Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Mthomasslo
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

70635051576__7FAF7358-1AD5-4AFC-BAE2-6A919E7CBEC1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8757 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2813.gif
    1684761530023 (resized).jpg
    original_6d493a15-a804-44e3-aa0c-7cec34d012e5_IMG_20230519_234724 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20230518_190100~2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20230524_004056455.MP (resized).jpg
    IMG_20230520_004045 (resized).jpg
    VID_20230520_110807_exported_4585~2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3117 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3110 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3107 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 1.58.30 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4054 (resized).jpeg
    There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
    #302 11 months ago

We love Marco and it’s their decision to come or not based on their own business. We will have them any time!

Having said that, we have an amazing lineup. Pinball Pirate is bringing 26 games, we have a ton of vendors, Stern folks will be on-site all weekend, and Kyle is even flying in to visit (from Marco Thursday Tech TV).

#303 11 months ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Unfortunately, Planetary was unable to bring a Pulp Fiction for us.

Dang, that’s a big miss.

#304 11 months ago

I apologize if it was posted, but will there be glass available to purchase?

#305 11 months ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Dang, that’s a big miss.

What is always helpful is for people to directly communicate with distros and manufacturers when you want to see a game at your favorite pinball show!

Quoted from rogerb:

Here is the official 2023 GSPF Pinball Glass Preorder instructions. Since we last purchased glass in 2020 there have been multiple notices from our suppliers about price increases. I cannot stress this enough the price on glass is going up. Add on the cost of shipping and the risk of breakage, buying glass at Golden State is a real deal.
    We use the same vendor as several major pinball factories, so this is high quality glass.
    There are several changes from last year. Please read closely.
    We had a lot of glass leftover from a show last year. The driver of our rig had to stop quick and we lost about a dozen sheets of glass due to breakage. Glass is heavy, fragile, and hard to move. Therefore we are only going to bring down glass that is preordered. You can pickup and pay for your glass at the Planetary Pinball Booth.
    The show price will be $45 for regular glass, $50 for widebody and $250 for HD glass. There will be a $5 discount per sheet for 2 or more sheets ordered. You can mix sizes to obtain the discount. We also have rare and unusual sizes available as well. Contact me for a quote for sizes not listed.
    For small orders no deposit is required. Glass is heavy so please order what you intend to pickup. For large orders we may require a small deposit just to confirm the order. We do not have any more of the old stock IPB glass.
    Please send your preorder requests and questions to [email protected] or via the pinside message system.
    -roger-

Glass pre-order info.

#306 11 months ago
    Quoted from CCPL:

What is always helpful is for people to directly communicate with distros and manufacturers when you want to see a game at your favorite pinball show!

Glass pre-order info.

In Pulp thread…
    I didn’t think to have to ask Planetary.

IMG_4358 (resized).pngIMG_4358 (resized).png
    #307 11 months ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

In Pulp thread…
    [quoted image]

I believe I heard that GSPF reached out to PPS to bring one, but was told they could not. I was not privy to the reason.

#308 11 months ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

In Pulp thread…
    [quoted image]

Doing your part!

#309 11 months ago

Just a 7 day out reminder. If you want or need playfield glass, let me know now. I only have a few sheets reserved at this point. We may bring a few extra sheets, but not the 50-100 that we brought to previous shows. Glass is too heavy to transport only to have to haul it 200 miles back to Sparks Nevada. We have standard and widebody glass. HD glass. Pinball 2000 glass with minor defects at a discounted price.

In addition we will bring any Planetary Pinball order that you place on our website (www.planetarypinball.com) with free shipping with delivery at the Planetary Pinball booth.

In addition we will be showing a new game that was just released. Be sure to check the new game out! Glass orders can be made through pinside mail or to [email protected].

#310 11 months ago

Let’s go! We have to hit 300+ games. We can do it!! Only 8 days away!

#311 11 months ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

OK, now we're getting somewhere! The MFP crew at Lynn's Arcade is coming in hawt with 18 (count 'em) games, and we are up to 269, dude!
    Let's gooo!
    Also, just a little scuttlebutt: hawkmoon will be bringing his JB to the campcade!
    These are the kinds of pinheads that make shows possible and beautiful.
    However... We are still not at 300+ yet.
    However... You have a week to step up!
    Big shout out to our whales like PPM Larry, Flipper Room, Lynn's, and the Pinball Pirate for bringing double digit amounts of games.
    This is what makes this show so special.

Have you seen the updated game count???

#312 11 months ago

7 days until Showtime!!!!!!!!!

#314 11 months ago

Met with Pinball Pirate yesterday and we are excited about our booth! He will have at least 27 NEW machines to load up and haul over. We will have a truck of 24: 15 of ours, 4 of the home brews from various awesome pinheads like you, and 5 more pins from our league members.

Lots to do and get ready, but we are super stoked and ready to party! See you next week..

#315 11 months ago

Set sail for the home brew hideout! These one of a kind games are custom built by collectors and we are lucky enough to have them at the show this year!

Chris Dana is busy getting Green Out and Hopped Up ready to alter your mood. Mike Latiolais will have you Escape from Hell with his custom game.
    Nick Morgan will have you saying Wu Tang clan ain’t nothing to flip with, and John Gimera is bringing back his very popular Kill Bill.

These are truly precious pirate jewels and we thank them for bringing them to our show!

F10279F7-8E97-4F7A-87D2-AA3DBBF4E72D (resized).jpegF10279F7-8E97-4F7A-87D2-AA3DBBF4E72D (resized).jpeg
    #316 11 months ago

Heads up about a construction detour!

Starting May 1st, drivers should avoid the Highway 99 southbound off-ramp to Turner Road, as well as access from Turner Road to Cherokee Lane, due to a construction project that is projected to last until October.

F66CC996-E950-4FD0-9AF3-18E4CC9A60B6 (resized).pngF66CC996-E950-4FD0-9AF3-18E4CC9A60B6 (resized).png
    #317 11 months ago
    Quoted from GoldenStatePin:

Heads up about a construction detour!
    Starting May 1st, drivers should avoid the Highway 99 southbound off-ramp to Turner Road, as well as access from Turner Road to Cherokee Lane, due to a construction project that is projected to last until October.
    [quoted image]

The Victor Road exit can get backed up at peak times. If you see it backing up, shoot past to Kettleman. Then right on Kettleman, right on Cherokee and take it back to Lockeford Street

#318 11 months ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Met with Pinball Pirate yesterday and we are excited about our booth! He will have at least 27 NEW machines to load up and haul over. We will have a truck of 24: 15 of ours, 4 of the home brews from various awesome pinheads like you, and 5 more pins from our league members.
    Lots to do and get ready, but we are super stoked and ready to party! See you next week..

Chris is super excited, hung out with him last night and he drew up a detailed floor plan and layout, you know he's stoked when he starts drawing, looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun!
    See you guys soon!
    B

#319 11 months ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

Chris is super excited, hung out with him last night and he drew up a detailed floor plan and layout, you know he's stoked when he starts drawing, looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun!
    See you guys soon!
    B

Right on Ben! see you soon

#320 11 months ago

looking forward to some campground pin golf!

#321 11 months ago
    Quoted from genex:

looking forward to some campground pin golf!

Cool. That answers my question. Thanks for organizing this again.

#322 11 months ago

Yo Gene! I'll have an old em pitch and bat (ez for pin golf... Score x runs) and probably one actual pinball machine... Hopefully Flipper Football again. Hawkmoon will have a JB next those. Can. Not. Wait.
    280 something boiz... Almost to our magic 300!

#323 11 months ago

6 Days until Showtime!!!

#324 11 months ago

I cannot wait, my daughter and I will be there on Sunday. This will be our first Time going.

#325 11 months ago

“Feel alright, momma I’m not joking”

91B450DC-5E5C-42F6-80F7-9DD148EA68AA (resized).jpeg91B450DC-5E5C-42F6-80F7-9DD148EA68AA (resized).jpeg
    #326 11 months ago

282 games! We got this. Only 18 to go!

It's official! Whirlwind 2.0 Total Chaos will be at GSPF to play! The first show to have it!

#327 11 months ago

Stalled at 282 boiz... Less than a week. Let's git it!
    Started tearing down machines.
    New plan for camp: Flipper Football and Monte Carlo (nod to Eric!) I keep forgetting I'm prolly taking home than I'm coming with...Gotta leave a little room.

#328 11 months ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

“Feel alright, momma I’m not joking”
    [quoted image]

Nice garden balls
    That just gave me a MOP flashback.

#329 11 months ago

I'll have a SS Evel, Bally Beat the Clock and a Stern Cheetah for sale at the show. Too many details to list here, but, If you are serious I'll chat on the phone with you.

#330 11 months ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Stalled at 282 boiz... Less than a week. Let's git it!
    Started tearing down machines.
    New plan for camp: Flipper Football and Monte Carlo (nod to Eric!) I keep forgetting I'm prolly taking home than I'm coming with...Gotta leave a little room.

Monte Carlo was the pinball machine in Silver Spoons. I always wanted to play that.

#331 11 months ago
    Quoted from pinballonthemark:

Monte Carlo was the pinball machine

Sorry to disappoint cowboy, but this is the one im bringing...

PXL_20230116_020313089 (resized).jpgPXL_20230116_020313089 (resized).jpg
    #332 11 months ago

Parts arrived and I finally got her back together. She passes muster and ready for a proper break-in. Just gotta make or download some custom rule cards.
    IMG_3330 (resized).jpegIMG_3330 (resized).jpeg

#333 11 months ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Sorry to disappoint cowboy, but this is the one im bringing...[quoted image]

nice! i love the odd mechanical games. got an ICB and DE Slap Shot and wouldn't mind a few more (Fire Escape, Junkyard, Midway Stunt Pilot come to mind.)

#334 11 months ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

This may need to make an appearance at The Flipper Room some day!

#335 11 months ago
    Quoted from mc300baud:

nice! i love the odd mechanical games. got an ICB and DE Slap Shot and wouldn't mind a few more (Fire Escape, Junkyard, Midway Stunt Pilot come to mind.)

Got a CC Home Run pitch and bat, a CC Par Golf, and this...

PXL_20230116_020202070.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230116_020202070.MP (resized).jpg
    #336 11 months ago

Preparation begins in earnest...

PXL_20230514_004900983 (resized).jpgPXL_20230514_004900983 (resized).jpg
    #337 11 months ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

That’s cool too! Looking forward to trying that out.

#338 11 months ago

My big question is... Will MrArt2u come thru at the last minute with....... PUNK?!

#339 11 months ago

After 3 months of working with Slochar on new code, happy to say that Ali is finally ready for GSPF! Lots of new rules & features added to the base code. The spinner shot is now critical to gameplay, making the gameplay a lot more fun & challenging IMO. Curious to hear some feedback!

IMG_3343 (resized).jpegIMG_3343 (resized).jpeg
    #340 11 months ago

Cannot wait to get my hands on that Ali!!!

#341 11 months ago

5 days until Showtime!!!

#342 11 months ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

5 days until Showtime!!!

Man, I'm still working on my homebrew! Slow it down!

#343 11 months ago

This will be my first year attending - looking forward to bringing the family out on Saturday!

#344 11 months ago

bah. after quite a few hours of work to upgrade and dial-in Magic Castle, it's suddenly decided that it doesn't want to start a game. boots fine, runs all the tests fine, but locks up as soon as the start button is pressed. did all the easy stuff (reseated connectors and chips and checked fuses) and not gonna have time do a deep dive into it nor chance that a replacement CPU from Marco would solve it.

so i'm gonna pivot and go grab Stern Grand Prix out of storage and make sure it's 100%. ya'all gonna get the announcer screaming "Verde! Verde! Verde!" for multiball and you're gonna like it.

pic is how it looked before it came over on the slow-boat from Italy.

20170630_144846 (resized).jpg20170630_144846 (resized).jpg

#345 11 months ago
    Quoted from DBHashman93:

This will be my first year attending - looking forward to bringing the family out on Saturday!

Looking forward to meeting you

#346 11 months ago

4 days until Showtime!

#347 11 months ago

Is there interest in a very casual Ice Cold Beer tournament?? If so, let me know. Here's what I was thinking:

Setup the ICB machine in the tournament building, where I will be all weekend.
    People can play it to practice and/or just for fun Friday & Saturday until 10pm.
    It is not on freeplay but it will have a credit button.
    Tournament starts at 10pm Saturday night.
    Sign-ups from 7:00pm-8:00pm Saturday night at the pinball tournament registration table in the same building.
    $5 entry
    After last player is done, top 3 winners get paid from the entry fees based on their final score.
    1st place - 50%
    2nd place - 30%
    3rd place - 20%

This is just an idea for a casual fun thing, if people are into it, let me know. Please note that this may not happen at all and is subject to me being able to bring the machine, but if there is interest I will do my best to make it happen.

#348 11 months ago

Classic Stern Big game - sold
    Classic Stern Viper - sold
    Classic Stern Dragon Fist - sold
    Classic Stern Cheetah(prototype) $6500
    Classic Stern Cue not for sale and will be available to play at the show.
    Sleic IO Moon not for sale and will be available at the show to play
    TX sector not for sale and will be available to play at the show

Big game, Viper and Cheetah will be available to play at the show. DF will not.

#349 11 months ago
    Quoted from Jecco74:

Classic Stern Big game - sold
    Classic Stern Viper - sold
    Classic Stern Dragon Fist - sold
    Classic Stern Cheetah(prototype) $6500
    Classic Stern Cue not for sale and will be available to play at the show.
    Sleic IO Moon not for sale and will be available at the show to play
    TX sector not for sale and will be available to play at the show
    Big game, Viper and Cheetah will be available to play at the show. DF will not.

Hey Jason I'm not sure where you're setting up, but remember to save me a spot next to your Sterns. I'd love to slide my Ali beside them I'll be there Thursday morning.

#350 11 months ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

My big question is... Will MrArt2u come thru at the last minute with....... PUNK?!

Oh, man, I’m being called out! And now I have to disappoint…we can’t bring machines this year ;-(

We *just* found a way to sort of/partially sneak away from a previous commitment and come in hot for just Saturday just to see all of our pinball family again. No room for any machines but we will have our dogs with us and that little one is more PUNK than anyone I’ve ever known.

I can’t believe how close we were to missing this year! See y’all Saturday!

There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2023-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread-/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.