272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 576.
#5452 4 years ago

d351878 (resized).jpgd351878 (resized).jpg

#5453 4 years ago

Maybe forget me nots????

#5454 4 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

The tall ship Pilgrim keeled Sat nite. Ocean Institute had scheduled maintenance but it was postponed. Students would come by busloads to visit the ship. A couple times a year tall ships come into our harbor and they have canon fights at sea. They advertise hands on work, and if your on a ship without alot of people its seriously hard work. There is another tall ship in the background. And my avocado trees are looking great.[quoted image]

Could it have been an insurance scam/fraud? Now that business is going to be shut off for many there may be a lot of sudden unexpected insurance claims.

#5455 4 years ago

Meanwhile in Finland...

- Restaurants, bars, cafes, nightclubs etc are to be closed until May 31. Takeaway food is allowed to be served.
- School closings are extended for one month, to May 13.
- Stricter border control to western and northern borders will take place. All border crossing passenger traffic by boat will be forbidden.
- Restriction of over 10 people gatherings will be continued until May 13.

We are seeing positive results of actions so far, so I welcome these extensions.

#5456 4 years ago

Anybody curious about their weekly horoscope?
461AB8B9-5987-4DDC-B213-9A5D91D60B6A (resized).jpeg461AB8B9-5987-4DDC-B213-9A5D91D60B6A (resized).jpeg

#5457 4 years ago

Scammers are already at work contacting people posing as IRS agents and asking for their bank transfer numbers so that they can receive their money from the government. Simply no line these guys won't cross is there.

#5458 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Yes...I am spending quality time with my dogs...wife seems to be upset.

Um, not sure that's how its suppose to go....

#5459 4 years ago

All schools have been closed in Ohio until May 1st and then they will revisit the situation and move forward from then.

#5460 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Scammers are already at work contacting people posing as IRS agents

All I know is besides no cars and some peace and quiet, all robocalls mysteriously stopped two weeks ago. I hope it stays like this forever.

#5461 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Scammers are already at work contacting people posing as IRS agents and asking for their bank transfer numbers so that they can receive their money from the government. Simply no line these guys won't cross is there.

I've had three calls today telling me that my vehicle warranty has expired. When I tell them I would like to buy the extended warranty and they ask me what I drive and I say a 1978 Ford F-150 they hang up everytime....WTF??

Seems like they would still go ahead and take my money since it's a scam anyways.

#5462 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I had my identity stolen a few years ago. They stole my tax return and opened some credit cards...who knows what else?

I have been desperately trying to get unemployment, but all the offices are closed, they don't answer ANY calls (despite me trying hundreds of times...yes...hundreds), and I can't get through online because it says my SS # has already been used.

I'm hoping it is just a web glitch, but it could be scammers again.

My wife and I both lost our jobs, and we have 3 kids and a mortgage. We desperately need to get unemployment.

#5463 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

All I know is besides no cars and some peace and quiet, all robocalls mysteriously stopped two weeks ago. I hope it stays like this forever.

Life should be all unicorns for you and that beautiful Comet you recently bought.

#5464 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I've had three calls today telling me that my vehicle warranty has expired.

I like the ones where they tell me they can help pay off my student loan.

#5465 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I've had three calls today telling me that my vehicle warranty has expired. When I tell them I would like to buy the extended warranty and they ask me what I drive and I say a 1978 Ford F-150 they hang up everytime....WTF??
Seems like they would still go ahead and take my money since it's a scam anyways.

car warranty (resized).jpgcar warranty (resized).jpg
#5466 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Life should be all unicorns for you and that beautiful Comet you recently bought.

As my dad used to say "now you are farting through velvet".

He is a lot of the reason I am prepared for this.

He also used to say things like "If you grew up during the depression..."

#5467 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I had my identity stolen a few years ago. They stole my tax return and opened some credit cards...who knows what else?
I have been desperately trying to get unemployment, but all the offices are closed, they don't answer ANY calls (despite me trying hundreds of times...yes...hundreds), and I can't get through online because it says my SS # has already been used.
My wife and I both lost our jobs, and we have 3 kids and a mortgage. We desperately need to get unemployment.

Man, that is tough going and sound like a complex problem to navigate. Hang in there!

That reminds me, I need to freeze my credit.

#5468 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

You may have to go down to your nearest unemployment office or federal building. My wife filed hers this morning around 5am and got right on and done. Your state is much larger though so it could just be backed up.

#5469 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

That really sucks. I pray that things get better for your family soon.

#5470 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

and I can't get through online because it says my SS # has already been used.

That sucks daditude...filling mine tomorrow. Not looking forward to the process but anxiety level was greatly reduced when my governor told me to officially stay home this morning.

I almost feel essential again

#5471 4 years ago

Very good quote from this article.

"“Well, Jake, we should not be focusing in my view on anything looking back on any level of government right now,” Mr. de Blasio said on “State of the Union.” “This is just about how we save lives going forward. ""

#5472 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

All schools have been closed in Ohio until May 1st and then they will revisit the situation and move forward from then.

My school district just announced it is closed for the remainder of the year. We did have one parent of a student where my wife teaches at tested positive.

#5473 4 years ago

Go Ford! Just posted

20200330_165919 (resized).jpg20200330_165919 (resized).jpg

#5474 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

My school district just announced it is closed for the remainder of the year. We did have one parent of a student where my wife teaches at tested positive.

We just found out here as well that schools are closed for the rest of the school year.

#5476 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

We just found out here as well that schools are closed for the rest of the year.

For clarification, they just mean 'this school year' right? Not the actual calendar year?

How is that going to work with changing grades? Are they 'finishing' online? Are they just going to pass them into the next grade?

#5477 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Very good quote from this article.
"“Well, Jake, we should not be focusing in my view on anything looking back on any level of government right now,” Mr. de Blasio said on “State of the Union.” “This is just about how we save lives going forward. ""

Yes it’s a lovely quote, but part of being an elected official is accepting accountability. It’s important not to lose sight of that.

#5478 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

For clarification, they just mean 'this school year' right? Not the actual calendar year?

That is correct.
I will edit the above post for clairity.

#5479 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

That is correct.
I will edit the above post for clairity.

I'm sure it was clear for those with kids. I have none so I wasn't sure.

#5480 4 years ago

With all these places that want to build ventilators, is there like a government provided set of plans they are following? Are all them going to build the same unit or is it up to each of them to design one?

Is there a software package they are all intended to run?

#5481 4 years ago

And they probably won't need a bailout to do it.

#5482 4 years ago

With more states announcing shut downs today we just might be finally getting our USA shit together. Im feeling a little more optimistic.

Now let’s get rid of those covidians. Not 1...not 2.... but ALL 19 of those bastards : )

#5483 4 years ago

One comment I'll never forget reading online throughout all of this is from a UAW line worker who said "I won't go back to work to make trucks but I'll go back to make ventilators".

#5484 4 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

That sucks daditude...filling mine tomorrow. Not looking forward to the process but anxiety level was greatly reduced when my governor told me to officially stay home this morning.
I almost feel essential again

I'm sorry to hear that.
If I may suggest, I would recommend going online and seeing if you can get through now. Early evening seems to be the best time to get on there. I'm pretty sure all phone lines are completely down, and all the offices are closed (at least in my State). Early morning is the absolute worst time to get online for it.

Please keep me (and this thread) posted on what happens either way. Or you can always PM me.

I wish you the best.

#5485 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How is that going to work with changing grades? Are they 'finishing' online? Are they just going to pass them into the next grade?

My understanding is that my wife and I are basically home schooling the kids.
The school and teachers here have been preparing online classes etc. because they figured this order was coming.

The school ordered a bunch of chrome books for kids that don’t have computers.
I guess this is how it’s going to be for a while.

#5486 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

One comment I'll never forget reading online throughout all of this is from a UAW line worker who said "I won't go back to work to make trucks but I'll go back to make ventilators".

Lots of people are stepping up. And management everywhere in the supply lines need to start taking this seriously and providing hazard pay and severely improved health and safety protocol so workers don’t start going AWOL.

If these people
Stop coming to work, it’s serious lord of the flies time. Will they order the military to staff the supermarkets, or keep the pork plants running?

#5487 4 years ago

We are gonna have a surplus of ventilators in 6-12 months when this blows over...I’m hoping the secondary market prices drop low enough to where I can add a ventilator or two to my disaster preparedness items. Maybe grab one of those portable ones to toss in the bugout bag.

#5488 4 years ago

I'm taking a stand.

I've gone from talking about the weather yesterday, to enjoying it today. Supposed to get even hotter tomorrow.

#5489 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

We are gonna have a surplus of ventilators in 6-12 months when this blows over...I’m hoping the secondary market prices drop low enough to where I can add a ventilator or two to my disaster preparedness items. Maybe grab one of those portable ones to toss in the bugout bag.

Those things cost more than a pinball machine don’t they?!

#5490 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Go Ford! Just posted
[quoted image]

Rock on Michigan!!!

#5491 4 years ago

Daditude
Thanks for the info. Please no need to feel sorry for my situation. I’ve been going into work past two weeks knowing the risk. So I’m relieved to be finally taking a voluntary lay-off to sit this out. However sounds like ur situation is slightly more complicated than mine. So I wish u luck. And sorry for u that we got some shady dipshits out there taking “others” identity

#5492 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Those things cost more than a pinball machine don’t they?!

Yup especially with the topper

#5493 4 years ago

Sorry to hear that Daditude. We had that happen to us during the Anthem fiasco. Luckily we got 2 free years of Life Lock out of it and that seemed to work. Wish you the best man.

#5494 4 years ago

God forbid but what if GM starts manufacturing Pinball? Actually 3 years or 30,000 plays warranty doesn’t sound too bad.

#5495 4 years ago

Since I know all the mods are in this thread I'll run it through here first. If not allowed please lock the thread.
Just trying to focus on the one thing that brings us all together in this forum.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-pinball-score-thread-

#5496 4 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

God forbid but what if GM starts manufacturing Pinball? Actually 3 years or 30,000 plays warranty doesn’t sound too bad.

As long as their clearcote is better than it was a few years ago.

#5497 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As long as their clearcote is better than it was a few years ago.

and the paint as well...

#5498 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Since I know all the mods are in this thread I'll run it through here first. If not allowed please lock the thread.
Just trying to focus on the one thing that brings us all together in this forum.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-pinball-score-thread-

I just don’t think it’s gonna work bro. We’ve all been through this a million times. It’ll just be a dupe thread of this. Nice sentiment though.

#5499 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Lord help you if you or someone you know tries to insert one on the fly.

I mean, did you see the haircut the one dude’s wife gave him in the previous thread? Yikes.

#5500 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just don’t think it’s gonna work bro. We’ve all been through this a million times. It’ll just be a dupe thread of this.

It can't be that hard to just post a picture of your next game's score? But then again you maybe right.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.