272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 576.
#6151 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

They might want those Navy hospital ships back.
Captain of aircraft carrier with growing coronavirus outbreak pleads for help from Navy
The USS Theodore Roosevelt, currently docked in Guam, has more than 100 sailors infected with the coronavirus.

That was my ship back in the 80s so I am following that story closely. Very few places to social distance on a ship, and I was one of the lucky ones with a workshop/computer space behind a cipher locked door.

#6152 3 years ago

I am still battling a brother, an intelligent Global Attorney, who STILL believes this is a Media Hoax,
and everyone should go about normal.
We use to see the world the same, and then he swallowed News Corp Only.

#6153 3 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

I found an article by ccn (?) Ben Brown. "Did the fed just accidentally trigger a housing market crises". Family member was explaining to me what was happening real time in mortgage business right now for mid level mortgage bankers. The hedging that every mortgage banker has been doing forever caused a gigantic problem when the fed bought all those mortgage securities. Unless a solution is created now to help the mortgage bankers they will go out of business. Hearing this from mortgage executives from many companies. Bottom line could end up with banks putting mortgage bankers out of business, resulting in less competition with higher fees. I hadn't even contemplated how things like air b&b will affect the market. This is all happening in real time according to mortgage experts that read this article. Good news though that they closed the local golf course. They were waiting for the OC Board of Health to close them down according to a local fox news story instead of doing it themselves like every other golf course.

I read that article too. Never heard of the publisher, but what they wrote made sense. It’s a terrible time to need to sell a house.

#6154 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Am I the only one that hopes the virus is the plot to a new season of Trailer Park Boys?

When they cancelled Letterkenny Live you knew shit was serious.

#6155 3 years ago

We can only control our own beliefs and behaviors. I feel lucky to be in a situation where I can stay at home as long as I need to, even if it’s a few years. It would be a drag on my savings, but I’d rather be poor in 2022 than dead.

#6156 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

A guy running for office here in PA has a Facebook page called "May for PA". He sits downtown in Scranton every day and films the Greyhound buses continuing to drop off NYC residents in Scranton. You can't buy a one way ticket from Scranton to NY, or a round trip from Scranton-NYC-Scranton. But you CAN buy a one way ticket from NYC to Scranton. Two Greyhound employees have already died from the virus. Greyhound stopped the daily trips for a day after pressure, but reversed course and started back up again this week. They are literally helping the problem spread to other areas. In my opinion, we haven't seen anything yet as far as deaths go. Unless the curve starts to flatten, we are on track for 65k-70k total deaths in the next 11 days.

I just tried to do this out of curiosity and it let me get to checkout. So you can book these trips unless it stops you when you try to pay.

#6157 3 years ago

Just a question anyone keeping track of just the normal good old fashioned Flu Deaths etc. I wonder how its comparing we are in April now so should have some data on this but i cant find anything. Corona stealing the show. Also Global Warming is that still a thing?

#6158 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I just tried to do this out of curiosity and it let me get to checkout. So you can book these trips unless it stops you when you try to pay.

I think he was going in the actual terminal to inquire...but I could be wrong. Also, Greyhound seems to be changing their policies by the day.

#6159 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

When they cancelled Letterkenny Live you knew shit was serious.

Too bad this all wasn't just the native flu

#6160 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Some numbers. I'm not bothering with the world population for the moment. You can see that if you believe the latest 0.66% kill rate prediction, we'd need a 4.59% infection rate to get to 100,000 deaths. Maybe that's how they came to their 100k number? Maybe they are basing things on the flu infection rates (which are 5% to 20% annually)? So they think the rate of infection will be less than the flu? Huh. Note that the initial estimates said that 70% percent of the population would get CV.
I think their 100k number is wishful thinking. A way to control the panic.
I know people will lean on social distancing as a way to keep the infection rates down. Again, it just slows it down. People will still get infected. And in a month from now, "the show must go on". Uncle Sam isn't going to let society collapse over this. And people aren't smart enough to "sit on their couches", as someone here suggested. Sorry, I don't give the general populous that much credit. Hell, even in my town, people are out in large gatherings that the cops have to break up. Mostly in the lower socioeconomic areas of town, where I think there is a general mis-trust of authority anyhow. Which coincidentally are the areas that most likely will be hardest hit by this, for a variety of factors...
[quoted image]

In my opinion, why the numbers don’t “add up” is that they do not account for those that are asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms. Those people are not accounted for in these calculations because they never see a doctor or get tested. The number of people that get the virus and are either asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms is very large. This can drastically reduce the mortality rate. I think this is where the discrepancy is.

#6161 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Just a question anyone keeping track of just the normal good old fashioned Flu Deaths etc. I wonder how its comparing we are in April now so should have some data on this but i cant find anything. Corona stealing the show. Also Global Warming is that still a thing?

Thats another hot topic there Global Warming

#6162 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This is great info if you’re sitting on expensive upcoming flight reservations, like me. We booked flights to Barcelona in May, and I thought the best we could get was a voucher for future travel. However this says that if you wait for the airline to cancel the flight, they MUST give you a refund (if you ask for it):
https://thepointsguy.com/guide/refund-or-change-flight/

That's interesting. My friend is battling with Jetblue over his cancelled flight to Guiana. They will only give him a voucher since the cancellation wasn't their fault. He was going to call again, so we'll see how it goes.

I got a full refund from Alaska Air since they cancelled my original flight and put me on another that was more than 4 hours difference. Initially they tried to give me a voucher. Since they could still fly the original flight, it's 100% their fault. So they had no excuse not to refund.

#6163 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

In my opinion, why the numbers don’t “add up” is that they do not account for those that are asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms. Those people are not accounted for in these calculations because they never see a doctor or get tested. The number of people that get the virus and are either asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms is very large. This can drastically reduce the mortality rate. I think this is where the discrepancy is.

Actually, the 0.66% death rate does account for those people.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/health/coronavirus-lower-death-rate/index.html

#6164 3 years ago

This shutdown is bad for everyone. But it is especially bad for men...Men are losing $1.00 for every $.79 that women are losing!

(Please read this as tongue in cheek, folks!)

#6165 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Actually, the 0.66% death rate does account for those people.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/health/coronavirus-lower-death-rate/index.html

There is no way to accurately know the numbers of those that are asymptomatic or experience mild symptoms...they are unreported/unknown cases...they are just speculating as to what those numbers may be...there is no mathematical way to calculate the unknown.

#6166 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

There is no way to accurately know the numbers of those that are asymptomatic or experience mild symptoms...they are unreported/unknown cases...they are just speculating as to what those numbers may be...there is no mathematical way to calculate the unknown.

Right, it's all estimates. It's impossible to predict the outcome with 100% accuracy, short of a time machine. And Data East sucks, so I don't have a time machine (I did once, sold it).

My charts show numerous scenarios. My point was, I think the govt numbers are very optimistic. I think a lot of their statements are simply made to control panic. But we shall find out....

#6167 3 years ago

What's scary is some people don't show symptoms. A lady in her 60s from North Battleford, SK died Saturday from covid19. She contacted it thru community spread. She lived on a acerage outside of town and only came in for coffee or groceries. She collapsed Friday and rushed to hospital where she died Saturday. Her sister said she wasn't sick Thursday and never mentioned having a cold or flu.

#6168 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I think our approach should be different than what we are doing now. We have each state doing their own thing and some of those states are doing a piss poor job. Our government should if they want to get our economy going should declare a lockdown in every state no exceptions for a period of at least 3 weeks and punish those who don't abide by it. People will have to go out for necessities but who needs to sun on the beach or have corona virus parties. Our present approach in my opinion will do little more than create ongoing "hot spots" for the foreseeable future. We need to act as a nation of one and force all states act in unison to be effective.

seems like most of the major issues that the usa has ever faced have come down to state rights ...goes back to the deal the colonies made when the formed a new country ... they needed a way to protect the lesser populated colonies from the tyranny of democracy ... this is why we don't have common have common sense federal laws ... think slavery ... abortion ...civil rights ... gun laws ... electoral college picking our president ..drug laws ..prison reform ...universal heath care .. global warming ...just to name a few... its time that put the needs of the many over the needs of the few

#6169 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Right, it's all estimates. It's impossible to predict the outcome with 100% accuracy, short of a time machine. And Data East sucks, so I don't have a time machine (I did once, sold it).
My charts show numerous scenarios. My point was, I think the govt numbers are very optimistic. I think a lot of their statements are simply made to control panic. But we shall find out....

And you may be right. Something else that I believe is not being accounted for is the length of time that this virus was in our country. Many believe it was here much earlier, as early as October 2019, than what is being reported. This could also have a huge effect on the numbers. I do think you have some valid points, I just feel there are still too many unknowns to get accurate numbers.

#6170 3 years ago

Yes off topic, but should make everyone a little happier .

https://www.engadget.com/2020/03/31/fcc-stir-shaken-june-30-2021/

#6171 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Yes off topic, but should make everyone a little happier .
https://www.engadget.com/2020/03/31/fcc-stir-shaken-june-30-2021/

I want to know who tf falls for these that they cost people '10bn a year'. In an age where you basically can screen every call based on the numbers you have in your phone, there's almost no reason for it to be that high.

#6172 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I read that article too. Never heard of the publisher, but what they wrote made sense. It’s a terrible time to need to sell a house.

What wasn't in the article. Mortgage bankers did loans in the past 8 months and sold them to investors. If a loan defaults within the first 6 payments, the loan is kicked back to the broker. While consumers will be able to delay payments, the brokers are on the hook for these as of this moment. Most banks are not allowing the mortgage bankers to delay on these new loans as of now as legislation didn't require it. Its difficult at best when drafting emergency legislation and things fall through the cracks. Unfortunately this is a sinkhole if not addressed immediately. Things changing faster than the normal fast. Yesterday afternoon guidelines changed for self employed. Underwriters can only calculate 75% of self employed income toward debt to income ratio this morning.

#6173 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I'm actually on the opposite side of fear mongering, which makes it odd that you decided to downvote every one of my posts. I thought this was a thread of discussion and ideas, presenting the latest news, but I guess not. I have enough stress from loss of my business that I don't need the pettiness exhibited here. Carry on.
PS: Stay safe in NY....hope noone close to you is effected.

Well, my guy, I downvote posts when I feel like it. It’s that simple and it’s not personal.

And I didn’t downvote all your posts. You’ve made 11 posts in this thread and I down voted 4 of them (all of which were related). So less than half. It’s really not a big deal.
I’m sorry your business is threatened. So is mine. And I hope you’re remaining healthy too.

#6174 3 years ago

Look at what the Fed and Treasury are doing buying up bad debt like in 2008. This "stimulus" they're ramming through has some much needed funding in it bu there is some greasy back door garbage there too. The 1200$ checks will end up costing everyone 8000$ later.

#6175 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

We can only control our own beliefs and behaviors. I feel lucky to be in a situation where I can stay at home as long as I need to, even if it’s a few years. It would be a drag on my savings, but I’d rather be poor in 2022 than dead.

So you will die if you leave your house? Have some self control and stop spreading fear. The chances that you will be dead in 2022 are pretty slim.

#6176 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I want to know who tf falls for these that they cost people '10bn a year'. In an age where you basically can screen every call based on the numbers you have in your phone, there's almost no reason for it to be that high.

It will ve nice to put an end to the spoofing of numbers for sure.

#6177 3 years ago

I get down voted if i don't agree but i don't down vote people that i don't agree with. Same old Same old. Just shows what its all about. We can cure this easily, We all become Vegans.

#6178 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Look at what the Fed and Treasury are doing buying up bad debt like in 2008. This "stimulus" they're ramming through has some much needed funding in it bu there is some greasy back door garbage there too. The 1200$ checks will end up costing everyone 8000$ later.

Sounds like a cunning plan

#6180 3 years ago

NOT a political post, and if covered earlier, my apologies.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/politics/trump-coronavirus/index.html
So now the President is being 'honest' by 'leveling' with America about the pending severity... questions:

1) why NOW?
2) this late in the game, might sound like the boy who cried wolf?

I mean I for one feel it is going to be bad so why was there such sugar coating?

#6181 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Which is why I downvoted the posts that referred to those statistics. Plus, we don’t really know exactly what happened in China. I’m not saying there’s a conspiracy or not. We just can’t be sure. We will get a clearer picture as this streaks through North America and we can add our statistics to everyone else’s. I think we can all agree that we would prefer a .066 death rate than 2%.

#6182 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I get down voted if i don't agree but i don't down vote people that i don't agree with. Same old Same old. Just shows what its all about. We can cure this easily, We all become Vegans.

I know it'll get cured, but I could never go vegan.

#6183 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Joking? Not sure, but plenty of bad mojo throughout history where eating isn't the cause.

#6184 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

For those bothered by downvotes from people that disagree with their posts, there’s a simple solution: disable them in your site preferences. As Levi is fond of saying, you then won’t see them at all and won’t be able to hand them out either. Case closed, and you won’t even have to eat your vegetables.

#6185 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Which is why I downvoted the posts that referred to those statistics. Plus, we don’t really know exactly what happened in China. I’m not saying there’s a conspiracy or not. We just can’t be sure. We will get a clearer picture as this streaks through North America and we can add our statistics to everyone else’s. I think we can all agree that we would prefer a .066 death rate than 2%.

Agreed...and thanks!

#6186 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

For those bothered by downvotes from people that disagree with their posts, there’s a simple solution: disable them in your site preferences. As Levi is fond of saying, you then won’t see them at all and won’t be able to hand them out either. Case closed, and you won’t even have to eat your vegetables.

People hate their downvotes but they can’t seem to live without them!

#6187 3 years ago

Oh for the love of pete. An “outdoor Easter blowout”? Is he a man of the cloth or a used car salesman?

“like Woodstock”. Lol. As if a bunch of Evangelists in a parking lot are ever going to remind anyone of the iconoclastic hippy rock freak out of its era.

Meanwhile, God is just smiling to himself and thinking “thin the herd...thin the herd”.

#6188 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

NOT a political post, and if covered earlier, my apologies.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/politics/trump-coronavirus/index.html
So now the President is being 'honest' by 'leveling' with America about the pending severity... questions:
1) why NOW?
2) this late in the game, might sound like the boy who cried wolf?
I mean I for one feel it is going to be bad so why was there such sugar coating?

It’s been done this way in our country for as long as I can remember...not saying it’s right. In theory, this tactic is meant to control the public and prevent panic. We are slowly being “heated” and brought up to the boiling point in a pot of water instead of just being thrown into a pot of boiling water...if that makes sense?

#6189 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

We are slowly being “heated” and brought up to the boiling point in a pot of water instead of just being thrown into a pot of boiling water...if that makes sense?

Yes, good point. I figured something like that, just have to wonder (hindsight) would we have taken things more seriously from that start and perhaps lessened the impact.

#6190 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

It’s been done this way in our country for as long as I can remember...not saying it’s right. In theory, this tactic is meant to control the public and prevent panic. We are slowly being “heated” and brought up to the boiling point in a pot of water instead of just being thrown into a pot of boiling water...if that makes sense?

I totally agree with this methodology, however I also believe there was a fair amount of "convincing" required to get the POTUS to respond. He's not the easiest individual to get to play along with something he doesn't want to do.

#6192 3 years ago

Down vote = I disagree enough to click it.
Up vote = I agree enough to click it.

Pinside down vote to up vote ratio = Who the FK cares because I don't look back or check what my overall ratio is.
You don't get a fine or penalized for down votes.

#6193 3 years ago

Samuel L Jackson has a new childrens book out.

"Stay the F@$K at home"

#6195 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

"Stay the F@$K at home"

#6196 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

"Stay the F@$K at home"

His children’s books are great.
Go The Fuck To Sleep is a timeless classic.

#6197 3 years ago

I was gangbanged by Pinside with down votes in the Alien / Andrew Heighway thread and even got a strict, private message from Robin about it. It was kind of an amazing event to me even now looking back on it.

Look, it doesn't feel good getting negative feedback but a down vote is intended to be, I disagree with you. But with some people it feels like, FUCK YOU, I WILL EAT YOUR CHILDREN!! (I have a super-fan in the Longhorn state that loves my attention)

Sometimes I agree with Levi about eliminating the up/down votes all together. Other times I enjoy dislocating a finger with a down vote. But I hand out WAAAAAAY more upvotes than down that's for certain. So try to enjoy the positive votes when you get them and minimize the bad.

FYI. Getting zero votes to a comment disturbs me so I've got that going on.

#6198 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

https://www.worldometers.info/
You can find that info here. Just scroll down the page. Although deaths from CV-19 are small in comparison to most on that list. In my opinion it would be higher then all others combined if left unchecked. This thing is spreading like crazy.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6199 3 years ago

4/1 Maryland Corona Virus Report

Whelp, it's about to get a whole lot worse. I am now being paid to stay home, but on "standby" in case I need to come back in to provide support (no telework in my industry). Looking forward to spending time with family (multi-tasking between coloring books and puzzles at the moment). I have a very negative outlook based on the government now paying employees and contractors to stay home now.

I have noticed that the local ATMs are limiting withdraws to smaller amounts. I have been slowly pulling out cash in case a low end TSPP steal pops up local for cash or Taxi + TSPP, but I don't think many pin sales/trades are going to be happening anytime soon.

We are in a golf course neighborhood and I decided to entertain the kids today by taking them to look for golf balls in the woods as an easter egg hunt as the course is now closed. I made them stop on the first hole after over 100 golf balls in the bucket as it was getting heavy. They want to go back tomorrow and some of my golfing buddies at work are going to get a hook up.

I also had the foresight to pick up some grass seed and yard work in case I got a stay at home order, so I have enough to keep me productive for a couple of days.

I'm still touching up the Taxi artwork on the sides, and am going to troubleshoot my JP as after watching videos I saw other people getting Raptor Multiball and I've never gotten it.

Star Trek TNG is still my favorite.

Stay safe folks!

#6200 3 years ago

First recorded suicide from shut down here in PA.
Pa. man distraught after losing job over coronavirus shoots girlfriend, himself

https://www.pennlive.com/coronavirus/2020/04/pa-man-distraught-over-losing-job-over-coronavirus-shoots-girlfriend-himself-i-talked-to-god-and-i-have-to-do-this.html?

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/124?hl=pinjim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.