Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 227 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pb456
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20220604_183501508.MP (resized).jpg
    IMG_1098 (resized).JPG
    NWPAS Audits (resized).png
    IMG_9270 (resized).jpeg
    FE6ED2C2-C1AA-49BB-8B47-D4A80F866F61 (resized).jpeg
    B713848A-58D0-4A58-B4D2-7BB05B8B48DA (resized).jpeg
    B390A29B-A3EA-4CDF-B2DA-641160156F46 (resized).jpeg
    8AF2F18A-9242-4149-80C7-B7A9FB810026 (resized).jpeg
    D12429E1-D33D-4004-9AFA-1CDCD1024415 (resized).jpeg
    C8204DF5-F11D-4C73-A11B-86C0E22E8BC0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1098 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1099 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1093 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8719 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8724 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8731 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dumbass.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 2 years ago

Since the last show there may have been a number of people that have started collecting and may want to learn a little more about their machines - specifically fixing or maintaining them. There is no better way than getting exposure to machines that have issues from play. This typically happens at the show. The show used to run a "junior medic" program in years past. I do not know if the show is still doing this and/or if the show is doing it this year.

I would encourage any reader who is interested to ask the volunteer coordinator if this program is still being offered.

mailto:[email protected]

3 weeks later
    #65 1 year ago
    Quoted from AnimeDude892:

Im from Beaverton and this is 3 hours away from me. Am I still allowed to volunteer?

I don't think it matters where you are from when it comes to volunteering. Your time is your time and as long as you fulfill the requirements of what you are volunteering for you should get what the agreement states.

As mentioned ... the show runs on volunteers. Nobody at the show is (monetarily) compensated for their time or assets volunteered.

Disclaimer: I do NOT represent the show. The above statements are my own opinion.

#72 1 year ago

ChiefKC mentioned possibly picking up a blank board at the show so I figured I let everyone know that I will happily bring any blank boards that people are looking for to the show. I will not bringing anything that isn't requested so let me know (PM) if you want anything and I'll pull them and set them aside. The sooner you ask the better because if I run out I can make another fabrication order at this time and fabrication will likely be complete before the show.

I have almost NO spare time to build complete boards before the show. I would consider an exception to this if you have a machine you are planning to volunteer but it needs a replacement board. I would advise trying to get the board repaired rather than replaced because repair is almost always cheaper than replace.

For those that don't know I have:

• System 9 CPU
    • Data East CPU
    • Various System 11 boards
      • CPU
      • AUX
      • Interconnect
      • Alphanumeric Displays
      • Select game specific boards
    • Various WPC-89 boards
      • CPU
      • PWR
      • FLP
      • pre-DCS SND
      • DCS SND
    • Various WPC-95 boards
      • CPU
      • PWR
      • AV
    • Various WPC boards
      • 3-opto
      • 7-opto
      • 10-opto (both horizontal and vertical mount)
      • 16-opto (early revision - NGG and CP mount upside down)
      • Twilight Zone custom 10-opto (with 3rd magnet support)
      • Generic proximity eddy
      • Coin Door Interface (both WPC-89 and WPC-95)
      • Twilight Zone 3rd magnet piggyback (adds support for 3rd magnet to OEM board)
      • Other utilitarian boards (inquire for more information)

If you're interested please use PM. It is easier for me to track than posts in threads. Thanks.

3 weeks later
    #108 1 year ago

Just spent today moving three machines to a drop off point.

Reminder: bring your headphones (3.5mm jack) and plug into any machine of mine that has a headphone jack in the dollar bill panel. There is a switch that mutes this so if you cannot hear anything flip the switch.

I will have less machines at the show than previous years. Apologies but I am a little too busy this year to spend time preparing machines. There will however be some System 11, WPC-89 and WPC-95 favorites.

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Did you drop yours off at the NW Pinball Collective?

No. I dropped them off at a residence in south Snohomish County. Break down and wrapping is Monday.

#127 1 year ago

A huge thank you to the transportation volunteers!

#180 1 year ago

Teardown at 20:00 (8:00pm) +5 hours from show closing at 15:00 (3:00pm) when all the power was suddenly cut.

nwpas_20220606_2000.jpgnwpas_20220606_2000.jpg

This was the backbox of my Whirlwind as prepared before the show. The game lasted the entire show with ZERO maintenance. I did not open up this machine once for the entire duration of the show.

whirlwind.jpgwhirlwind.jpg

This is the backbox of my Indiana Jones after the show closed. This game lasted the show but a few loose screws required some maintenance but the boards passed for the entire duration. No problems. No resets. Happy players!

indianajones.jpgindianajones.jpg

#181 1 year ago
    Quoted from NWPinballshow:

Saturday raffle winner, proud owner of a new Williams Flash pinball game!

Congratulations on winning and congratulations on graduating to "MEDIC".

#186 1 year ago

For those interested in statistics.

I tried very hard to get my games played numbers before closing but it's impossible to get people off machines. Ultimately the power was cut and I missed three final counts. I was most excited to get the Safe Cracker count but that's just an impossibility. That game was played a lot. These are the numbers that I do have - in order of games placed on the show floor.

Twilight Zone: Friday=212, Saturday=244, Sunday=104, Total=560.
    Lord of the Rings: Friday=135, Saturday=192, Sunday=83, Total=410.
    Whirlwind: Friday=195, Saturday=229, Sunday=?, Total=?.
    The Addams Family: Friday=169, Saturday=216, Sunday=?, Total=?.
    Black Knight 2000: Friday=163, Saturday=215, Sunday=93, Total=471.
    Indiana Jones: Friday=130, Saturday=209, Sunday=85, Total=424.
    Bram Stoker's Dracula: Friday=138, Saturday=195, Sunday=100, Total=433.
    Safe Cracker: Friday=172, Saturday=197, Sunday=?, Total=?.

I don't have accurate counts of tokens dispensed. I estimate I had about 100 tokens in both tubes and I'm left with around 30 tokens. This is about what I expected - a minimum of 60 and a maximum of 80 based on 2017 and 2018 numbers.

Comparison to 2019 (the last show).

Twilight Zone: 2019=515, 2022=560.
    Lord of the Rings: 2019=437, 2022=410.
    Black Knight 2000: 2019=543, 2022=471.
    Indiana Jones: 2019=494, 2022=424.
    Bram Stoker's Dracula: 2019=621, 2022=433.

When the games missing the final counts are set up and I can get the numbers from them I'll update this. I know numbers can be boring for most people but I find them fascinating to track both usage and popularity although this is hardly a scientific method to doing that.

#200 1 year ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

We both had Elvira pinball tattoos, love Elvira Scared Stiff and met during show set up on Thursday

The message on her top was absolutely hilarious but likely NSFW depending on your tolerance to choice of words.

Also thanks to everyone who helped with set up and tear down. Many hands make light and fast work.

#206 1 year ago
    Quoted from mark532011:

On the minus side it was impossible to hear any of the games. There isn't anything that can be done about it (though I notice a few people had brought headphones but I have no idea how many machines were compatible - perhaps some kind of sign or something would help) but its strange not nearing any of the iconic music or callouts during gameplay.

Quoted from DumbAss:

Reminder: bring your headphones (3.5mm jack) and plug into any machine of mine that has a headphone jack in the dollar bill panel. There is a switch that mutes this so if you cannot hear anything flip the switch.

I know it's after the fact but there's always the next show!

1 month later
    #225 1 year ago
    Quoted from RobF:

Care to post your numbers here?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2022-northwest-pinball-amp-arcade-show-thread-6-3-6-5/page/4#post-6963375

I forgot to get final numbers for Addams and Safe Cracker. They are set up. Whirlwind remains packed so I am unable to get that final number. I should probably present the information in a tabulated form but this forum doesn't use a monospaced font so it may just be an image. I have numbers from several shows going back several years so I can provide more comparison if desired.

Quoted from RobF:

I do enjoy nerding out over the numbers...

If you don't measure ... you don't know.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dumbass.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2022-northwest-pinball-amp-arcade-show-thread-6-3-6-5?tu=dumbass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.