272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 576.
#4951 4 years ago

That would be awesome. Here’s an interesting article on why the US never built the ventilators we’d planned to:

The U.S. Tried to Build a New Fleet of Ventilators. The Mission Failed.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/business/coronavirus-us-ventilator-shortage.html?referringSource=articleShare

#4952 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

How can you watch that show? That guy and the woman are total pieces of shit.

The same reason I can't turn away from some threads on Pinside.

I also watch the documentary on ChrisChan on YouTube. We can't turn our eyes away from these delicious gory car accidents.

#4954 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Think how big and densely populated LA county is and all the incoming and outgoing tourists and commerce. More than most places in the world. It is also a melting pot of people from all the highly infected countries and everywhere else including the rest of the USA and they traveled back and forth as they pleased.
I say weather has something to do with it.

Or your just a few weeks behind. I hope you’re right. My step dad is in Huntington Beach. He’s 80 and in very poor health, with congestive heart disease. He won’t last a day if he gets it.

#4955 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Oh yes. We frequent Myrtle Beach for short little weekend trips. My wife and I were wondering why we had never heard of his place, because we've done a lot of the other wildlife things in MB like https://alligatoradventure.com/.
Like they said in the series, it's like $400 PER PERSON to go to his place. Nah, I'm good.

We went there and it wasn’t that much. Thems Disney prices.

#4956 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

This got flagged as political? This place is weird. All those shows are defined as "opinion entertainment" by their own network.
Is this like in pro wrestling where you're not supposed to talk about the artifice?

Don’t sweat it. Someone probably flagged you. Lots of tattletales these days.

#4958 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess what I'm saying is besides the fact we were the first to shut down, Ca's numbers are dramatically lower at this point in time than just about everywhere else with dense population.
If weather wasn't a factor, we should be one of the highest infected places in the world right now.

I don't know if it is or not....your original comment was the weather delta between Nor Cal and SoCal, and my response is the weather isn't much different....now the weather between the east coast and California is very different.

#4959 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Don’t sweat it. Someone probably flagged you. Some very triggered people around here.

You mean people here really flag others posts? I thought the up/down voting thing was bad enough. You are a real sack of you go reporting someone’s post. Be a fucking grownup not a child

#4960 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Or your just a few weeks behind.

That's the question I keep asking, why would we be behind? We had more people coming and going than just about anywhere else in the world. They even dropped airplanes full of infected people in our back yard months ago. Docked a ship full in Oakland too.

Although I have heard it has hit a few senior care facilities in the LA area. It's just looking at places like New York, our numbers so far just aren't adding up.

#4961 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You mean people here really flag others posts? I thought the up/down voting thing was bad enough. You are a real sack of you go reporting someone’s post. Be a fucking grownup not a child

I’m telling!

#4962 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't know if it is or not....your original comment was the weather delta between Nor Cal and SoCal, and my response is the weather isn't much different....now the weather between the east coast and California is very different.

My bad. I hadn't really checked the disparity between northern and southern Ca., just remembered it hit San Francisco first and assumed it was worse there.

#4963 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Be a fucking grownup not a child

Done

#4964 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

It’s interesting to see how many Asian experts and pundits MSNBC has been putting on the air the past week or so...

The only interesting thing is that you noticed, or Care what race the “experts and pundits” on MSNBC are.

Also interesting is that you are watching MSNBC. Why would you watch a news source you clearly don’t trust? Just to keep tabs on the ethnicity of their on-air talent?

Trust me, I can’t tell you how many Asians Fox News employs.

#4965 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

you're just "following" most of others countries, being late by 2 or 3 weeks (and not learning from our errors)... but yes, same deny, same bad reactions, same fate...
:/

And this is what makes the way USA are dealing with this frustrating. Generally speaking this thing has travelled West from China. China tried to deal with the outbreak by contact tracing before realising that it was too late and they had to lock down severely. Other Asian nations caught on quick and did testing, tracing and lockdown.
The main land European countries were too slow and now we have multiple 100s dying a day in Italy and Spain being the worst hit and health providers completely overwhelmed.
The UK was late going for a full lockdown, instead first trying voluntary isolation, before going for semi /full lockdown we are currently in. We MAY just get away with ONLY 20,000 dying IF we stay locked down for the next 2-3 months.

USA, despite all the heads up and warnings fromehat has happened in other countries, the initial response was 'it's nothing serious', flu kills more people, heart attacks kill more people, it's a hoax being used for political gain. People continued to travel freely, flew Around the country thinking it wouldn't affect them, they're not over 70, don't have health conditions and continued to spread the virus.
You have stated bidding g against each other for PPE and ventilators, everyone is only concerned about themselves, what the economy will be like. (Almost every other country is paying the workers who have had to take these precautions, shoring up the businesses that have had to close). States are squabbling amongst themselves trying to play the blame game, 'it wasn't my fault, it was X or Y or Z, I did everything I could please reelect me. Or just in simple denial. It'll be business as usual by Easter. I cancelled the UK Pinball League for the WHOLE OF THE YEAR on Mar15th because it was obvious the way things were going,

I just worry that sister and family who live in NYC and are teachers are going to be well and truly screwed if they contract and have a bad reaction to the virus as NYC is currently the epicentre and likely to be hit the hardest first. If everyone of importance in USA doesn't start working together the death toll will be in the 100s of thousands - the fact that when it does turn in turn a shit storm every man and his dog is looking out for themselves armed to the teeth with guns, the least of my concerns would be worrying about the virus.

#4966 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's the question I keep asking, why would we be behind? We had more people coming and going than just about anywhere else in the world. They even dropped airplanes full of infected people in our back yard months ago. Docked a ship full in Oakland too.
Although I have heard it has hit a few senior care facilities in the LA area. It's just looking at places like New York, our numbers so far just aren't adding up.

The funniest thing about the last couple of pages, is that you’re from Humble, Tx. Shit writes itself.

#4967 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

And this is what makes the way USA are dealing with this frustrating. Generally speaking this thing has travelled West from China. China tried to deal with the outbreak by contact tracing before realising that it was too late and they had to lock down severely. Other Asian nations caught on quick and did testing, tracing and lockdown.
The main land European countries were too slow and now we have multiple 100s dying a day in Italy and Spain being the worst hit and health providers completely overwhelmed.
The UK was late going for a full lockdown, instead first trying voluntary isolation, before going for semi /full lockdown we are currently in. We MAY just get away with ONLY 20,000 dying IF we stay locked down for the next 2-3 months.
USA, despite all the heads up and warnings fromehat has happened in other countries, the initial response was 'it's nothing serious', flu kills more people, heart attacks kill more people, it's a hoax being used for political gain. People continued to travel freely, flew Around the country thinking it wouldn't affect them, they're not over 70, don't have health conditions and continued to spread the virus.
You have stated bidding g against each other for PPE and ventilators, everyone is only concerned about themselves, what the economy will be like. (Almost every other country is paying the workers who have had to take these precautions, shoring up the businesses that have had to close). States are squabbling amongst themselves trying to play the blame game, 'it wasn't my fault, it was X or Y or Z, I did everything I could please reelect me. Or just in simple denial. It'll be business as usual by Easter. I cancelled the UK Pinball League for the WHOLE OF THE YEAR on Mar15th because it was obvious the way things were going,
I just worry that sister and family who live in NYC and are teachers are going to be well and truly screwed if they contract and have a bad reaction to the virus as NYC is currently the epicentre and likely to be hit the hardest first. If everyone of importance in USA doesn't start working together the death toll will be in the 100s of thousands - the fact that when it does turn in turn a shit storm every man and his dog is looking out for themselves armed to the teeth with guns, the least of my concerns would be worrying about the virus.

This American Life was absolutely heart breaking today. Some N.Y. stories.

#4968 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Many international flights first stop in New York before taking a layover flight to the west coast. Airports likely were a breeding ground?

#4969 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Can someone post the link(s) to the best website that’s has the daily updates to the graphs showing cases and deaths for countries and states?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

#4970 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

In all my years on here I’ve only reported 1 post. Edit: it was said several times so I reported it each time. That was someone who said I committed a criminal act, which was a lie. They know “Who” they are. I’ve never reported people for their opinions even if their opinion is that I’m a dbag or racist or whatever. Opinions are like assholes.

#4971 4 years ago

I didnt accuse you of doing it. I just really didn’t think people did it. The up/down vote thing is funny but running and tattling on someone?

#4972 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Many international flights first stop in New York before taking a layover flight to the west coast. Airports likely were a breeding ground?

I have to think many flights from China and other parts of Asia would take a shortcut and go over the Pacific directly here. As do all the ships going back and forth.

#4973 4 years ago

Show us your lockdown puzzles?

C41CDA93-003E-4C58-9936-968D9AEF3C98 (resized).jpegC41CDA93-003E-4C58-9936-968D9AEF3C98 (resized).jpeg59F15ED4-C237-4D10-A8C9-ED53CA0C2560 (resized).jpeg59F15ED4-C237-4D10-A8C9-ED53CA0C2560 (resized).jpeg
#4974 4 years ago

Damn I gotta see this Tina show looks good

17ED5B43-C2B2-4F9C-9CB9-2C57C223B01E (resized).jpeg17ED5B43-C2B2-4F9C-9CB9-2C57C223B01E (resized).jpeg359C0467-FDBC-4049-B888-326F6FFB0439 (resized).jpeg359C0467-FDBC-4049-B888-326F6FFB0439 (resized).jpegB34EFA22-CD33-4C1E-ABB7-55C421882141 (resized).jpegB34EFA22-CD33-4C1E-ABB7-55C421882141 (resized).jpeg
#4975 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

If you look at some of the places that are hot spots or future hot spots major airports seem to be one factor.
New York has two, JFK and LaGuardia.
New Jersey has Newark.
Michigan (major airport in Detroit).
Parts of California and Florida go without saying as their are several.

#4976 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Shockingly, Bing (yes, THAT Bing) has a pretty great COVID-19 tracker that links to current news for the regions as you drill down in it.
www.bing.com/COVID

Coincidentally, Bing means disease in Chinese.

#4977 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I didnt cause you of doing it. I just really didn’t think people did it. The up/down vote thing is funny but running and tattling on someone?

News to me too, and I've been here awhile ha.
From now on, if you're from TX, I'm just automatically reporting you.

#4978 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As do all the ships going back and forth.

To expand on that, if you are anywhere else in the USA using goods from China, there is a high probability it came in at the port of Los Angeles, and the container got loaded onto a train and headed eastward.

I used to see them going by just about every day.

#4979 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Damn I gotta see this Tina show looks good[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your photos are shockingly reminiscent of the Omega Man, only the light are still on.

#4980 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I didnt cause you of doing it. I just really didn’t think people did it. The up/down vote thing is funny but running and tattling on someone?

Yeah, I know. I was agreeing that people need to have thicker skin if they are going to post in an online forum like this one. The exception is when someone posts something knowingly false that could cause real damage to people.

#4981 4 years ago

Hey thank you cait001 and Wickerman2 for the advice on Target Alpha. Got too toasty last night to mess with it, but did read through that pin wiki on relays. Thanks guys!

#4982 4 years ago

If all this wasn't happening, TPF would be ending in an hour. Just a last call if you want to get in on my "I miss TPF" offer via my Pinside shop. Learn more here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-m-doing-tpf-in-my-pinside-shop

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Adapter kit

#4983 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Show us your lockdown puzzles?[quoted image][quoted image]

This one was great

20200327_115730 (resized).jpg20200327_115730 (resized).jpg
#4984 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

To expand on that, if you are anywhere else in the USA using goods from China, there is a high probability it came in at the port of Los Angeles, and the container got loaded onto a train and headed eastward.

I work at the Port of Los Angeles. Oh crap.

#4985 4 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

If all this wasn't happening, TPF would be ending in an hour.

If TPF was happening, you could be ending in a hour.

#4986 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:Any biomedical devices intended for human use need to pass FDA regulations. This involves not only the original research, development/verification and manufacture of but also the preclinical and clinical trials associated with the device(s). It is an expensive process. Complicated doesn’t always mean expensive, but regulatory considerations ALWAYS means expensive.
Quoted from skink91:

You tell me where it says that FDA regulations have been suspended... what company would be willing to open themselves up to the ensuing lawsuits?
Nope.

Quoted from Jaybird815:

But the DPA was enacted, they won’t have much of a choice if companies pussyfoot like GM did.

They are going to fast track this stuff. Count on it. I have read where the company that makes these ventilators does not really want to share its high-profit low-volume secrets with anyone else and Gm did not want to participate but Trump said they will be participating.

===========================================

And then you have Dyson, the UK vacuum cleaner company that is showing others how it is done.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/dyson-to-make-15000-ventilators/ar-BB11JYpr

" Dyson said the company had designed and built an entirely new ventilator, called the "CoVent," since he received a call 10 days ago from UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson."

"A spokesperson for the company, which is best known for its vacuum cleaners and hand dryers, said the ventilators would be ready by early April.
-----------------------------------------------

Ten frigging days with a new design. Ready in early April. And this, from a billionaire, in a country with socialized medicine. And over here, nobody seems to be able to get their thumb out of their ass.

#4987 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I work at the Port of Los Angeles. Oh crap.

I wouldn't worry about it now.

But think about all the ships and their crews that came and went during the winter and the port isn't even a dot on the map as far as infections go.

I tell you, it's the weather.

#4988 4 years ago

Wait, why are people on twitter talking about Coronavirus press conference RATINGS??? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. WTF is going on

#4989 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Your photos are shockingly reminiscent of the Omega Man, only the light are still on.

I thought I saw Charlton Heston scurrying around and I decided I’d better cheese it!

#4990 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wouldn't worry about it now.
But think about all the ships and their crews that came and went during the winter and the port isn't even a dot on the map as far as infections go.
I tell you, it's the weather.

I used to go on the ships and interact closely with the Chinese crew members. But haven’t done that in several years.

#4991 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

When I got home to the Atlanta airport 2 weeks ago, people were still cramming into the “plane train”. It was the first time I took the moving sidewalks all the way from terminal D, and I made damned sure I wasn’t getting close to anything or touching anything I didn’t have to. No escalator rails, nothing.

#4992 4 years ago

I feel for those in cold wet or humid places right now, but there is nothing I can do about it, so I'm just going outside to enjoy ours.

#4993 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I’ve seen the hot/dry combo is bad for the virus somewhere in all the medical professionals I follow on Twitter for work. I can’t find the source though in the constant cascade of data and posts from the front lines. You may be on to something, but I haven’t seen anything formal.

On the flip side, if I remember correctly cold/dry; cold/wet and hot/wet were all equally good environments for the virus.

#4994 4 years ago

Got a medium?? profile death. CFO from Jeffries Group has died.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/investing/jeffries-cfo-coronavirus/index.html

" The chief financial officer of Jefferies Group LLC, Peregrine "Peg" Broadbent, has died from coronavirus complications, the company said in a statement Sunday.

Broadbent, who was 56-years-old, had served as CFO of the financial services company since 2007. The company has appointed Teri Gendron, CFO of Jefferies Financial Group, as the interim CFO and chief accounting officer of Jefferies Group (JEF)..."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm still waiting for some politician to make the horizontal news.

#4995 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I feel for those in cold wet or humid places right now, but there is nothing I can do about it, so I'm just going outside to enjoy ours.

It’s been beautiful the last few days. The wind picks up late afternoon and gets a little chilly though.

#4996 4 years ago

42 degrees and howling winds, I’m thinking the winds are a positive, 50 mph gusts will keep people inside.

#4997 4 years ago

Trump just pushed back the Easter roll out to April 30. Good for him for listening to the experts.

#4998 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I’ve seen the hot/dry combo is bad for the virus somewhere in all the medical professionals I follow on Twitter for work.

The only problem is once summer hits the weather here turns from mostly coming off the desert to coming off the ocean, and it can get just as humid as Florida sometimes.

#4999 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Trump just pushed back the Easter roll out to April 30. Good for him for listening to the experts.

They should stop making any promises at all. Serves the public good zero.

#5000 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

3/29 NY Governor's briefing:

Highlights:
-All hospitals need to cooperate and help each other as a unified system to share the load as the rippling wave of infections rise in fall in areas across the state
-76,000+ healthcare workers have volunteered
-Only 2 counties in NY have no reported cases
-The rate of increase of cases have slowed from doubling every 4 days to doubling every 6 days.
-Wadsworth developed less intrusive saliva and short nasal swab test.
-In order to start returning to normalcy and sending millions of people back to work, a large volume of test kits (that are faster and easier to use) need to be produced.
-Pause/stay-at-home order extended to April 15th. The order will be evaluated every 2 weeks from this point forward.
-A small number of first responders and healthcare workers have died from covid-19
-CDC & POTUS issued travel advisory for non-essential travel in NY, NJ, CT. No change in stay-at-home orders, other than to just reaffirm it.
-RI executive order that involved stopping cars with NY plates at RI borders and ordering mandatory quarantines has been repealed.

Q&A comments:
-Javits hospital site coming online this week
-Gatherings and density are the enemy and cause the spread of the virus. Easter & passover gatherings should be discouraged.
-Thousands of deaths will likely happen.
-Coronavirus in nursing homes is lethal. Nursing homes are not allowing visitors. Staff are being tested before entering the facilities.
-12,000 mental health professionals volunteered for services accessible by phone or video chat.
-Increase in domestic violence issues
-Right now, we're fighting both the virus and the fear. People are on edge and prone to panic.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.