Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 928 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

222F4D12-4E6E-48BF-AAD0-BD0C090CACB4 (resized).jpeg
    2F84D602-0213-4658-A153-F16E3613C40A.gif
    goldenstate3.jpg
    goldenstate2.jpg
    goldenstate4.jpg
    gs_2019 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    CB6E2411-269A-4CAB-8B5B-FE40EF4BA71D (resized).png
    D94C3A92-EA04-49AC-A0CC-62EF91C34BC3 (resized).png
    Image from iOS (3) (resized).jpg
    FC659404-09A5-4DA8-87CD-5DA438FEE161 (resized).jpeg
    AustinSnowstorm (resized).jpg
    MMS_1065 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8707 (resized).PNG
    IMG_8708 (resized).PNG
    IMG_8710 (resized).PNG
    There are 928 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 19.
    #1 5 years ago

Mark your callenders now.
    May 17-18-19 2019 in Lodi California.
    The countdown has begun!!!!!!

#2 5 years ago

Got it! cant wait!

#3 5 years ago

Took you almost a whole hour this year to start the new thread, you’re slipping Spence!

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Took you almost a whole hour this year to start the new thread, you’re slipping Spence!

Yeah, I had my hands full soldering games and loading trucks.

#6 5 years ago

OK so I mentioned this to a few folks including some of the organizers and want to see what would the interest be in a few things related to the camping/RV situation. Basically what I'd kind of like to do is replicate some of what they do at Dory Hill, which I've been to before.

Here's a few pix of the setups from there but essentially we've been banging around the idea to do this somewhere in NorCal but after this years GSPF at the new location in Lodi, I felt like it can happen as part of GSPF2019.

It could just be as casual as "if you are camping/bringing an RV, if you can leave one+ pinball machines at your camp to share with others, please do". It could be like an around the world thing, where each person who chooses to participate can theme out their machine/setup and create rules for it (e.g. like how Oh Boy became the $1 game machine - although of course this would all be For Amusement Only!).

Anyhow, what are people's thoughts? The camping scene is already great but would love to see it grow!

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 2.10.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-21 at 2.10.51 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 2.11.00 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-21 at 2.11.00 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 2.10.33 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-21 at 2.10.33 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 2.11.23 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-21 at 2.11.23 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 2.12.20 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-21 at 2.12.20 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 2.12.05 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-21 at 2.12.05 PM (resized).png

#7 5 years ago

So when I was checking out of my room at Hampton Suites, the desk clerk asked me how I liked the new location. I told her it was amazing.

She then told me that I was one of many people she spoke with that praised GSPF. She also said that she was going to talk with the manager about implementing a discount rate for next year. I thanked her and told her what a great idea I thought that was.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

So when I was checking out of my room at Hampton Suites, the desk clerk asked me how I liked the new location. I told her it was amazing.
    She then told me that I was one of many people she spoke with that praised GSPF. She also said that she was going to talk with the manager about implementing a discount rate for next year. I thanked her and told her what a great idea I thought that was.

Alright Pismo!!! Great networking.

We need to get together before next year's show.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Alright Pismo!!! Great networking.
    We need to get together before next year's show.

You bet!

#10 5 years ago

Oh baby, still pinhungover, but still can't wait for next year. Already visioning the campcade...
    Spencer, say hey to your boy for me:
    https://www.funcarnival.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=HA-FHOD-EA&Store_Code=ACM&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3InYBRCLARIsAG6bfMTbdbUrEK6vQuZZYGQzRBVfoZEOzblyWwYkErB28_8xE2oQvauGFlEaAqxVEALw_wcB

At fourfitty each, we could easily get a pindog posse going...

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Thanks for laying the ground work! I talked to their sales manager last December but they were unwilling to give us a group rate at that time. We will be working with hotels in the next few months and trying to secure more blocks of rooms earlier so there is plenty to go around.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Thanks for laying the ground work! I talked to their sales manager last December but they were unwilling to give us a group rate at that time. We will be working with hotels in the next few months and trying to secure more blocks of rooms earlier so there is plenty to go around.

Yeah....I had thought about suggesting a discounted rate for next year but happily, she beat me to the punch.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Oh baby, still pinhungover, but still can't wait for next year. Already visioning the campcade...
    Spencer, say hey to your boy for me:
    https://www.funcarnival.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=HA-FHOD-EA&Store_Code=ACM&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3InYBRCLARIsAG6bfMTbdbUrEK6vQuZZYGQzRBVfoZEOzblyWwYkErB28_8xE2oQvauGFlEaAqxVEALw_wcB
    At fourfitty each, we could easily get a pindog posse going...

Lol, will do.

#14 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure with all the business they got this year they will want to give us a good rate.

#15 5 years ago

Can I reserve my camping spot for next year already? I'm already Jones-ing! GSPF 2018 was an awesome time, can't wait for 2019.

#16 5 years ago

Having parking my little trailer at both Dixon and now Lodi for the festival, I have to say I very much prefer the setup at Lodi. I want spot #35 again next year at Lodi, right up next to the building.

#17 5 years ago

Racking my brain to think of what game that I wanted to play that I didn't see this year that I hope will be there next year. Fathom!

#18 5 years ago

I wanted a few more mid to late 70's EMs like Grand Prix, Bow and Arrow, and Captain Fantastic. Barracora and Fathom were missed. Hmmm, what else...Oh, I wanted to play Pin*Bot and we didn't have one?!?!?!

#19 5 years ago

Oh, I wanted to play Pin*Bot and we didn't have one?!?!?!

yeah we can't be a pinball show without pinbot!

#20 5 years ago

I think we should have a wishlist going of games we want to see. I had a hard time deciding which games to bring. Every time I thought of one it was on the list already. A wish list would have been easier to work with.

#21 5 years ago

I didn't see a Taxi, or did I just miss it?

#22 5 years ago

I had a couple of people ask me about Taxi. Unfortunately, there was not one at the show. The other one we were missing was Elvira and the Party Monsters.

#23 5 years ago

I didn't see a Medieval Madness either

#24 5 years ago

360 days until the 2019 Golden State Pinball Festival!!

#25 5 years ago

357 days until the 2019 Golden State Pinball Festival!

#26 5 years ago

353 days and counting.

#27 5 years ago

We are only 350 day away from the most excellent pinball show west of the Mississippi.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

We are only 350 day away from the most excellent pinball show west of the Mississippi.

I'm leaving tomorrow. Gonna walk to it this time.

1 week later
    #29 5 years ago

342 days until the 2019 Golden State Pinball Festival!

2 weeks later
    #30 5 years ago

327 days until the 2019 Golden State Pinball Festival!

1 week later
    #31 5 years ago

315 days until the 2019 Golden State Pinball Festival!!!!!

1 week later
    #32 5 years ago

306 days until Showtime!

#33 5 years ago

Gonna need to speed this up.

#34 5 years ago

300 days until Showtime!!!!

1 week later
    #35 5 years ago

288 days until the 2019 Golden State Pinball Festival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lodi here we come!!!!!

#36 5 years ago

A few buddies are thinking of bunking in an RV this year. About the same cost as rooms once we have 3 ppl. If I still have it, I'll bring Gorgar to the RV area for wanderers to play.
    Can't wait!

#37 5 years ago

I'm definitely thinking about the RV thing this time around. There's something to be said for siesta time and being able to do that on-site.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

I'm definitely thinking about the RV thing this time around. There's something to be said for siesta time and being able to do that on-site.

Camping really took on a life of it's own this year. I don't know if I've ever seen so much out door pinball anywhere. The ability to walk from campsite to campsite and play pinball was amazing

#39 5 years ago

Cheddar,
    When will the RV spots likely be opened up? I don't want to miss out next year.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Cheddar,
    When will the RV spots likely be opened up? I don't want to miss out next year.

We will open them up before the end of the year, with plenty of notice.

#41 5 years ago

I'm thinking about hiring one of those businesses that brings and sets up the trailer for you and takes it when you leave.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm thinking about hiring one of those businesses that brings and sets up the trailer for you and takes it when you leave.

Great idea Tony. That way you are closer to the action and don't have to drive anywhere.
    And you can have coffee with us every morning.

2 weeks later
    #43 5 years ago

271 days and counting until the 2019 Golden State Pinball Festival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get ready!!!!!!!!

It's coming!!!!!!!

It's going to be neat-O.

#44 5 years ago

I've already been thinking about which games I should bring.

#45 5 years ago

Representing at StocktonCon this weekend

image_from_ios-1 (resized).jpgimage_from_ios-1 (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #46 5 years ago

256 days until the Golden State Pinball Festival!!!!!!!!!

#47 5 years ago

250 days until Showtime!!!!

#48 5 years ago

Yesterday was the GSPF volunteers party.
    It was held at the flipper room in Concord Ca.
    Great fun and food. Lots of pins in great condition.
    See, it really pays to volunteer.

IMG_7315 (resized).JPGIMG_7315 (resized).JPGIMG_7319 (resized).JPGIMG_7319 (resized).JPGIMG_7321 (resized).JPGIMG_7321 (resized).JPGIMG_7322 (resized).JPGIMG_7322 (resized).JPGIMG_7323 (resized).JPGIMG_7323 (resized).JPGIMG_7332 (resized).JPGIMG_7332 (resized).JPGIMG_7336 (resized).JPGIMG_7336 (resized).JPGIMG_7341 (resized).JPGIMG_7341 (resized).JPGIMG_7356 (resized).JPGIMG_7356 (resized).JPGIMG_7375 (resized).JPGIMG_7375 (resized).JPGIMG_7390 (resized).JPGIMG_7390 (resized).JPGIMG_7391 (resized).JPGIMG_7391 (resized).JPGIMG_7393 (resized).JPGIMG_7393 (resized).JPGIMG_7406 (resized).JPGIMG_7406 (resized).JPGIMG_7408 (resized).JPGIMG_7408 (resized).JPGIMG_7410 (resized).JPGIMG_7410 (resized).JPGIMG_7411 (resized).JPGIMG_7411 (resized).JPGIMG_7416 (resized).JPGIMG_7416 (resized).JPG
    #49 5 years ago

One more.

IMG_7422 (resized).JPGIMG_7422 (resized).JPG
    #50 5 years ago

Looks like fun! Maybe some year I will be able to get to one of your get togethers.

There are 928 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2019-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread-1?hl=thatonedude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.