Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 928 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

222F4D12-4E6E-48BF-AAD0-BD0C090CACB4 (resized).jpeg
    2F84D602-0213-4658-A153-F16E3613C40A.gif
    goldenstate3.jpg
    goldenstate2.jpg
    goldenstate4.jpg
    gs_2019 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    CB6E2411-269A-4CAB-8B5B-FE40EF4BA71D (resized).png
    D94C3A92-EA04-49AC-A0CC-62EF91C34BC3 (resized).png
    Image from iOS (3) (resized).jpg
    FC659404-09A5-4DA8-87CD-5DA438FEE161 (resized).jpeg
    AustinSnowstorm (resized).jpg
    MMS_1065 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8707 (resized).PNG
    IMG_8708 (resized).PNG
    IMG_8710 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PismoArcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 5 years ago

So when I was checking out of my room at Hampton Suites, the desk clerk asked me how I liked the new location. I told her it was amazing.

She then told me that I was one of many people she spoke with that praised GSPF. She also said that she was going to talk with the manager about implementing a discount rate for next year. I thanked her and told her what a great idea I thought that was.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Alright Pismo!!! Great networking.
    We need to get together before next year's show.

You bet!

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Thanks for laying the ground work! I talked to their sales manager last December but they were unwilling to give us a group rate at that time. We will be working with hotels in the next few months and trying to secure more blocks of rooms earlier so there is plenty to go around.

Yeah....I had thought about suggesting a discounted rate for next year but happily, she beat me to the punch.

1 week later
    #28 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

We are only 350 day away from the most excellent pinball show west of the Mississippi.

I'm leaving tomorrow. Gonna walk to it this time.

2 months later
    #41 5 years ago

I'm thinking about hiring one of those businesses that brings and sets up the trailer for you and takes it when you leave.

1 month later
    #52 5 years ago

Any idea when the volunteer list is going up?

I want to score a good gig/time slot this year.

2 weeks later
    #66 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

218 days until the 2019 Golden State Pinball Festival!!!!!!!!
    See you all at n Lodi!

I think I'm going to rent a trailer this year. There's a place near Lodi that delivers and sets them up.

Loved playing pinball in the campground last year!

2 months later
    #95 5 years ago

So now that I've sold off the last of my collection due to an impending move to a smaller home, I'm officially in the market for a fuller loaded (1000+) Virtual Pin. Thinking about a smaller or vertical one.

Hoping to pick one up a GSPF.

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

You sold all of you games? Or you kept the 3 you have listed?

Had to sell the remaining 3, even the BM66 I bought 5 months ago.

Sold our house and bought a condo and because of space/noise concerns that I have, I decided they had to go. End of an era as I've owned pins since 1979.

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Ok. Wow. You reall are downsizing.
    The vertical vr pin they had at the show last year was pretty cool.

Yeah...I hope that guy is returning. His pin didn't have as many games as I would like but I'm hoping he would add some with enough advance notice.

In doing some research, I've read that downloading/loading new games on a VR Pin can be a pain.

#101 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Pismo, let me see if I can get you that guys info

Thank you...I would like that.

4 months later
    #557 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinfixer:

I have a extra reservation for a king room at the Hampton Inn that I do not need. Arriving Thursday, departing Sunday. $664.84 is the rate quoted total for the nights inclusive of tax. I wanted to pass it along to pinsiders first, but if I don't get a taker by Sunday night I'll cancel the reservation and let it go back to the hotel.
    PM me privately if you want to have me transfer this reservation to you.

PM sent.

#566 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinfixer:

Spoken for. Room no longer available

Amazing how things work out.

This was the first time in many years that I was going to miss this yearly expo because I waited too late to snag a hotel. Many thanks to Pinfixer for hooking up a fellow Pinsider!

Can't wait....6 DAYS UNTIL GSPF!!!

sopranos (resized).jpgsopranos (resized).jpg

#568 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Awesome!!! See you in 6 days!

Can't wait! Just signed up to volunteer.

#572 4 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

YEAHHHHHH BUDDY!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you, Steve!

#577 4 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Just finished a pinball night,with the crew test driving the games for the show and campcade.
    Show: Excalibur, Tile Fight, Big Daddy, Fireball '72
    Camp: Oh Boy, Grand Prix
    Pinballlew took $5 from me playing Oh Boy, and set high score on it AND Grand Prix, which he rolled. jbovenzi's Fireball '72 is a screamer.
    All games performed admirably and are now deemed show-ready.
    See everybody soon; gotta go reserve my trailer.

That was fun! Great to get some flipping practice in...thanks for hosting (and for the sourdough!)

#595 4 years ago
    Quoted from ianwho:

I look forward to coming again. As always my 4:20 friendly pinside members are welcome to ask me to smoke them out. I’ll be bringing plenty of bud.

A little late to the party but count me in!

Quoted from practicalsteve:

Why am I not surprised I know two of the people that gave this a thumbs up

Now at least 3.

#620 4 years ago

Tue
    Cloudy
    74°53°
    Wed
    Rain
    69°53°
    Thu
    Showers
    63°51°
    Fri
    Scattered Showers
    70°47°
    Sat
    Rain
    65°52°
    Sun
    Scattered Showers
    67°48°
    Mon
    Scattered Showers
    69°49°
    Tue
    Partly Cloudy
    70°50°

The latest update.

#693 4 years ago

Packing for tomorrow...first priority taken care of.

fullsizeoutput_e16 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_e16 (resized).jpeg
    #850 4 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

AKA: Pinball Hangover.
    I am tattered. I sat in a 4 1/2 hour traffic jam on I5. Lodi to SLO: 8 1/2 hours. The rain also sucked. But with the bitching out of the way, let us begin...
    I don't need to rehash the compliments to the organizer people about the changes this year. Everything was just better run and smoother.
    Thank you to the tech who I can't remember (see pinball hangover) and to my pinbromigo Kyle for fixing my Title Fight and Excalibur. Who'da thunk that Excalibur would start a game missing one ball? After that they were flawless. Haven't checked plays yet, but I didn't see them empty much. The tech support was beauty!
    LOVED seeing all the crews: Teh MFP people are the bestest (even if I didn't get at that TNA inside the trailer) and roll the hardest bikes, Sparky and GameExchange and Co put on another beauty.
    The crowd at the campcade Thursday and Friday nights was beeyoutee! Loved hearing them bells and chimes across the way, the Tommy Dollars, the socializing and suchlike... It was a blast. Pinball Molly even made an appearance. Saturdays rain put the hurt to that night, but it was worth it for the previous two. I got several people talking about contributing next year... Looks like we got us a tradition. Thanks to all the boiz in the compound for the teamwork and camaraderie; it's always a pleasure. Thanks to Big Mikey and Kevin for helping out even though they weren't camping.
    Sorry about Donny's EZ Up... It was a bit brutal Saturday night.
    I NEEEEEEEED A DEVIL RIDERS! NOW! And a Reserve. That was a beauty! Oh yeah, and a Ringer.
    I'm sure I'll think of more later, but I have to return the trailer.

Wow...that beats my 2 hour traffic jam on 5 when I was going on Friday!

Had a blast hanging out with my pinball friends and playing the latest and classic pins on Friday. Unfortunately, I got my new iPhone stolen from an Uber car on Friday night and woke up on Saturday morning feeling really sick. Luckily, the hotel didn't charge me for Saturday night so I headed home in the morning. Halfway home, I remembered that I signed up as one of four volunteers to clean glass on Saturday. Sincere appologies to Eric and everyone at GSPF.

Camp Silverball was once again a major highlight.

Loved playing Munsters, BKSOR, etc. The headphones were terrific!

Thank you to everyone who helped make GSPF so much fun.

#895 4 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

I've PM'd from Pinside once and emailed the address on his business website. How many times is necessary?
    If he can post pics of his dog, he can send an email. He's obviously connected.

Rob isn't great about returning emails. I wanted to buy a couple of items from him once but he never took the time to get back to me.

I wouldn't worry about your purchase....he's an honest guy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PismoArcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2019-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread-1?tu=PismoArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.