272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 576.
#5301 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

And 100% of his supply asks! Sorry Michigan, Colorado, New York etc

Yeah, but those governors were meanies, so...

#5302 4 years ago

Yep. Plenty of blame around but no one wants to take responsibility for their own blunders.

I feel like the governor of my state continues to drag his feet in taking the decisive lockdown measure. If cases explode this week, I am going to blame him and hold him accountable.

#5303 4 years ago

Damn woke up to some bad news this morning. I live in Norwood Ohio a small city (3 sq.miles) within the city of Cincinnati actually. We had our 1st confirmed case last night and sadly it was a little boy with down syndrome, just broke my heart for him and his family. I just can't imagine what his parents must be feeling at this point. Some of these cases seriously at times have me questioning my beliefs, these kids have not lived life long as is and then this on top of all the problems everyday life has handed them. I just can't process it sometimes and I know it's going to get worse and that many are going to suffer all over the world, it just leaves you feeling helpless and useless at times. Be safe guys for you and yours and ours.

#5304 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Serious question for you guys. Would you go see a doctor or risk a hospital visit right now? I'm pretty sure I need to see a doctor but not even sure there's physicians servicing my area and would have to go to a ER at a local hospital most likely.

What for? Unless it's pretty serious, I wouldn't go near an ER right now.

#5305 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Serious question for you guys. Would you go see a doctor or risk a hospital visit right now? I'm pretty sure I need to see a doctor but not even sure there's physicians servicing my area and would have to go to a ER at a local hospital most likely.

Dude I know a lot of pinsiders are advocating for you to not go to the doctors but If it's a heart problem you may be doing unrepairable damage in not dealing with it now, or worse you my pass as a result. As many have said seek out alternatives first but man if you can't find another way, go get yourself looked at before it gets worse.

The way I see it is you're going to need that heart should you become sick to be as strong as it can be to see you through.

#5306 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m going to get dunked on for saying this, but I believe those numbers. China has 1.4B people, and they almost immediately used military force to contain most of the outbreak to Wuhan. They also have a population that experienced and learned from SARS, just like South Korea and Singapore.

There’s no way these numbers are real. In early January, my FedEx terminal told me tons of Chinese medical students and other students were sending back every mask they could buy because there was some disease killing people. That doesn’t happen over what was then probably fewer than 1000 reported deaths, especially given the clampdown in info there. No way.

#5307 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Was this good Either? Thousands gather at Tampa Church....Belief that they will not be infected?
https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus-church-service-defy-government-guidance

Idiots. Haven't these type of gatherings already been prohibited there? My church suspended all meetings indefinitely 3 weeks ago.

#5308 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Dude I know a lot of pinsiders are advocating for you to not go to the doctors but If it's a heart problem you may be doing unrepairable damage in not dealing with it now, or worse you my pass as a result. As many have said seek out alternatives first but man if you can't find another way, go get yourself looked at before it gets worse.
The way I see it is you're going to need that heart should you become sick to be as strong as it can be to see you through.

Indeed, I have inconsistent answers from Blue Cross, as to where to go at this time, if my heart starts acting up....

#5309 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Idiots. Haven't these type of gatherings already been prohibited there? My church suspended all meetings indefinitely 3 weeks ago.

No, Florida is on County by County. I live in Orange County, which is shut down, Seminole County is not.
This is in Part that Orange is the city and tourism, so they have power. Seminole, tows the party line.

I drove yesterday, as I am on the line, from closed Orange county, 2 miles, to see many businesses open in Seminole. WaWa Gas/Food was packed with people, no distancing...Strange.

#5310 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Love the logic: admit your wrong and all responsibilities for your actions disappear.

I really don’t quite understand WTF you are talking about or so upset about. What responsibilities could i possibly have for thinking this would not turn into the shit show that it has? Im pretty sure that about 90% of the population didn’t think that this would happen. You are acting like I’m the surgeon general or something and i told everyone in America that nothing was going to happen. Give it a rest dude. You already have heart issues so please dont have a heart attack because some dipshit named Who Dey on the internet didn’t think there was going to be a pandemic. I mean seriously, that’s just stupid.

#5311 4 years ago

Moderation notice:
Please no more comments on Who-Dey admitting he was wrong... We got it and he got it ! Thanks.

#5312 4 years ago

Has anyone been watching this model that projects state by state impact? It’s a partnership with a population health company and University of Washington. It’s also supposedly the model the federal government is using for their internal projections.

Data was updated today. Couple of takeaways:
- We’re on track for ~80,000 deaths in total nationwide. This is under what the federal government claims. They project 100,000 to 200,000. Seems that they are trying to set the bar low to claim victory off what is the current trend.
- In the last week, PA has cut their projected deaths in half. Last week they were projecting 3,000. Now it’s down to 1,500. Looks like the measures our governor put in place are having an impact.
- Bad news: Despite some states flattening their curve, the national projection for deaths has gone up slightly. Seems like Texas, Florida and a few of the slower moving states are increasing and keeping the national mortality rate flat.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/

#5313 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If we get to 1000 deaths a day in the US, I hope people won’t still be talking about the “real” mortality rate.

This will absolutely happen. Probably by this weekend.

#5314 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Moderation notice:
Please no more comments on Who-Dey admitting he was wrong... We got it and he got it ! Thanks.

Thank you! I mean its not like i was going off on people and making fun of them and telling them that they were stupid and stuff, i just didn’t think it was going to happen. I was wrong, not sure what the big deal is.

#5315 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Moderation notice:

Right! Move on to the drunken stock broker now. Bada boom

#5316 4 years ago

For those asking about whether to go to the doctor:

Teladoc is one Resource you can use for minor things. There are limits to what you can use Teladoc for though and the physician may still tell you that you need to see a doctor or go to the ER. I just got credentialed to work at Teladoc so I’ll be starting that this week.

If you are having serious symptoms like chest pain you should absolutely go to the doctor. The risk of an untreated heart attack or other life threatening issue is WAY more than the risk you would contract coronavirus at the office or ER.

#5317 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I really don’t quite understand WTF you are talking about or so upset about. What responsibilities could i possibly have for thinking this would not turn into the shit show that it has? Im pretty sure that about 90% of the population didn’t think that this would happen. You are acting like I’m the surgeon general or something and i told everyone in America that nothing was going to happen. Give it a rest dude. You already have heart issues so please dont have a heart attack because some dipshit named Who Dey on the internet didn’t think there was going to be a pandemic. I mean seriously, that’s just stupid.

Ugh... reading comprehension.. again! Where did I say I have a heart problem? Never had a single issue in my life.

For you and your crew of deniers: Far, far, far less than 90% of the population thought this was "fake news." It's only the Fox crew that thought that. Most of the first world was amazed at the response. You supported this response.

You said you were wrong, and that's great. I commend you for it. But you also said you didn't care that you were wrong, a point you notedly left out in your reply. I simply responded by stating that you should care, and, sorry, I'm right. You should care. You should reconsider trusting Fox. That's it. But your blinders are on yet again. So run blind. Run free. I won't run with you though because, as we all know, my heart is such a concern.

#5318 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

If you are having serious symptoms like chest pain you should absolutely go to the doctor. The risk of an untreated heart attack or other life threatening issue is WAY more than the risk you would contract coronavirus at the office or ER.

Thanks Doc, I hope they'll take your advice. When he said it was his heart, warning bells went off in my head, the possibility of it being serious is just to great in this instance.

#5319 4 years ago

Who-Dey at least we still have bubble hockey amirite?

#5320 4 years ago

Look at this crowd!

I’m across the street out of the fray.

16681314-C65D-4742-94A1-884B23C0A5A7 (resized).jpeg16681314-C65D-4742-94A1-884B23C0A5A7 (resized).jpeg99ADFFD8-8877-47AD-A857-72FC37F7723C (resized).jpeg99ADFFD8-8877-47AD-A857-72FC37F7723C (resized).jpeg1C789C40-0A3E-48C7-B856-49D31B99034D (resized).jpeg1C789C40-0A3E-48C7-B856-49D31B99034D (resized).jpeg5069BDB0-9BFB-4533-8EC1-3AB98AEA70A9 (resized).jpeg5069BDB0-9BFB-4533-8EC1-3AB98AEA70A9 (resized).jpeg909C6CDB-5EAB-4D8C-BC7D-A5E996842966 (resized).jpeg909C6CDB-5EAB-4D8C-BC7D-A5E996842966 (resized).jpeg
#5321 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look at this crowd!
I’m across the street out of the fray.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's kinda nuts considering how bad it over there. Is that a barge full of medical supplies?

#5322 4 years ago

Are they just ogling the Hospital ship?

#5323 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

That's kinda nuts considering how bad it over there. Is that a barge full of medical supplies?

Navy’s hospital ship

#5324 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I mean its not like i was going off on people and making fun of them and telling them that they were stupid and stuff, i just didn’t think it was going to happen.

No making fun or calling stupid at all. Glad you evolved, that’s progress.

Edit: you tell it like it is...that’s how it was

#5325 4 years ago

I wouldn’t say ogling, I mean it’s just getting tugged in now so there’s a little excitement. We are very bored here.

There’s a color guard here etc. I headed out and will miss the pageantry

#5326 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Ugh... reading comprehension.. again! Where did I say I have a heart problem? Never had a single issue in my life.
For you and your crew of deniers: Far, far, far less than 90% of the population thought this was "fake news." It's only the Fox crew that thought that. Most of the first world was amazed at the response. You supported this response.
You said you were wrong, and that's great. I commend you for it. But you also said you didn't care that you were wrong, a point you notedly left out in your reply. I simply responded by stating that you should care, and, sorry, I'm right. You should care. You should reconsider trusting Fox. That's it. But your blinders are on yet again. So run blind. Run free. I won't run with you though because, as we all know, my heart is such a concern.

You have mentioned that you are in pretty bad health many times and i thought you said that it was your heart. I could have swore that you said that you have had heart surgeries? My thoughts on this virus were not from watching fox news, they were MY own thoughts. I don't sit around and watch the news all day But when i do Fox news is my choice. Shoot me i guess for not liking Don Lemon on CNN or Rachel Maddow on MSNBC.

#5328 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

That’s the Comfort, converted oil tanker that’s a floating hospital.

It will be used for non corona patients to free up hospital space on land for covid sufferers.

#5329 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

No making fun or calling stupid at all. Glad you evolved, that’s progress:
“I cant believe so many people are shitting their pants over something that hasn't really even hardly hit the U.S. yet, good God people WTF is wrong with you guys?
The flu is killing far more people than this coronavirus has. Do you guys also lay in bed at night trembling about someone breaking in your house and killing you? Do you worry about nuclear wars, asteroids, meteors and stuff too?
I just don't get all the panic over something that may not even happen. Unbelievable!
What 60 cases so far out of what, 330 million Americans? Lol OMG let's all quarantine ourselves immediately!
This is not even close to being a pandemic!
So what are you gonna do, sit around with your whole family wearing respirators 24/7?
I cannot believe the panic for real. My gf sister went grocery shopping yesterday and she said there were three people wearing mask lol. I mean what a bunch of dumbasses for real!
You are definitely shitting your pants over this.
I think this is being way overblown personally.“

Please read post #5311. Mods, can we get a thread eject please? I've heard enough of this.

#5330 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Someone here posted a video they took of a priest serving communion, by hand, to dozens of cars in a parking lot yesterday in South St Paul, Minnesota. Made my blood boil

this American translation of Mad Max is amazing
drive-in church (resized).jpgdrive-in church (resized).jpg

#5331 4 years ago

True colors shining through. Don't be afraid.

#5332 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

who-dey at least we still have bubble hockey amirite?

Absolutely! The only problem is everyone is afraid to come over and play right now and quite frankly i don't want anyone over right now either so its hard to play by yourself lol. I have been playing more pinball than usual though so thats a good thing. Cant wait until all this is over though. Im sure my friends will be more than ready for some beers and bubble hockey by then.

#5333 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You have mentioned that you are in pretty bad health many times and i thought you said that it was your heart. I could have swore that you said that you have had heart surgeries? My thoughts on this virus were not from watching fox news, they were MY own thoughts. I don't sit around and watch the news all day But when i do Fox news is my choice. Shoot me i guess for not liking Don Lemon on CNN or Rachel Maddow on MSNBC.

You mention MSNBC, not me. I mentioned that I am in testing with my doc a few posts back, and that's yearly bloodwork for my yearly physical. I have never had a surgery in my life, and I'm in good physical health.

The only thing I'm debating you about is caring about being wrong. You don't care, and I think you should. That's it. Let's agree to disagree and move on.

#5334 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It will be used for non corona patients to free up hospital space on land for covid sufferers.

Those ships are awesome. And the brave men and women entering into a hotspot are real life heros.
I believe Los Angeles is getting one also.

#5335 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's so cool. And I bet it brings positive thoughts to the city. Glad to see it.

#5336 4 years ago

a March 22nd Zoom call a NY ICU pulmonary doctor made to his family. I found it insightful and quite interesting :

https://boingboing.net/2020/03/29/doctor-on-the-front-lines-in-n.html

#5337 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Damn woke up to some bad news this morning. I live in Norwood Ohio a small city (3 sq.miles) within the city of Cincinnati actually. We had our 1st confirmed case last night and sadly it was a little boy with down syndrome, just broke my heart for him and his family. I just can't imagine what his parents must be feeling at this point. Some of these cases seriously at times have me questioning my beliefs, these kids have not lived life long as is and then this on top of all the problems everyday life has handed them. I just can't process it sometimes and I know it's going to get worse and that many are going to suffer all over the world, it just leaves you feeling helpless and useless at times. Be safe guys for you and yours and ours.

So sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, I know someone who is in a cinci hospital, ventilated. It sounds like they will make it. Crazy when it hits close to home...

#5338 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The only thing I'm debating you about is caring about being wrong. You don't care, and I think you should.

Im sorry but its hard for me to care about that and im certainly not going to beat myself up over it. Im not perfect and i never will be.

#5339 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I headed out and will miss the pageantry

Flag day off the coast of San Diego California and all it's pageantry is something every American should see once in their lives. Sorry ogling was just bad choice of words, just meant gathering to look at the ship. Must seem very strange to you to be in the city that never sleeps with nothing to do, hell they write songs about all if offers.

#5340 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Those ships are awesome. And the brave men and women entering into a hotspot are real life heros.
I believe Los Angeles is getting one also.

The one in LA arrived a couple days ago, I believe Vic posted some pics.

#5341 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Company is supposedly ImageNet Consulting. 100 million dollar company with 40% profit margin last year.

The stories out there are revolting. And not even just Jeff Bezos doing jack all and endangering the employees that made him billions.
So many smaller company CEOs are all "screw you workers, you better keep making me money, health concerns be damned". And then you also factor in how in America so many people's health care access is tied to their job! What are they supposed to do?
One of my friends in USA works for a high-end jewelry company and they demanded everyone keep coming in, providing a single container of disinfectant wipes for the workers.
So many well-off CEOs out there trying to do the math on how little they can value the lives of their employees.

#5342 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Flag day off the coast of San Diego California and all it's pageantry is something every American should see once in their lives. Sorry ogling was just bad choice of words, just meant gathering to look at the ship. Must seem very strange to you to be in the city that never sleeps with nothing to do, hell they write songs about all if offers.

Yeah the cops are driving around with flags sticking out the windows. Thought it was to welcome the ship didn’t realize it was flag day.

The crowd wasn’t huge but I did t like seeing people so close together.

#5343 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wouldn’t say ogling, I mean it’s just getting tugged in now so there’s a little excitement. We are very bored here.
There’s a color guard here etc. I headed out and will miss the pageantry

#5344 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Was this good Either? Thousands gather at Tampa Church....Belief that they will not be infected?
https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus-church-service-defy-government-guidance

when you don't know how virus contagion works:
"Last week, Howard-Browne said they "brought in 13 machines that basically kill every virus in the place" on YouTube as the sheriff's office and attorneys for the church are in contact about how to best keep the public safe."

#5345 4 years ago

From what I understand, the hospital ships are taking in non-COVID patients so the hospitals have more room to deal with COVID patients.

#5346 4 years ago

Where are all the big ceo's? Did they all tuck tail and run to their super bunkers?

#5347 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

So many smaller company CEOs are all "screw you workers, you better keep making me money, health concerns be damned".

The big CEO’s are doing it also. My company definitely don’t care about their workers. Im grateful to still have a job during all of this but man i really wish that i could stay at home and be safe also.

#5348 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The big CEO’s are doing it also. My company definitely don’t care about their workers. Im grateful to still have a job during all of this but man i really wish that i could stay at home and be safe also.

The CEO's are all sending the the sheep to the wolves while working from the comfort and safety of their homes.

#5349 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

From what I understand, the hospital ships are taking in non-COVID patients so the hospitals have more room to deal with COVID patients.

This is my understanding as well.

#5350 4 years ago

I must admit, my company, as large as it is, has handled this pretty well in that they have directed as many people as possible are working from home. There are certain aspects such as tellers and security that are still on the front lines, but they've minimalized exposure considerably compared to what healthcare and grocery have to deal with.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/107?hl=pinjim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.