2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 928 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 287 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

222F4D12-4E6E-48BF-AAD0-BD0C090CACB4 (resized).jpeg
    2F84D602-0213-4658-A153-F16E3613C40A.gif
    goldenstate3.jpg
    goldenstate2.jpg
    goldenstate4.jpg
    gs_2019 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    CB6E2411-269A-4CAB-8B5B-FE40EF4BA71D (resized).png
    D94C3A92-EA04-49AC-A0CC-62EF91C34BC3 (resized).png
    Image from iOS (3) (resized).jpg
    FC659404-09A5-4DA8-87CD-5DA438FEE161 (resized).jpeg
    AustinSnowstorm (resized).jpg
    MMS_1065 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8707 (resized).PNG
    IMG_8708 (resized).PNG
    IMG_8710 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jbovenzi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#125 2 years ago

fireball2 should be bringing my Fireball72 (get it?) hopefully. Thinking about adding my new Harlem Globetrotters and one more EM.

Mad World? Batter Up? Golden Arrow?

#131 2 years ago

Great!

Will be happy to bring pins and see my good friends there!

1 month later
    #224 1 year ago

Looking forward to the comparison jfesler

Quoted from jfesler:

I *just* ordered 4 sheets from the Pinball Pirate. Once they come in, I’ll offer an amateur opinion on how they compare to JJP’s glass. Anyone interested in seeing it in person is welcome to.

2 weeks later
    #241 1 year ago

Signed up. fireball2 is bringing my Fireball (72) (naturally), I'm bringing Bally Mad World, and Marco is bringing my Ghostbusters Prem!

Might bring more if requested.

#256 1 year ago

Just signed up for volunteer work! Your turn...

1 week later
    #342 1 year ago
    Quoted from itsokay:

Hey all,
    Just wanted to make sure everybody knew that we at Pinball Pirate will be offering the same show deals with new Stern machines you can currently get with Marco, but from Chris, and his famous warranty service within the greater bay area! The stipulations are the same, the game needs to be delivered and unboxed at the show, and stay until Sunday, but after that, its yours, with a warranty! I will get back with details on deadlines etc for orders, but please feel free to contact Chris to get orders in.
    I'm really looking forward to the show! Trying to finish up the playfield swap on my Xenon to get it all broken in at the show!

This is absolutely fantastic! Pinball Pirate doing this is above and beyond for the SF Bay Area! Very happy to hear this!

1 week later
    #411 1 year ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Just registered Title Fight (by popular demand), Excalibur (so dialed in), and for the EM section, Big Daddy (thanks JimmyB). Somebody else is bringing a Genie this year, so I don't have to tote my wide-body girlfren. Grand Prix is ready for gambling in camp. Oh Boy still needs a little somethin somethin before he's ready for high stakes action.
    Just put a playfield protector, new eos switches, a bell, and a knocker in jbovenzi's Fireball. OMG, that sucker is going to kick yer ass. Im'a jack it up high for the show, and watch the tears flow.
    Are you ready for the show?
    We're at 210 games now, mangs. I'd say we're mebbe halfway towards our goal. Get on it and sign up. Bringing games is what this is all about.
    Three (3?!) Mars Treks? Let's mebbe move one out to the campcade for gamblin'?
    Edit: Also, whoever this James Edes is, bringing a Meteor and a Seawitch... I like him already.
    pinballlew: Text me, Daddio...

As always... You Da Man!

#412 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

FLASH!!!
    Color DMD has A really nice deal on their products for the show.
    $50 off Color DMD for games at the show!!!
    Bring your game and get a great deal on a Color DMD! $50 off as well as free delivery to the show! The game must be present at the show and remain in the designated color DMD row for the duration. Email info@colordmd.com for all the details!
    Note: offer is good until May 9th, and you must commit to a title you are bringing beforehand so it can be pre-programmed ahead of time.
    [quoted image]

As Bill and Ted say, "Excellent!"

Excellent (resized).PNG
    #416 1 year ago

Found out from Marco that all pins that are pre-ordered and sold at the show from the floor, can't be modified. So I am out on the ColorDMD savings...

Hoping that others can take advantage of that great deal!

#435 1 year ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

jbovenzi's FB72 is so fast now with that playfield protector that I'ma hafta get 4" levelers in order to jack it up high enough. It's all the way up on 2" levelers and all the way down in front, and still one shot from the right flipper grabbed air off the spinning disc and landed back in the skill shot! Dog my Cats, that sucker is fast!
    20 days, people... That's less than 3 weeks! Sign up your games. Let's shoot for 400...
    Hey pinheadpierre, are you bringing any shweet EMs this year? Be sure to stop by the campcade and play some Oh Boy! and drink some beer. Tha goes for alla you mugs![quoted image]

I will bring the 4" levelers to the show. We can work on it there so you can dial it in to your satisfaction.

"Just trying to keep it on the level..."

#447 1 year ago

Posted it in the "Buy/sell" thread, but is JJ/Game Exchange sponsoring the Saturday picnic lunch?
    Needed to help promote that and happy to bring stuff for it!

#451 1 year ago

Long live the Sparky BBQ! Will be happy to help!

1 week later
    #522 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for items left behind Saturday evening or Sunday, nor am I responsible for broken EZ Ups, or scratched cars that get hit by EZ Ups blowing over in the wind. ; )

That did remind me. When I bring my EZ Ups, bring the weights/sand bags...

#560 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

at this point looks like Mad World

Mad World was a lock, now it's giving me fits right before the show. Don't want to disappoint the fans, but might have a last minute pinch-hitter for it.

Will come up with something to satisfy the crowds (Maybe Gottlieb Team One !)

#596 1 year ago

Regretfully, Mr. Mad World will not be appearing during 2019 GSPF. As the rest of the world goes to heck in a hand basket, perhaps he will make an appearance next year. Mr. Cheddar, can you please substitute GTB Team One for that game?

Since Team One is late model Gottlieb Add-A-Ball and not easily set to free play, I wired a microswitch to one of the Coin Door, coin wiring switches to start a game. it will have to stick through the front of the door to let my people play.

Team challenge: If anyone comes up with a more elegant free play solution, I am willing to have them modify my game (without drilling holes please).
    As always, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions...

#615 1 year ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Looks like a lot of rain this weekend
    I don’t know what that will mean for a lot of festivities like Sparkys BBQ, but hopefully it still happens and we can get a group pic like last year. Speaking of that, I made a bunch of 5”x10” prints of Arts photo of it from last year, I’ll have them at the BBQ (hopefully if its still on!) to give out to everyone that was in it.
    Sadly the BBQ will be the end of the weekend for me as I have unavoidable obligations. I will be there all day Thursday for set up though and all day Friday. Very slight chance I return Sunday with my son, but not counting on it.
    [quoted image]

You could make a mint printing this meme...

Broken machines (resized).png
    #628 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mthomasslo:

although team one is an aab, it still has a credit unit on the motor board, similar to the semicircular units used on mid 70’s Gotliebs. To covert to free play, just short or close the zero position contact, or disconnect the subtract coil.

Brilliant! I did find the Credit Unit on the Motor Board. Didn't know it was there!

Since I was following Clay's guide to EM's and his switch technique, I never thought that it would have that part. You learn something new each day!

I will try to adjust the Zero Position contact tonight and see if I can get rid of switch.

Thanks to Mthomasslo and pinballholder for their help!

#653 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

And I'm happy to see you! 24 in case you were wondering
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Me three!

The best part for me is that I don't see any forklift piercings!

#672 1 year ago
    Quoted from vireland:

I have a couple used ColorDMD LCDs I can bring to the show if anyone's interested at $350. They come with the add-on clear window and mounting hardware and (if you need it) a new DMD Stretch gasket, so almost $450 worth if you bought it new or almost $500 if you also paid CA tax.
    PM me if you're interested and I'll bring one to the show to complete the deal there.

PM sent! Thank you!

1 week later
    #894 1 year ago

Rob is a good guy, he will send message as soon as possible.

Have faith please!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 19.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 430.00
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 337.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 39.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Concealed Art
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Creo Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jbovenzi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside