Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 928 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

222F4D12-4E6E-48BF-AAD0-BD0C090CACB4 (resized).jpeg
    2F84D602-0213-4658-A153-F16E3613C40A.gif
    goldenstate3.jpg
    goldenstate2.jpg
    goldenstate4.jpg
    gs_2019 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    CB6E2411-269A-4CAB-8B5B-FE40EF4BA71D (resized).png
    D94C3A92-EA04-49AC-A0CC-62EF91C34BC3 (resized).png
    Image from iOS (3) (resized).jpg
    FC659404-09A5-4DA8-87CD-5DA438FEE161 (resized).jpeg
    AustinSnowstorm (resized).jpg
    MMS_1065 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8707 (resized).PNG
    IMG_8708 (resized).PNG
    IMG_8710 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheddar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 5 years ago

Racking my brain to think of what game that I wanted to play that I didn't see this year that I hope will be there next year. Fathom!

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Oh, I wanted to play Pin*Bot and we didn't have one?!?!?!

yeah we can't be a pinball show without pinbot!

2 months later
    #38 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

I'm definitely thinking about the RV thing this time around. There's something to be said for siesta time and being able to do that on-site.

Camping really took on a life of it's own this year. I don't know if I've ever seen so much out door pinball anywhere. The ability to walk from campsite to campsite and play pinball was amazing

2 weeks later
    #45 5 years ago

Representing at StocktonCon this weekend

image_from_ios-1 (resized).jpgimage_from_ios-1 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #53 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Any idea when the volunteer list is going up?
    I want to score a good gig/time slot this year.

I shoot for March/April for the volunteer list

1 week later
    #57 5 years ago
    Quoted from gaspumprob:

I for sure am looking forward to this show again! Please don’t bash me but how many of you guys are going to PAGG this weekend? I am attending even though it might be small. I think the more shows the better so I am going to try to support both shows.
    Rob

I'll be there Saturday afternoon. Have to take my kid to do the psat in the morning

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Pictures in the PAGG thread confirm that a pro and either a premium or LE (I dont know enough to know which) are already set up there.

The pirate had both (pro and Premium) at the flipper room last week so hopefully both of those will be there.

1 month later
    #78 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

179 days until showtime!

wow below 6 months.

2 weeks later
    #80 5 years ago

We'll be at the Sac Gamers Expo this Sunday. Stop by, say hi, play some pinball!

1 week later
    #88 5 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I would be interested. I was thinking of having an after hours tournament where you have to bring a game outside to join in.

Like Mike Huntsman's Midnight Madness Tournament?

#90 5 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

So, someone came up with the idea before me, eh?
    Sounds like fun!

Some great footage of it here at about the 2:20 mark (the video is great)

https://www.facebook.com/KLFtellsyourstory/videos/613141012380425/UzpfSTEyODc1NDg0NTA6MTAyMTIzOTYyMjM3MjI0OTA/

1 week later
    #100 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Yeah...I hope that guy is returning. His pin didn't have as many games as I would like but I'm hoping he would add some with enough advance notice.
    In doing some research, I've read that downloading/loading new games on a VR Pin can be a pain.

Pismo, let me see if I can get you that guys info

1 week later
    #112 5 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I'm coming up for two full days at the show this year. Friday, sat.
    Sweet.
    I will be very excited to be there. But this coming weekend -INDISC. Saturday.
    I wonder if I will see any pinsiders there too.

It will be great to see you and Veronica! Have fun at INDISC. I can't make that one but I'll be at Arcade Expo in March

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jerryuop:

I have a Slugfest, STTNG, and a Monday Night Football. If anyone is interested in having me bring any of these 3 to the show, let me know in the comments
    I need to buy a pin dolly for sure.....

Yes we are absolutely interested in you bringing those. You'll actually get a free weekend pass if you do

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I like bat and pitch games, but I’ve never had a chance to play slugfest. That would be a good one.
    I think I may have the problem of not having enough room to bring the pins I want to put on the floor, and the project I may sell.

Strap the project on the tailgate. Maybe you can drop it at my place before the show?

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

My annual request...can anyone hook me up with a show poster? Would look great with these!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice crossover GSPF and Donny on a single poster!

1 week later
    #142 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jerryuop:

Would love to see if there are discounted show games again this year

There sure are! PM me for details and prices!

#144 5 years ago

Cash on the glass sales are handled like any other private sale between 2 parties. Golden State is not involved in any way and only provides a space for the game to be shown and listed for sale. We don't receive any proceeds or get involved in any other way.

The demo game sales are between the buyer and Marco specialities. I can get you in contact with them for specifics if you like.

1 week later
    #151 5 years ago

Any .net developers here that would be interested in helping me with some of the tech for the show? PM me if interested

#154 5 years ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

Fudge yeah!!! This will be my first Golden State Pinball Festival to attend and boy is this sure will be a good one for me. I look forward to meeting him and getting his autograph.
    Oh, the Silent Auction... Is there a list of known pinballs up for sale in advance?

The pinballs are for sale by owner. Some of them will post here that they are looking to sell but other than that no.

#156 5 years ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

Ah, I get it.... Was under the assumption the organizers would have an inventory desired to be listed for an auction. Makes more sense its For Sale by owner.

If you have a title you would like post it here and maybe someone can bring it. We love requests

1 week later
    #178 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

When will the volunteer list be ready for signup???

The volunteer list will be available on April 1. I always do it that day

#183 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Did anyone see this? Todd Tuckey on Counter Culture. A PBS show. It shows video of GSPF last year.
    https://www.wlvt.org/television/counter-culture/

Almost all of the games in the first shot are owned by my neighbor Chris. That was my eclipse and Brad's andromeda (I think)

#210 5 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Arcade expo is next for me.

I'll see you there buddy!

2 weeks later
    #222 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbear:

Is it possible to get a standard PDI glass or invisiglass on the show?
    Thanks!

Marco says they'll do HD glass (standard size) for $239 at the show. This is a preorder and has to be paid in advance but you don't pay shipping.

This is also a good time to announce that Marco will have standard and wide body (standard wide like STTNG) playfield glass for $35/sheet. They are only bringing a limited quantity as they don't want to ship it back. PM me if you want to reserve your glass.

3 weeks later
    #251 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Tentatively bringing Excalibur and Title Fight and one more tbd. And Jimmy's Fireball '72.
    Bringing Oh Boy and Grand Prix for the campground.

Sign them up brother! http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/bring-games/

#260 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hawkmoon will be watching all of you do your thing!!!!

corrected

#270 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Does anybody know if "The Beatles" will be attending?? Or,wonder if "The Munsters" will also attend??Maybe the Black Knight will show up??Gonna be one heck of a show!! Looking forward to seeing Fireball 2 at the midnite madness:)C U all there!!!!

The munsters and the black knight will be there (all 3 eras I hope). Haven't seen a beatles signup yet but I know someone who has one. Time to put on a little pressure!

#280 5 years ago
    Quoted from mark532011:

any word on when tickets will be available for the friday kickoff party? the website just says "tune in here closer to showtime to reserve your spot"

Soon... Don't want to do it too close to volunteers and game sign ups

#286 5 years ago

Golden State Pinball Flippin' Friday Party signups are available. Sign up on our home page https://forms.gle/JuuQoiRqSH9K4Nyz9

#288 5 years ago

We sold out last year so we added more tables so everyone can get in on the fun. Beer from 5 Window Brewing, local wines and a great meal. A bargain at $40

#289 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Golden State Pinball Flippin' Friday Party signups are available. Sign up on our home page https://forms.gle/JuuQoiRqSH9K4Nyz9

#292 5 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Is this kid friendly? I just signed up the whole family.

Steve Charland's grandson was there last year. It's mostly adults and they are drinking but it the food is served by girl scouts. It's a dinner party not a party.

Your kids will have a great time

#312 5 years ago

Sweet Chris Kuntz just signed up his awesome Bally Hardbody for the show!

#316 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Added to the games list,
    Woz,hobbit,dialed in,potc.
    Munsters premium, Deadpool premium, Beatles Gold! All courtesy of the pinball pirate,
    Chris Kuntz! Make sure to thank him and everyone who brings games to the show!

or better yet buy a game from him!

#327 5 years ago

Still seats available for the Flippin' Friday Kick-off Party.
    This party is a true bargain. You'll be hanging out with Dirty Donny and our other special guests. In addition to the catered meal and dessert you can enjoy complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks. Our beer supplier this year is Lodi's own 5 Window Brewing. The party is on site at the festival so you don't have to drive anywhere.

We only had 3 tickets available at the door last year and they are $10 more so don't wait.

#336 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

What do the tournament directors do with a game like Goldball? Unless my memory is off, Goldball kicks out a triple scoring special ball at random (randomness adjustable from 1-15%).

Maybe the tournament rom?

#348 5 years ago
    Quoted from jsa:

What's the weirdest game coming to GSPF?

at this point looks like Mad World

#351 5 years ago

That's it for standard glass orders. Stern HD glass orders can still be taken.

#364 5 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

How many games are typically for sale? I'm hoping to make it to the show on Saturday and I'm looking for my first pinball. I'm looking for a ready to play game around $3K.

maybe 20%. So 50-60. Plus there are dealers there if you want nib or used

#386 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Incase anyone missed the announcement,
    The pinball pirate,Chris Kuntz will be the guest of honor at this years flippin Friday kick off dinner at the Golden State Pinball Festival.
    He is being honored for all his contributions to the pinball community and hobby and will be receiving the Steve Charland Spirit Award!
    Make sure to purchase your tickets soon as they are limited and selling fast.

Seats are still available. In addition to the award you get dinner, appetizers, beer and wine

#394 5 years ago
    Quoted from jsa:

I don’t suppose anyone manufactures PDI/Invisiglass/Stern glass for widebody Ballys (27-1/2" x 43" x 3/16") that delivers to GSPF....?
    Pretty sure the answer is no but figured I’d throw it out there.

I can't find the dimensions for widebody invisiglass. Maybe contact the pirate as he is a JJP distributor

#397 5 years ago
    Quoted from jsa:

Yeah, it seems to be the one size that doesn't exist. (27-1/2" x 43")

sorry. This seems to be a simple case of non-presence!

#425 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Hey pinheads, we are only 20 days away from showtime!
    Please remember this is your show.
    YOU make it great, awesome, and special!
    Lots of games on the games list. Be sure to get yours signed up.
    Do you have an item to donate to the silent auction or raffle? Well then get it done.
    There are still spots open to volunteer too.
    And lastly, don’t forget to get your tickets to the flippin Friday kickoff dinner.
    The dinner will once again be prepared by Girl Scout troop 130 of Lodi.
    Trust me when I tell you the food is top shelf.
    As well as the drinks.
    And appetizers.
    We will be honoring our own pinball pirate Chris Kuntz with the presentation of the Steve Charland Spirit Award.
    So much good stuff and many more surprises
    To come.

The party dinner is catered. It is served by Girl Scouts who benefit from the dinner

#459 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

There isn't an ability on your site to load up the beer that we're bringing, so, games..

That would be awesome but some people might want to "play" your beer

#462 4 years ago
    Quoted from creech927:

Just wondering why the glass cutoff was so early. I need a few sheets of glass and appear to be Sheet out of Luck.

Marco has a limit to how many sheets they'll ship at one time. I have no insight into how they make that decision but we hit that limit

They also pallet up the glass, all of their parts for sale and their booth and ship it freight to us so they have longer shipping times to contend with.

#473 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Flash!!!!
    All pure water is supplying the Golden State Pinball Festival with drinking water.[quoted image]

Bring a water bottle! You can always buy a bottle.of water at the show and refill it but we won't be supplying cups.

#497 4 years ago

If you are excited to go to Golden State why not start the weekend off right and go the to Flippin' Friday Kickoff Party? For the low price of $40 you'll get appetizers, dinner, beer, wine and desert.

Even better you'll get to rub elbows and hang out with our Pinball University speaker and watch the presentation of the Second Spirit of Steve Charland Award to the Pinball Pirate Chris Kuntz.

Presales will end soon and the price will go up to $50. Also when presales end we will only hold so many seats in reserve and they will sell out.

#507 4 years ago

The city of Lodi in it's wisdom has decided to tear up the street in front of the Lodi Grape Festival during our event. We still have easy ways of getting into the facility but none are as easy as drive to the thing and park!

I have created a map with instructions. Basically if you are a guest you enter the parking lot on Cherokee St, park and then walk to the main entrance.

If you are a vendor, bringing games, a volunteer or camping on site you come around the back of the site to the back gate.

Here is the map and instructions. Let me know if you have questions.
    Parking (resized).pngParking (resized).png

#510 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

This is very helpful and kind of you to post in advance. No Chinese fire drill when we get there! Thank you

we want people inside and playing pinball and buying from our vendors not trying to figure out where to park!

#554 4 years ago
    Quoted from topkat:

I got an email that marcos won’t have glass I preordered. Not end of world but curious Is this for everyone or just not all orders were able to be filled. ?

Yeah no standard or widebody glass made it into the shipment at all. HD glass is not part of this as it ships from Stern

#588 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

Confirmed!!!
    MFP will be murdering thirst all weekend!

[quoted image]

We need some brawndo too. Damn $125/can on ebay! NOPE!

#591 4 years ago
    Quoted from jsa:

I will be bringing various selections from Libation to trade with you this time, Cary. I finally have a good source!

I will have the precious when I have time to drink it. Be sure and hit me up and bring a cup

#625 4 years ago
    Quoted from mark532011:

It has begun fir me. 1000 miles of pouring rain but i am on my
    way![quoted image]

Wow! Drive safe!

#638 4 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

Are these games available for non tournament play on Saturday? I've never played Taxi and it's on my list of games I'd like to play.

Right now we have 3 Taxis signed up

#649 4 years ago

And I'm happy to see you! 24 in case you were wondering

2019-05-15 09.46.48 (resized).jpg2019-05-15 09.46.48 (resized).jpg2019-05-15 10.00.14 (resized).jpg2019-05-15 10.00.14 (resized).jpg

#655 4 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

Me three!
    The best part for me is that I don't see any forklift piercings!

I inspected and accepted. They all looked great

#798 4 years ago
    Quoted from mark532011:

Dor me the festival is over. Fortunately it is raining otherwise I wouldn’t know what to do
    [quoted image]

Have a safe drive home!

#809 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I was really surprised no version of jjPotC was there. It was a pretty glaring hole when they had a lot of rare and obscure pins there. Marco killed it with all the Sterns they brought, though. It was just a drag they only had one Black Knight premium to play. All the rest were Pros.

There are 2 BK pres here. 1 us with BK, BK2K and the pro all in a line. The other is in an island

#878 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

This year might be remembered as the year of the WX.
    Here is what I was facing outside Austin, NV getting there. ABS city. Snow packed road, hairpin curves and a 6% down grade. Good thing I'm a Colorado native... ( - :
    Made it home safe though, no traffic jams YEAH![quoted image]

Glad you made it home safe. It was great to see you Mike.

#881 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Another great addition to the blacklight room....Thanks Dirty Donny!
    [quoted image]

Is it your second Donny?

#884 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I’m still wading through pinlag.

I almost feel human this morning.

Here's a blast from the recent past for you. Pancho Blanco and the Jersey KidImage from iOS (3) (resized).jpgImage from iOS (3) (resized).jpg

#891 4 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

I spent almost $500 at one of the vendor's booth, doing my part to support.  Also dropped off a board with the same vendor for repair in the hopes it could be repaired during the show.
    I've been disappointed with the lack of response to my inquiries after the vendor packed up with my board on Sunday. 
    Seriously, how hard is it to respond to an email?

If you're talking about Rob Anthony he is driving right now. I keep seeing pics of him on the road with Antar. If you haven't already drop him another email to make sure he got it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheddar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2019-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread-1?tu=Cheddar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.