(Topic ID: 243337)

The official 2020 Golden State Pinball Festival Thread!

By mrgone

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 351 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by awesome1
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

26E37F78-08CF-44E9-9C64-C4D7ED28ECBA (resized).jpeg
    C86E7AD6-536F-4408-B3AE-4F8C747D7925 (resized).jpeg
    1153CA82-813B-40C2-9CFD-2281AAD31369 (resized).jpeg
    majorwinchester (resized).jpg
    0853459F-5D81-44BB-9901-B066E5D3DFFB (resized).jpeg
    barcharleytikisplash.6 (resized).jpg
    E3D89952-2EB3-455B-8776-8B053BF6227A (resized).jpeg
    BA0B9516-F1A9-43BD-A341-4C200A8C3F03 (resized).jpeg
    7CC46B39-9E25-4FF7-9F91-631A53FF6D04 (resized).jpeg
    ADDF6A6F-0B31-4696-BC52-FBE9432694C6 (resized).jpeg
    10055F31-1F1A-4548-B276-4029A528D25C (resized).jpeg
    FXAV4913 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0375 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0371 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0373 (resized).JPG
    2A01583E-493F-4221-A1E6-A2D0319B2A74 (resized).jpeg
    There are 351 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
    #251 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

Somehow I missed this thread... This sucks... My family and I were REALLY looking forward to bringing our RV this year but it's all sold out and I'm waitlisted. Still can't figure out how I screwed this up... Such is life I suppose... Clearly my reoccurring "check the website" event didn't work out...
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Maybe there are some hotel rooms left, or an Airbnb. Do not miss this show.

#252 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Maybe there are some hotel rooms left, or an Airbnb. Do not miss this show.

We got a spot.

Jeff

#253 4 years ago

Sweet glad to hear everyone is getting a spot that wanted one. The boys are working hard on camping to keep everyone happy. Good job northern california pinball association for making peoples dreams come true.

Now the game list is up and working. So everyone get your games listed! I want to see 450 games this year minimum.

Plus bump because this topic deserves to be on the first page at all times... Lol.

#254 4 years ago

Sunday bump!! Set your clocks forward!!!

#255 4 years ago

Wow,mrgone,you sure are up early!!!Me too

#256 4 years ago

68 days until Showtime!

#257 4 years ago

Who may I contact regarding a donation for the raffle? Shoot me pm. Thx

#258 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Who may I contact regarding a donation for the raffle? Shoot me pm. Thx

Pm sent

#259 4 years ago

67 days!

#260 4 years ago

I just saw that the Seattle Comic Con has been "postponed" and there is some discussion about the San Diego one - are there any discussions about cancelling/postponing the pinball show?

#261 4 years ago

Anyone have a nice Torpedo Alley they want to sell me at the show?

#262 4 years ago
    Quoted from mark532011:

I just saw that the Seattle Comic Con has been "postponed" and there is some discussion about the San Diego one - are there any discussions about cancelling/postponing the pinball show?

Just shoot me now

#263 4 years ago
    Quoted from mark532011:

It’s GSPF!!!! If need be I will wear a hazmat suit!!!!! This event must not be missed!

#264 4 years ago

Everyone! Just stay really drunk for the show. Alcohol kills germs.
    You’re welcome.

#265 4 years ago
    E3D89952-2EB3-455B-8776-8B053BF6227A (resized).jpegE3D89952-2EB3-455B-8776-8B053BF6227A (resized).jpeg
    #266 4 years ago

Remember that one time I served tiki drinks at the bbq and got pulled over just outside the show with the whole back seat full of open liquor bottles? The cops just about shit and administered a full field sobriety test. Anybody down for more tiki drinks?

barcharleytikisplash.6 (resized).jpgbarcharleytikisplash.6 (resized).jpg

#267 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Everyone! Just stay really drunk for the show. Alcohol kills germs.
    You’re welcome.

Oh. So THAT'S why I haven't had so much of a cold in over 10 years....

#268 4 years ago

Remember that one time I served tiki drinks at the bbq and got pulled over just outside the show with the whole back seat full of open liquor bottles? The cops just about shit and administered a full field sobriety test. Anybody down for more tiki drinks?
    [quoted image]

Yes. Yes I am.

#269 4 years ago

Seeing the hand sanitizers all over the show floor over the past couple years was very nice to see and well utilized! Back in the Dixon days I returned home with a bug two years in a row, Lodi so far has been cold and flu free for me. I certainly hope this threat doesn't hamper sign ups or attendance, I've really been looking forward to this show!

#270 4 years ago
    Quoted from 72Devilz:

Seeing the hand sanitizers all over the show floor over the past couple years was very nice to see and well utilized! Back in the Dixon days I returned home with a bug two years in a row, Lodi so far has been cold and flu free for me. I certainly hope this threat doesn't hamper sign ups or attendance, I've really been looking forward to this show!

Scotch works well too.

#271 4 years ago

Yes Please - i think I have a run of related t-shirts that a bunch of us may be wearing too!

#272 4 years ago

65 days!

#273 4 years ago

Come on pinheads!!!! Let’s get those games signed up!
    Remember, there is no virus.
    There is only Golden State Pinball Festival!!!!!

#274 4 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Yes Please - i think I have a run of related t-shirts that a bunch of us may be wearing too!

I know a potent rum punch recipe that's very tasty. Will aim to bring enough for at least 30.

#275 4 years ago

OK,Pinheads UPDATE: The Governor, of Calif ,G N,just stated that all events over 250 people should be cancelled !!! So should we limit attendance??? Thoughts???

#276 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK,Pinheads UPDATE: The Governor, of Calif ,G N,just stated that all events over 250 people should be cancelled !!! So should we limit attendance??? Thoughts???

Given the information that continues to come in, I think limiting it to 250 would be a self fulfilling prophecy. A couple of my friends have already cancelled their hotel rooms.

Four days ago, I was 100% in; today, not so much. Stern just cancelled their tournament.

I wonder if GSPF has some sort of insurance that covers events like this? I'd rather see it postponed to around August or September than outright cancelled.

#277 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

N,just stated that all events over 250 people should be cancelled...

Until the end of March...
    Ride the storm out, Cowboys... I am still all in!

#278 4 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Love you, Mark...You're always the upbeat voice of reason!

I'm hanging on to my hotel room for now. Super happy I can cancel 24 hours in advance. I contemplated saving 20 bucks by getting a "guaranteed" room with no cancellation.

#279 4 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

I can hear your voice in my head.....

Tony, you're such a baby!

#281 4 years ago

hahaha Dave! I ain't listened to any REO Spudwagon in ages!

#282 4 years ago

TPF was just cancelled.

#283 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Firstly, Gavin Newsome is an idiot whom no one should listen to.

Scondly, we've got lots of time. Give it a month at least then reevaluate. China, ground zero,already stabilized.

#284 4 years ago

lets All be patient, calm, and not post rumors or conjecture.
    By May this should all be done and over with.
    It’s not the end of the world.
    It’s a flu virus. Like many before it it will pass.
    Be safe, wash your hands a lot.
    Be patient, be kind.
    Play your games and love each other.

#285 4 years ago

Scondly, we've got lots of time. Give it a month at least then reevaluate. China, ground zero,already stabilized.

While I disagree with your assessment of Newsome, most of it anyhow, I do agree that we have time to make a decision regarding the GSPF...

Jeff

#286 4 years ago

64 days until Showtime!!!!
    Keep the faith brothers and sisters.
    Until I hear otherwise, the countdown will continue.
    Long live the silver ball!!

#287 4 years ago

Think about it this way Boiz: All these other closures and shutdowns now are gonna save our show later!

Wash yer damn hands. A lot. Cough and sneeze into yer elbow or shirt. Quit shaking hands and slapping 5. I've been working in a freaking petri dish (middle school) for almost 30 years.

Ride the storm out, Mangs!

All in

#288 4 years ago

I have a plan.

0853459F-5D81-44BB-9901-B066E5D3DFFB (resized).jpeg0853459F-5D81-44BB-9901-B066E5D3DFFB (resized).jpeg
    #289 4 years ago

Gavin an "idiot"?

Don't be so kind

#290 4 years ago

OR.. you could visit this winchester and give a pint.

majorwinchester (resized).jpgmajorwinchester (resized).jpg
    #291 4 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

OR.. you could visit this winchester and give a pint.[quoted image]

Yup. I heard today that the banks are in short supply. I’ve been thinking about doing just that since I heard this.

#292 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Yup. I heard today that the banks are in short supply. I’ve been thinking about doing just that since I heard this.

Do it, I just broke the 20 gallon platelet milestone last weekend!

#293 4 years ago

I'm in come hell or high water!! Too old to give blood

#294 4 years ago

And we are what, 6 months behind China in all of this, thanks to an idiot who isn’t Gavin?

Do the math. If we “stabilize” in 5-6 months it’s gonna be a rough summer. “China is getting over it” is something I keep hearing but I don’t see why that would make anybody think this wraps up in a month.

#295 4 years ago

Take it private boys.
    63 days until showtime!!!!

#296 4 years ago

Dear Pinball Friends and Family,

We appreciate all the questions and concerns that have been raised in the last several days and weeks as the coronavirus, COVID-19, situation continues to evolve and grow. The Northern California Pinball Association board has been active daily in discussing options and trying to find a responsible path forward that will ensure public safety and let the Golden State Pinball Festival continue as planned. We are using CDC guidelines as well as information from the California Department of Public Health and the local San Joaquin Public Health Services department.

Our goal is to be completely transparent with all of you and take the appropriate actions as needed when they are needed, but not before. Unlike some of the recent show cancelations, we have more time, over two months in fact. So as of right now, the Festival is scheduled to continue as originally planned.

Having said that, your safety and your family’s safety is paramount. We will continue to monitor and assess daily and based on governmental recommendations and common sense, we will adjust as needed.

Thanks for your patience!

Northern California Pinball Association
    Proud Presenters of the Golden State Pinball Festival

PS
    We know this is a difficult time for many folks as lives are disrupted. Please stay positive, at the end of the day, this is Pinball and while it plays a fun role in our lives, there is a bigger picture here. Please keep your comments constructive or positive so as to not impact those truly suffering.

1153CA82-813B-40C2-9CFD-2281AAD31369 (resized).jpeg1153CA82-813B-40C2-9CFD-2281AAD31369 (resized).jpeg
    #297 4 years ago

Well said.
    Thank you for the update and continued hard work you all put in.

#298 4 years ago
    Quoted from GoldenStatePin:

Having said that, your safety and your family’s safety is paramount. We will continue to monitor and assess daily and based on governmental recommendations and common sense, we will adjust as needed.

And if things evolve in the next 2 months to be in favor of the show going on,
    anyone who is feeling a little under the weather or just getting over a cold or flu, or is sick, please just
    bite the bullet and just stay away.
    There will be another show next year or PinAGoGo in the fall.

#299 4 years ago

Friday bump!!!!!!!
    Grab the corona and some limes!!!!!!!

Too soon?

#300 4 years ago

Cant wait til this all blows over:

There are 351 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2020-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread/page/6?hl=drypaint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.