272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 576.
#5651 4 years ago

Oh snap! I almost forgot about this. I wondered what that beeping in the background was.

DSCN6754 (resized).JPGDSCN6754 (resized).JPG
#5652 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Correct, I got the additional amount mixed up. It is $600 additional, not $200. This could have some pretty bad unintended consequences. Unless you make a very good living, it creates a big incentive to try to get fired or otherwise become unemployed.
It doesn’t really seem fair that an essential worker is busting their ass working while someone is being paid significantly more not to work. Especially in low wage states. I think you might see a revolt among employed grocery workers. This was not well thought out at all.

Uh oh.

6A0A93D4-7FD5-4679-A14B-DD06298360CB (resized).jpeg6A0A93D4-7FD5-4679-A14B-DD06298360CB (resized).jpeg
#5653 4 years ago

We will all be wearing mask if and when another pandemic comes our way.......

#5654 4 years ago

The president just said he has a very good friend seriously ill right now.

He said "He's got two problems. He is heavy and he is not very young"

Amen

#5655 4 years ago

Boo. I was going to guess Jumping Jack. Because the two player version is better? No, because I have JJ, I moved on my Jack in the box years ago.

#5656 4 years ago

All the power to the workers that keep our society humming. You deserve safety and a living wage as the bare minimum.

#5657 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Have you seen pictures of people out and about in China and South Korea? Every last one of them is wearing a mask. There doesn’t seem to be a shortage there.

#5658 4 years ago

Pa's updated stay at home map.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5659 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

So I was right.

About what exactly? You said 200...it is 600. You then said 450 was below average...it isn't. You said you thought 450 was amongst the highest...it isn't. You said everyone on unemployment gets 600...they don't.

#5660 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Pa's updated stay at home map.[quoted image]

Ya know, it's not the first time I've been told to stay home.

#5661 4 years ago

Someone is making a killing. $35 a mask and 53 sold! They were $15 for 10 at Home Depot before this started.

#5662 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

About what exactly? You said 200...it is 600. You then said 450 was below average...it isn't. You said you thought 450 was amongst the highest...it isn't. You said everyone on unemployment gets 600...they don't.

You are completely misrepresenting what I said.
I was initially wrong about the $200 and corrected myself and then said it was $600 on top of regular benefit award, which it is. Not up to as you keep stating. I said the average is below $450 and that $450 would be closer to the max, which it was when I worked for the state of California unemployment office (EDD) back in 2009. It hasn’t changed for California. It’s higher in some states and lower in others but the average persons weekly benefit is most certainly less than $450 nationally.

Did you even read my initial post where I gave you and Odin advice on filing?

I was the guy that decided whether you got approved or denied.

#5663 4 years ago

So what really grinds my gears about this whole stimulus package is I pay taxes just like everyone else.....you know what I get....NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH....why because someone decides if you make X amount you don’t qualify. Why should I even pay taxes if I get no benefit from it when I could use it just like most others....I don’t make hundreds of thousands or millions...those folks could care less about $1200. Was not married when I filed my taxes but I am now and I know what she makes and we would have qualified and gotten $2400....WTF!!! It makes no sense. Pisses me off...throwing money at people is not the answer anyway....

#5664 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Or "go home!"

#5665 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Someone is making a killing. $35 a mask and 53 sold! They were $15 for 10 at Home Depot before this started.
[quoted image]

An indicator of where we are at in this stage of the Pandemic. I paid 1.25 a mask a Month
ago, the standard Retail price.
Lets hope they indeed produce millions in the coming days so everyone can have one.
In the meantime wear a cool bandana of your choice, it helps! If you go outside
cover your mouth and nose. Better yet, add a set of wrap around shades.
We can do it.

#5666 4 years ago

Yeah I don’t mind rewarding the “less fortunate” in this situation but how about a tax cut for the ones footing the bill?

#5667 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

All the power to the workers that keep our society humming. You deserve safety and a living wage as the bare minimum.

South of the border, I imagine having some health insurance would be nice. Hopefully, no one gets stuck with a big bill and if they do, hopefully they don't have to deal with some outfit that is out-of-network, which would really jack up the prices.

#5668 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

“You can sleep anywhere you want and with whoever you want, but you can’t stay here!” - bouncer, circa 1985 (3am)

#5669 4 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

So what really grinds my gears about this whole stimulus package is I pay taxes just like everyone else.....you know what I get....NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH....why because someone decides if you make X amount you don’t qualify. Why should I even pay taxes if I get no benefit from it when I could use it just like most others....I don’t make hundreds of thousands or millions...those folks could care less about $1200. Was not married when I filed my taxes but I am now and I know what she makes and we would have qualified and gotten $2400....WTF!!! It makes no sense. Pisses me off...throwing money at people is not the answer anyway....

I don’t get anything either. But I’m ok with that. I’m just glad I’m in a better situation than many people. I do think that the stimulus is punitive as a whole to people in high cost of living blue states. Surprisingly, the democratic lawmakers are favoring those in red states with there supportive legislation.

#5670 4 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I think they would have better off getting this money to unemployment agencies to ensure it gets to the right people. Those being people losing jobs right now that may have problems paying for rent/mortgage and/or food.

What I think is completely misguided is spending all that money with the intent of "stimulating" the economy. No one can travel, go out for entertainment, restaurants, etc right now so how is that money going to stimulate the economy? Unless people are going to use for rent or food, most will either save it or use it to pay off debt. That won't stimulate the economy and so the money could be used elsewhere IMO.

#5671 4 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Was not married when I filed my taxes but I am now and I know what she makes and we would have qualified and gotten $2400....WTF!!!

I think if that's the case you'll be eligble for $2400 off next years tax bill.

#5672 4 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Pickle it doesn't matter why the 1200 is coming unless I read you wrong. Make the best of it.

#5673 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I think they would have better off getting this money to unemployment agencies to ensure it gets to the right people. Those being people losing jobs right now that may have problems paying for rent/mortgage and/or food.
What I think is completely misguided is spending all that money with the intent of "stimulating" the economy. No one can travel, go out for entertainment, restaurants, etc right now so how is that money going to stimulate the economy? Unless people are going to use for rent or food, most will either save it or use it to pay off debt. That won't stimulate the economy and so the money could be used elsewhere IMO.

Not stimulate the Economy but sustain it for awhile longer? Until we pass though this?

#5674 4 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I really cannot figure out what you are talking about, other then you will not be getting some of this govt. money. Something about you and your wife is al I can make of it.

#5675 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Another? We are not through this one yet.

#5676 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Another? We are not through this one yet.

The second coming of this one this fall. Just like H1N1 it will be the reaper.

#5677 4 years ago

I guess I am not really mad about not getting the $1200 but that is not enough to help people for as long as this is looking to last. There are better things the government can do with that money to take care of the people. Putting money in people pockets is bad. Majority of people are bad with money and won’t spend it wisely. It’s not a long term solution to this problem....it may feed people today but what about another week or two......oh stimulus package number 2....would not shock me if it happened.

#5678 4 years ago

200 listings for surgical masks on ebay. They are a lot cheaper then the N95

#5679 4 years ago

In other news, the hole in the ozone is only half the size it was two weeks ago.

#5680 4 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

oh stimulus package number 2....would not shock me if it happened.

These stimulus packages will look like the Fast and the Furious franchise before this is done.

#5681 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

These stimulus packages will look like the Fast and the Furious franchise before this is done.

Quite a few of the National politicians said 4 or 5 rounds....

#5682 4 years ago

The really weird thing about the income limit is that I feel there a lot of people in that range (making right over 100k) who are completely out of work right (small business owners, salesman, people in the hotel industry, etc). Like the income limit makes sense, it's just that it was at a level that kind of penalizes higher cost of living areas like the coasts. Should have been a limit of like 200k per person, wouldn't have cost that much more.

#5683 4 years ago
73445A08-A9EE-49A4-B5EF-95FA8B2688AF (resized).jpeg73445A08-A9EE-49A4-B5EF-95FA8B2688AF (resized).jpeg
#5684 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

South of the border, I imagine having some health insurance would be nice. Hopefully, no one gets stuck with a big bill and if they do, hopefully they don't have to deal with some outfit that is out-of-network, which would really jack up the prices.

I am unable to comment on that topic, as surely it would be a thread eject for me, but I am terrified for many of my American friends right now. That is all.

#5685 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

That doesn't sound so bad. At least the government is ahead of the pinball industry.

#5686 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In other news, the hole in the ozone is only half the size it was two weeks ago.

As a society we're quickly learning that things we've been told were impossible to do are actually very possible.

#5687 4 years ago

I also read fine print.

In one article it said $600 up to your regular pay.

#5688 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

200 listings for surgical masks on ebay. They are a lot cheaper then the N95[quoted image]

Hopefully they are not coming from India.

#5689 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

The really weird thing about the income limit is that I feel there a lot of people in that range (making right over 100k) who are completely out of work right (small business owners, salesman, people in the hotel industry, etc). Like the income limit makes sense, it's just that it was at a level that kind of penalizes higher cost of living areas like the coasts. Should have been a limit of like 200k per person, wouldn't have cost that much more.

I'm not a fan of the program at all. The money should go to those that are eligible for unemployment benefits regardless of salary. As an example, I will receive $3,400, but my household income has not been impacted at all by COVID-19. Doesn't really make sense. I will put the money in my bank account and use it to pay the future tax increases we will be receiving to pay back the "stimulus".

#5690 4 years ago

This weather is really going to make Florida's Coronavirus explode!
"2020 Atlantic hurricane season is expected to have 'above-normal' tropical activity"
https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/2020-atlantic-hurricane-season-is-expected-to-have-above-normal-tropical-activity-report-says?fbclid=IwAR0Y5ohVtdG5AzipFtocjQc7DIka9Hb0gnCialqQ3-UT3LZL9y7kpWPN-aM

#5691 4 years ago

I guess it's time.

DSCN6756 (resized).JPGDSCN6756 (resized).JPG
#5692 4 years ago

Fat chance of that around here. My last speeding ticket was about 6 years ago. I was driving to the hospital to see a patient who was actively coding. I sped up to pass a car and the cop was sitting right where the speed limit went from 50 to 45. He gunned me doing 53 in the 45 as I passed the car. He pulled me over, I explained I was a physician on my way to the hospital in an emergency and showed him my ID badge. His response? "License and registration sir."

What an a-hole.

#5693 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Boo. I was going to guess Jumping Jack. Because the two player version is better? No, because I have JJ, I moved on my Jack in the box years ago.

Well it technically it is a Jumping Jack but I gave credit because there's no way to tell by the playfield alone.

You are right though, two player is better!

#5694 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I also read fine print.
In one article it said $600 up to your regular pay.

Could you reference the article? I have searched several different news sources and can’t find any fine print that says $600 up to your regular pay. Its important to get to the bottom of this.

Edit :Did you get it from that guys SavingtoInvest site? That was from last Tuesday before it was finalized and was a caveat he put in there because he was unsure how contract workers and self-employed would be handled.

#5695 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess it's time.[quoted image]

Are you eating 6 meals a day, or what?? Lol
FYI...im extremely jealous!!!

#5696 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Could you reference the article? I have searched several different news sources and can’t find any fine print that says $600 up to your regular pay. Its important to get to the bottom of this.

I tried hard to figure it out myself, but at this point I am unsure and do not know.

I also do not know if I am supposed to look for work or not or update my resume on their website, which really makes no sense, but I'll do it anyway.

Everybody picks their career path, and when they do, they should know that someday theirs may be more important than others. Mine was at certain times, but not now.

#5697 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They should be making minimum $15 an hour. Don’t you agree? I guess I’m one of those people “pushing it.”
Supermarkets are making a KILLING right now and wages should instantly be raised to $15 minimum. I’m sure you’ll confirm there’s zero sales on anything now too. The 4 for $10 TV dinners I bought the Thursday after the shit hit the fan are $5 each now. My last trip to the supermarket I didn’t see a single thing on sale. And why would I?

I agree with the pay, but disagree with the generalization on stores making a killing. With reduced hours, supply chain issues, and people afraid to go out, our business is now down quite a bit.

#5698 4 years ago

No, no, no!

#5699 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

No, no, no![quoted image]

What are those flappy things? Sinuses?

#5700 4 years ago

I guess I won't be needing a test.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/114?hl=jaytrem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.