272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 576.
#5151 4 years ago

The next curve that needs flattened.

91294841_2977408782336771_1248766757833801728_n (resized).jpg91294841_2977408782336771_1248766757833801728_n (resized).jpg
#5152 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Coronavirus is working on it....

#5153 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

That's easy. Print a shit ton of money and pay off those we owe.

Or do what Mexico did with the Peso.

#5154 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

The next curve that needs flattened.[quoted image]

Debt? I thought everybody suddenly stopped caring about that in 2017.

#5155 4 years ago

I have friends with million dollar chicken operations, huge in this area. This is the kind of thing nobody forecasts.

#5156 4 years ago

I don't know about squirrels and crows, but I just had a huge raccoon walk right up my driveway to me standing in the garage.

I mumbled something and pointed over to where the food is, and he went that way.

#5157 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't know about squirrels and crows, but I just had a huge raccoon walk right up my driveway to me standing in the garage.
I mumbled something and pointed over to where the food is, and he went that way.

Raccoons are mean as hell, keep your distance.
I never knew deer were so mean either. Recently witnessed 2 kick the fire out of a red fox eating scraps and move in.

#5158 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Taken 1 minute ago[quoted image]

I am surprised at the number of flights too. I help track the planes that ping their location via ADS-B (i.e. This is my flight number, this location, this speed, this altitude.) for FlightAware.

One thing that your map doesn't tell you is the FedEx, UPS, etc flights that aren't carrying passengers.

Here's a SnipIt above my house right now:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Another interesting Snipit is the decrease in flights in the past week:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5159 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Show us your lockdown puzzles?[quoted image][quoted image]

69D5E488-B510-4453-8566-6E7C80B4207C (resized).jpeg69D5E488-B510-4453-8566-6E7C80B4207C (resized).jpeg
#5160 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Raccoons are mean as hell, keep your distance.

That's why I started mumbling as he was coming right at me. Whatever I said or gesture I made, made him stop and turn in the direction I pointed .

He knows where the food is and they usually just come down the back wall, never up the driveway. He was a big one!

#5161 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

One thing that map doesn't tell you is the FedEx, UPS, etc flights that aren't carrying passengers

Air Traffic-flight tracker is on android and it shows everything in real time. Speed, altitude, carrier, and if you click on the 3d you are following google earth showing the landscape of the area. It is really cool and free. Highly recommend it if these things interest you.

#5162 4 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Air Traffic-flight tracker is on android and it shows everything in real time. Speed, altitude, carrier, and if you click on the 3d you are following google earth showing the landscape of the area. It is really cool and free. Highly recommend it if these things interest you.

FlightAware actually sent me a free receiver and antenna to help track the flights since I was in an area they wanted coverage. Lots of people also make their own using a Raspberry Pi and a cheapie USB receiver.

I am surprised they haven't curtailed the number of passenger flights.

#5164 4 years ago

A look inside Elmhurst Hospital in Queens, NY (posted on 3/26)

#5165 4 years ago

Notice that thousands of Indian laborers are making a run for the Border to avoid a shutdown. Of all the
tragedies possible in this World India has the potential to be the worst as far as human toll.

#5166 4 years ago

...keep the projected death toll below 100 000.

So does that mean their assuming that’s we will get to 100 000 easily without lockdown?

8C2212D7-8AF1-412B-9B7C-6B149C632AEB (resized).png8C2212D7-8AF1-412B-9B7C-6B149C632AEB (resized).png

The more I look at these numbers, the more I think China lied about their totals. China only had 2 deaths /1M pop. That number is WAY better than any other country. The death rate is going to be very scary on this. I think the storm coming is going to be worse then the media is letting on. There’s more to this then what the general population knows. Be scared. Stay home.

CCC0F201-53C2-4E84-962B-2BEA26AECA80 (resized).pngCCC0F201-53C2-4E84-962B-2BEA26AECA80 (resized).png

#5167 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Notice that thousands of Indian laborers are making a run for the Border to avoid a shutdown. Of all the
tragedies possible in this World India has the potential to be the worst as far as human toll.

India just straight up shut down. They left those foreign laborers hanging. They are walking home, hundreds of miles. That country is an f'n mess.

#5169 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The more I look at these numbers, the more I think China lied about their totals. China only had 2 deaths /1M pop. That number is WAY better than any other country

While I definitely do not trust China's numbers to be super accurate, epidemiologists have said you can't just do per capita analysis on the numbers as breakouts are physically localized, so China's numbers are probably better understood in the context of Wuhan.

#5170 4 years ago

...keep the projected death toll below 100 000.
So does that mean their assuming that’s we will get to 100 000 easily without lockdown?

They are either assuming more people will be kept alive by getting hospital care if the facilities can handle them without being overloaded at once.

Or that this virus will eventually run it's course and vanish. Or both.

One thing they are working on is getting the antibodies out of people that already had it and injecting them in people sick from it. Something similar seemed to work during the 1918 pandemic.

#5171 4 years ago

So does that mean their assuming that’s we will get to 100 000 easily without lockdown

15, soon zero.

#5172 4 years ago

The more I look at these numbers, the more I think China lied about their totals. China only had 2 deaths /1M pop. That number is WAY better than any other country.
[quoted image]

I’m going to get dunked on for saying this, but I believe those numbers. China has 1.4B people, and they almost immediately used military force to contain most of the outbreak to Wuhan. They also have a population that experienced and learned from SARS, just like South Korea and Singapore.

#5173 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Does anyone have any good news ?

Yes...I am spending quality time with my dogs...wife seems to be upset.

#5174 4 years ago

I find this kind of interesting considering it's been only about 3 weeks....oh and courts are closed and everyone is supposed to be staying home.

#5175 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Yes...I am spending quality time with my dogs...wife seems to be upset.

Maybe it’s because she can’t find the peanut butter.....

#5176 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m going to get dunked on for saying this, but I believe those numbers. China has 1.4B people, and they almost immediately used military force to contain most of the outbreak to Wuhan. They also have a population that experienced and learned from SARS, just like South Korea and Singapore.

South Korea 3 per million. I believe South Korea more than I believe our own numbers. I do believe China's numbers are BS though.

#5177 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

"Pre-clinical studies in animals as well as the first data from clinical studies show that hydroxychloroquine kills the coronavirus,”
https://www.dailywire.com/news/novartis-ceo-trump-touted-drug-best-hope-to-fight-coronavirus-announces-massive-donation?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

While everyone else continues to root against their favorite love-to-hate politician of choice, I continue to root for science! This is promising news!!!!

#5178 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Take this advise with a grain of salt and maybe the doctor can chime in also. Drink hot liquids like tea or broth and avoid dairy or other foods that cause mucus for sore throat, cough, heavy chest symptoms.

When I start to get a sore throat, I usually start drinking hot tea with honey and lemon and a bit of cayenne, and mainlining straight honey periodically. Seems to help keep the severity and duration down, but could be placebo.

#5179 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I find this kind of interesting considering it's been only about 3 weeks....

It only took a couple of days living with the mother of my child to know the end was inevitable. Took seven years, but she finally figured out how to put a roof over her own head. Of course it was ail her idea.

#5180 4 years ago

Starting tomorrow, my wife is down to “up to” one gown and one mask a day. So, no more lunch. Or coffee. She is gonna be very grumpy.

Not just her site though. Regional article for all you twin cities folks.

https://www.kare11.com/mobile/article/news/investigations/kare-11-investigates-workers-fear-infection-as-hospitals-ration-safety-equipment/89-becbf723-098f-4a39-9b70-31e71541b10e

When the surge hits, we will see what the PPE situation is. I have already told her that my opinion is that if they run out, or she feels it isn’t safe, then she walks. Dead serious about that.

#5181 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

There is NO way China’s numbers are even close to being accurate. They have WAY more people than us, in many areas living WAY closer together than us, it started there so it’s been present in their country WAY longer than us, and we already have more known cases then them??? Not a chance...it defies all logic, common sense, and math.

#5182 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Not a chance...it defies all logic

When they locked down, they didn't mess around. They welded doors shut keeping people inside. Nobody was going to the beach there.

#5183 4 years ago

North Korea seems to have the best handle on the situation.

What are they at, like zero cases?

#5184 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

There is NO way China’s numbers are even close to being accurate. They have WAY more people than us, in many areas living WAY closer together than us, it started there so it’s been present in their country WAY longer than us, and we already have more known cases then them??? Not a chance...it defies all logic, common sense, and math.

I'd agree with that on an intuitive level. Here's another take...

https://www.rfa.org/english/news/china/wuhan-deaths-03272020182846.html

If true, that's really sad. Suffer in silence, shut up, get the grieving over and done with, don't tell anyone, here's $425, go back to work.

Democracy may be messy, but damn, better protect it while the option is still there.

#5185 4 years ago

Thinking of China, would they have shut everything down if it wasn't for more people getting deathly ill or dying from it?

#5186 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

South Korea 3 per million. I believe South Korea more than I believe our own numbers. I do believe China's numbers are BS though.

No way a densely populated city of 12 million like Wuhan where it started only had 3300 deaths. News reports the past few days are suggesting upwards of 50,000 urns being requested now that people can go out and try to memorialize those that have passed the last several months.

I think China downplayed how bad this really was and how many actually died as well. That is likely why they wouldn’t allow any international medical personnel to go to Wuhan during the outbreak.

#5187 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200329-222258~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200329-222258~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200329-222329~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200329-222329~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200329-235727~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200329-235727~2 (resized).png
#5188 4 years ago

China didn't lock down until February. The first reported case was in November. There's no way the number of deaths is so low.

#5189 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I think China downplayed how bad this really was and how many actually died as well.

They lie about everything else so why should this be any different? They knew if they lied to us and said it wasnt that bad that we wouldnt prepare well enough for it and it would kill many more people. Now they are sitting back laughing at us.

#5190 4 years ago
Quoted from vex:

When they locked down, they didn't mess around. They welded doors shut keeping people inside. Nobody was going to the beach there.

Being this virus originated in China, they would have not seen this coming and had less time than the rest of the world to prepare but even more importantly less time to react. As contagious as this virus is, it would have spread like wildfire before they even knew what hit them. By the time they got their welders out the numbers would have already been higher than what they claim through this whole thing. It simply isn’t possible that their numbers are accurate.

#5191 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Being this virus originated in China, they would have not seen this coming and had less time than the rest of the world to prepare but even more importantly less time to react. As contagious as this virus is, it would have spread like wildfire before they even knew what hit them. By the time they got their welders out the numbers would have already been higher than what they claim through this whole thing. It simply isn’t possible that their numbers are accurate.

It also isn’t possible that in a country of 1.4 billion with many huge, densely populated cities that they’ve defeated the virus and a China is back to work. Assuming there is some truth that they at least have it under control, as soon as they truly go back to work, open theatres, malls, etc, it will explode like wildfire again.

I think the narrative that they’ve beat the virus is CCP propaganda.

#5192 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

There is so much more to this story than what we know and what we are being told. Soooooo much more.

#5193 4 years ago

I don't understand why you guys even care about China's numbers. Right, wrong, who cares? Does it matter? What matters is how our own country handles it, wherever we may be living. It was clearly a very serious thing when it was happening in China, a bunch of countries (including the US) were very slow to react, while other countries like South Korea and Vietnam were on the ball from the start. We 'could' have shut down all flights and tracked down all people who had traveled to those areas and tested them aggressively but we didn't. This is the result of inaction.

To understand how locking things down can make such a difference, just look at our own country. Washington initially had way more cases than anyone else, was aggressive shutting things down, and has done a good job containing it. Washington is now 8th in cases. Based upon the logic you guys are spouting above, there's no way that should have been possible, but it was through being very proactive when they spotted the problem.

Other countries have their own issues, but in the US it's being caused by:

states all taking different approaches
no central approach from the states as a group
free travel to anywhere across the US still
lack of testing
and frankly huge grocery stores, nobody should be allowed in a big store anymore. Delivery to your house or to a car in the lot only. Protect people and employees when getting necessities.

#5194 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They lie about everything else so why should this be any different? They knew if they lied to us and said it wasnt that bad that we wouldnt prepare well enough for it and it would kill many more people. Now they are sitting back laughing at us.

Sorry, but let's get real here. You've been playing follow the leader from the beginning. We had plenty of experts telling this was a problem. Don't think we don't remember you and many other people's posts from just a few short weeks ago. Those that actually paid attention and didn't buy into the 'media hoax' crap saw what was coming.

Now, we will be letting it play out, because today it's April 30th, but in the next few weeks after we realize that the money they just threw at it doesn't actually fix it and we can't let the cure be worse than the problem again there'll be another flip flop.

Hunker down, and remember that 'get off my lawn' has never been more appropriate for the situation.

#5195 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I don't understand why you guys even care about China's numbers. Right, wrong, who cares? Does it matter? What matters is how our own country handles it, wherever we may be living. It was clearly a very serious thing when it was happening in China, a bunch of countries (including the US) were very slow to react, while other countries like South Korea and Vietnam were on the ball from the start. We 'could' have shut down all flights and tracked down all people who had traveled to those areas and tested them aggressively but we didn't. This is the result of inaction.
To understand how locking things down can make such a difference, just look at our own country. Washington initially had way more cases than anyone else, was aggressive shutting things down, and has done a good job containing it. Washington is now 8th in cases. Based upon the logic you guys are spouting above, there's no way that should have been possible, but it was through being very proactive when they spotted the problem.
Other countries have their own issues, but in the US it's being caused by:
states all taking different approaches
no central approach from the states as a group
free travel to anywhere across the US still
lack of testing
and frankly huge grocery stores, nobody should be allowed in a big store anymore. Delivery to your house or to a car in the lot only. Protect people and employees when getting necessities.

It matters because the information that we could get out of them could really help us fight this and save some lives. Being truthful with us is the least they could do since they are the reason we are in this mess right now.

#5196 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It also isn’t possible that in a country of 1.4 billion with many huge, densely populated cities that they’ve defeated the virus and a China is back to work. Assuming there is some truth that they at least have it under control, as soon as they truly go back to work, open theatres, malls, etc, it will explode like wildfire again.

It's kind of a pipe dream that the rest of the world, especially the USA believes what China says about beating it and opening back up and setting up some kind of time schedule based on that.

This virus will only be beat like all the other pandemics, when it is good and ready to fade away all on it's own or everybody gets it and those that survive develop immunity.

#5197 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It matters because the information that we could get out of them could really help us fight this and save some lives. Being truthful with us is the least they could do

The same could be said for our own country. If our own government is 'you're on your own' why do you think that's acceptable but expect different from China who you condemn.

#5198 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Sorry, but let's get real here. You've been playing follow the leader from the beginning.

I have no shame at all in admitting I thought this was not going to be a big deal. I am always changing my mind on things as they evolve. I don't know everything and never claimed to. I am right a lot more than I am wrong but I was wrong about this. Big deal

#5199 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's kind of a pipe dream that the rest of the world, especially the USA believes what China says about beating it and opening back up and setting up some kind of time schedule based on that.
This virus will only be beat like all the other pandemics, when it is good and ready to fade away all on it's own or everybody gets it and those that survive develop immunity.

It's really hard to say if they've beat it or not. I would have thought we have sattilites up there that are looking though. Maybe we just aren't being told...

#5200 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The same could be said for our own country. If our own government is 'you're on your own' why do you think that's acceptable but expect different from China who you condemn.

Not going to discuss politics with you so move along

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/104?hl=jenniebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.