Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ourdave76
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D5BB16B2-95D6-4FD9-9AFE-D32ED91B3CEC (resized).jpeg
    A2A3CA6E-0D9E-44F5-ADE5-00220E1DC89A (resized).jpeg
    FC16CD37-B922-4A9B-8CC3-E71F8DFF8E85 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20220530_001547391 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220530_001611179.MP_2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220530_002641313.MP_2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220530_001437402.MP_2 (resized).jpg
    tshirt1 (resized).jpg
    tshirt3 (resized).jpg
    06821AE3-8ED3-4349-9467-CB3C4A9907A3 (resized).jpeg
    4196499A-99A5-46D4-97C4-9512619EC2BC (resized).jpeg
    20220517_170324 (resized).jpg
    10F8ED08-B3DC-4161-90BD-0E11881FF1A8 (resized).jpeg
    5433148F-B35C-4ACF-BFA7-B790EB0AA42D (resized).jpeg
    BA9B02C8-5A4A-48E2-997F-F7A134A1A859 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20220513_183402_2 (resized).jpg
    There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
    #201 2 years ago

Attention Pinheads!!!

We are T-34 days and counting!!!
    Woooooooooooo!

#202 2 years ago

Going to try and make it out on sunday for my first event ever.

#203 2 years ago

Tournament volunteers needed!!!

Want to help make this years tournament the best ever? Want five free entries to the main tournament in addition to those you purchased increasing maximum entry count to thirty five? Well go check out our tournament page for more info and to sign up now!!

https://www.goldenstatepinball.org/tournament/

*note that these volunteer spots do not qualify for free entry to the show itself like other spots do.

6AA05CB3-A9A4-4EED-8330-41BAB384B4EB (resized).jpeg6AA05CB3-A9A4-4EED-8330-41BAB384B4EB (resized).jpeg
    #204 2 years ago

I've decided that I would not be a good pinball owner/enthusiast if I didn't bring a couple games to Golden State. Problem is I don't have a vehicle capable or appropriate to bring games to the festival. I live about 15 minutes from the festival grounds and I work from home so I'm pretty flexible as far as my time is concerned. Of the games I own and looking at what's already on the list I think it makes most sense for me to bring my Sopranos and my Star Wars.

Question is... Does someone have a vehicle that could transport these at the appropriate times (and of course bring back to my house after the show!), and wouldn't mind loading them up and unloading (with my help of course!)? Happy to do my part but need a little help. I could rent a truck, but then I'd still need help with the loading, so figure I should ask here...

#205 2 years ago

GSPF- Is there an online list of vendors for the ‘22 show? I believe that I have read somewhere that there was going to be NIB Sterns to play/buy, but I have yet to see a vendor list posted. Any special GSPF buys, parts, mods, board repairs, special guest seminars, etc?
    Thanks

#206 2 years ago

I would assume Marco will be there as they always have. I saw that Marco had posted that they had Rush and Mandalorian for sale at some other show. Being what the state of Stern is right now and their production setbacks, I assume this would apply to the GSPF show as well. This is just my assumption.

#207 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I have info on show special games. PM me for info

Quoted from steve-o:

GSPF- Is there an online list of vendors for the ‘22 show? I believe that I have read somewhere that there was going to be NIB Sterns to play/buy, but I have yet to see a vendor list posted. Any special GSPF buys, parts, mods, board repairs, special guest seminars, etc?
    Thanks

Although there are show games listed as of now we don't know if any are available to sell. There will be AIQs, GZs, Mando and Rush's at the Marco booth but we don't know if any are still available. We'll know more after they go through the wait list on them.

#208 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Although there are show games listed as of now we don't know if any are available to sell. There will be AIQs, GZs, Mando and Rush's at the Marco booth but we don't know if any are still available. We'll know more after they go through the wait list on them.

Would’ve been nice to know about the floor games from Marco when you posted the show deal. I responded almost immediately and you told me “AIQ, gz, Mando and Rush pro and prem from pinball pirate at MSRP plus tax”. Didn’t seem like much of a deal except for the games actually being available.

#209 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Would’ve been nice to know about the floor games from Marco when you posted the show deal. I responded almost immediately and you told me “AIQ, gz, Mando and Rush pro and prem from pinball pirate at MSRP plus tax”. Didn’t seem like much of a deal except for the games actually being available.

yeah I didn't know either.

#210 2 years ago

It looks like I get to be there on Saturday. This is my favorite show, now that banning is gone.

Rock and roll!

Me and this guy! That’s surfinvet from pinside visiting me when I almost died six years ago. Riding north from oc in the near future…

5E3D93CD-9D1F-47C6-A86B-7DE8A8B5E1C6 (resized).jpeg5E3D93CD-9D1F-47C6-A86B-7DE8A8B5E1C6 (resized).jpeg

#211 2 years ago

We are T-30 DAYS!!!!!!
    We are so close!!!
    See you there!

#212 2 years ago

C'mon guys sign up them machines, we can do far better than 144!

#213 2 years ago

we are T-28 days and a wake up pinheads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#214 2 years ago

FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!
    You asked for it !
    You got it!
    Spark's bbq is on!!!!!!!!!
    Sparky will only be there in spirit this year.
    So JJ Babich and George Gonzalez are putting on the event.
    www.tinyurl.com/sparkybbq2022

#215 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!
    You asked for it !
    You got it!
    Spark's bbq is on!!!!!!!!!
    Sparky will only be there in spirit this year.
    So JJ Babich and George Gonzalez are putting on the event.
    www.tinyurl.com/sparkybbq2022

Clickable link:

http://tinyurl.com/sparkybbq2022

#216 2 years ago

Signed up for 2 EZ Ups and Water Bottles/Ice/Coolers!

#217 2 years ago

Man im really going to miss seeing Mark, he’s one of the good ones! It’s been a few years now that we haven’t got to partake in this killer bbq however I know JJ & George will keep up tradition! Thanks guys for keeping this going.
    Harley D

#218 2 years ago

T-27 Days until Showtime!!!!

#219 2 years ago

T-26 days until Showtime!!

#220 2 years ago

Reservations are open for the Flippin' Friday Kick-off Dinner. You can sign up here: https://www.goldenstatepinball.org/events/#dinner

#221 2 years ago
    Quoted from steve-o:

Thanks

Planetary Pinball / Bay Area Amusements will have a booth at GSPF. We will have some preorder specials to post shortly on pinball glass and other items. We will also be showing a few of the remake pinball kits as well in our booth.

#222 2 years ago
    Quoted from PPS_Parts:

Planetary Pinball / Bay Area Amusements will have a booth at GSPF. We will have some preorder specials to post shortly on pinball glass and other items. We will also be showing a few of the remake pinball kits as well in our booth.

Sweet! New playfield glass!!!

#223 2 years ago

PPS at GSPF is great! I have spent too much money in their booth at PAGG!

#224 2 years ago

T-24 Days until Showtime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#225 2 years ago

We are very excited to announce that EZPinball will have a booth at Golden State Pinball Festival this year. Please stop by our booth and introduce yourself.

We will have a limited supply of standard-body Classic Stern (77-85) cabinets both Flat-Pack and pre-assembled ready for you to take home. This cabinet is also an excellent choice for virtual or homebrew pinball projects as well. Assembles quickly with just a few hand tools (see website for details.)

Pre-Purchase from us directly to gurantee a spot on the truck for free shipping to the show.

We also have light insert panels available for Seawitch and Star Gazer along with some other unique items not available elsewhere.

Never heard of us? Please check us out at www.ezpinball.com or drop us a line [email protected]

Looking forward to a great show and seeing you at Golden State Pinball Festival!

#226 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Reservations are open for the Flippin' Friday Kick-off Dinner. You can sign up here: https://www.goldenstatepinball.org/events/#dinner

HEY YOU!!!!
    Ya, you. you need to cruise on over and reserve your seats for the Flippin Friday kick off dinner!
    The food will be AMAZING as always. and you will get to be there to celebrate the life and legacy of Steve Charland with the presentation of the Steve Charland spirit award.
    See you there.
    Oh,23 days until SHOWTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#227 1 year ago

Big shout out to our tournament sponsor The Flipper Room! Not only do they have one of the best line ups in the Bay Area, not only do they do some amazing framing, but now they have a beer! Go check out their page for more info and for an event they are putting on tonight!

Want to be part of our Stern Pinball pro circuit tournament this year? Check out the tournament section of our website for more info on that, our match play and women’s tournament! volunteer scorekeepers still needed as well!

https://www.goldenstatepinball.org/tournament/

E464C71A-0F67-4711-A81C-C9D7FFC37C19 (resized).jpegE464C71A-0F67-4711-A81C-C9D7FFC37C19 (resized).jpeg
    #228 1 year ago

I can attest to the fact that the Degenerate Pinhead beer tastes great!

#229 1 year ago

20 Days!!!!!!!
    Oh, it’s getting close.
    See you all there.

#230 1 year ago

17 Days until Showtime!!!!!!

#231 1 year ago

14 days and a wake up. 2 weeks until showtime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#232 1 year ago

I am only able to bring one game this year, but I will bring some CobraPin pinball controller hardware to the swap meet! Stop by if you want to chat and/or purchase.

See you there!

#233 1 year ago

I'm busy tuning up games and expect others to be doing the same! Bring games!

#234 1 year ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

I'm busy tuning up games and expect others to be doing the same! Bring games!

Same here! My Demo man is getting a nice clean and wax with new rubbers, LEDs, color DMD, and new code! Come check it out at the tournament.

7FD5E305-BEEA-4844-B7E1-FBB499DB57A1 (resized).jpeg7FD5E305-BEEA-4844-B7E1-FBB499DB57A1 (resized).jpeg
    #235 1 year ago
    Quoted from cobra18t:

I am only able to bring one game this year, but I will bring some CobraPin pinball controller hardware to the swap meet! Stop by if you want to chat and/or purchase.

See you there!

Awesome! The cobrapin based Middle Earth 2.0 will be there, too!

#236 1 year ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Awesome! The cobrapin based Middle Earth 2.0 will be there, too!

I look forward to playing it! My friend played it at the Flipper Room the other day and said you did a great job.

#237 1 year ago

Just helped soldier up 6 system 80s

PXL_20220501_014121765 (resized).jpgPXL_20220501_014121765 (resized).jpg
    #239 1 year ago

I'm putting in a few hours a day to get my Spirit of 76 up and running. Getting closer and closer! If anybody has a '70's Gottlieb lockdown bar available, my So76 absolutely needs one. Like, literally, I didn't get one with the game!

#240 1 year ago

The Gspf site is giving me that error that won't show the games list!

#241 1 year ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

The Gspf site is giving me that error that won't show the games list!

Doing it to me too I'll take a look

#243 1 year ago

Any word from planetary about ordering glass to be delivered at the show?
    thgx

#244 1 year ago
    Quoted from izzy:

Any word from planetary about ordering glass to be delivered at the show?
    thgx

I sent them a follow up asking about that

#245 1 year ago

WTF People? 166 games pledged? That's it???
    We oughta be double that with less than two weeks to go.
    C'mon, let's see some contribution!
    In '19 we had over 300, I think...

Stoked that Larry Z is bringing that beauty Reserve again this year.

Just a little cheerleading...

#246 1 year ago

Just looked, and the MFP peeps are representing big time!
    Up to 176!

#247 1 year ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

WTF People? 166 games pledged? That's it???
    We oughta be double that with less than two weeks to go.
    C'mon, let's see some contribution!
    In '19 we had over 300

I really think GSPF should rethink their policy about bringing games. I could bring one, but it feels insulting that I would end up making at least one, probably two extra two-hour round trip drives, spend time breaking down, loading, unloading, setting up, risk damage to my machine and still have to wait in line and pay admission to the show. Bringing one game equals at least seven hours of my time. The last time I brought one, it got damaged (one major mechanical breakdown from being played almost 300 times over the weekend and a bunch of heavy scratches in the playfield glass which necessitated replacement). I understand the physical risks associated with bringing games and am willing to accept that for the greater good of the festival. I am no longer willing to accept having to then go wait in line and pay to attend the festival like anybody else who did nothing to help.

Ditto for the volunteer shifts. I’d sign up for one but my life does not afford the luxury of donating more than one shift. Again, a single shift also includes a two hour drive and unpaid time off work. And guess what? Yep, I’d still have to go wait in line and pay to attend like anybody else who did nothing. Did that a couple times. Considering this is a charity event, I really think you guys could be more generous with your volunteers. One game or one shift should really be sufficient to earn yourself a wristband for the weekend or at least for a single day of your choice.

Don’t get me wrong. I appreciate the immense amount of work that the organizers put in. I am grateful to have not one but two great pinball festivals in Northern California. I’m glad to see the festival continuing, but I’ll need to see a change in policy before bringing a game or volunteering again.

#248 1 year ago

Can’t wait!! Will be posting up the pinside name badge and lanyard thread soon!
    JJ

#249 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Can’t wait!! Will be posting up the pinside name badge and lanyard thread soon!
    JJ

Hey JJ. Will Rob be setting up a booth and doing board work?
    Thanks

#250 1 year ago
    Quoted from HereToStay:

I really think GSPF should rethink their policy about bringing games. I could bring one, but it feels insulting that I would end up making at least one, probably two extra two-hour round trip drives, spend time breaking down, loading, unloading, setting up, risk damage to my machine and still have to wait in line and pay admission to the show. Bringing one game equals at least seven hours of my time. The last time I brought one, it got damaged (one major mechanical breakdown from being played almost 300 times over the weekend and a bunch of heavy scratches in the playfield glass which necessitated replacement). I understand the physical risks associated with bringing games and am willing to accept that for the greater good of the festival. I am no longer willing to accept having to then go wait in line and pay to attend the festival like anybody else who did nothing to help.
    Ditto for the volunteer shifts. I’d sign up for one but my life does not afford the luxury of donating more than one shift. Again, a single shift also includes a two hour drive and unpaid time off work. And guess what? Yep, I’d still have to go wait in line and pay to attend like anybody else who did nothing. Did that a couple times. Considering this is a charity event, I really think you guys could be more generous with your volunteers. One game or one shift should really be sufficient to earn yourself a wristband for the weekend or at least for a single day of your choice.
    Don’t get me wrong. I appreciate the immense amount of work that the organizers put in. I am grateful to have not one but two great pinball festivals in Northern California. I’m glad to see the festival continuing, but I’ll need to see a change in policy before bringing a game or volunteering again.

As someone who has donated hundreds and hundreds of hours of my free time to the show this post can’t help but feel like sour grapes. I’m not even on the high end as I know people that have put in THOUSANDS of hours of their time into the show over the years. People that take an entire week off from work to set up and break down the show. It’s not something that just gets worked on a few weeks before the show but practically year round. Every single person that works on this show is a volunteer. We all have jobs. Families. At times it can be enormously stressful, you wouldn’t believe the amount of emails I had to go back and forth with a company just to order lanyards to give to people for bringing their games. I wanted to tear my hair out.

Why do I do it? For the love of the game, wanting others to have the best time possible. For the friendship and camaraderie I have found with others. I have made some of the best friends of my life volunteering for this show and that to me is more valuable than any wristband. We literally cannot make the show happen without our volunteers and I am beyond grateful for every last one of them, wether it be someone that shows up a couple hours early to wipe down glass, or be it someone that builds and maintains our website out of the goodness of their heart, I value every last one of them.

Volunteering should never be about a reward other than the reward of new skills learned and the self satisfaction of a job well done.

There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2022-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread/page/5?hl=cobra18t and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.