272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 576.
#5101 4 years ago

An interesting comment on 60 Minutes by a NY Doctor was people are walking in with light symptoms, and 12 hours later, they are in ICU Ventilator. Common traits are overweight males, and younger than expected.
She shared how unexpectedly fast, this took down a person.

I hope there are enough ventilators.

#5103 4 years ago

A mythbusters episode showing how easily an infection can spread among a group of people.

[edit]: Better quality:

#5104 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

The crow looked healthy.

The squirrels in my back yard look really healthy. Doesn't mean they aren't carrying the plague.

#5105 4 years ago

Important message from Wally mart.

91157894_3512412928775479_8788896143078588416_n (resized).jpg91157894_3512412928775479_8788896143078588416_n (resized).jpg
#5106 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Taken 1 minute ago[quoted image]

Man, your Post is really depressing. Thanks, though, I think.

#5107 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

A mytbusters episode showing how easily an infection can spread among a group of people.

Well damn!

We may get that Experts of Dangerous pinball machine yet.

#5108 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The squirrels in my back yard look really healthy. Doesn't mean they aren't carrying the plague.

Yeah, well these Crows are my friends!

#5109 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Man, your Post is really depressing. Thanks, though, I think.

Here’s a shot of Italy.

149E29D0-552C-43A9-ACC5-C405F2F1F319 (resized).png149E29D0-552C-43A9-ACC5-C405F2F1F319 (resized).png
#5110 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Yeah, well these Crows are my friends!

Yes, I like the crows much better than the squirrels. But I think I might be getting them trained finally.

#5111 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

People will see racism wherever they want.
I guess we can blame Canada's leaders then also.
"Chinese Canadians speak out against racism, misinformation in wake of coronavirus​​​​​​​"
Here is their racism Quoted from post.
"More than 9,000 people signed a petition calling on the school board to keep children whose family members had recently traveled to China home from school for 17 days.
"At times such as this, we must come together as Canadians and avoid any hint of xenophobia, which in this case can victimize our East Asian Chinese community," school board officials wrote."
So asking for people that just traveled to China to be quarantined is now racism. Sorry I call that smart.
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-jan-28-2020-1.5442819/chinese-canadians-speak-out-against-racism-misinformation-in-wake-of-coronavirus-1.5442824

That's xenophobia. The racism is all the people attacking Asian-looking people. Xenophobia feeds racism.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/28/coronavirus-racism-asian-americans-report-fear-harassment-violence/2903745001/
https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-the-uk/the-rise-of-coronavirus-hate-crimes
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/24/coronavirus-us-asian-americans-racism

Important contextual note: Quebec is a uniquely specific hotbed of racism in Canadian. Canada isn't any less racist than USA, but it's history and expression is different.

#5112 4 years ago

Before I go, I'd like to thank forceflow for highlighting all the posts he has made.

#5113 4 years ago

This thread has clarified to me how Odin has made it to 50917 posts.

#5114 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

So asking for people that just traveled to China to be quarantined is now racism. Sorry I call that smart.

Your article posted was from January 28th. The racist incidences have been growing since. You can't look back 2 months at incidents and like that were being applied against specific ethnic groups, and say "ahh that is smart because now we're doing that for everyone". ex post facto justification.
Also, see my notes above re: Canada

#5115 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Taken 1 minute ago[quoted image]

dammit Lee, charge you phone!

#5116 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

That's xenophobia. The racism is all the people attacking Asian-looking people. Xenophobia feeds racism.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/28/coronavirus-racism-asian-americans-report-fear-harassment-violence/2903745001/
https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-the-uk/the-rise-of-coronavirus-hate-crimes
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/24/coronavirus-us-asian-americans-racism
Important contextual note: Quebec is a uniquely specific hotbed of racism in Canadian. Canada isn't any less racist than USA, but it's history and expression is different.

How is that xenophobia? It said "people that visited China." Not people from China. Are you saying only Chinese visit China? I'm hearing a little racism here.

#5117 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

dammit Lee, charge you phone!

I always go right to the last percent around this time of day. Then I know it’s sleepy time!

#5118 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

How is that xenophobia? It said "people that visited China." Not people from China. Are you saying only Chinese visit China? I'm hearing a little racism here.

please take your trolling elsewhere.

#5119 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, I like the crows much better than the squirrels. But I think I might be getting them trained finally.

The crows or the squirrels?

#5120 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

For anyone that missed it...[quoted image]

Yeah, a buddy of mine just sent me a link to Rolling Stone talking about John.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/john-prine-covid-19-symptoms-974909/?fbclid=IwAR1C49CjReGtQA_rnJmZm2aqqM3hFWTgiIRNQZAAdfOas74g6MN0Dkg6McM

In Spite Of Ourselves is one of my wife and my songs.
For those of you that haven’t heard it, it’s a powerful and magical tune.

#5121 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Quoted from cait001:

Please take it to PM gentlemen.

#5122 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

The crows or the squirrels?

Sounds like a stew to me.

#5123 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Only if you are in Louisiana.

#5124 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I thought squirrel was breaded and fried, then served with gravy? Never had crow. They are smart though.

#5125 4 years ago

Interesting. With everyone staying home, Covid-19 is saving thousands of lives per week.

lives (resized).JPGlives (resized).JPG
#5126 4 years ago

Does anyone have any good news ?

#5127 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I can't think of a President in the last 90 years less suited to lead us during this crisis.

Jimmy Carter?

Seriously, most of you are old enough to remember how decisive he was with the Iran hostage crisis.

#5128 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

You seem to put labels on people quite liberally cait001 but when the table turns and you are labelled racist you call it trolling? I find that offensive and hypercritical when people do this in an effort to shut down debate. Why not answer the question and debate an issue without offensive labels and insults?

Its an emotional time for everyone but can we not be a little more civil and decent?

#5129 4 years ago

Take this advise with a grain of salt and maybe the doctor can chime in also. Drink hot liquids like tea or broth and avoid dairy or other foods that cause mucus for sore throat, cough, heavy chest symptoms.

#5130 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I just saved 15% with Geico.

#5131 4 years ago
Quoted from vex:

You seem to put labels on people quite liberally cait001 but when the table turns and you are labelled racist you call it trolling? I find that offensive and hypercritical when people do this in an effort to shut down debate. Why not answer the question and debate an issue without offensive labels and insults?
Its an emotional time for everyone but can we not be a little more civil and decent?

take it to PM if you want to grandstand and rant

#5132 4 years ago

Target Alpha still not fixed. Somebody needs to come over. At a distance of course.

#5133 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Target Alpha still not fixed. Somebody needs to come over. At a distance of course.

It’s the AX relay no? We can probably get this done through FaceTime

#5134 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

41NdekuIaYL._AC_SX466_ (resized).jpg41NdekuIaYL._AC_SX466_ (resized).jpg
#5135 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I thought squirrel was breaded and fried, then served with gravy? Never had crow. They are smart though.

It didn't get cold enough this Winter to eat squirrel. I could tell you a story about eating squirrel brains right out of
the barbecued head, but I won't.

#5136 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

take it to PM if you want to grandstand and rant

Don't give me directions. I see another label from you... grandstanding.I spoke my peace.

#5137 4 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Don't give me directions

Quoted from Daditude:

Please take it to PM

#5138 4 years ago

I can sympathize a little with the Chineese eating all these exotic critters. My Mom was pretty poor so we grew up trying
all kinds of things she was used to. Ate salt Mackerel and eggs for breakfast, none of the other kids did. Smell something good cooking in the morning and roll out of of bed to find..Fried Tripe. Pickled Pork was a favorite, wish I could find some now.
I drew the line at Chittlings though, smelled like a hogs ass cooking, wasn't about to find out what they tasted like.

#5139 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Never had crow.

Plenty of people will be eating crow soon enough.

#5140 4 years ago

I did meet some folks who were poorer growing up, they had chicken feet and rice. Or Turkey necks and potatoes.
So I guess it can always be worse.
Pork Brains and scrambled eggs are actually good if they are prepared right. I haven't ate any organ meat or any of that stuff
since I moved out at 16. Never say never.

#5141 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Plenty of people will be eating crow soon enough.

What ya'll talking about eating crow for?

#5142 4 years ago

Novartis CEO: Trump-Touted Drug Best Hope To Fight Coronavirus; Announces Massive Donation.
Highlights from the article.
"Pledged to donate a stunning 130 million doses of hydroxychloroquine"
"Pre-clinical studies in animals as well as the first data from clinical studies show that hydroxychloroquine kills the coronavirus,”
https://www.dailywire.com/news/novartis-ceo-trump-touted-drug-best-hope-to-fight-coronavirus-announces-massive-donation?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

#5144 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

There was 50% off at Jersey Mikes this weekend. Bought $50 worth of subs for $25 and now feel very full.

#5145 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

What ya'll talking about eating crow for?

Hey, I gave you a compliment

#5147 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Have you noticed cheaper beef prices?

Haven't noticed.

#5148 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Looks nice there! I watched an epic fight with a crow and a copperhead snake today, the crow won and flew off with the snake dangling. Took 20 minutes, I didn't even know they ate the things. Snake was small, maybe a foot long.

I never thought that fight would go the distance

#5149 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

No! Oh you was talking to him, sorry.

#5150 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Looks nice there! I watched an epic fight with a crow and a copperhead snake today, the crow won and flew off with the snake dangling. Took 20 minutes, I didn't even know they ate the things. Snake was small, maybe a foot long.

I caught a bass before that had a baby copperhead in it's stomach. I've also caught a bass that had eaten a bird. I'm not sure how those 2 things came to be, but I will tell you that a bass will eat ANYTHING.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/103?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.