272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 576.
#5051 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Folks can talk all the crap they want about Trump... at least he listens to the experts and will make changes when necessary. Even Fauci gives him big props for doing that.

Blind squirrels and broken clocks come to mind.

#5052 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:So he’s just as good as every other president. I’m glad you acknowledge the job he’s doing.

Wow. You’re good. You changed my mind!

#5053 4 years ago

Tonight we salute....Gary Flower!
20200329_193332_HDR (resized).jpg20200329_193332_HDR (resized).jpg
I've run into this guy at literally every show I've ever been to, and just now found out that his name's Gary.
Pinball historian and full of great stories!

#5054 4 years ago

Today's chart of deaths.
USA still on track for doubling almost every 3 days, so over 4000 by Wednesday, 8000 by Saturday

IMG_20200329_193329.jpgIMG_20200329_193329.jpg
#5055 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Tonight we salute....Gary Flower!
[quoted image]
I've run into this guy at literally every show I've ever been to, and just now found out that his name's Gary.
Pinball historian and full of great stories!

He just needs a little space to grow.

#5057 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:Ironically I’ve never been to NYC, been all over, first thing I’m going to do when this over is visit and spend some money, NY almost always takes it on the chin during crisis, it’s the least I could do.

Ironically? To who?

#5058 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:Sunshine? What’s a decent hotel in the area?

My house. Actually.

#5059 4 years ago

This graph of deaths in subnational regions really underscores the dire situation in New York

IMG_20200329_194156.jpgIMG_20200329_194156.jpg
#5061 4 years ago

This man is from my town. I guess the dry weather and being a one time star athlete wasn't enough to keep him from getting knocked down. Test results not back yet but almost a given what he's got.

Jim-Edmonds-1 (resized).jpgJim-Edmonds-1 (resized).jpg
#5062 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

My house. Actually.

You have room for Gryszzz right?

#5063 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

My house. Actually.

Alright! We're there! But even when this is over I'm gonna need you to keep your distance. Just toss us beers.

#5064 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

3/29 White House briefing
Begins at 1:42:00

Oh my. The answer to the question at 2:27 trying to hold him accountable to statements he said on Hannity. You can always tell when the question is a great one because instead of answering it he attacks the reporter instead.

#5065 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Today's chart of deaths.
USA still on track for doubling almost every 3 days, so over 4000 by Wednesday, 8000 by Saturday[quoted image]

I’d like to say that I totally agree that we shouldn’t talk politics in this thread. There’s so much else to talk about. Like the growing infection rate and the growing death rate and the woeful lack of PPE and ventilators for our healthcare workers on the front lines.

I think if we stick to these topics - plus the random “maybe this experimental drug will help” this thread will peter out by Easter. Because these topics are depressing!

#5066 4 years ago

60 Minutes will be doing a report on how hospitals in New York are handling this. Probably already on on the east coast.

Wonder how this will affect the markets when they reopen tomorrow.

#5067 4 years ago

"Jerry Falwell Jr., president of Liberty University, reopened the school's campus last week. By Friday, nearly a dozen Liberty students were sick with symptoms that suggest Covid-19. https://t.co/dmgBQ27pdZ
"

"“I’m not allowed to talk to you because I’m an employee here,” one student living on campus wrote in an email. But, he pleaded, “we need help to go home.""

#5068 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

60 Minutes will be doing a report on how hospitals in New York are handling this. Probably already on on the east coast.
Wonder how this will affect the markets when they reopen tomorrow.

I've read that it is a nightmare there and the workers are totally stressed and putting in countless hours.

#5069 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

"Jerry Falwell Jr., president of Liberty University, reopened the school's campus last week. By Friday, nearly a dozen Liberty students were sick with symptoms that suggest Covid-19. https://t.co/dmgBQ27pdZ
"
"“I’m not allowed to talk to you because I’m an employee here,” one student living on campus wrote in an email. But, he pleaded, “we need help to go home.""

What an idiot he is!

#5070 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know, it sucks. And for better or worse I was definitely gonna take you up on that drink.
Maybe next year.

Drink. We wanted you to go out partying with us. No politics allowed just fun. We will get there. Stay well.

#5071 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I've read that it is a nightmare there and the workers are totally stressed and putting in countless hours.

A twenty minute report there with cameras rolling is bound to increase this country's confidence and state of mind, ya think?

#5072 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Show us your lockdown puzzles?[quoted image][quoted image]

Kids blew through it in a couple hours. Bought a 4 pack... actually thinking about framing a couple.

20200328_175102 (resized).jpg20200328_175102 (resized).jpg20200328_123807 (resized).jpg20200328_123807 (resized).jpg
#5073 4 years ago

So while many of you throwing political shots across each other’s bows.....you may have missed:
Allen Merrill the writer of I Love Rock-n-Roll has died of Corona.
Joe Diffie has died of Corona.
Sure there are other known people we will hear of. Of course family and friends will always hit us the hardest. Hope everyone is well and staying safe!!!

#5074 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

From NYC:
https://twitter.com/CorneliaLG/status/1244259261758296064?s=19

#5075 4 years ago

So our pier and all city area and state parks beach parking lots closed. Quite a site. All golf courses, except this one here closed. I've ridden my ebike all around San Clemente and Dana Point and this golf course is the only place I see anywhere I live like this.

20200329_162230 (resized).jpg20200329_162230 (resized).jpg20200329_105030 (resized).jpg20200329_105030 (resized).jpg
#5076 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Alright! We're there! But even when this is over I'm gonna need you to keep your distance. Just toss us beers.

FamilyArcade has confirmed there’s room for both of us, we’re just going to have to mud wrestle for the futon

#5077 4 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

So while many of you throwing political shots across each other’s bows.....you may have missed:
Allen Merrill the writer of I Love Rock-n-Roll has died of Corona.
Joe Diffie has died of Corona.
Sure there are other known people we will hear of. Of course family and friends will always hit us the hardest. Hope everyone is well and staying safe!!!

John Prine is hospitalized in critical condition with covid. I may have to lock up the liquor or a door may get torn from the hinges if this thing takes him.

#5078 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They should stop making any promises at all. Serves the public good zero.

your fucking crazy....most Americans want hope...not sit around a room and blame everyone else for their problems....its the reason why the guy will be elected for another 4 years....

#5079 4 years ago

I really do feel sorry for all of the hospital workers right now. I know they gotta be scared to death. I don't like coming to work either right now either in fear of getting this but their situation is just flat out scary.

#5080 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

John Prine is hospitalized in critical condition with covid. I may have to lock up the liquor or a door may get torn from the hinges if this thing takes him.

IMG_20200329_201952 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_201952 (resized).jpg

For anyone that missed it...

IMG_20200329_201952 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_201952 (resized).jpg
#5081 4 years ago

CBC just covered rise of Asian racism in the US and a severe spike in Asians buying guns. US government officials tried to have the virus named Wuhan Virus, which was flatly rejected by the international community.

They interviewed people buying guns for the first time. They each said that "leaders" are responsible for the hatred they are living with.

Support your fellow Americans and slap down racism, even if it feels subtle to you. On the other side, it's not subtle.

#5082 4 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

So our pier and all city area and state parks beach parking lots closed. Quite a site.

Still as beautiful as ever.

Sometimes I miss the place except the part about feeling trapped at the edge of the world since traffic on I-5 gets so jammed up now.

#5083 4 years ago

John Prine is the best!
I've had an illegal smile on since this thing started

#5084 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

CBC just covered rise of Asian racism in the US and a severe spike in Asians buying guns.

I'm sure they treat us much better over there waving an American flag in the Wuhan Province.

#5085 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

CBC just covered rise of Asian racism in the US and a severe spike in Asians buying guns. US government officials tried to have the virus named Wuhan Virus, which was flatly rejected by the international community.
They interviewed people buying guns for the first time. They each said that "leaders" are responsible for the hatred they are living with.
Support your fellow Americans and slap down racism, even if it feels subtle to you. On the other side, it's not subtle.

I think the real story is that people in this country now hate China's government, not Asian people that are living here in the U.S. or even the people that live in China.

#5086 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I really do feel sorry for all of the hospital workers right now. I know they gotta be scared to death. I don't like coming to work either right now either in fear of getting this but their situation is just flat out scary.

I'm so blessed that I at least get to work from home and be with my family. I can't imagine working those hours and then being terrified to hug you own children.
And now NYC doctors are being (baselessly) accused of stealing masks??? I hope none of them watched the press conference.

#5087 4 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

So our pier and all city area and state parks beach parking lots closed. Quite a site. All golf courses, except this one here closed. I've ridden my ebike all around San Clemente and Dana Point and this golf course is the only place I see anywhere I live like this.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice there! I watched an epic fight with a crow and a copperhead snake today, the crow won and flew off with the snake dangling. Took 20 minutes, I didn't even know they ate the things. Snake was small, maybe a foot long.

#5088 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Damn....another one.
There’s a hole in Daddy’s arm where all the money goes.

#5089 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I didn't even know they ate the things. Snake was small, maybe a foot long

That's how this virus started?

#5090 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That’s bat shit crazy right there.

#5091 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think the real story is that people in this country now hate China's government, not Asian people that are living here in the U.S. or even the people that live in China.

That's not the story I heard. I'm sure it is a large minority of citizens, but racism is on the rise due to Covid, whether you like it or not.

#5092 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

That’s bat shit crazy right there.

Perhaps.

Well, it's time for dinner and taking in a couple hours of today's news including 60 Minutes, and then I will be in the right frame of mind to pick up where I left off last night.

Cheers!

#5093 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The crow looked healthy. My Daughter bought me some Nikon binoculars, really love them at times like these.

#5094 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No, the real story is the racism. It is real. It is heightened. It is unpleasant. Wake up.

People aren’t posting letters to Hmong doctors doors complaining about the Chinese government.

#5095 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My gf has a friend who tested positive for the virus and is in ICU fighting for her life as we speak..

I'm so sorry to hear that. I wish her the best.

#5097 4 years ago

I’m posting this because it’s funny. It isn’t aimed at anyone but it’s too funny not to post.

(edited)

#5098 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

People will see racism wherever they want.
I guess we can blame Canada's leaders then also.

"Chinese Canadians speak out against racism, misinformation in wake of coronavirus​​​​​​​"
Here is their racism Quoted from post.
"More than 9,000 people signed a petition calling on the school board to keep children whose family members had recently traveled to China home from school for 17 days.

"At times such as this, we must come together as Canadians and avoid any hint of xenophobia, which in this case can victimize our East Asian Chinese community," school board officials wrote."

So asking for people that just traveled to China to be quarantined is now racism. Sorry I call that smart.
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-jan-28-2020-1.5442819/chinese-canadians-speak-out-against-racism-misinformation-in-wake-of-coronavirus-1.5442824

#5099 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

People will see racism wherever they want.
I guess we can blame Canada's leaders then also.
"Chinese Canadians speak out against racism, misinformation in wake of coronavirus​​​​​​​"
Here is their racism Quoted from post.
"More than 9,000 people signed a petition calling on the school board to keep children whose family members had recently traveled to China home from school for 17 days.
"At times such as this, we must come together as Canadians and avoid any hint of xenophobia, which in this case can victimize our East Asian Chinese community," school board officials wrote."
So asking for people that just traveled to China to be quarantined is now racism. Sorry I call that smart.
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-jan-28-2020-1.5442819/chinese-canadians-speak-out-against-racism-misinformation-in-wake-of-coronavirus-1.5442824

Are you really that simple? I wasn't trying to attack the USA. I was relaying what I literally heard on the radio at the time. Of course we have racists too.

#5100 4 years ago

Taken 1 minute ago

50E90414-97C2-4CB3-B70A-19140BBC4FFA (resized).png50E90414-97C2-4CB3-B70A-19140BBC4FFA (resized).png
There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.