Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 928 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

222F4D12-4E6E-48BF-AAD0-BD0C090CACB4 (resized).jpeg
    2F84D602-0213-4658-A153-F16E3613C40A.gif
    goldenstate3.jpg
    goldenstate2.jpg
    goldenstate4.jpg
    gs_2019 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    CB6E2411-269A-4CAB-8B5B-FE40EF4BA71D (resized).png
    D94C3A92-EA04-49AC-A0CC-62EF91C34BC3 (resized).png
    Image from iOS (3) (resized).jpg
    FC659404-09A5-4DA8-87CD-5DA438FEE161 (resized).jpeg
    AustinSnowstorm (resized).jpg
    MMS_1065 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8707 (resized).PNG
    IMG_8708 (resized).PNG
    IMG_8710 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CCPL.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#187 5 years ago

For those of you that enjoy the competitive side of pinball, I am pleased to announce the NEW tournament format being introduced this year at the Golden State Pinball Festival! All details on the new format can be found on the web at: http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/tournament

If anybody has questions about the new format or would perhaps like to volunteer for a scorekeepers slot, please feel free to PM me. Volunteers receive 5 free additional entries and also have dedicated qualifying time in the tournament.

If you have to choose between volunteering for the tournament and volunteering for the show itself, I respectfully request that you choose to volunteer for the show. It’s the volunteers that make this show so great and without the show, we have no tournament!

#189 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I like the new format and really appreciate all of the careful thought that went into planning and describing it. One thing I am curious about are the separate male/female divisions. This isn't football, basketball, etc where a generally larger male build has a significant advantage over females. Heck, the only time I participated in a tournament I got knocked out by a woman.
    I totally understand the age brackets. Kids are generally less experienced and genuinely smaller. Some seniors have arthritis, etc which slow their reflexes.
    No big deal, but what the is rationale for male/female divisions in a pinball tournament?

For me personally, as a tournament director, I like the trend of providing divisions within a tournament in order to help increase the overall player base of pinball, and making an event of this type and size be as accessible to every demographic as possible.

In addition to that somewhat opinionated rationale, the larger reason is that the IFPA incorporates a specific Women's Ranking system, as found here: https://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/women.php

Simply put, I want the Golden State Pinball Festival to be the best show it can be, and in this specific area, providing an event that feeds into this system is a must have to reach that goal.

1 week later
    #214 5 years ago
    Quoted from CCPL:

For those of you that enjoy the competitive side of pinball, I am pleased to announce the NEW tournament format being introduced this year at the Golden State Pinball Festival! All details on the new format can be found on the web at: http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/tournament
    If anybody has questions about the new format or would perhaps like to volunteer for a scorekeepers slot, please feel free to PM me. Volunteers receive 5 free additional entries and also have dedicated qualifying time in the tournament.
    If you have to choose between volunteering for the tournament and volunteering for the show itself, I respectfully request that you choose to volunteer for the show. It’s the volunteers that make this show so great and without the show, we have no tournament!

We've made some tweaks to the tournament to be more in line with what we feel serves the community best, and also maximizes WPPRs earned from the Women's event. Same overall format for the main tournament, but now the Women's tournament is a separate, dedicated event on Sunday. Details are up to date at http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/tournament and games will start to be revealed soon!

1 month later
    #338 5 years ago

Great question re: Gold Ball! I have installed a different ROM, and the "Gold Ball" feature must be earned by spelling GOLDBALL. This will be clearly stated on the game. Any other game tweaks or important adjustments will also be clearly posted on each game.

#370 5 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

How many games are typically for sale? I'm hoping to make it to the show on Saturday and I'm looking for my first pinball. I'm looking for a ready to play game around $3K.

gunstarhero Has an amazing Monopoly for sale for $3k.

2 weeks later
    #483 4 years ago

For those interested in the tournament, we have volunteer spots open. All volunteers are provided the opportunity to partake in a volunteer only qualifying period during the last 1 hour on Friday and Saturday nights.

---------------

We're using SignUp.com (the leading online signup and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming activity.

Please sign up for GSPF 2019 Tournament Volunteers! 

Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
    1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on SignUp.com: https://signup.com/login/entry/857020598623594061
    2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com)
    3. Sign up! Choose your spots - SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!

Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.

#547 4 years ago

For those of you interested in the tournament, here's a photo of the grand champion trophy.

award-gspf2019_gc (resized).pngaward-gspf2019_gc (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CCPL.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2019-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread-1?tu=CCPL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.