2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 928 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 287 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

222F4D12-4E6E-48BF-AAD0-BD0C090CACB4 (resized).jpeg
    2F84D602-0213-4658-A153-F16E3613C40A.gif
    goldenstate3.jpg
    goldenstate2.jpg
    goldenstate4.jpg
    gs_2019 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    CB6E2411-269A-4CAB-8B5B-FE40EF4BA71D (resized).png
    D94C3A92-EA04-49AC-A0CC-62EF91C34BC3 (resized).png
    Image from iOS (3) (resized).jpg
    FC659404-09A5-4DA8-87CD-5DA438FEE161 (resized).jpeg
    AustinSnowstorm (resized).jpg
    MMS_1065 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8707 (resized).PNG
    IMG_8708 (resized).PNG
    IMG_8710 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fireball2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 2 years ago

Oh baby, still pinhungover, but still can't wait for next year. Already visioning the campcade...
    Spencer, say hey to your boy for me:
    https://www.funcarnival.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=HA-FHOD-EA&Store_Code=ACM&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3InYBRCLARIsAG6bfMTbdbUrEK6vQuZZYGQzRBVfoZEOzblyWwYkErB28_8xE2oQvauGFlEaAqxVEALw_wcB

At fourfitty each, we could easily get a pindog posse going...

7 months later
    #115 2 years ago

Already thinking about which games to bring this year... Fer sure Oh Boy will be making and breaking fortunes in the campground, but as far as the show is concerned... I'm thinking of a single player em theme: Teacher's Pet, Expressway, Big Daddy, mebbe even Heat Wave. Make that em section jump!

Also looks like the campground might end up being basically an after hours 2nd show!

#120 2 years ago

It got 500+ plays last year...
    Mebbe mebbe...

#130 2 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

fireball2 should be bringing my Fireball72 (get it?) hopefully.

Yup... That too!

3 weeks later
    #161 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Camp silverball reservations should open soon

The camp arcade crew has a plan for this year...
    I'ma also bringing a nice Grand Prix for the camp so we can accommodate up to 4 gamblers at a time... Like I said, the camp's prolly gonna be a defacto second, late-night show.

#163 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

In years past on Pinside someone usually starts a Golden State buy/sell thread. I would keep your eyes peeled for a new thread soon.

Done: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gspf-2019-buy-sell-trade-thread#post-4820018

1 week later
    #191 1 year ago

Camping is open!

#193 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Request for rv sent in!
    Hopefully I did that right

You bringing that fine van?

#204 1 year ago

Campcade 2019 is gonna be all that AND a bag of chips, Daddios. Looks like we'll have at least 4 machines going.
    Sigh... It's only February.

1 month later
    #250 1 year ago

Tentatively bringing Excalibur and Title Fight and one more tbd. And Jimmy's Fireball '72.
    Bringing Oh Boy and Grand Prix for the campground.

1 week later
    #304 1 year ago
    Quoted from mof:

Too soon !!!

(runs back to the garage)

So this... I am soooo behind on prep... That's ok; it'll just make the time pass quicker...

#305 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

will also kick in dollar bills for fireball2 to keep his clothes on this year.

Already picking out my wardrobe for this year, Daddio!

#322 1 year ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I need my Gottlieb fix.

No Black Hole, but Title Fight and Excalibur are coming. Prolly Genie too, for my 3 system Gottlieb sweep like last year.

#323 1 year ago
    Quoted from TG:

FGY for the campground! Look for the turquoise/white '65 Dodge camper van. And there will be beer. Lots and lots of beer.

That's at least 4 machines in our camp so far... Family Guy, Grand Prix, Oh Boy, mebbe Whirlwind... Dog my Cats, we gonna party!

#361 1 year ago
    Quoted from Soulrider911:

think im going to camp this year is it free?

Ummm... Camping was booked up weeks ago, Daddio...

1 week later
    #409 1 year ago

Just registered Title Fight (by popular demand), Excalibur (so dialed in), and for the EM section, Big Daddy (thanks JimmyB). Somebody else is bringing a Genie this year, so I don't have to tote my wide-body girlfren. Grand Prix is ready for gambling in camp. Oh Boy still needs a little somethin somethin before he's ready for high stakes action.

Just put a playfield protector, new eos switches, a bell, and a knocker in jbovenzi's Fireball. OMG, that sucker is going to kick yer ass. Im'a jack it up high for the show, and watch the tears flow.

Are you ready for the show?

We're at 210 games now, mangs. I'd say we're mebbe halfway towards our goal. Get on it and sign up. Bringing games is what this is all about.
    Three (3?!) Mars Treks? Let's mebbe move one out to the campcade for gamblin'?

Edit: Also, whoever this James Edes is, bringing a Meteor and a Seawitch... I like him already.

pinballlew: Text me, Daddio...

#410 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Because this thread should always be on page 1.

You got that right, BenTaco.

#426 1 year ago

jbovenzi's FB72 is so fast now with that playfield protector that I'ma hafta get 4" levelers in order to jack it up high enough. It's all the way up on 2" levelers and all the way down in front, and still one shot from the right flipper grabbed air off the spinning disc and landed back in the skill shot! Dog my Cats, that sucker is fast!

20 days, people... That's less than 3 weeks! Sign up your games. Let's shoot for 400...
    Hey pinheadpierre, are you bringing any shweet EMs this year? Be sure to stop by the campcade and play some Oh Boy! and drink some beer. Tha goes for alla you mugs!

IMG_20190427_134942_100 (resized).jpg
    #463 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

There isn't an ability on your site to load up the beer that we're bringing, so, games

You Boiz rule!
    You mangs gotta come by the campcade and lay some money down...

#470 1 year ago

246 games so far boiz and girlz. Figure we need about 150 more in the next 14 days.
    mrart2u PLEEEEEEEEZE bring that there fine Punk of yours!! Be your best friend! Swear to God!
    We also need a Heavy Metal Meltdown! Which I would also be interested in acquiring!

Bring money to gamble on in the campcade; looks like the MFP Boiz might be rolling hard in the camp too...

#481 1 year ago

This is why jbovenzi's FB72 be needing 4 inches in the back.
    And Oh Boy is soooo ready for hot gambling action!
    See you in 13 daze...

IMG_20190504_171827 (resized).jpgIMG_20190504_131949 (resized).jpg
    #513 1 year ago

257 games... Respectable, but not sufficient. Let's get to work people; sign up those games!
    7 days and a wake up

#514 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

2nd year for me (Colorado)

You sure you can't fit that Blue Chip in carry on? Love that game.

#518 1 year ago

Thanks Sparkmaster once again for the bbq! I'm in with a few loaves of home made sourdough bread and butter.

#575 1 year ago

Just finished a pinball night,with the crew test driving the games for the show and campcade.
    Show: Excalibur, Tile Fight, Big Daddy, Fireball '72
    Camp: Oh Boy, Grand Prix

Pinballlew took $5 from me playing Oh Boy, and set high score on it AND Grand Prix, which he rolled. jbovenzi's Fireball '72 is a screamer.
    All games performed admirably and are now deemed show-ready.

See everybody soon; gotta go reserve my trailer.

#581 1 year ago
    Quoted from jsa:

When you move your older Bally's that pre-date backbox hinges, do you move the backboxes separately or wrap them up together?
    I see many of you wrap with moving plastic and moving blankets. Just curious how everyone does this!

Since I am almost always moving machines by mice elf, I move them separately, wrapped in blankies. Even when I had a Speakeasy, which has a hinged head, I slid it off the hinges to move it. Just too heavy for me to manhandle both together up and down my stairs.

A couple of times, I've taken out the playfield to get that sucker back up the stairs.

#604 1 year ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Looks like a lot of rain this weekend

I'm seeing a strong maybe on Thursday, and then another mebbe on Sunday afternoon.
    I'ma still rolling the dice on the campcade daddio. We'll be fine...
    The pinball godz will smile upon us.

#641 1 year ago

Rolling tomorrow morning...

IMG_20190513_204819 (resized).jpgIMG_20190514_063130_514 (resized).jpgIMG_20190514_063130_516 (resized).jpgIMG_20190514_063130_522 (resized).jpgIMG_20190514_063130_568 (resized).jpg
    #645 1 year ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

I've never played Taxi

Oh My! You're going to have a lot of fun at this show!

#667 1 year ago
    Quoted from mark532011:

Any chance of showing up a little early on Friday and maybe hanging out with everyone till it opens?

I'll have Oh Boy and Grand Prix set up in the campcade by Thursday afternoon/evening... So umm yeah! Come by for a beer...

#671 1 year ago

330 games signed up!
    Mo' mo'!

#676 1 year ago

All systems go!

IMG_20190516_064235 (resized).jpg
    #838 1 year ago

AKA: Pinball Hangover.
    I am tattered. I sat in a 4 1/2 hour traffic jam on I5. Lodi to SLO: 8 1/2 hours. The rain also sucked. But with the bitching out of the way, let us begin...
    I don't need to rehash the compliments to the organizer people about the changes this year. Everything was just better run and smoother.

Thank you to the tech who I can't remember (see pinball hangover) and to my pinbromigo Kyle for fixing my Title Fight and Excalibur. Who'da thunk that Excalibur would start a game missing one ball? After that they were flawless. Haven't checked plays yet, but I didn't see them empty much. The tech support was beauty!

LOVED seeing all the crews: Teh MFP people are the bestest (even if I didn't get at that TNA inside the trailer) and roll the hardest bikes, Sparky and GameExchange and Co put on another beauty.

The crowd at the campcade Thursday and Friday nights was beeyoutee! Loved hearing them bells and chimes across the way, the Tommy Dollars, the socializing and suchlike... It was a blast. Pinball Molly even made an appearance. Saturdays rain put the hurt to that night, but it was worth it for the previous two. I got several people talking about contributing next year... Looks like we got us a tradition. Thanks to all the boiz in the compound for the teamwork and camaraderie; it's always a pleasure. Thanks to Big Mikey and Kevin for helping out even though they weren't camping.

Sorry about Donny's EZ Up... It was a bit brutal Saturday night.

I NEEEEEEEED A DEVIL RIDERS! NOW! And a Reserve. That was a beauty! Oh yeah, and a Ringer.

I'm sure I'll think of more later, but I have to return the trailer.

#855 1 year ago
    IMG_20190516_205038 (resized).jpgIMG_20190517_220310 (resized).jpgIMG_20190517_234617 (resized).jpgIMG_20190519_104853 (resized).jpg
    #858 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Does anyone know who had the Devils Dare black glass at the swap meet?

It was Jimmy Bovensi's. It's mine now! It's a little wrinkled down in the red zone, and missing some paint in the lower right.
    If I were to sell it, it would hafta wait until next year... I don't know from shipping anything, let alone a backglass.

#875 1 year ago
    MMS_1065 (resized).jpeg
    #909 1 year ago
    Quoted from TG:

Want to say thanks to Mark and Aaron, my camping buddies on either side of me this year. I love the group we had in our little compound campcade! It was jumpin' on Thursday and Friday nights. Rain killed it starting Saturday afternoon, but oh well. Don't expect that'll happen much in future shows. Thanks for the sourdough bread and the coffee Mark, and for the snacks and EZ Up setup Aaron. Let's keep the campcade tradition going.

Thank YOU, Todd, for the Family guy and everything else. That sucker was pristine; thanks for sharing. We're going large next year. Kevin was talking about bringing a Super Sprint, @hawkmoon is talking about Rob Zombie, @genex is talking campground PinGolf... oh yeah, we're going large next year. Between the show, the campcade, and the after hours tourney, we are truly making it a weekend of pinball! Also next year, I'll have enough bread to supply snacks for the gamers in the campcade. Hope your brother had fun in spite of the rain.

Party on Waynes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Loop Combo Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 24.00
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 78.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 16.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Tools
    Granby Games
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fireball2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside