Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ourdave76
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D5BB16B2-95D6-4FD9-9AFE-D32ED91B3CEC (resized).jpeg
    A2A3CA6E-0D9E-44F5-ADE5-00220E1DC89A (resized).jpeg
    FC16CD37-B922-4A9B-8CC3-E71F8DFF8E85 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20220530_001547391 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220530_001611179.MP_2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220530_002641313.MP_2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220530_001437402.MP_2 (resized).jpg
    tshirt1 (resized).jpg
    tshirt3 (resized).jpg
    06821AE3-8ED3-4349-9467-CB3C4A9907A3 (resized).jpeg
    4196499A-99A5-46D4-97C4-9512619EC2BC (resized).jpeg
    20220517_170324 (resized).jpg
    10F8ED08-B3DC-4161-90BD-0E11881FF1A8 (resized).jpeg
    5433148F-B35C-4ACF-BFA7-B790EB0AA42D (resized).jpeg
    BA9B02C8-5A4A-48E2-997F-F7A134A1A859 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20220513_183402_2 (resized).jpg
    There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
    #101 2 years ago

I have a problem this year. My parents sold the trailer I usually bring. I think I may be able to rent one at the base I work at, but there’s no guarantee. So I may be giving away my spot next to fireball2 this year.

#102 2 years ago

I've got access to a Mini-Winnie that I could use for the weekend, but there are two issues: 1) There probably won't be any spots available in Camp Silverball and more importantly, 2) The door is WAY too narrow to get a pin in there.

If someone knows how to get a pin through one of those skinny RV doors, I'm all ears! Tentatively the TAF and TZ would be the only problems. I've got a Spirit of '76 and a pre-war Bally Reserve that I'm sure will fit, but I'm not sure if I can get those done in time for the show.

#103 2 years ago

Going out on a limb here, but with the stand up crew that is GSPF, I’m guessing that Camp Silverball reservations rolling over from 2020 and then 2021 will roll into 2022? I’d like to think of my reservations as a legacy season ticket, like a Lambeau Field of pinball.

[No Whammy!….No Whammy]

#104 2 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

Going out on a limb here, but with the stand up crew that is GSPF, I’m guessing that Camp Silverball reservations rolling over from 2020 and then 2021 will roll into 2022? I’d like to think of my reservations as a legacy season ticket, like a Lambeau Field of pinball.
    [No Whammy!….No Whammy]

Yep nailed it. Everyone who paid back in 2020 has been rolled over to this year's show. I suspect some folks may not be able to attend or no longer have an RV so I am hopeful a few spots open up. But there is already a waiting list of folks that want so snap those up. If interested I highly recommend you reach out. All the Camp Silverball info can be found here: http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/camp-silverball/

#105 2 years ago

Here is a link to get on the waitlist: https://forms.gle/zvKr3ecmu48ZuoTj8

(only needed if you didn't already pay for a site in 2020)

#106 2 years ago

Well played, yes indeed.

You had me at “yep”!

#107 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Here is a link to get on the waitlist: https://forms.gle/zvKr3ecmu48ZuoTj8
    (only needed if you didn't already pay for a site in 2020)

Ooh, that form's header has a nice little sneak peek at this year's logo!

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

I've got access to a Mini-Winnie that I could use for the weekend, but there are two issues: 1) There probably won't be any spots available in Camp Silverball and more importantly, 2) The door is WAY too narrow to get a pin in there.
    If someone knows how to get a pin through one of those skinny RV doors, I'm all ears! Tentatively the TAF and TZ would be the only problems. I've got a Spirit of '76 and a pre-war Bally Reserve that I'm sure will fit, but I'm not sure if I can get those done in time for the show.

I take it that this is a class C rv? Does it have a trailer hitch you could attache a small utility trail to? This might be easier than trying to get the games inside the RV.

#109 2 years ago

After a wee bit of teasing on the socials, the Golden State Pinball Festival is excited to unveil our official 2022 show poster. Big shout out to Jesse Hernandez aka UrbanAztec, for creating this beautiful art. Check him out at: http://www.jessehernandez.net

We are busy getting ramped up and looking forward to seeing all of you in just a few short months!

909FBB78-48DB-4C51-BB44-E3C331D300B2 (resized).jpeg909FBB78-48DB-4C51-BB44-E3C331D300B2 (resized).jpeg
    #110 2 years ago

Ohhhhhhhhhh! That is some nice show art!

#111 2 years ago

Awesome!

#112 2 years ago

Going to make some great looking shirts!

#113 2 years ago

Sweet!!
    So when does the game sign up list go live?

#114 2 years ago

Can not wait to get my hands on those prints!!! So f'n good! So good...

#115 2 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Sweet!!
    So when does the game sign up list go live?

Usually March. Volunteer signups start in April

#116 2 years ago

You know, I've been to this show several times. I've never seen any pinball machines. There's a campground, some guy in a trailer had a keg or something. 3 days later, I still hadn't seen or played any pinball. Buyer beware! I smell a scam!

#117 2 years ago

Post removed.

#118 2 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I take it that this is a class C rv? Does it have a trailer hitch you could attache a small utility trail to? This might be easier than trying to get the games inside the RV.

It is and it does. But then that gets back to my first problem of not having a spot to park it at the show since the camp is probably already full and has quite the waiting list. Oh well. My go-to is, and has been, my brother's E350 van. Hauls two games quite easily in back with two rows of seats out. If I take out the other two rows, I can probably get two more in there(if I get them done in time).

#119 2 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Can not wait to get my hands on those prints!!! So f'n good! So good...

Where can a guy who can’t make it in person get a show poster print?

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

If they give them out to weekend pass holders, I'd be glad to send you mine. I have too many posters already.

#121 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

They sell them at the show so I’m sure you could get someone to pick one up for you…I plan on attending at minimum and if I do I could send one out to you, hit me up when it gets closer.

#122 2 years ago

I know it's only January, but I'm just so excited...
    For the show ima bringing my Arduino Trident and Speakeasy. Prolly got room for one more for the show. Mars Trek or Genesis?

Campcade will have Flipper Football and Oh Boy and I think Hawkmoon might be contributing his RZ too!

#123 2 years ago

Mars Trek!

#124 2 years ago

Umm, @mrgone... I'm having a little trouble calculating the number of days until I get my GSPF fix. Withdrawals are making it difficult to concentrate. Could you please help me here?

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Umm, mrgone... I'm having a little trouble calculating the number of days until I get my GSPF fix. Withdrawals are making it difficult to concentrate. Could you please help me here?

114 days until Showtime!

1 week later
    #126 2 years ago

Introducing our new and improved website! Beautiful and easier to navigate, its your one stop place for all of your burning questions about this years show! It is even formatted for use on your mobile device, Go check it out now!
    https://www.goldenstatepinball.org/

Please note:
    Volunteer sign-ups have not opened up yet.

We are not asking just yet for people to sign their games up they plan to bring at this time.

Camp Silverball reservations from 2020 will still be rolled over, if any spaces are left available we will make an announcement here.

Covid guidelines and requirements will be updated closer to the show when we have the most up to date information.

1852E4E2-BDE3-4F4D-8AA8-0C032EA9549C (resized).jpeg1852E4E2-BDE3-4F4D-8AA8-0C032EA9549C (resized).jpeg
    #127 2 years ago

Looks great!

#128 2 years ago

100 days until Showtime!!!!!!!!!

#129 2 years ago
    Quoted from GoldenStatePin:

After a wee bit of teasing on the socials, the Golden State Pinball Festival is excited to unveil our official 2022 show poster. Big shout out to Jesse Hernandez aka UrbanAztec, for creating this beautiful art. Check him out at: http://www.jessehernandez.net
    We are busy getting ramped up and looking forward to seeing all of you in just a few short months!
    [quoted image]

Loving this year's poster! Hopefully there will also be a blacklight version available again like Dirty Donny's 2019 poster

#130 2 years ago

RV booked! See ya soonish!

#131 2 years ago

99 Days until Showtime!!!!

#132 2 years ago

“The Golden State Pinball Festival is proud to be a sponsor of this years INDISC tournament! Be sure to watch the INDISC broadcast all weekend at https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball. More information and live standings at https://www.indisc.com.”

85B424BC-38A8-4873-8504-8A32A088716A (resized).jpeg85B424BC-38A8-4873-8504-8A32A088716A (resized).jpeg
    #133 2 years ago

97 days until Showtime!!

#134 2 years ago

96 daze and counting!!!

1 week later
    #135 2 years ago

89 days until Showtime!!!

#136 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

89 days until Showtime!!!

Guess I better start working on procuring a trailer for the 8 machines I plan to bring. Hoping for clear weather on that weekend! Edit: Did a recount and it's up to 9 now.......

1 week later
    #137 2 years ago

79 Days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    until SHOW TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#138 2 years ago
    PXL_20220222_004447107~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220222_004447107~2 (resized).jpg
    #139 2 years ago

Something I've found useful in previous years is to make a notepad page in my phone with the list of machines I HAVE TO play at each show. From all the games people mention that they're bringing and from the list on the site, I make it a point to spend a serious amount of time on these games to really get a great feel for the game. When I started doing this, I noticed that I really started to appreciate and enjoy whole new eras and new genres of games and even certain designers I had never tried before. It's quite enjoyable and very eye opening.

Plus, like at the last GSPF, how often do you get to play a literally perfect Future Spa? That thing was a museum piece! And it played great, too!

#140 2 years ago

Current list of machines earmarked for the show as long as I can find a suitable trailer and the weather cooperates.

Cyclone
    South Park
    Police Force
    Whirlwind (With super-fan mod)
    Riverboat Gambler
    Special Force
    Mr & Mrs Pac Man
    Super Nova
    Count Down (S/N 1007 Reversed cabinet colors)

#141 2 years ago

Nice^^^^^^^^

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

how often do you get to play a literally perfect Future Spa? That thing was a museum piece! And it played great, too!

I totally agree, that machine was something else and played smooth as silk. It was one of the few that truly sticks out in my memory!

#143 2 years ago

Show:
    Mars Trek (Thank you, @christopher, aka the Pinball Pirate!)
    Speakeasy (Thank you @jvspin!)
    Trident with arduino nano and new code (Thanks @dickhamill)

Campcade (Bring yer Tommy Dollars, Brotatoes):
    Flipper Football (Thank you @thatonedude)
    Oh Boy (Thank you @jbovenzi)

As you can see; it's a small pinball world!
    Can. Not. Wait. To see all you homies and yer games.

#144 2 years ago

Saw a Facebook pinball bump. Good times.

#145 2 years ago

75 Days until Showtime.

#146 2 years ago

Hey everyone, over next week or two we should be confirming existing Camp Silverball reservations AND be ready to post our Game Submission form so we can start drooling over the list of titles coming in!

#147 2 years ago

All,
    I went ahead and started a buy and sell thread for this years show. I figured it was close enough that we can start planning.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-state-pinball-festival-2022-buy-sell-and-trade-thread#post-6803977

#148 2 years ago

Are we able to load games yet?.. because my wife and I just did!

The Return of Brad’s TAF
    Tron
    BsdX130000
    DH0001
    JY00001

#149 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

Are we able to load games yet?.. because my wife and I just did!
    The Return of Brad’s TAF
    Tron
    BsdX130000
    DH0001
    JY00001

Do It! https://www.goldenstatepinball.org/bring-games/

#150 2 years ago

^^^Did anyone see this?^^^

Load ‘em up!

We just discussed a pair for the campground. They’ll look nice as a team.

There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2022-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.