Topic Stats

• 21,385 posts
  • 517 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,078 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210121_121739.jpg
20210121_121719.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Dentalchair_a (resized).png
ADEF9814-41EB-4103-A43B-2BB7443A3537 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210118-233900~2 (resized).png
victoria (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 7.33.30 AM (resized).png
Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
20210116_224325 (resized).jpg
20210116_224251 (resized).jpg
20210116_124545 (resized).jpg
E83B3B92-61CB-4D19-89B8-27605BD16F17 (resized).jpeg
AAA4A17D-1C6A-4489-AB08-FDF9811493D3.gif
Capture d’écran 2021-01-15 à 13.49.41 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.47.46 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

140 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21395 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 428.
#6101 9 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

ok now go re-watch all of Twin Peaks including the new season

Where is the new season?

#6103 9 months ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

What kind of weak human being can’t sit on his couch for a couple months to help save American lives.

Don't most of them do that anyway?

#6104 9 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Where is the new season?

oh I just meant Twin Peaks: The Return. Still feels like it came out yesterday....

#6105 9 months ago

I heard a couple rumors.
1. if people die and they have the virus, the cause of death is always recorded as corona virus even though that may not have been cause of death.
2. only roughly 20 percent of cases are even counted because of mild symptoms. Some people get it and get better not even counted statistically
3. if 2 is true, the corona virus is only 7 to 8 times more deadly than the flu.

#6106 9 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Missouri officially cracked down on coin-op:

This seems a little too familiar...
6B21A7A4-018C-4497-9D72-9E8A843B9EEB (resized).jpeg

#6107 9 months ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

I heard a couple rumors.

I won't get into details (because of American politics,) but beware there are lots of grifters pushing disinfo about the virus for political purposes, so best stick to what the credentialed channels are saying. Rumours and hearsay will give us false confidence and perhaps diminish our vigilance.

#6108 9 months ago

In LA, they are forcibly shutting down businesses that are not complying.

But without China's way of doing things, there are too many others not following the guidelines set down to realistically reopen things at the end of April. Soon they will probably be talking end of May, and so on.

#6109 9 months ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

I heard a couple rumors.
1. if people die and they have the virus, the cause of death is always recorded as corona virus even though that may not have been cause of death.
2. only roughly 20 percent of cases are even counted because of mild symptoms. Some people get it and get better not even counted statistically
3. if 2 is true, the corona virus is only 7 to 8 times more deadly than the flu.

Hard to specifically know....but jives with a recent study I just linked that puts the rate at .66 compared to .1 for the flu.

What's interesting is when the swine flu of 2009 hit, the fatality rates were initially reported as 10x as high as what later examination revealed. So there is always error early on in a pandemic. The Spanish Flu was reported as 2.5, but the actual rate is estimated around 8.

Here's an interesting article that compares some of the pandemics and the errors produced.

www.wired.com/story/covid-19-is-nothing-like-the-spanish-flu/amp

#6110 9 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Thanks zablon
unfortunately it was too small to use. Can you fix this one.
Pretty Please![quoted image]

cat (resized).jpg
#6111 9 months ago
Quoted from PinJim:

No offense, but I don’t buy it.
First, what PPE? It’ll be months before it’s available to the general public, at best. And even when it is, I don’t see people wearing it to work, the store, etc.
Second, it’s not who we are. Humans are social animals. We will eventually accept that people will get sick so we can go to the mall, have parties, head to the amusement park, etc. I’m not very social, in fact, I’m an introvert. But even I want to get out. And it’s been a few weeks.
A lot of people will die. That’s my prediction. And eventually it’ll work it’s way through society, and we’ll gain resistance. Sucks being an animal. But we are, and it’s not a perfect world.
Anyone who says 100,000 dead is not being truthful. Sorry, not buying it. Million, millions. I’m sorry for those older people in our communities. I’ll do my part to distance and hope a solution comes forth....

Chill out and follow the scientific predictions.

#6112 9 months ago

Anxiety is spending energy on something that you have no control over.

#6114 9 months ago
Quoted from Extraballz:What kind of weak human being can’t sit on his couch for a couple months to help save American lives. Past generations were asked to go off to war for years at a time. What an embarrassment......

Great post. Our sacrifice will be eating beans and corn nuts for 6 months.

#6115 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

[quoted image]

Thank you! And new corona-virus avatar is in place.

#6116 9 months ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

is true, the corona virus is only 7 to 8 times more deadly than the flu.

#6117 9 months ago
Quoted from robertmee:That's the fear.....social anarchy, depression, desperation, and crime are going to be the ugly byproducts of economic shutdown. At some point, there will be pushback against stay at home orders. I expect constitutional challenges too.

The reason the world will be in a better place when this is all said in done is that people will realize that living in fear is a prison. Living smart is a reward! The fear mongers will lose, and the world will win.

#6118 9 months ago

FIVE SIX SEVEN EIGHT

#6119 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Gizzard:

Anxiety is spending energy on something that you have no control over.

Like my diet.
Every damn bar is having wings to go specials now.

91663934_3110166182367258_8968527974798196736_o (resized).jpg
#6120 9 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

I won't get into details (because of American politics,) but beware there are lots of grifters pushing disinfo about the virus for political purposes, so best stick to what the credentialed channels are saying. Rumours and hearsay will give us false confidence and perhaps diminish our vigilance.

No kidding. People, stop scouring the web for fringe contrarian opinions! They’re everywhere, for a reason. Because any jack wagon can post “information” on the web. And if you truly can’t believe and accept (critically) news and information sources from the reliable sources of record (be they scientific, government or media based), than please consider excusing yourself from the society that every one else is trying to live and survive in. Go to the woods or the mountains or the ocean, and please unplug. Please.

#6122 9 months ago

This is great info if you’re sitting on expensive upcoming flight reservations, like me. We booked flights to Barcelona in May, and I thought the best we could get was a voucher for future travel. However this says that if you wait for the airline to cancel the flight, they MUST give you a refund (if you ask for it):

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/refund-or-change-flight/

#6123 9 months ago

Here’s the direct link

Frightened Doctors Face Off With Hospitals Over Rules on Protective Gear
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/health/hospitals-and-coronavirus.html?referringSource=articleShare

#6125 9 months ago

A Vaccine From The 1920s Is Now Being Tested For Use Against The Coronavirus Pandemic.
“We found that there was a reduction in the number of deaths attributed to COVID-19 per million inhabitants in countries that have universal BCG vaccination (usually at birth) compared to the countries that never established such policy,” he said. “The earlier the establishment of such policy, the stronger the reduction in mortality, consistent with a protection to the elderly population which is more severely affected by COVID-19.”

Italy and the United States, two of the countries hit hardest by the pandemic, do not have universal BCG vaccination policies. "

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmack/2020/03/31/a-vaccine-from-the-1920s-could-help-fight-the-coronavirus-pandemic/#48630161220b

#6126 9 months ago

Does anyone have any new info on India?

#6127 9 months ago

A pretty good read. Lets just hope we get a vaccine before the end of the year.
"A call to honesty in pandemic modeling"

https://medium.com/@wpegden/a-call-to-honesty-in-pandemic-modeling-5c156686a64b

pasted_image (resized).png
#6128 9 months ago

They might want those Navy hospital ships back.
Captain of aircraft carrier with growing coronavirus outbreak pleads for help from Navy
The USS Theodore Roosevelt, currently docked in Guam, has more than 100 sailors infected with the coronavirus.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Exclusive-Captain-of-aircraft-carrier-with-15167883.php?fbclid=IwAR1XiJHedRnMYd5WKRQwG3XqFSTPr-3dMBl712un6fHqeXWHjNJ6J2e0Pi0

#6129 9 months ago
Quoted from rkahr:

I finished my Alien Poker PF swap during my lockdown and have a BOP waiting. I'm not rushing in to that one for the same reason! Intimidating...
I've been getting out for some solitary bike rides as well. Yesterday I rode to Mt Vernon; over the weekend I stopped and took this picture of the weeping willows in Spring. Not a bad shot for my old iPhone SE.
[quoted image]
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball.

I can relate to you completely. Although I think cyclone was the more difficult one due to the GI.

IMG_20200329_232248849 (resized).jpgIMG_20200331_202811_01 (resized).jpg
#6130 9 months ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

I can relate to you completely. Although I think cyclone was the more difficult one due to the GI.[quoted image][quoted image]

I need to continue to get my Big Top up and going (no PF swap, but it needs some love). Now is the time.

#6131 9 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I need to continue to get my Big Top up and going (no PF swap, but it needs some love). Now is the time.

Agreed. I need to work on the house too but the GF is working from home. . .pinball work it is!

#6132 9 months ago

My new saying during the outbreak

Screenshot_20200401-012228~2 (resized).png
#6133 9 months ago

Welcome to WWIII, biological warfare, and the invisible enemy. Pretty soon all cash is gonna be considered infected with the virus and nobody will take it. Your little $1200 stimulus check will be in the form of a digital wallet kinda like crypto currency called the FED coin. Just what I’ve heard and I think it’s all a fuckin conspiracy.

#6134 9 months ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Welcome to WWIII, biological warfare, and the invisible enemy. Pretty soon all cash is gonna be considered infected with the virus and nobody will take it. Your little $1200 stimulus check will be in the form of a digital wallet kinda like crypto currency called the FED coin. Just what I’ve heard and I think it’s all a fuckin conspiracy.

Is this the plot to 12 monkeys?

#6135 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm just having a porterhouse steak on the BBQ tonight, but I will be glad to share

o-din, no pics of that mouth-watering porterhouse steak? I’ve been waiting. Where’s the beef?

A41FBF6E-E917-46D6-B250-63C47817F7AC (resized).jpeg
#6136 9 months ago
Quoted from mooch:

o-din, no pics of that mouth-watering porterhouse steak? I’ve been waiting. Where’s the beef?[quoted image]

Screenshot_20200401-022142~2 (resized).png
#6137 9 months ago

Drove home to San Jose from Joshua Tree a few days ago via the 101. Coastal towns open for business, like there was no pandemic. Beach packed with RVs, bumper to bumper. Solvang shut down -- good job!!

On my street nobody is practicing social distancing. This is while the Kaiser < 1 mile from my house is > 50% full with COVID patients.

2 of the neighbors are investment bankers so they're not supposed to be this stupid. I am angry and frustrated. This kind of shit is what's getting us in trouble and also making this shut down last longer.

#6138 9 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

My new saying during the outbreak[quoted image]

https://www.nytimes.com/1997/07/06/weekinreview/a-ritual-loses-its-grip.html

"But now, if you want to show someone respect, perhaps you should consider not shaking hands. That was the lesson Alonzo Mourning, the star center for the Miami Heat, tried to draw in May from the fifth game of the Eastern Conference finals of the National Basketball Association, when Michael Jordan of the Chicago Bulls refused to shake his outstretched hand."

#6139 9 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Chill out and follow the scientific predictions.

Like the rest of the sheep?

#6140 9 months ago

Totally OT, but i sure miss Frank Zappa.

#6141 9 months ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

Totally OT, but i sure miss Frank Zappa.

He would be great during all this.

#6142 9 months ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I’ll run the math tomorrow.

Some numbers. I'm not bothering with the world population for the moment. You can see that if you believe the latest 0.66% kill rate prediction, we'd need a 4.59% infection rate to get to 100,000 deaths. Maybe that's how they came to their 100k number? Maybe they are basing things on the flu infection rates (which are 5% to 20% annually)? So they think the rate of infection will be less than the flu? Huh. Note that the initial estimates said that 70% percent of the population would get CV.

I think their 100k number is wishful thinking. A way to control the panic.

I know people will lean on social distancing as a way to keep the infection rates down. Again, it just slows it down. People will still get infected. And in a month from now, "the show must go on". Uncle Sam isn't going to let society collapse over this. And people aren't smart enough to "sit on their couches", as someone here suggested. Sorry, I don't give the general populous that much credit. Hell, even in my town, people are out in large gatherings that the cops have to break up. Mostly in the lower socioeconomic areas of town, where I think there is a general mis-trust of authority anyhow. Which coincidentally are the areas that most likely will be hardest hit by this, for a variety of factors...
CV.jpg

#6143 9 months ago

I found an article by ccn (?) Ben Brown. "Did the fed just accidentally trigger a housing market crises". Family member was explaining to me what was happening real time in mortgage business right now for mid level mortgage bankers. The hedging that every mortgage banker has been doing forever caused a gigantic problem when the fed bought all those mortgage securities. Unless a solution is created now to help the mortgage bankers they will go out of business. Hearing this from mortgage executives from many companies. Bottom line could end up with banks putting mortgage bankers out of business, resulting in less competition with higher fees. I hadn't even contemplated how things like air b&b will affect the market. This is all happening in real time according to mortgage experts that read this article. Good news though that they closed the local golf course. They were waiting for the OC Board of Health to close them down according to a local fox news story instead of doing it themselves like every other golf course.

#6144 9 months ago

Slowing down the spreading of infection by social distancing will help in having enough hospital resources for the seriously infected, and thus keeping the death rate lower.

#6145 9 months ago

A guy running for office here in PA has a Facebook page called "May for PA". He sits downtown in Scranton every day and films the Greyhound buses continuing to drop off NYC residents in Scranton. You can't buy a one way ticket from Scranton to NY, or a round trip from Scranton-NYC-Scranton. But you CAN buy a one way ticket from NYC to Scranton. Two Greyhound employees have already died from the virus. Greyhound stopped the daily trips for a day after pressure, but reversed course and started back up again this week. They are literally helping the problem spread to other areas. In my opinion, we haven't seen anything yet as far as deaths go. Unless the curve starts to flatten, we are on track for 65k-70k total deaths in the next 11 days.

#6146 9 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The reason the world will be in a better place when this is all said in done is that people will realize that living in fear is a prison. Living smart is a reward! The fear mongers will lose, and the world will win.

I'm actually on the opposite side of fear mongering, which makes it odd that you decided to downvote every one of my posts. I thought this was a thread of discussion and ideas, presenting the latest news, but I guess not. I have enough stress from loss of my business that I don't need the pettiness exhibited here. Carry on.

PS: Stay safe in NY....hope noone close to you is effected.

#6147 9 months ago

April 1st numbers so far today. Lots of countries haven’t reported today yet.

95F6AAEA-311E-49E5-89A9-C3E36A68CD7C (resized).png

53A98891-1DFA-4F8F-A68A-A58DB2A23EA1 (resized).png

#6148 9 months ago

Just read a national post article. In Canada this expected to last until July at the earliest

https://apple.news/AqffDbILiRXKwbv6mOVN33A

#6149 9 months ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Just read a national post article. In Canada this expected to last until July at the earliest
https://apple.news/AqffDbILiRXKwbv6mOVN33A

Am I the only one that hopes the virus is the plot to a new season of Trailer Park Boys?

#6150 9 months ago

The virus probably wouldn't affect those guys. Jules keeps a glass of internal sanitizer always with him, while with Ricky, the virus would get stoned and confused.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 22.50
$ 44.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 39.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Concealed Art
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods
$ 495.00
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 16.50
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 26.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 70.00
Playfield - Plastics
Cobra Amusements
$ 249.00
There are 21395 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 428.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside