Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ourdave76
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D5BB16B2-95D6-4FD9-9AFE-D32ED91B3CEC (resized).jpeg
    A2A3CA6E-0D9E-44F5-ADE5-00220E1DC89A (resized).jpeg
    FC16CD37-B922-4A9B-8CC3-E71F8DFF8E85 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20220530_001547391 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220530_001611179.MP_2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220530_002641313.MP_2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220530_001437402.MP_2 (resized).jpg
    tshirt1 (resized).jpg
    tshirt3 (resized).jpg
    06821AE3-8ED3-4349-9467-CB3C4A9907A3 (resized).jpeg
    4196499A-99A5-46D4-97C4-9512619EC2BC (resized).jpeg
    20220517_170324 (resized).jpg
    10F8ED08-B3DC-4161-90BD-0E11881FF1A8 (resized).jpeg
    5433148F-B35C-4ACF-BFA7-B790EB0AA42D (resized).jpeg
    BA9B02C8-5A4A-48E2-997F-F7A134A1A859 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20220513_183402_2 (resized).jpg
    There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.
    #251 1 year ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

As someone who has donated hundreds and hundreds of hours of my free time to the show this post can’t help but feel like sour grapes. I’m not even on the high end as I know people that have put in THOUSANDS of hours of their time into the show over the years. People that take an entire week off from work to set up and break down the show. It’s not something that just gets worked on a few weeks before the show but practically year round. Every single person that works on this show is a volunteer. We all have jobs. Families. At times it can be enormously stressful, you wouldn’t believe the amount of emails I had to go back and forth with a company just to order lanyards to give to people for bringing their games. I wanted to tear my hair out.
    Why do I do it? For the love of the game, wanting others to have the best time possible. For the friendship and camaraderie I have found with others. I have made some of the best friends of my life volunteering for this show and that to me is more valuable than any wristband. We literally cannot make the show happen without our volunteers and I am beyond grateful for every last one of them, wether it be someone that shows up a couple hours early to wipe down glass, or be it someone that builds and maintains our website out of the goodness of their heart, I value every last one of them.
    Volunteering should never be about a reward other than the reward of new skills learned and the self satisfaction of a job well done.

This

#252 1 year ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

WTF People? 166 games pledged? That's it???
    We oughta be double that with less than two weeks to go.
    C'mon, let's see some contribution!
    In '19 we had over 300, I think...
    Stoked that Larry Z is bringing that beauty Reserve again this year.
    Just a little cheerleading...

In reading other festival threads and listening to pinball podcasts, a common theme seems to be the skyrocketing cost/value of newer pins. The price of a new Stern Pro has doubled since I bought my first NIB pin. It seems that some people are reluctant to bring their pins to shows for fear of damage.

As someone who has donated hundreds and hundreds of hours of my free time to the show this post can’t help but feel like sour grapes. I’m not even on the high end as I know people that have put in THOUSANDS of hours of their time into the show over the years. People that take an entire week off from work to set up and break down the show. It’s not something that just gets worked on a few weeks before the show but practically year round. Every single person that works on this show is a volunteer. We all have jobs. Families. At times it can be enormously stressful, you wouldn’t believe the amount of emails I had to go back and forth with a company just to order lanyards to give to people for bringing their games. I wanted to tear my hair out.
    Why do I do it? For the love of the game, wanting others to have the best time possible. For the friendship and camaraderie I have found with others. I have made some of the best friends of my life volunteering for this show and that to me is more valuable than any wristband. We literally cannot make the show happen without our volunteers and I am beyond grateful for every last one of them, wether it be someone that shows up a couple hours early to wipe down glass, or be it someone that builds and maintains our website out of the goodness of their heart, I value every last one of them.
    Volunteering should never be about a reward other than the reward of new skills learned and the self satisfaction of a job well done.

As always...well stated, my friend.

#253 1 year ago

Agreed. Not everyone can bring their $30,000 pinball machine to the show. So buy a couple of EMs, fix them up, and contribute to a show that helps everyone.

Every thread about a show has this concern. Prices are too high on your machine. 2015 TAF = $4000. 2022 TAF = $10,000. Contribute what you can either time wise, Raffle contributions, volunteer for set up or closing, etc.

Whatever you can do to help a show is valued and appreciated.

#254 1 year ago

So for someone traveling 15 hours by car to get there it would be nice to know if this is a bust for the companies attending that are showing the machines most want to get some time on to consider buying? Its getting close and if machines are half of what normally is here and very few companies attending it certainly would be nice to know now

#255 1 year ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

So for someone traveling 15 hours by car to get there it would be nice to know if this is a bust for the companies attending that are showing the machines most want to get some time on to consider buying? Its getting close and if machines are half of what normally is here and very few companies attending it certainly would be nice to know now

So currently I know there will be new Sterns for sale in the Marco/Pirate booth. I also believe some of the remakes will be for sale and some American Pinball. There will be plenty of used games for sale including my Medusa. All of those machines will be on free play. We do not allow machines to not be on free play except for rare occasions i.e. NIB, rare, etc...

#256 1 year ago

(Now working on other machines. Withdraw comment.)

The games list is not showing for me. Windows 10 with Chrome browser.

Similar error as before?

Added 23 months ago:

Working well

#257 1 year ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

The games list is not showing for me. Windows 10 with Chrome browser.
    Similar error as before?

Currently working for me 12:41P PST

#258 1 year ago

Amen, brother! The show should always be what you can give to make the show better not what you can get from the show to make it more convenient for you, if you have a hardship the GSPF is always willing to assist where reasonably possible. I can't wait to see my fellow pin heads once again but more than that I can not wait to see the countless smiles and aura of excitement from the all the show attendees, see you all in 11 days!

#259 1 year ago

...and speaking of expensive games, I saw that there is a Godzilla LE added to the show games.

If that isn't the hottest game at the moment and someone is taking the time to bring it to the show, then I really do not know what to say.

Except: Thank you!

#260 1 year ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Just looked, and the MFP peeps are representing big time!
    Up to 176!

Looks like the sign up list got some traction these past 48 hours! Great to see the MFP machine sign ups and I am absolutely thrilled to see that TOTAN was registered today, perhaps I'll get a chance to finally play it outside of V-Pin game remakes! I am really debating on bringing a 10th machine if time and space permits...... we will see.

#261 1 year ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

...and speaking of expensive games, I saw that there is a Godzilla LE added to the show games.
    If that isn't the hottest game at the moment and someone is taking the time to bring it to the show, then I really do not know what to say.
    Except: Thank you!

Thanks for your help, we'll get to the bottom of this.

#262 1 year ago

Looks like we just squeaked past 200 games being signed up! Not included is our first of two raffle machines, Space Shuttle! For just $5 you could win this game and make this years show out of this world! If you think we’re done though you’d be wrong, the other raffle game will have you rushing to buy a ticket once the show starts.

37BF4B91-7166-462A-81A3-C704BED0177A (resized).jpeg37BF4B91-7166-462A-81A3-C704BED0177A (resized).jpeg
    #263 1 year ago
    Quoted from GoldenStatePin:

Looks like we just squeaked past 200 games being signed up! Not included is our first of two raffle machines, Space Shuttle! For just $5 you could win this game and make this years show out of this world! If you think we’re done though you’d be wrong, the other raffle game will have you rushing to buy a ticket once the show starts.
    [quoted image]

Ha! That’s the 10th machine I might bring (not to raffle of course!). Great game and a wonderful raffle prize!

#264 1 year ago
    Quoted from 72Devilz:

Ha! That’s the 10th machine I might bring (not to raffle of course!). Great game and a wonderful raffle prize!

Ten games! Can’t thank you enough! You rule!!

#265 1 year ago

Ten games! Can’t thank you enough! You rule!!

What he said!
    Ok. Now we're starting to get somewhere...

#266 1 year ago

Oh man, a Space Shuttle for the raffle? I'll definitely be buying lots of raffle tickets for that one! Well done!

#267 1 year ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Oh man, a Space Shuttle for the raffle? I'll definitely be buying lots of raffle tickets for that one! Well done!

+10 tickets please.

#268 1 year ago

Tell ‘em Steve-Dave!

#269 1 year ago

I might go with a 4th machine now, just to take up the slack, since nobody be biting on Genie.
    Since Bovenzi's bringing an Oh Boy to the show for us to gamble on, I got room for another for the floor. Flipper Football has to stay in the camp for 2-6 way gambling and adult mode, but I'm thinking mebbe my Bally Expressway might hafta make its GSPF debut.

Might even risk my beloved Teacher's Pet since I ain't seen one at a show since like '15 at CAX. Mine's never left my place since I brought it home from O-Din's in '16. Might be worth fewer dollars than modern, over-valued machines, but arguably more difficult to find to buy and more challenging and fun, and definitely impossible to play anywhere but a show like this or a friend of a friend's house.

F it.. TP is incoming!

#270 1 year ago
    Quoted from steve-o:

I believe that I have read somewhere that there was going to be NIB Sterns to play/buy

Pinball Pirate The Avengers Infinity Quest (Pro) Stern
    Pinball Pirate The Avengers Infinity Quest (Premium) Stern
    Pinball Pirate The Avengers Infinity Quest (Premium) Stern
    Pinball Pirate Godzilla (Pro) Stern
    Pinball Pirate Godzilla (Pro) Stern
    Pinball Pirate Godzilla (Premium) Stern
    Pinball Pirate Godzilla (Premium) Stern
    Pinball Pirate Star Wars The Mandalorian (Pro) Stern
    Pinball Pirate Star Wars The Mandalorian (Pro) Stern
    Pinball Pirate Star Wars The Mandalorian (Premium) Stern
    Pinball Pirate Star Wars The Mandalorian (Premium) Stern
    Pinball Pirate Rush (Pro) Stern
    Pinball Pirate Rush (Premium) Stern

#271 1 year ago

Some of the Pirate's games were listed out of alphabetic order. It's even better:
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#272 1 year ago

Pinball Pirate coming in hawt!

#273 1 year ago

My Sublimation keychain blanks arrived today, time for some last minute details!

FF4164EF-306C-4D82-9BBA-EE40D54DB949 (resized).jpegFF4164EF-306C-4D82-9BBA-EE40D54DB949 (resized).jpeg

1CFC74E5-5D44-4768-8AF4-351F5FF9501E (resized).jpeg1CFC74E5-5D44-4768-8AF4-351F5FF9501E (resized).jpeg
    #274 1 year ago

Very nice a space shuttle! I will be buying tickets…

#275 1 year ago

Bump...

Is there anyone here planning to drive down from Oregon or Washington?

I intend on bringing a system 1 machine that is currently at a friends house in NorCal, and it needs a ride north on I-5 after the show.

#276 1 year ago

Enlisted some help from friends to get more games to the show. Need more Spooky!

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle
    TNA
    Rob Zombie
    Gorgar (to be with his brother)
    Paragon
    Skateball

#277 1 year ago

Who wants to win a RUSH PRO PINBALL MACHINE?!

Thanks to the Pinball Pirate for this incredibly generous donation for our pinball raffle! We ❤️ you!

Tickets will only be $5 for your chance to take this home! Tickets can only be purchased at the show and you must be present to win.

First Drawing Saturday @ 5:30 PM Winner’s Choice of Game: Rush or Space Shuttle

Second Drawing Sunday @ 4:30 PM for whichever game was not chosen on Saturday. Tickets roll over from Saturday.

The Northern California Pinball Association wants to make this a memorable experience for our guests so the NCPA will pay the taxes on the Rush Pro Pinball Machine. So enter early and often and good luck!

3E60E40F-98EC-40D6-91A5-6F0D797C6EF0 (resized).jpeg3E60E40F-98EC-40D6-91A5-6F0D797C6EF0 (resized).jpeg
    #278 1 year ago

Who wants to win a RUSH PRO PINBALL MACHINE?!
    Thanks to the Pinball Pirate for this incredibly generous donation for our pinball raffle! We ❤️ you!
    Tickets will only be $5 for your chance to take this home! Tickets can only be purchased at the show and you must be present to win.
    First Drawing Saturday @ 5:30 PM Winner’s Choice of Game: Rush or Space Shuttle
    Second Drawing Sunday @ 4:30 PM for whichever game was not chosen on Saturday. Tickets roll over from Saturday.
    The Northern California Pinball Association wants to make this a memorable experience for our guests so the NCPA will pay the taxes on the Rush Pro Pinball Machine. So enter early and often and good luck!
    [quoted image]

What a spectacular way of separating all of us from our money, I will certainly be buying some raffle tickets. I’d love to say that one of those will be mine!

C04E0294-F9B1-47D1-B477-EBB6F971620E (resized).jpegC04E0294-F9B1-47D1-B477-EBB6F971620E (resized).jpeg
    #279 1 year ago

I wish I didn't live 2600 miles away, because I would totally bring some games, but I am just happy to be able to travel back to California to attend my home show!
    Looking forward to seeing some of yall I haven't seen in a few years!

#280 1 year ago
    Quoted from itsokay:

Looking forward to seeing some of yall I haven't seen in a few years!

Yeah Baby... Can't wait to party witchu, Kyle!

#281 1 year ago

Here is the official Pinball Glass Preorder instructions. Since we sold glass last fall at PAGG there have been two price increases from our glass suppliers. I cannot stress this enough the price on glass is going up. Add on the cost of shipping and the risk of breakage, buying glass at Golden State is a real deal.

The preorder price is $45 for regular playfield glass, $50 for widebody glass, and we are keeping the price the same at $240 for HD glass.

The show price will be $50 for regular glass, $55 for widebody and $250 for HD glass.

For small orders no deposit is required. Glass is heavy so please order what you intend to pickup. For large orders we may require a small deposit just to confirm the order. We did sell out of several glass sizes at PAGG so preordering is a good idea. We do not have any more of the old stock IPB glass.

Please send your preorder requests and questions to [email protected]. Renosales is our reseller that will be handling the glass sales at Golden State.

#282 1 year ago
    Quoted from PPS_Parts:

Here is the official Pinball Glass Preorder instructions. Since we sold glass last fall at PAGG there have been two price increases from our glass suppliers. I cannot stress this enough the price on glass is going up. Add on the cost of shipping and the risk of breakage, buying glass at Golden State is a real deal.
    The preorder price is $45 for regular playfield glass, $50 for widebody glass, and we are keeping the price the same at $240 for HD glass.
    The show price will be $50 for regular glass, $55 for widebody and $250 for HD glass.
    For small orders no deposit is required. Glass is heavy so please order what you intend to pickup. For large orders we may require a small deposit just to confirm the order. We did sell out of several glass sizes at PAGG so preordering is a good idea. We do not have any more of the old stock IPB glass.
    Please send your preorder requests and questions to [email protected]. Renosales is our reseller that will be handling the glass sales at Golden State.

Sweet news!!

#283 1 year ago

How many days???????
    NINE DAYS UNTIL SHOWTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#285 1 year ago

Here is my Alvin G Soccer that will be at the show. It would be cool to have a head to head tournament on it. I have adjusted it to get both sides equal in performance.

9B15530D-3E78-4276-9B23-BF33FBF970D0 (resized).jpeg9B15530D-3E78-4276-9B23-BF33FBF970D0 (resized).jpeg
    #286 1 year ago
    Quoted from AD72:

Here is my Alvin G Soccer that will be at the show.

Let's goooo! That looks killer! Where TF did you get that?

#287 1 year ago
    Quoted from AD72:

Here is my Alvin G Soccer that will be at the show. It would be cool to have a head to head tournament on it. I have adjusted it to get both sides equal in performance. [quoted image]

Super rare game and super awesome of you to share it with everyone!
    Thank you.

#288 1 year ago
    Quoted from AD72:

Here is my Alvin G Soccer that will be at the show. It would be cool to have a head to head tournament on it. I have adjusted it to get both sides equal in performance. [quoted image]

Can’t wait to try that one! That would pair nicely with Joust Pinball!

#289 1 year ago
    Quoted from PPS_Parts:

Are we able to order parts for pickup at the show, too? Or is it just glass only? Just curious...

#290 1 year ago

F.Y.I. Rob Zombie will be at the Silverball campground on adult play!! C U all there!!!

#293 1 year ago
    Quoted from EEE:

Bump...
    Is there anyone here planning to drive down from Oregon or Washington?
    I intend on bringing a system 1 machine that is currently at a friends house in NorCal, and it needs a ride north on I-5 after the show.

Maybe holler at Pdxmonkey ?

No idea if he'll have room or not but worth dropping him a message.

#294 1 year ago

Started folding up the pins today. I'm bringing Torpedo Alley and Swords of Fury (bought from the Museum of Pinball).

See you guys Friday!

Who else is going to the Flippin' Friday Kick-Off Dinner?

#295 1 year ago
    Quoted from 72Devilz:Can’t wait to try that one! That would pair nicely with Joust Pinball!

I built a Joust and would bring it but I don't have a vehicle that can carry multiple machines.

#296 1 year ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Let's goooo! That looks killer! Where TF did you get that?

Thanks! I had it shipped from Illinois. The power supply board needed a complete rebuild but the playfield is in amazing shape. I installed Comet LEDs in the playfield and it looks a lot better.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alvin-g-soccer-2#post-6913269

Looking forward to seeing people play it at the show! I brought it to work and we play at lunchtime.

#297 1 year ago

We are T-7 days and counting people!!!!!!
    One week until Showtime!!!
    We are in the home stretch.

#298 1 year ago
    Quoted from AD72:

I built a Joust and would bring it but I don't have a vehicle that can carry multiple machines.

Do you want to bring AG Soccer to my house this weekend? I can bring it along with Twister to the show. Then you could bring Joust to the show.

#299 1 year ago
    Quoted from cobra18t:

Do you want to bring AG Soccer to my house this weekend? I can bring it along with Twister to the show. Then you could bring Joust to the show.

Thanks @cobra18t! I still need to find a way to bring Alien to the show as well. I plan one trip up to Davis this weekend to bring AG Soccer. Anyone in the Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon area able to fit a pin?

#300 1 year ago

Staging has begun, 2 down and 7 maybe 8 to go!

F8D1A88C-F82A-4BAB-9BFC-6388DEAA0594 (resized).jpegF8D1A88C-F82A-4BAB-9BFC-6388DEAA0594 (resized).jpeg
    There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2022-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread/page/6?hl=cobra18t and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.