(Topic ID: 264597)

The official 2021 Golden State Pinball Festival thread

By mrgone

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

67A988CB-A4D3-4522-ABBE-857C70755506 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    648719C2-FE0C-4A1B-802A-E9D26C83B888 (resized).png
    5CCC290C-217B-4AE7-8880-714FCCB3CD0B (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20210113-071039 (resized).png
    D57DB667-A6AA-4B25-A2ED-2D857FEED6B3 (resized).jpeg
    1F7D3F04-4944-4BBD-B178-355E38C89019 (resized).jpeg
    86D3D41E-6605-4984-94E3-BCC714913C57 (resized).jpeg
    0bcea9ee6b24b9957c3ee2a2888b3bde32b1c71d (resized).jpeg
    0bcea9ee6b24b9957c3ee2a2888b3bde32b1c71d (resized).jpeg
    Image from iOS (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190519_063246_544 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190517_072241_276 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190517_220310 (resized).jpg
    ea167a2e041b591849cf71ceb0dfa82e045c5a70 (resized).jpg
    d48ba2b94d5d99ff50136867a7fd356dba354918 (resized).jpg
    There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 3 years ago

So cool, thanks Walter!Screenshot_20210113-071039 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210113-071039 (resized).png

#152 3 years ago

120 Days until Showtime l!!!!!
    4 months!!!!!
    Keep the faith!!!!!

#153 3 years ago

Camp Silverball here we come!!!

#154 3 years ago

Hoping that we can be allowed to descend upon Camp Silverball in 2021. If cancelled again for a second time in a row because of [insert non-political "PC" comment here], I propose we rename it to Camp Blueballs until the next time we can meet up in our mobile Fortresses of Solitude.

1 week later
    #155 3 years ago

112 days until Showtime!!

#156 3 years ago

Jonesin' fo sho! If'n it happens, Camp Silverball gonna be a whole extra, bonus show on its own!
    I'm already planning on some new brings this year Mangs.
    In the spirit of Druthefu's "blue balls" comment, let's further tease ourselves with what we're thinking of bringing to the show.

My list...
    Show: Title Fight (speaking of "ball buster"), Big Daddy, Catacomb, mebbe Expressway too
    Camp SB: Trident, Oh Boy, Space Shuttle (for sale if I still have it)

Also, Uncle Pinball Interviewed Tim Arnold yesterday. Check it out.
    https://unclepinball.buzzsprout.com/

1 week later
    #157 3 years ago

104 days until Showtime!!!

#158 3 years ago

And,at Hawkmoon's hangout, you can drink beer and play the adult version of RZ!!!

#159 3 years ago

102 days and counting.
    We are still in it pinheads.
    Keep hope alive.

#160 3 years ago

100 Days until Showtime!!

#161 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

102 days and counting.
    We are still in it pinheads.
    Keep hope alive.

Holding my breath (figuratively), hoping it happens.

#162 3 years ago

The cancellation of the GSPF last year was my biggest disappointment of the year. I guess I should consider myself lucky! Here’s to hoping we can pull it off it 2021!

#163 3 years ago

Im curious if there is a line in the sand cut off date like TPF had.
    95 days. Getting close.

#164 3 years ago

94 days until Camp Blueballs!

I can't wait for the return of Camp Silverball in 2022, my sanity requires restoration.

#165 3 years ago

I like the optimism on display here, but 90 days is right around the corner. The GSPF website doesn't have any recent updates either.

I'm just hoping to hear something from the event organizers at some point, but I think most of us already know the answer.

#166 3 years ago

I'm out, no way I'll be getting a vacination by may, there are 40 million Californians waiting in line. Hope to see you all in 2022.
    This continues to just suck.

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#167 3 years ago

I was really looking forward to another amazing GSPF. I was planning on driving out even though I moved much further away.

Sad to say, it's not looking good. Didn't want to state the obvious, but since others have mentioned it.

I'm really trying to be optimistic, but....

5CCC290C-217B-4AE7-8880-714FCCB3CD0B (resized).jpeg5CCC290C-217B-4AE7-8880-714FCCB3CD0B (resized).jpeg

#168 3 years ago

I hope we hear from the show organizers soon.

I’m bummed thinking this year may be cancelled but more concerned about the overall health of the event. With so many places shutting down this last year, PHOF raising money etc, anyone know how is GSPF is doing?

#169 3 years ago

Dear Pinball Community and Friends,

The past year has been difficult for all of us, not just those in the pinball community. The COVID-19 Pandemic has impacted nearly all aspects of our lives, especially entertainment. We certainly thought that as we cancelled the Golden State Pinball Festival in the Spring of 2020, that we would be having a festival the following year in May, 2021. Given the current infection rate as well as the anticipated number of people that will be vaccinated come mid-May, we do not feel that it would be safe or prudent to hold our event. Therefore, with a heavy heart, we are cancelling our festival for 2021.

A pinball show is a place where friends meet, shake hands, hug, play games and chat, chat, chat. Above all, we want to provide an environment where everyone can feel comfortable, safe, and the biggest worry is what food to try or which game to play next.

On the bright side, we are clearly on the path to overcome this virus. The Lodi Grape festival has assured us that we will be able to hold the 2022 Golden State Pinball Festival the weekend of May 13-15. For those of you that reserved a spot at Camp Silverball in 2020, we will continue to roll your reservations forward - no action on your part is necessary. The Northern California Pinball Association is fortunate that as a 501c(3) non-profit, our yearly overhead is low and we remain solvent; we are not going anywhere.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to Lodi in 2022. We know just how important all of you who volunteer and bring pins to the show are to having a successful event. YOU are the Golden State Pinball Festival! We appreciate your patience as we all wait for things to improve and we can get back to socializing and enjoying gathering again at pinball shows, museums, and arcades.

Though the Golden State Pinball Festival does not need donations, our good friends at Pacific Pinball Museum do have infrastructure to maintain. If you are financially able to do so, they would appreciate any contribution large or small, or even the purchase of one of their games to help tide them over during these difficult times. Donation information can be found at https://www.pacificpinball.org/donations

With gratitude and anticipation,
    The Board of the Northern California Pinball Association

648719C2-FE0C-4A1B-802A-E9D26C83B888 (resized).png648719C2-FE0C-4A1B-802A-E9D26C83B888 (resized).png
    #171 3 years ago

Fuck a Duck. Fuck all the Ducks.
    I think I'ma go help Tim move as a substitute...

Also... Those of us with multiple machines, who were planning on bringing some, should instead try to host small pinball spas, with 1 or 2 or 3 homies depending. I've done that a few times in the last year, and while not a substitute for something like GSPF, it's a lot of fun and does feed the jones.

If yer within a few hours of SLO, PM me and let's work something out. I live alone, remote teach, and mask up. I'ma be vaccinated in the next few weeks, cuz teacher, so....

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

See you at Cal Extreme in July!

#172 3 years ago

So sad... see everyone in 2022

#173 3 years ago

I want to thank all those involved at the Golden State pinball Festival. My friends, I can't thank you enough for keeping the dream alive, we look forward to 2022.
    We will meet again, some sunny day.

#174 3 years ago

I’m pretty upset but not surprised by this news....... but fuck! Ok, ok I’m glad I got that off my chest. I am up to 7 machines I committed to the 2021 show and I am scared to know how many more will find their way into my garage (GSPF staging area) by this time next year.

#175 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

See you at Cal Extreme in July!

That would be cool but I'm thinkin' Pin a Go Go in October is a safer bet.

#176 3 years ago

Bummed but encouraged the event is in good standing overall for 2022. I’ll donate to the museum.

#177 3 years ago

Bummed out...Sorry I'm not going to see everyone, especially my bay area friends. Pinball party at my house then.

#178 3 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #179 3 years ago

Uncle Pinball mourns GSPF... But there was good news for Uncle Pinball today: My Noob bet paid off. 'Member that guy who had a Hollywood Heat he thought he wanted to sell? I got a call from him today. He's up to 8 machines and already fixing and flipping! Yeah, Baby! Plus, I might still end up with that HH... if I can talk HIS MOM out of it!

Available now on my buzz site:
    https://unclepinball.buzzsprout.com/

Soon enough everywhere else.

Dagnabbit!

#180 3 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Pinball party at my house then

See? That's how you do!

#181 3 years ago

Well it was not unexpected.. I am thinking if they can pull off pinagogo this year, it will be huge. Like everyone, the backlog of parts and stuff I could sell at a swap meet is approaching HUGE....

#182 3 years ago

Camp Blueballs in ‘21 indeed.

2022 will be The Return of Camp Silverball Collector’s Edition. Sites will be be fetching $20k by Christmas!

#183 3 years ago

Thanks for the update guys. It's for the best unfortunately. And thank you for rolling over the camp silverball reservations once again. 2022 can't get here fast enough. Cheers!

#184 3 years ago

I was looking forward to the potential of an event this year 2021, but clearly the writing was on the wall for many events I think.

We are on the mend and the future will be bright, it’s just going to be one more year.

I will be there in 2022 and it will be good!

2 weeks later
    #185 3 years ago

Vaccines are on the way... Can't postpone and move to August or ???

1 week later
    #186 3 years ago

Picked up this bad boy today so it looks like I am now up to 8 committed to GSPF 2022. Silver Ball mania backglass will be looking for a new home as well.

67A988CB-A4D3-4522-ABBE-857C70755506 (resized).jpeg67A988CB-A4D3-4522-ABBE-857C70755506 (resized).jpeg
    #187 3 years ago
    Quoted from awesome1:

Vaccines are on the way... Can't postpone and move to August or ???

It’s unfortunately just not feasible. Let’s all hope for 2022 and stay safe and healthy so the show can go on!

#188 3 years ago

P.A.G.G.in21 will be a whole lotta fun,Son!!!

1 month later
    #189 2 years ago

1 week later
    #190 2 years ago

We should all be deep in GSPF beers, friends & pins galore right now!

#191 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

We should all be deep in GSPF beers, friends & pins galore right now!

I was thinking the same thing!

#192 2 years ago

Where is everyone? Im waiting in the parking lot!!

#193 2 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Where is everyone? Im waiting in the parking lot!!

Beat me to it.
    What the hell, just me and bicyclenut here at empty fairgrounds.
    There is a lady selling fruit.

#194 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

What the hell, just me and bicyclenut here at empty fairgrounds.

Well...let's just hope that next year its ALL back to normal, no masks etc....

#195 2 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Well...let's just hope that next year its ALL back to normal, no masks etc....

But come Sunday after a weekend of camp silverball, i may still want the social distance.
    You know, to much chili and lack of showers,

#196 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You know, to much chili and lack of showers,

So you mean back to normal....

#197 2 years ago

I did my own GSPF here at home for myself. Worked on some EM's in my EM room (or better known as the garage) yesterday. Then waxed playfields on my B66 GB and MET and installed new balls. This morning went to my EM room and played Quick Draw and Jumping Jack against my son, then went and played some Metallica in the game room. Came on here to read what everyone else is doing in the hobby. Maybe Ill go play some more pinball. Miss seeing everyone at Sparkys BBQ. Cant wait until next year. Are campground reservations open yet?

#198 2 years ago

Damn I miss all of you. We should be playing pinball and hanging out. I hope we get some shows this year.

This beats last year though where we moved all the show stuff to a better storage place!

#199 2 years ago

Pin-a-Go-Go is still a go (go)!

https://pin-a-go-go.org

There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2021-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread/page/4?hl=beergut666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.