
- Reuters
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Economist
- Your local newspaper
- The Washington Post
- The New York Times

A mix of center right and center left will help keep you balanced and not addicted to junk food news.

#6641 4 years ago

There’s only one news source I trust

https://pin.it/71b0Gca

#6642 4 years ago

She is evil. Buying all n95 masks months ago. I called fbi. She’s been doxxed also online. I don’t usually agree with doxxing but she deserves it.

#6643 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

She is evil. Buying all n95 masks months ago. I called fbi. She’s been doxxed also online. I don’t usually agree with doxxing but she deserves it.

What I really want to know is did you have her swatted?

#6644 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I’d like to point out that Anderson Cooper is an entertainment show that thinks it’s news. Occasionally he will do hard hitting interviews, but like a lot of prime time TV personalities, ratings are important.
Once again, I’d urge everyone to read:
- The AP
- Reuters
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Economist
- Your local newspaper
- The Washington Post
- The New York Times
A mix of center right and center left will help keep you balanced and not addicted to junk food news.

you forgot the only "real trusted news "....mad magazine

#6645 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What I really want to know is did you have her swatted?

Her address is online she got arrested in 2018 for beating up her husband! Lmao
She might want to move now. Lol

#6646 4 years ago

https://bustednewspaper.com/florida/jiang-hexin/20180116-100600/

Here’s her mug shot for domestic violence. She’s going viral on YouTube

#6647 4 years ago

da fuq... who pointed the conspiracy forum to this thread...

#6648 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Lmao, I forgot all about my scuba gear. I'm going to start wearing my wet-suit to the store.
Too funny.

#6649 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:Lmao, I forgot all about my scuba gear. I'm going to start wearing my wet-suit to the store.
Too funny.

DId you not see the video of the woman in the 'boy in the bubble' bubble running around a store? I was trying to figure out how she was expecting to be able to shop

#6650 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That photo looks to be taken in a Walmart, so could be pre COVID19.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/133 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.