272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 576.
#5351 4 years ago

Day 15 locked in with my kids... I think I'm about to snap... or open a bakery.

index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpgindex2 (resized).jpgindex2 (resized).jpgindex3 (resized).jpgindex3 (resized).jpg
#5352 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Day 15 locked in with my kids... I think I'm about to snap... or open a bakery.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That might be a lot of peoples new business venture when this is all over.

#5353 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I was wrong, not sure what the big deal is.

It's totally not just you! You made rational inferences based on the knowledge you had at the time. Everyone else also made rational inferences based on their knowledge at the time, too. But there were entire media ecosystems entirely dismissive of C19.
As an external observer to your country, the rest of the world could see that there were bad actors that were UNIQUELY situated to lead the country along that line of thinking for a long time, with tragic consequences. It's like watching Russian or North Korean state broadcasters and wondering "wow, how can anyone take this seriously"?
But lots of people do. It's super tragic.

Lots of people probably disagree, and that's fine. But maybe some people want that different perspective. I dunno. Probably no one here.
sigh

#5354 4 years ago

Man that second pic of the bread or whatever it is looks good, you accepting orders yet?

#5355 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Man that second pic of the bread or whatever it is looks good, you accepting orders yet?

We are all going to be a little more rotund after this!

#5356 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Absolutely! The only problem is everyone is afraid to come over and play right now and quite frankly i don't want anyone over right now either so its hard to play by yourself lol.

OK hear me out:
Bubble hockey, except that the players can also be controller by motors. Connect two over the internet, play physical bubble hockey against an opponent elsewhere!

Edit: of course there would only be one local puck.... hmmm there has to be a good solution to this. holographic puck on the virtual side?

#5357 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Where are all the big ceo's? Did they all tuck tail and run to their super bunkers?

They're all doing great: https://www.thewrap.com/david-geffen-self-isolates-yacht-coronavirus-instagram/

Mind you, the super rich are on a whole other level. This article is from 2018:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jul/23/tech-industry-wealth-futurism-transhumanism-singularity

Which region will be less affected by the coming climate crisis: New Zealand or Alaska? Is Google really building Ray Kurzweil a home for his brain, and will his consciousness live through the transition, or will it die and be reborn as a whole new one? Finally, the CEO of a brokerage house explained that he had nearly completed building his own underground bunker system and asked: “How do I maintain authority over my security force after the Event?”

The Event. That was their euphemism for the environmental collapse, social unrest, nuclear explosion, unstoppable virus, or Mr Robot hack that takes everything down.

This single question occupied us for the rest of the hour. They knew armed guards would be required to protect their compounds from the angry mobs. But how would they pay the guards once money was worthless? What would stop the guards from choosing their own leader? The billionaires considered using special combination locks on the food supply that only they knew. Or making guards wear disciplinary collars of some kind in return for their survival.

#5358 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

For those asking about whether to go to the doctor:
Teladoc is one Resource you can use for minor things. There are limits to what you can use Teladoc for though and the physician may still tell you that you need to see a doctor or go to the ER. I just got credentialed to work at Teladoc so I’ll be starting that this week.
If you are having serious symptoms like chest pain you should absolutely go to the doctor. The risk of an untreated heart attack or other life threatening issue is WAY more than the risk you would contract coronavirus at the office or ER.

Thanks doc. I don't think teledoc is available in Canada but have a feeling they would tell me to go see a doctor and get some blood work done and a EKG. My wife is in the high risk category so I really don't want to chance a visit. Unfortunately I don't have a doctor and no ones taking new patients so I would definitely have to go the ER route. If it happens again I'll definitely go. Fingers crossed it doesn't.

#5359 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The big CEO’s are doing it also. My company definitely don’t care about their workers. Im grateful to still have a job during all of this but man i really wish that i could stay at home and be safe also

If we all get through this alive let's all agree to get back to unionizing. The class consciousness awoken by millions of workers being forced to risk their lives while billionaires escape is huge. No anecdotal story about "oh unions protected the job of a guy that was kind of lazy" holds water in the face of "my millionaire boss needed me to build more condos or widgets while a pandemic swept our city"

#5360 4 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

It’s morning again in America

It’s mourning in America.

#5361 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

If we all get through this alive let's all agree to get back to unionizing.

I would whole-heartedly agree and support that so long as they don't allow these unions to do as they have in the past and even now, where they become so big, so powerful that they worry more about the mighty buck they can make for themselves, and care less about those they are to protect.

My father worked for GE for 48yrs and I witnessed the union there during the 70's really screw the members that ended with Plants being closed and jobs lost all over the unions greed. Like most large corporations unions if left to their own tend to demand total loyalty from it's members without reciprocating that same loyalty to the workers.

#5362 4 years ago

This was a really really bad time to wait to by a P100 rated respirator....

#5363 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

My father worked for GE for 48yrs and I witnessed the union there during the 70's really screw the members that ended with Plants being closed and jobs lost all over the unions greed. Like most large corporations unions if left to their own tend to demand total loyalty from it's members without reciprocating that same loyalty to the workers.

Agreed, corporations and unions need way more oversight and regulation. Right now only like 10% of American workers are unionized though, so all the power is with the corporations.

#5364 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I would whole-heartedly agree and support that so long as they don't allow these unions to do as they have in the past and even now, where they become so big, so powerful that they worry more about the mighty buck they can make for themselves, and care less about those they are to protect.

Well, that could be said for any organization, including those against unions. No one believes in balance anymore, it's all about extremes, and usually..extreme profits. (sorry, missed that your last sentence addresses this).

#5365 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

If we all get through this alive let's all agree to get back to unionizing. The class consciousness awoken by millions of workers being forced to risk their lives while billionaires escape is huge. No anecdotal story about "oh unions protected the job of a guy that was kind of lazy" holds water in the face of "my millionaire boss needed me to build more condos or widgets while a pandemic swept our city"

That’s a big Fuckin A from me.

Sounds like amazon workers are going on strike here in Staten Island. Worker has tested positive and management doing nothing to help as usual.

Jeff bezos isn’t crammed into a warehouse with 1000 other people so someone can get their shipment of peeps, so why should they?

#5366 4 years ago

yesterday marked the first decline in new worldwide C19 deaths: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-toll/
Let's hope that's not just a statistical blip

#5367 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

yesterday marked the first decline in new C19 deaths: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-toll/
Let's hope that's not just a statistical blip

Maybe it works on a skeleton crew on weekends.

ba-doom bing!

#5369 4 years ago

Oh god

Screenshot_20200330-123622~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200330-123622~2 (resized).png
#5370 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Oh god[quoted image]

Wow I guess they were right!

We have to sacrifice countless human lives for the economy, or the economy will kill and drug addict even more people!

I’m heading to Chili’s, bro!

#5372 4 years ago

Masks help, but For me they seem pointless. I’m not going to buy/steal/whatever hundreds of masks so I can don a one-use mask every time I leave the apartment.

#5373 4 years ago

I've been wearing a mask from the start of this and really didn't see many like-minded until about 2 weeks or so ago. Started with the mask around end of feb. and started wearing gloves 2nd wk of Mar.. I only have the cheap masks (like drywallers wear) but I feel better than nothing.

#5374 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m not going to buy/steal/whatever hundreds of masks so I can don a one-use mask every time I leave the apartment.

Heck Levi I'll admit I only have 6 masks but, I've been spraying them down with Lysol after use and hell they've got a week to dry or longer cause I only go out when I have too. I know they say disinfecting them isn't best but I'm like you I can't buy them so I reuse them using the spray.

#5375 4 years ago

Honestly, at this point in time I think the best and most efficient way to help out with the Coronavirus situation right now, is to find a way to sterilize and re-use those M95 masks hospitals can't get ahold of. If someone figured out that running them through a jewelry cleaner with bleach and then drying them off in a tanning booth meant they could be re-used a few times, I think it would go a long way. Then maybe there would be enough to go around at hospitals... and quickly.

#5376 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Oh god[quoted image]

If your going to off yourself, do it in a way where someone else doesn’t have to clean up a huge splattered mess.

#5377 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Masks help, but For me they seem pointless. I’m not going to buy/steal/whatever hundreds of masks so I can don a one-use mask every time I leave the apartment.

You can sterilization and reuse n95 masks by cooking them.

#5378 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I typically add a bit of soy sauce to get rid of the paper taste before I eat them.

#5379 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ve changed my mind about uninfected people wearing masks. I was wrong.

to repeat what was said earlier:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/85#post-5557414

#5380 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I typically add a bit of soy sauce to get rid of the paper taste before I eat them.

Soy Sauce! Ahhhh the atrocity's just plain old salt and pepper sir!

#5381 4 years ago

It's always been about the lack of masks and who benefits the most from wearing them. If there were enough for everyone, then yes, everyone should wear them.

#5382 4 years ago

Yay, I was wondering how long it would take misguided Soldiers of Fortune to try taking things into their own hands:

"Armed vigilantes blocked a neighbor's driveway with a tree to force him into quarantine"

(and the forced-quarantine was unjustified, the people were not infected, they just had a NJ license plate)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/us/maine-coronavirus-forced-quarantine-trnd/index.html

This is why we need codified, unified instructions and stay-at-home guidance at the national level instead of the piecemeal horsecrap, because people are going to start freaking out like this more and more if they fear they need to take matters into their own hands.

#5383 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Normally I agree with this, but right now I'm not feeling the union love.

My employer, instead of offering layoffs which many of us would take, is forcing our members to work in Chicago. So if forced, we have to leave a county with under 10 known cases, to a hot zone, and all our union says is "they can do that". Now they need to go out and find housing and travel around during a pandemic.

But thankfully on our company website, our CEO says that the company cares about our health and is working very hard to keep us from being exposed to the virus. The dude is fucking clueless.

#5384 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

How are unions going to help? Their main goal is to rob workers of their hard-earned wages in the form of 'dues' for not much in return. For each nutjob CEO out there who doesn't give a rip about anything but the bottom line, there are so many more that value their employees and understand that without them they'd be nowhere.

#5385 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Yay, I was wondering how long it would take misguided Soldiers of Fortune to try taking things into their own hands:
"Armed vigilantes blocked a neighbor's driveway with a tree to force him into quarantine"
(and the forced-quarantine was unjustified, the people were not infected, they just had a NJ license plate)
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/us/maine-coronavirus-forced-quarantine-trnd/index.html
This is why we need codified, unified instructions and stay-at-home guidance at the national level instead of the piecemeal horsecrap, because people are going to start freaking out like this more and more if they fear they need to take matters into their own hands.

This does not surprise me at all.
I suspect it won’t be too long before we start hearing stories of civialians in communities set up roadblocks or checkpoints.

#5386 4 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

How are unions going to help? Their main goal is to rob workers of their hard-earned wages in the form of 'dues' for not much in return. For each nutjob CEO out there who doesn't give a rip about anything but the bottom line, there are so many more that value their employees and understand that without them they'd be nowhere.

They are a necessity, otherwise you just continue to get rollbacks of workers rights. I will agree that unions the last couple decades make you mostly scratch your head as to what they are really about, but you have to look back further than that.

#5387 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Oh god[quoted image]

For explanation it was kinda his mission and pretty good at it to get citys and areas outta debt/ out of the red.

This kinda destroyed his lives work I suppose?

#5388 4 years ago

Can you believe this ??

Red Bull executive wanted to deliberately contaminate F1 drivers

An official of the Austrian Formula 1 team Red Bull Racing admitted to having proposed a strategy of voluntary contamination of the drivers with the new coronavirus, so that they can be immunized from it for the start of the season.

Helmut Marko, one of the leaders of the stable where he is in charge of the young pilots sector, said on Sunday on Austrian television ORF that he had offered to "organize a camp for them to be infected". "They are in excellent health and like that, they would have been ready to start the season," he added, before adding that his idea had "not been well received".

#5389 4 years ago

Heads up--we received a message today from a member who went to buy two NIB pins in Albany, NY and the buyer said he was robbed at gunpoint by the seller. That's all the info we have at the moment.

Obviously, this was a shock to hear. As things get worse, people may be getting more desperate and/or bold. Be careful out there.

#5390 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Yes, at 70C/158F for 30 minutes

#5391 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Normally I agree with this, but right now I'm not feeling the union love.
My employer, instead of offering layoffs which many of us would take, is forcing our members to work in Chicago. So if forced, we have to leave a county with under 10 known cases, to a hot zone, and all our union says is "they can do that". Now they need to go out and find housing and travel around during a pandemic.
But thankfully on our company website, our CEO says that the company cares about our health and is working very hard to keep us from being exposed to the virus. The dude is fucking clueless.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-cb-worker-protections-coronavirus-20200327-gm4b6vf3cbearh5yqn5jhc646y-story.html

https://www2.illinois.gov/idol/Laws-Rules/safety/Pages/default.aspx

https://www.osha.gov/contactus/bystate/IL/areaoffice

https://www2.illinois.gov/services/IDOL/report-labor-law-complaint

#5392 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Heads up--we received a message today from a member who went to buy two NIB pins in Albany, NY and the buyer said he was robbed at gunpoint by the seller. That's all the info we have at the moment.
Obviously, this was a shock to hear. As things get worse, people may be getting more desperate and/or bold. Be careful out there.

Sound words of advice, but this should be keyposted in general discussion, I think.

I really don't see this as being exclusive to COVID19 paranoia or desperation.

For years, bros been saying "I only sell my pins for cash on glass! I keep $3-4-5-6-7K+ in my mattress just to be ready to pounce on the deals!" And people in this hobby have thrown common sense out the window, thinking traveling and showing up to strange places to meet strange people with huge wads of cash is a great idea.

It's not always, as your post shows.

Be careful out there.

#5393 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Oh yeah garlic too!

#5394 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I caught a bass before that had a baby copperhead in it's stomach. I've also caught a bass that had eaten a bird. I'm not sure how those 2 things came to be, but I will tell you that a bass will eat ANYTHING.

Except for the lures that I throw out

#5395 4 years ago

Gun sales have gone up

900 x somethin (resized).jpg900 x somethin (resized).jpg
#5397 4 years ago

Not saying I’m getting a little paranoid but I just caught myself hand washing yesterday’s bar of soap with a NIB bar. Guess that’s perfectly normal behavior.

Probably gonna start digging my rabbit hole tomorrow

#5398 4 years ago

Just like in the military, it is the soldiers that are on front lines risking their lives. All for a living wage. That could wind up killing you.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/economy/shipping-company-workers-coronavirus/index.html

I salute these people who have little choice in what they are having to do and for putting their lives at risk.

Meanwhile, the privileged get to play.

"David Geffen flaunts riches while under quarantine on luxe yacht."

https://pagesix.com/2020/03/28/david-geffen-flaunts-riches-while-under-quarantine-on-luxe-yacht/

#5399 4 years ago

New thread rules from the moderation team:

Due to the high number of moderation warnings happening in this thread, we are initiating a new moderation warning policy for this thread starting from this point forward.

If you receive a total of 3 moderation warnings, you will be ejected from this thread for no less than 1 week. If you currently have more than a total of 5 warnings, any additional warnings from this point forward will result in a permanent thread ejection. We will reserve the right to adjust things according to the situation, but don't expect special treatment.

If you try to post in other threads or start a new thread about the cornoravius situation after being ejected from this thread, your posting privileges will be further restricted.

We understand that these are uncertain times, and experiencing this is a little scary. We understand stress and anxiety are high. We understand some of you might be restless or stir crazy. But please, try to follow the forum rules and the rules set forth in the first post of this thread.

We don't enjoy excluding people from a discussion, especially concerning something of this magnitude. However, we will if it helps keep the thread on-track and trouble free.

Stay safe and stay well, everyone. Please make good decisions, not only in this thread, but out there in the real world as well. Try to be understanding and lenient with your friends, family, and neighbors. They are probably feeling similar to the way that you are.

#5400 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

From what I understand, the hospital ships are taking in non-COVID patients so the hospitals have more room to deal with COVID patients.

Just wait until the virus gets on board those ships from a transported non-COVID patient or infected healthcare worker.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/108?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.