272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 576.
#5951 4 years ago

Chris was already infected and contagious when that interview happened.

#5952 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You do realize that antibiotics fight off bacterial infections, and not viruses?

Like the staph infection I had that would have killed me without penicillin?

Why yes, yes I do.

#5953 4 years ago

I’m all for this. Just don’t use n-95s please!

#5954 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Still a very bad idea to go forward with that type of event right now. Along with low density comes fewer healthcare providers, hospital beds, and ventilators.
You'd think other states would learn from what happened to Louisiana with Mardi Gras, etc. The fair seems like the perfect place to start a North Dakota breakout.

I saw Cheap Trick at the ND State Fair in 1981. They rocked! And they still do:

This clip really makes me smile. Daryl’s House is only about 60 miles away from me and I’ve still never been. This video has totally inspired me to go as soon as this Covid crap dies down.

#5955 4 years ago

I saw Cheap Trick at the ND State Fair in 1981. They rocked! And they still do

Saw them New Years Eve 1979 at Long Beach Arena with Nick Guilder.

"Hot Child In The city"

That's when we stopped listening to both bands and started calling the headliner "Shit Treak"

#5958 4 years ago

USA death toll has now surpassed what was reported from China.

But how is it we have over 160,000 cases and Mexico is still sitting around 1,000?

Chill rellenos, beans and rice, and tequila is all I can come up with.

#5960 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Yes the overuse of antibiotics is the coming storm in healthcare. I was at a conference a year or so ago and an infectious disease guy did an entire lecture on the topic. Bacteria don’t like getting killed any more than we do and they WILL figure out a way to survive. It’s a balancing act to use the antibiotics we do have judiciously so we can buy time to develop new antibiotics and hopefully stay one step ahead of the bacteria.

This is interesting. “A coming storm”. As I really thought everyone realized by now that antibiotics don’t fight viruses. I mean, I’ve know this for at least 20 years, and the information wasn’t hard to locate.

Our societal fascination for anti-bacterial soap has been a big topic too, for at least a decade if I’m not mistaken. My household doesn’t use it. And why would we? If we constantly kill all the bacteria we’re exposed to, than our immune systems don’t have a chance to build up defense systems against bacteria. And when that day happens. Boom.

#5961 4 years ago

And for new parents out there, breast feeding is really, really good for the immune system, and all sorts of other benefits for your growing babies. And it’s free.

#5962 4 years ago

This is interesting. “A coming storm”. As I really thought everyone realized by now that antibiotics don’t fight viruses. I mean, I’ve know this for at last 20 years, and the information wasn’t hard to locate.
Our societal fascination for anti-bacterial soap has been a big topic too, for at least a decade if I’m not mistaken. My household doesn’t use it. And why would we? If we constantly kill all the bacteria we’re exposed to, than our immune systems don’t have a chance to build up defense systems against bacteria. And when that day happens. Boom.

You’d be surprised how many people come in and demand antibiotics to cure their cold. I explain this multiple times every week.

#5963 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

You’d be surprised how many people come in and demand antibiotics to cure their cold. I explain this multiple times every week.

And then they wonder why their GI flora is all fucked up and they have GI issues later in life.

#5964 4 years ago

I really thought everyone realized by now that antibiotics don’t fight viruses. I mean, I’ve know this for at last 20 years, and the information wasn’t hard to locate.

My mother told me that when I was child in the 60s. She was a lab tech at one time.

It's just like the mercury they have been pumping into everyone's teeth for decades. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that can poison you.

But it's still approved by the powers that be. If they changed that, shit would hit the fan so hard they would not be able to handle the fallout so they just leave it.

#5965 4 years ago

And for new parents out there, breast feeding is really, really good for the immune system, and all sorts of other benefits for your growing babies. And it’s free.

For the first 6 months is great. Mother passes a bit of the immunity to newborn. Not to say they won't be brought down by something, but a head start if you will.

#5966 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Saw them New Years Eve 1979 at Long Beach Arena with Nick Guilder.
"Hot Child In The city"
That's when we stopped listening to both bands and started calling the headliner "Shit Treak"

I just saw Trick with my wife on Valentine’s Day at the Capital Theatre. And they shredded. Some of the best pop tunes ever written, with little homages to the Beatles everywhere.

The Capital Theatre is a fantastic place for a gig, and has a very illustrious history: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitol_Theatre_(Port_Chester,_New_York)

I see about 3 gigs a year there. Only about a 25 minute drive from the house. They’re closed now and have to reschedule all her gigs. https://www.thecapitoltheatre.com/

#5967 4 years ago

Well, she was right. It wasn’t in NY on 3/27. So why are you posting this exactly?

#5969 4 years ago

I just saw Trick with my wife on Valentine’s Day at the Capital Theatre. And they shredded. Some of the best pop tunes ever written, with little homages to the Beatles everywhere.

I've eased up on my opinion of them over the years, but at the time it was a little too bubble gum for me. The concert was actually pretty good because it was mostly the first two albums. Dream Police is when it really started to take a turn for the worse..

#5970 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

And then they wonder why their GI flora is all fucked up and they have GI issues later in life.

I honestly haven’t taken antibiotics for anything for over 30 years. Growing up doctors prescribed them every time you got a bad cold, so I took them a number of times. But once I hit college I’d heard that when antibiotics are overused they won’t work when you really need them. So I just stopped taking them. Every few years I’ll get a cold with “green sputum” and I still don’t bother going to the doctor and getting antibiotics, because really, it’s going to go away in a few days anyway.

#5971 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've eased up on my opinion of them over the years, but at the time it was a little too bubble gum for me. The concert was actually pretty good because it was mostly the first two albums. Dream Police is when it really started to take a turn for the worse..

What about Nick Gilder?

#5972 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I figured out WTF watching one the other day...

This made me actually laugh out loud.

#5973 4 years ago

If anybody is in or knows someone laid off in the restaurant business, Fieri’s relief fund is giving $500 grants

RERF.US

#5974 4 years ago

What about Nick Gilder?

Nick Lowe was better.

#5975 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nick Lowe was better.

Yeah, but this Nick, for awhile anyway, may have had it best of all.

09063DFD-FD84-43AD-B958-D4642148CE1E (resized).jpeg09063DFD-FD84-43AD-B958-D4642148CE1E (resized).jpeg
#5976 4 years ago

Yeah, but this Nick, for awhile anyway, may have had it best of all.

Is that Nick the Dick?

#5977 4 years ago

I mean, here’s your corona distraction of the day boys and girls

#5978 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks doc. You just taught me a new word.

Not a Big Bang Theory fan?

#5979 4 years ago

I self censored those pics, because I recall they’re not appreciated. But they were hot. Jessica was so very hot. Once.

#5981 4 years ago

Here's some more good news for those thinking about getting some liquidity out of their property values that have gone back up to pre 2008 levels to help weather this storm.

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/barrack-were-liquidity-crisis-not-191635231.html

Quoted from loneacer:

Not a Big Bang Theory fan?

Not really. But I do enjoy Young Sheldon because it is not specifically about nerds.

#5982 4 years ago

Just looking at infection2020.com - in Westchester Co, NY almost 1 in 100 people are infected. Nearby counties are nearly as bad but that's the worst I could find on the map.

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 4.38.58 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-31 at 4.38.58 PM (resized).png

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#5983 4 years ago

More potential indirect victims:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52110551

Mind boggling to think of the lasting effects of this.

#5985 4 years ago

This online unemployment is super simple.

After I received literature in the mail yesterday, I assumed they would send my the bi-weekly claim form too. It's been two weeks and they did not notify me, but I just logged onto the sight and filled out all the questions in a couple minutes and it instantly said I got paid.

Still waiting for their debit card, and no I do not have to look for work. Still have no idea what the fed supplement will be.

At the end I took their little poll and rated it as excellent. My brief description why is "system is very easy to use"

#5986 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Actually you’re wrong. Show me your stats here. Vast majority. Pretty sure last time I checked, you didn’t cure anything. So quit grandstanding

Why are you so grumpy? Did your mommy run out of lunch meat? She makes the best sammiches though.......

#5987 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Christ on a cracker man...how’s your avatar ocd doing?

I didn't get a chance to ask, do you recognize him?

#5988 4 years ago

Lets play "Event 201" Timing on this is crazy

game (resized).pnggame (resized).png
#5989 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Lets play "Event 201" Timing on this is crazy [quoted image]

I had posted the videos of this in the other now closed and defunct thread. I better not do it here . Started in October

#5990 4 years ago

I'm a big fan of o-din changing up the avatar. Never know what's going to be next

#5991 4 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

I'm a big fan of o-din changing up the avatar. Never know what's going to be next

Waiting for some type of food avatar

#5992 4 years ago

Sickens me how some people politicize this situation. Never waste a good disaster. Misinformation, and half truths are the rule of the day. Good thing this is not actually WWIII. We could not possibly be in a situation with less responsible and reliable news and media in general. Listen to the scientists and the CDC, etc, but leave the opinion pieces out because all they are doing is trying to get an R or a D elected this fall through ugly spin. Put the MSLSD, CNN, Fox News, NPR and AOL down. Find out how you can help. If there is nothing you personally can do to help others; then STFU, distance socially and watch Disney Plus or the new season of Ozark.

#5993 4 years ago

Oh no! No more Krabby patties.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5994 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Oh no! No more Krabby patties.[quoted image]

Are they doing any To-Go's?

#5995 4 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

I’m thinking of bringing back the smoking kid as my avatar theme. To go with Odin’s smoking dog, who I hope will come back some day.
FDF2F0C3-E1D2-46FD-98FA-7699829DFA93 (resized).jpegFDF2F0C3-E1D2-46FD-98FA-7699829DFA93 (resized).jpeg

#5996 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Sickens me how some people politicize this situation. Never waste a good disaster. Misinformation, and half truths are the rule of the day. Good thing this is not actually WWIII. We could not possibly be in a situation with less responsible and reliable news and media in general. Listen to the scientists and the CDC, etc, but leave the opinion pieces out because all they are doing is trying to get an R or a D elected this fall through ugly spin. Put the MSLSD, CNN, Fox News, NPR and AOL down. Find out how you can help. If there is nothing you personally can do to help others; then STFU, distance socially and watch Disney Plus or the new season of Ozark.

I have STFU, but I’ll never put down - or “put down” - NPR. One of the single best sources of news and entertainment EVER. Plenty of variety, good, honest reporting, and the best intentions for everyone. Listen to the Brian Lehrer show at 10am ET on WNBC (NYC) once (how about tomorrow morning?) and then tell me he’s bullshit. And while your at it, listen to the BBC news hour, which comes on right before him (same NPR station) at 9am ET. Every weekday.

This is how a lot of educated New Yorkers start their day. Informed, honest, empathetic coverage of the days events. No bluster and no bullshit. Try it. You might like it.

#5997 4 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

I'm a big fan of o-din changing up the avatar.

Thanks!

I have however just found out some are not a fan of letting others sell pinball machines for cheap.

#5998 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m thinking of bringing back the smoking kid as my avatar theme. To go with Odin’s smoking dog, who I hope will come back some day.
[quoted image]

I won't change my avatar but was thinking of putting a mask on the cat until this is over. But don't have photoshop so guess that won't happen.

#5999 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I won't change my avatar but was thinking of putting a mask on the cat until this is over. But don't have photoshop so guess that won't happen.

cat (resized).jpgcat (resized).jpg
#6000 4 years ago
batman (resized).jpgbatman (resized).jpg
There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/120 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.