Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 928 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

222F4D12-4E6E-48BF-AAD0-BD0C090CACB4 (resized).jpeg
    2F84D602-0213-4658-A153-F16E3613C40A.gif
    goldenstate3.jpg
    goldenstate2.jpg
    goldenstate4.jpg
    gs_2019 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    CB6E2411-269A-4CAB-8B5B-FE40EF4BA71D (resized).png
    D94C3A92-EA04-49AC-A0CC-62EF91C34BC3 (resized).png
    Image from iOS (3) (resized).jpg
    FC659404-09A5-4DA8-87CD-5DA438FEE161 (resized).jpeg
    AustinSnowstorm (resized).jpg
    MMS_1065 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8707 (resized).PNG
    IMG_8708 (resized).PNG
    IMG_8710 (resized).PNG
    There are 928 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 19.
    #301 5 years ago

My son and I will be bringing our restorations. This should be interesting! Can’t wait to hear what you all think.

They will also be equipped with Scorbit for you to check out.

See you in Lodi!

#302 5 years ago

Are JJP and Wonka exhibiting this year?

#303 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

39 Days until the Golden State Pinball Festival!!!

Too soon !!!

(runs back to the garage)

-mof

#304 5 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Too soon !!!

(runs back to the garage)

So this... I am soooo behind on prep... That's ok; it'll just make the time pass quicker...

#305 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

will also kick in dollar bills for fireball2 to keep his clothes on this year.

Already picking out my wardrobe for this year, Daddio!

#306 5 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

Are JJP and Wonka exhibiting this year?

We expect Wonka to make an appearance but no promises as it's out of our control.

#307 5 years ago

Hey, anyone have any recommendations on a convenient car/van/truck to rent for moving two pins? I've never had to move more than one at a time before, and now that I'm bringing two, I never really thought about it until now.

I'd tow a trailer but I literally have no experience with that and it might be a horror show.

#308 5 years ago

U-Haul has a small truck that works!!! If you don't have a lift,also rent a appliance dolly to move your pins!!!! C U there!!!!

#309 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

U-Haul has a small truck that works!!! If you don't have a lift,also rent a appliance dolly to move your pins!!!! C U there!!!!

I have a harbor freight lift table and a regular appliance dolly, but nothing particularly special for removing something from the back of a truck.

#310 5 years ago
    Quoted from jsa:

I have a harbor freight lift table and a regular appliance dolly, but nothing particularly special for removing something from the back of a truck.

If you have a lift table, you can use that to get your pins into the back of a truck. I do it all the time. I usually park my truck with the rear wheels in the gutter, which lowers the level of the truck by about another 6 inches. Then I jack my lift table all the way up, and slide the pin into the back of the truck. I often do this without a helper.

#311 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

To be clear, when you say small truck, do you mean small pickup?

#312 5 years ago

Sweet Chris Kuntz just signed up his awesome Bally Hardbody for the show!

#313 5 years ago

Hey! You with the face! Sign your games up.
    Do something cool. Amaze your friends!
    Win a cool prize!!!!

#314 5 years ago

Oh, 37 days until showtime!

#315 5 years ago

Added to the games list,
    Woz,hobbit,dialed in,potc.
    Munsters premium, Deadpool premium, Beatles Gold! All courtesy of the pinball pirate,
    Chris Kuntz! Make sure to thank him and everyone who brings games to the show!

#316 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Added to the games list,
    Woz,hobbit,dialed in,potc.
    Munsters premium, Deadpool premium, Beatles Gold! All courtesy of the pinball pirate,
    Chris Kuntz! Make sure to thank him and everyone who brings games to the show!

or better yet buy a game from him!

#317 5 years ago

Someone needs to bring a Gottlieb Black Hole... I need my Gottlieb fix.

#318 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

or better yet buy a game from him!

Listen to Cheddar. He knows what’s up.

#319 5 years ago

Anybody interested in hauling a pin after the show to LA area?
    Will of course compensate you for your time.
    Bonus points if I already know you.

#320 5 years ago

Just signed up AMH and AC/DC BIBLE for the show floor, and FGY for the campground! Look for the turquoise/white '65 Dodge camper van. And there will be beer. Lots and lots of beer.

#321 5 years ago
    Quoted from TG:

Just signed up AMH and AC/DC BIBLE for the show floor, and FGY for the campground! Look for the turquoise/white '65 Dodge camper van. And there will be beer. Lots and lots of beer.

That’s the spirit!!!!

#322 5 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I need my Gottlieb fix.

No Black Hole, but Title Fight and Excalibur are coming. Prolly Genie too, for my 3 system Gottlieb sweep like last year.

#323 5 years ago
    Quoted from TG:

FGY for the campground! Look for the turquoise/white '65 Dodge camper van. And there will be beer. Lots and lots of beer.

That's at least 4 machines in our camp so far... Family Guy, Grand Prix, Oh Boy, mebbe Whirlwind... Dog my Cats, we gonna party!

#324 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

No Black Hole, but Title Fight and Excalibur are coming. Prolly Genie too, for my 3 system Gottlieb sweep like last year.

These were the highlights for me last year. Very much looking forward to them again!

#325 5 years ago

Fiiiiiine...I’ll bring Black Hole!

#326 5 years ago

I haven’t posted a ton but that doesn’t mean I’m not super stoked for the show and excited to see old friends.

I am running a contest over on the official Golden State pinball festival page on Facebook to get people excited about signing up games! If you haven’t you need to! You can win a limited edition show poster printed on gold paper stock! I only made TWO. (It’s hard to see the awesome gold accents in the photo, but everything that is white is like a shiny gold)

If you already signed up games you are still eligible- all you have to do is go over to our Facebook page and find the post from Tuesday where I announced the contest and give it a like and leave a comment!

F6151EF9-96E3-4BFF-97C3-9DB0E1D276FD (resized).jpegF6151EF9-96E3-4BFF-97C3-9DB0E1D276FD (resized).jpeg
    #327 5 years ago

Still seats available for the Flippin' Friday Kick-off Party.
    This party is a true bargain. You'll be hanging out with Dirty Donny and our other special guests. In addition to the catered meal and dessert you can enjoy complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks. Our beer supplier this year is Lodi's own 5 Window Brewing. The party is on site at the festival so you don't have to drive anywhere.

We only had 3 tickets available at the door last year and they are $10 more so don't wait.

#328 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Still seats available for the Flippin' Friday Kick-off Party.
    This party is a true bargain. You'll be hanging out with Dirty Donny and our other special guests. In addition to the catered meal and dessert you can enjoy complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks. Our beer supplier this year is Lodi's own 5 Window Brewing. The party is on site at the festival so you don't have to drive anywhere.
    We only had 3 tickets available at the door last year and they are $10 more so don't wait.

If for anything else... do it for the beer!!

Like GSPF, Five Window Brewing is a delicious jewel of Lodi.
    ~Steveo

FIVE WINDOW BREWING (resized).jpgFIVE WINDOW BREWING (resized).jpg
    #329 5 years ago

Flash!!!!! 3 games released for the tournament bank.
    Iron Maiden, Dr.Who,and Goldball!!!
    See the link for more info.
    http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/tournament/
    See you there!!

#330 5 years ago

35 days until Showtime!

#331 5 years ago
    Quoted from jsa:

To be clear, when you say small truck, do you mean small pickup?

NO,they have a small van that works really well!!!

#332 5 years ago

Hey all,

Just wanted to make sure everybody knew that we at Pinball Pirate will be offering the same show deals with new Stern machines you can currently get with Marco, but from Chris, and his famous warranty service within the greater bay area! The stipulations are the same, the game needs to be delivered and unboxed at the show, and stay until Sunday, but after that, its yours, with a warranty! I will get back with details on deadlines etc for orders, but please feel free to contact Chris to get orders in.

I'm really looking forward to the show! Trying to finish up the playfield swap on my Xenon to get it all broken in at the show!

#333 5 years ago

how long is it?

#334 5 years ago

33 Days!
    Are you ready?

#335 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Flash!!!!! 3 games released for the tournament bank.
    Iron Maiden, Dr.Who,and Goldball!!!
    See the link for more info.
    http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/tournament/
    See you there!!

What do the tournament directors do with a game like Goldball? Unless my memory is off, Goldball kicks out a triple scoring special ball at random (randomness adjustable from 1-15%).

#336 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

What do the tournament directors do with a game like Goldball? Unless my memory is off, Goldball kicks out a triple scoring special ball at random (randomness adjustable from 1-15%).

Maybe the tournament rom?

#337 5 years ago

https://www.ipdb.org/files/1024/Bally_1983_Gold_Ball_Manual.pdf

Here is the Gold ball manual to change settings if needed. The tournament director will cover issues like this. I would imagine. No worries.

I'll be there!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    #338 5 years ago

Great question re: Gold Ball! I have installed a different ROM, and the "Gold Ball" feature must be earned by spelling GOLDBALL. This will be clearly stated on the game. Any other game tweaks or important adjustments will also be clearly posted on each game.

#339 5 years ago
    Quoted from CCPL:

Great question re: Gold Ball! I have installed a different ROM, and the "Gold Ball" feature must be earned by spelling GOLDBALL. This will be clearly stated on the game. Any other game tweaks or important adjustments will also be clearly posted on each game.

Very cool. I didn't know there were custom tournament roms for older games like this.

#340 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Very cool. I didn't know there were custom tournament roms for older games like this.

Oh yeah... also some cool other changes/etc for games that had some limitations that needed fixing. I'm more of a purist, but I always keep my ROM burner handy in case someone wants to play around.

#341 5 years ago

Sunday bump.

#342 5 years ago
    Quoted from itsokay:

Hey all,
    Just wanted to make sure everybody knew that we at Pinball Pirate will be offering the same show deals with new Stern machines you can currently get with Marco, but from Chris, and his famous warranty service within the greater bay area! The stipulations are the same, the game needs to be delivered and unboxed at the show, and stay until Sunday, but after that, its yours, with a warranty! I will get back with details on deadlines etc for orders, but please feel free to contact Chris to get orders in.
    I'm really looking forward to the show! Trying to finish up the playfield swap on my Xenon to get it all broken in at the show!

This is absolutely fantastic! Pinball Pirate doing this is above and beyond for the SF Bay Area! Very happy to hear this!

#343 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Anybody interested in hauling a pin after the show to LA area?
    Will of course compensate you for your time.
    Bonus points if I already know you.

Contact Chris Fox !!!

#344 5 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

Contact Chris Fox !!!

Thank you for recommendation.
    I hear nothing but good things about Mr Fox.

Luckily shipping situation has already been handled.

#345 5 years ago

32 days until Showtime!

#346 5 years ago

What's the weirdest game coming to GSPF?

#347 5 years ago

I hope Wonka makes an appearance at the show....

#348 5 years ago
    Quoted from jsa:

What's the weirdest game coming to GSPF?

at this point looks like Mad World

#349 5 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I hope Wonka makes an appearance at the show....

Jen at Jersey Jack couldn't promise us one, but she said she was going to 'really try to make it happen' in regards to getting us a Willy Wonka to bring to the show, this was a week or two ago so i'm not sure if MGC has changed that or not. I'll keep you all updated when they let us know.

#350 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Thanks for bringing Title Fight. We love playing that. I'm hoping Viking will come back this year. It was at PAGG a few years ago.

There are 928 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2019-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread-1/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.